Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,795 members, 7,802,533 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:00 PM

12 True Facts You Have Never Heard About The Yoruba Nation - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 12 True Facts You Have Never Heard About The Yoruba Nation (7846 Views)

Why You Have Never Heard Of An Igbo Empire. / Important Drums Of The Yoruba People / 6 Interesting Facts You Need To Know About Marriage Process In Hausa Land (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 12 True Facts You Have Never Heard About The Yoruba Nation by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jan 03, 2020
cbrass:

Okay are you also saying the Portugesse also towing the Yoruba line?
It seems you live in a dream world, the Portuguese had no early contact with anybody called Yoruba. Even the name Yoruba is a new name.
Re: 12 True Facts You Have Never Heard About The Yoruba Nation by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jan 03, 2020
cbrass:

why not pick out the lies and let us address it one by one, it is on record that all Kings in Yorubaland(not only southwest alone) vacated their throne for the Ooni when he left his Palace, although i am not sure about that of warri and Bini
So the goal post has been moved ?
And once an other person proves to you the alafin of oyo didn't live his palace, you will move the goalpost again. By the way, "Yoruba land" what in hell is that. You guys live in fantasy !

1 Like

Re: 12 True Facts You Have Never Heard About The Yoruba Nation by cbrass(m): 11:09pm On Jan 03, 2020
Efesogie:

So the goal post has been moved ?
And once an other person proves to you the alafin of oyo didn't live his palace, you will move the goalpost again. By the way, "Yoruba land" what in hell is that. You guys live in fantasy !
you didn't prove anything ...i knew that of all Yoruba kings , just not sure about the ones from the South South
Re: 12 True Facts You Have Never Heard About The Yoruba Nation by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jan 03, 2020
cbrass:

What is your truth and let us hear it please,

by the way who was the first man to bring horse to Igodomigodo
I can see you lack proper education. For your info, igodomigodo is a fable. Your question doesn't even make sense.
Re: 12 True Facts You Have Never Heard About The Yoruba Nation by cbrass(m): 11:13pm On Jan 03, 2020
Efesogie:
It seems you live in a dream world, the Portuguese had no early contact with anybody called Yoruba. Even the name Yoruba is a new name.

Thesame people who saw Sango? They were even the ones who confirmed it in their writings that Sango do spit fire from his mouth .

Did you even know that Herodus - the great Historian wrote about Ile - Ife and how to get there, and also counted it among the great Cities of that time Before Christ.
Re: 12 True Facts You Have Never Heard About The Yoruba Nation by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jan 03, 2020
cbrass:

you didn't prove anything ...i knew that of all Yoruba kings , just not sure about the ones from the South South
you are showing signs of dementia. The fact the Oba of Benin was in exile in Calabar under house arrest and that his palace was burnt down in 1897 and rebuilt after 1914 shows you guys are a bunch of liars.

1 Like

Re: 12 True Facts You Have Never Heard About The Yoruba Nation by cbrass(m): 11:14pm On Jan 03, 2020
Efesogie:
I can see you lack proper education. For your info, igodomigodo is a fable. Your question doesn't even make sense.

I won't argue with you again . you can say what ever you like to please your self
Re: 12 True Facts You Have Never Heard About The Yoruba Nation by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jan 03, 2020
cbrass:

Thesame people who saw Sango? They were even the ones who confirmed it in their writings that Sango do spit fire from his mouth .

Did you even know that Herodus - the great Historian wrote about Ile - Ife and how to get there, and also counted it among the great Cities of that time Before Christ.
ok, interesting...
I can see I have been talking to a mad man, I guess the other troll is crazy as well, I need not continu this waste of time.
Re: 12 True Facts You Have Never Heard About The Yoruba Nation by TAO11(f): 11:35pm On Jan 03, 2020
Efesogie:

All the above is a lie. In 1903 the Oba of Benin was Oba Ovonramwen, he lost a war against Britain six years earlier (1897) and he was in exile in Calabar in a sort of house arrest. His palace, had been burnt down by the British, Benin city (the capital of Benin empire) was in ruins. The British burnt the city down. Why you Yoruba always tell lies to aggrandise yourselves baffles me. Next you should say that all kings of the universe vacated their thrones when they heard a guy with a d.ick on his forehead was summoned to Lagos by his British masters.

It is very typical of Bini 'Nairalanders' to constitute nuisance all over the internet jus as you've been doing under and below me.

When I read the first few words of your comment here, viz. "All the above is a lie.", I was expecting you will be presenting a copy of the 1903 Government Gazette to show that all I wrote --- and what the past Ooni confirmed in the video while reading from the Government Gazette --- was false. grin

Nay, what you did instead was to repeat the same piece of historical information already known to every Tom, Dick, and Harry in Nigeria --- i.e., that in the year 1897, the British embarked on a punitive expedition (not a war tho wink ) which got Oba Ovanramwen Nogbaisi exiled to Calabar, and the palace razed.

But guess what, this information does not discredit the historical fact I had earlier submitted in any way. Not even in the slightest way.

How on earth does Ovanramwen's expulsion in 1897 indicate to you that all the kings in the Southern Protectorate (from Warri, through Asaba, up to Lagos --- including all the Yoruba interior) did NOT actually vacate their respective palaces in the year 1903 as I have earlier alluded?? How??

At this point, if you have any atom of smartness anywhere within you, then you must have begun to realize your irreparable gaffe and bungle.

Moreover, Ovanramwen's expulsion to Calabar by the British Government was immediately followed by a replacement, by the same British Government, with an interim Oba of Benin during the period of interregnum, in the person of Chief Agho Ogbedeoyo who reigned from 1897 till 1914 when Eweka 2 took over.

Eweka 2 was credited, in Benin history, with rebuilding the ruins of the razed palace. In other words, both him and Agho Ogbedeoyo (who preceded him) did not rule Benin kingdom (prior to rebuilding the ruined palace) from a vacuum or an empty space. They obviously ruled from a palace, the building of which must have been made possible by the same British Government who installed Agho Ogbedeoyo.

You rants, emotions, and pseudo-intellectual submissions just dissipated and evaporated, right before your eyes, in the light of truthful and objective scrutiny.

Yes, you will bring on emotions and rants (as you've been doing under every other comment of mine) since the best you got just died.

You will be fine.

Cheers!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 12 True Facts You Have Never Heard About The Yoruba Nation by Nobody: 12:01am On Jan 04, 2020
TAO11:

It is very typical of Bini 'Nairalanders' to constitute nuisance all over the internet jus as you've been doing under and below me.

When I read the first few words of your comment here, viz. "All the above is a lie.", I was expecting you will be presenting a copy of the 1903 Government Gazette to show that all I wrote --- and what the past Ooni confirmed in the video while reading from the Government Gazette --- was false. grin

Nay, what you did instead was to repeat the same piece of historical information already known to every Tom, Dick, and Harry in Nigeria --- i.e., that in the year 1897, the British embarked on a punitive expedition (not a war tho wink ) which got Oba Ovanramwen Nogbaisi exiled to Calabar, and the palace razed.

But guess what, this information does not discredit the historical fact I had earlier submitted in any way. Not even in the slightest way.

How on earth does Ovanramwen's expulsion in 1897 indicate to you that all the kings in the Southern Protectorate (from Warri, through Asaba, up to Lagos --- including all the Yoruba interior) did NOT actually vacate their respective palaces in the year 1903 as I have earlier alluded?? How??

At this point, if you have any atom of smartness anywhere within you, then you must have begun to realize your irreparable gaffe and bungle.

Moreover, Ovanramwen's expulsion to Calabar by the British Government was immediately followed by a replacement, by the same British Government, with an interim Oba of Benin during the period of interregnum, in the person of Chief Agho Ogbedeoyo who reigned from 1897 till 1914 when Eweka 2 took over.

Eweka 2 was credited, in Benin history, with rebuilding the ruins of the burnt palace. In other words, both him and Agho Ogbedeoyo (who preceded him) did not rule Benin kingdom (prior to rebuilding the ruined palace) from a vacuum or an empty space. They obviously ruled from a palace, the building of which must have been made possible by the same British Government who installed Agho Ogbedeoyo.

You rants, emotions, and pseudo-intellectual submissions just dissipated and evaporated, right before your eyes, in the light of truthful and objective scrutiny.

Yes, you will bring on emotions and rants (as you've been doing under every other comment of mine) since the best you got just died.

You will be fine.

Cheers!
There was never any "replacement oba".
And "Agho Ogbedeoyo", your quick google research failed you. This happense when people are trying to pretend they know something while they know nothing.
When the Oba of Benin who fought a war against britain was in exile, Chief Agho Obaseki, the great grand father of the current governor of Edostate ruled as Iyase (prime minister), not Oba. The british tried to make him Oba but such is an abomination in Benin tradition, therefor the Edo resisted it and were ready for an other war which is why the british gave up the idea. In 1914, after the demise of Oba Ovonramwen, his first son, the crown prince of Benin Kingdom returned and took over the title of his father.

Also, you seem to not understand what the word "interregnum" means. It means there was no king, which contradicts your claim of a replacement Oba !
Basically you went on google and typed here what you read in the internet. What you wrote is out of topic and the fact your earlier writeup is a bunch of lies still stands. In 1903 the Oba of Benin was Oba Ovonramwen, he was in exile and his palace was burnt down. The palace was rebuilt in 1914.

So you are a bloody liar.

1 Like

Re: 12 True Facts You Have Never Heard About The Yoruba Nation by TAO11(f): 12:05am On Jan 04, 2020
Efesogie:

And "Agho Ogbedeoyo", your quick google research failed you. This happense when people are trying to pretend they know something while they know nothing.
When the Oba of Benin who fought a war against britain was in exile, Chief Agho Obaseki, the great grand father of the current governor of Edostate ruled as Iyase (prime minister), not Oba. The british tried to make him Oba but such is an abomination in Benin tradition, therefor the Edo resisted it and were ready for an other war which is why the british gave up the idea. In 1914, afterthe demise of Oba Ovonramwen, his first son, the crown prince of Benin Kingdom returned and took over the title of his father.

Also, you seem to not understand what the word "interregnum" means. It means there was no king, which contradicts your claim of a replacement Oba !
Basically you went on google and typed here what you read in the internet. What you wrote is out of topic and the fact your earlier writeup is a bunch of lies still stand. In 1903 the Oba of Benin was Oba Ovonramwen, he was on exile and his palace was burnt down. he palace was rebuilt in 1914.

"... acted as the Oba of Benin during the interregnum, 1897 - 1914 ..."

See below.

Source: https://www.edoworld.net

1 Share

Re: 12 True Facts You Have Never Heard About The Yoruba Nation by Nobody: 12:06am On Jan 04, 2020
[quote author=TAO11 post=85480644][/quote]
So your historical document is a blog ?
What type of fool are you ?
Drawings on a blog ? wtf ??
Re: 12 True Facts You Have Never Heard About The Yoruba Nation by TAO11(f): 12:09am On Jan 04, 2020
Efesogie:

So your historical document is a blog ?
What type of fool are you ?
Drawings on a blog ? wtf ??

Give me a more authoritative indigenous Edo/Benin web source today which says otherwise.

The Bini authors like me so much and they hate you, right?? cheesy cheesy

Source: https://www.edoworld.net/Obas.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 12 True Facts You Have Never Heard About The Yoruba Nation by TAO11(f): 12:10am On Jan 04, 2020
I am waiting Efesogie. lol
Re: 12 True Facts You Have Never Heard About The Yoruba Nation by Nobody: 12:11am On Jan 04, 2020
TAO11:

Give me a more authoritative indigenous Edo/Benin web source today which says otherwise.

The Bini authors like me so much and they hate you, right?? cheesy cheesy

I am wondering where you stopped your education.
Right now you are just doing rubbish.
I should give you a more "authoritative web source" ? wtf ??
You clearly know nothing about what you are talking about.
Just keep quiet and stop pretending like you always do.
Trolling is your thing.
I am not going to get sucked into your trolling. I am only exposing you for the fraud which you are.

All this TAO11 does is troll. There is no substance to what he says. He lies constantly and trolls whomever debunks his lies.
Re: 12 True Facts You Have Never Heard About The Yoruba Nation by TAO11(f): 12:14am On Jan 04, 2020
Efesogie:

I should give you a more authoritative web source ? wtf ??

Okay he has nothing to bring forward, hence he pretends to be a dumbsass ret@rd. cheesy cheesy

Again, the source is the most comprehensive and most authoritative indigenous Bini/Edo source out there on the web.

Provide me with any contrary indigenous Edo/Bini source which disagrees.

I am waiting ... cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 12 True Facts You Have Never Heard About The Yoruba Nation by Nobody: 12:15am On Jan 04, 2020
TAO11:

Okay he has nothing to bring forward, hence he pretends to be a dumbsass ret@rd. cheesy cheesy

Again, the source is the most comprehensive and most authoritative indigenous Bini/Edo source out there on the web.

Provide me with any contrary indigenous Edo/Bini source which disagrees.

I am waiting ... cheesy

Trolling is your thing.
I am not going to get sucked into your trolling. I am only exposing you for the fraud which you are.

All this TAO11 does is troll. There is no substance to what he says. He lies constantly and trolls whomever debunks his lies.
Re: 12 True Facts You Have Never Heard About The Yoruba Nation by macof(m): 12:19am On Jan 04, 2020
Efesogie:

Are you not tired of vomitting all these rubbish which you keep posting ?

It is as if you are trying to brainwash some people.
For your information, there is no such thing as etymology of the word Oba. Indeed there is no precolonial dictionary of our region of the world ! All you are doing is just make belief. Also you are not an Egyptologist ! Stop acting as if you knew anything about Egyptology and Egyptology has nothing to do with Yoruba "history" or rather lack of it.
You just can't be intellectually honest for a second ! And some fools are sheering this troll !??

Interesting.
What gives you the idea that any word (not a modern slang) can exist without an etymology?

1 Like

Re: 12 True Facts You Have Never Heard About The Yoruba Nation by Nobody: 12:22am On Jan 04, 2020
macof:

Interesting.
What gives you the idea that any word (not a modern slang) can exist without an etymology?
For an etymology to exist, you need ancient dictionnaries, we have no such thing in our region of the world.
Our ancestors didn't write. They had other systems.
So it makes no sense to talk about ethymology in our case.
Dictionnaries of our languages are all recent creations.
Re: 12 True Facts You Have Never Heard About The Yoruba Nation by TAO11(f): 12:23am On Jan 04, 2020
Efesogie:

Trolling is your thing.

Yes, I am the troll who uses you to wipe the floor by providing evidence, proof, and reason to rubbish you nonsensical rants.

While you are the genuine guy who who came littering all the pages with false accusations while being unable to substantiate even one of his many empty claims.

Regardless of how slow you think you are, it must be obvious to you now who the troll is.

Now crawl back in reverse mode into your creepy hole from where you originally escaped.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 12 True Facts You Have Never Heard About The Yoruba Nation by TAO11(f): 12:24am On Jan 04, 2020
macof:

Interesting.

I wonder oo. That creature is living in perpetual denial.

Just be aware.

1 Like

Re: 12 True Facts You Have Never Heard About The Yoruba Nation by gregyboy(m): 7:11am On Jan 04, 2020
Efesogie:

All the above is a lie. In 1903 the Oba of Benin was Oba Ovonramwen, he lost a war against Britain six years earlier (1897) and he was in exile in Calabar in a sort of house arrest. His palace, had been burnt down by the British, Benin city (the capital of Benin empire) was in ruins. The British burnt the city down. Why you Yoruba always tell lies to aggrandise yourselves baffles me. Next you should say that all kings of the universe vacated their thrones when they heard a guy with a d.ick on his forehead was summoned to Lagos by his British masters.

That's why i dont quote the lieing machine again ,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 12 True Facts You Have Never Heard About The Yoruba Nation by gregyboy(m): 7:26am On Jan 04, 2020
Efesogie:

When the Oba of Benin who fought a war against britain was in exile, Chief Agho Obaseki, the great grand father of the current governor of Edostate ruled as Iyase (prime minister), not Oba. The british tried to make him Oba but such is an abomination in Benin tradition, therefor the Edo resisted it and were ready for an other war which is why the british gave up the idea. In 1914, after the demise of Oba Ovonramwen, his first son, the crown prince of Benin Kingdom returned and took over the title of his father.

Basically you went on google and typed here what you read in the internet. What you wrote is out of topic and the fact your earlier writeup is a bunch of lies still stands. In 1903 the Oba of Benin was Oba Ovonramwen, he was in exile and his palace was burnt down. The palace was rebuilt in 1914.

For the Yoruba people if you dont belive anything he says please believe the bolded , if you understand benin traditions you wont debate in it ,it was almost thesame occurrence we had between the ife and Benin people

For the recorded toaf ,it is agho obseki and not the other imaginary name you called him up there
Re: 12 True Facts You Have Never Heard About The Yoruba Nation by TAO11(f): 8:29am On Jan 04, 2020
gregyboy:

For the Yoruba people if you dont belive anything he says please believe the bolded , if you understand benin traditions you wont debate in it ,it was almost thesame occurrence we had between the ife and Benin people

For the recorded toaf ,it is agho obseki and not the other imaginary name you called him up there

It is an abomination for the British Government to appoint an (interim) Oba over Benin kingdom, but it's no abomination for the same British Government to exile an already ruling Oba of Benin, right??

Keep deceiving yourselves and each other.

And regarding the name of the interim Oba of Benin appointed by the British Government, Obaseki was the chieftaincy title he held in Benin kingdom prior to his appointment to serve in the capacity of Oba of Benin.

His actual name is Agho Ogbedeoyo. You may like to argue with your own people in the link below:

https://www.edoworld.net/Obas.html

Scroll down to just after Oba Ovonramwen Nogbaisi to read up, from your own indigenous Edo/Benin sources, on the man whose name is Agho Ogbedeoyo, who "acted as the Oba of Benin during the interregnum, 1897-1914".

You all obviously know next to nothing.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 12 True Facts You Have Never Heard About The Yoruba Nation by Olu317(m): 10:17am On Jan 04, 2020
TAO11:

Good and deep analysis.

I especially love the part about "Eshi" (i.e. Previous Year or Previous Time) because I have an Ijebu connection.

The word "Eshi" brought me some nostalgic memories about my grandma and other things. It gave me goosebumps grin.

Many previously widespread ancient Yoruba words which are now generally lost to many people are still preserved in the Ijebu dialect. Thanks to the diverse nature of the Yoruba language. grin

But I must add that the diacritics for the "E" in the Yoruba word "Eshi" is NOT as the "E" in the word "Ebi" (family); but rather as the "E" in the word "Egun" (curse).

In other words, there should be no dot under the letter "E".

Nisai , please come and bear me witness on this. Lol.

In sum, your general diacritics (top diacritics especially) is usually inaccurate. And I do not say this with an iota of pride, or to demean you ---- just for learning sake.

For example:

The (top) diacritics for "SUN" is NOT "re, mi" ---- that is, "ORÚN" (no apparent meaning from the Yoruba lexicon) ---- as you've indicated here.

Rather, it is "do, do" ---- that is, "ÒRÙN".

Also, the (top) diacritic for "SKY" is also NOT "re, mi" ---- that is, "ỌRÚN" (meaning: "Five Days Time" ) ---- as you've indicated here.

Rather, it is "do, re" ---- that is, "Ọ̀RUN"

Similarly, the (top) diacritic for "HEAT" is NOT "re, do" --- that is, "ORÙ (the name of a town in Yorubaland) ---- as you've indicated here.

Rather, it is "re, re" ---- that is, "ORU" ---- with no apparent diacritics at all.

Lastly, the diacritic for "ESHI" is "do, mi" ---- that is, "ÈSHÍ".

And with a more standardized spelling becomes: "ÈṢÍ".

Cheers!
I understand your point on diacritics though, there are diversity in Yoruba land . And I am sure, diacritics are the most difficult to insert on Yoruba lexicons because so many homonyms in Yoruba language. Despite, this, I am sure you know accents differs from one enclave to others in Yoruba land.Albeit, I will post some screenshot from a dictionary, that has some of the analysis above.

Let me use this opportunity to post another false cognate between Ibo and Yoruba

Ibo:Ututu
Meaning: morning

Yoruba: Otutu(ututu)
Meaning:cold chilled, chilly, freezing, icy, cool

1 Like

Re: 12 True Facts You Have Never Heard About The Yoruba Nation by Olu317(m): 10:24am On Jan 04, 2020
nlPoster:

Early morning is Aaro, not aro.

Aro is mental illness and is not a Yoruba word.

Seriously, these are basic Yoruba semantics, why is it you discuss Yoruba language on many threads but seem to be unaware of some simplest things? Just wondering, could you give a clue?
This is Yoruba dictionary's screenshot,which has information on the point you claimed as correct, whereas, you are wrong.

Enjoy it!

1 Like

Re: 12 True Facts You Have Never Heard About The Yoruba Nation by Nobody: 10:31am On Jan 04, 2020
gregyboy:

I know, the name is chief Agho Obaseki, I implicitly corrected the troll, but I allowed him to keep repeating his mistake to further show his foolishness.
Re: 12 True Facts You Have Never Heard About The Yoruba Nation by Nobody: 10:35am On Jan 04, 2020
TAO11:

It is an abomination for the British Government to appoint an (interim) Oba over Benin kingdom, but it's no abomination for the same British Government to exile an already ruling Oba of Benin, right??

And regarding the name of the interim Oba of Benin appointed by the British Government, Obaseki was the chieftaincy title he held in Benin kingdom prior to his appointment to serve in the capacity of Oba of Benin.

His actual name is Agho Ogbedeoyo. You may like to argue with your own people in the link below:

Scroll down to just after Oba Ovonramwen Nogbaisi to read up, from your own indigenous Edo/Benin sources, on the man whose name is Agho Ogbedeoyo, who "acted as the Oba of Benin during the interregnum, 1897-1914".

What type of fool debates extremely well known facts?
This is not even history. All these are contemporary events. Even governor Obaseki will never have the audacity to claim his grand father, my mom's grand father was ever Oba. He was Iyase.
It is the Oba of Benin (Oba Ovonramwen) who made the title Obaseki for him and which he and his descendents started to use as family name.
Anybody with a minimum of knowledge about Benin Kingdom knows all these.
You know what, keep repeating your folly, like this everybody can see you are a fraud.
By the way, my grand father's name is Efesogie Nofua, one of the sons of Chief Agho Obaseki. Late Efesogie Nofua Obaseki was my mother's father.
You are here debating people about their own families acting as if you know us better than we know ourselves.
What a fool, you might as well start debating the color of the sky, or go to the nearest person and debate his name with him.

You are such a fool, even common english you can't understand.
"Interregnum", I have already told what it means.

1 Like

Re: 12 True Facts You Have Never Heard About The Yoruba Nation by Nobody: 11:24am On Jan 04, 2020
gregyboy:

That's why i dont quote the lieing machine again ,
I know, the guy is a troll, he writes a lot of nonesense and trolls whomever debunks him.
He makes people waste their time.
He seems jobless, all he does allday is troll on nairaland.
Re: 12 True Facts You Have Never Heard About The Yoruba Nation by gregyboy(m): 11:28am On Jan 04, 2020
TAO11:

Lol...you're full of shit and lies

Am going to make it simple by sharing the screenshot of that same edonet you qouted you should have read the article to the end to get what the writer was saying
Obaseki was never crowned oba in benin
It was simply a mistake by the wriite crom the beginning of the article,
Like they say never judge a book from the start"

Re: 12 True Facts You Have Never Heard About The Yoruba Nation by gregyboy(m): 3:09pm On Jan 04, 2020
The benin war between the britsh ended not because the britsh had won the city or the benin surrendered

Aftet the captured of the oba ,the war then escalated and the people were ready to free their oba by all means , the captured oba knowing fully well it will spill more casualties for benin told his young son to abducate any further war in other save benin, before the benin surrendered

The war was still pending until benin people were finding the suspicious activities between obaseki and the britsh
When the British brought the idea to the Benin people , it ignited the pending war the britsh saw it coming and quickly made peace and made obaseki a close rank to the oba and not the oba
Re: 12 True Facts You Have Never Heard About The Yoruba Nation by TAO11(f): 3:31pm On Jan 04, 2020
gregyboy:

Lol...you're full of shit and lies

Am going to make it simple by sharing the screenshot of that same edonet you qouted you should have read the article to the end to get what the writer was saying
Obaseki was never crowned oba in benin
It was simply a mistake by the wriite crom the beginning of the article,
Like they say never judge a book from the start"

You are the same fool yesterday, today, and forever.

Please point out where I had claimed that he wore a crown?

Please point out where I had claimed that your edonet said he wore a crown?

You're obviously responding to a strawman and not to my argument.

As I have repeatedly written, the article clearly says he "acted as the Oba of Benin during the interregnum, 1897-1914".

How clearer must I and your edonet article be before you realize that crown has absolutely nothing to do with my argument??

For the umpteenth time Agho Ogbedeoyo was installed (by the British Governmnet) to act in the capacity of Oba of Benin just immediately after Ovanramwen's expulsion.

And this lone fact destroys the sentiment you were trying to push (with your second moniker) that Benin kingdom had no palace and no ruler around the year 1903.

No, Benin Kingdom did have a palace around the year 1903, from where Agho Ogbedeoye ruled, and from where Eweka 2 also later ruled prior to his rebuilding of the ruins of the razed palace.

You've obviously been blinded by your prejudice which obviously resulted frim the hell that you've been made to go through at my hands in the past.

May you be alright and be able to forget the past!

Find attached below from your own indigenous source:

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Learning Yoruba (phonology) / Should We Continue Paying Bride Price? / Mixed Tribes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.