Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:25 AM

What Has Your Faith Got You That You Couldn't Have Gotten Through Secular Means? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Has Your Faith Got You That You Couldn't Have Gotten Through Secular Means? (1773 Views)

Mike Bamiloye Has This For Nigerian Artistes Who Left Church For Secular Music / Adam And Eve Couldn't Have Sinned If They Had No Knowledge Of Good And Evil. / Is It Right To Play Secular Songs During Christian Weddings? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Has Your Faith Got You That You Couldn't Have Gotten Through Secular Means? by LordReed(m): 12:01pm On Dec 29, 2019
Are you able to obtain things non believers can't?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Has Your Faith Got You That You Couldn't Have Gotten Through Secular Means? by ABCthings: 12:03pm On Dec 29, 2019
Secured Eternal life.
True Joy and Peace.
A Purposeful life. smiley

2 Likes

Re: What Has Your Faith Got You That You Couldn't Have Gotten Through Secular Means? by fykes(m): 12:30pm On Dec 29, 2019
The difference between faith and work is d difference between tangible and intangible resources.

Wealth like peace, joy, like hearing from God will never be known to a carnal mind no matter how much material accumulation.

Virtues like patience, like strength of character, like faithfulness are borne out of fire. Not comfort which d fleshly desires and seeks.

The real resources of life are intangible. because d material world is controlled by d immaterial world.
It may take time to materialize, u may feel left behind, but what is faith without patience?
Wait for it dear Saint... It will surely speak and not lie

2 Likes

Re: What Has Your Faith Got You That You Couldn't Have Gotten Through Secular Means? by CAPSLOCKED: 12:34pm On Dec 29, 2019
1, 2, 3, 4, LIES.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Has Your Faith Got You That You Couldn't Have Gotten Through Secular Means? by hakeem4(m): 1:07pm On Dec 29, 2019
The only thing faith has gotten some people is to behave irrationally period!!!!!!

5 Likes

Re: What Has Your Faith Got You That You Couldn't Have Gotten Through Secular Means? by dawnomike(m): 1:10pm On Dec 29, 2019
Mine got me healed of kidney problem...

1 Like

Re: What Has Your Faith Got You That You Couldn't Have Gotten Through Secular Means? by LordReed(m): 1:33pm On Dec 29, 2019
dawnomike:
Mine got me healed of kidney problem...

People get healed of kidney problem via secular means.
Re: What Has Your Faith Got You That You Couldn't Have Gotten Through Secular Means? by mumumugu(m): 1:50pm On Dec 29, 2019
ABCthings:
Secured Eternal life. True Joy and Peace. A Purposeful life. smiley
until you die, you are not even sure of a secured after life
Re: What Has Your Faith Got You That You Couldn't Have Gotten Through Secular Means? by ABCthings: 3:01pm On Dec 29, 2019
mumumugu:

until you die, you are not even sure of a secured after life
I may not be 100% sure but I'm 97% and that a good number to me. Some are 101% sure there is nothing you can do to convince them otherwise
Re: What Has Your Faith Got You That You Couldn't Have Gotten Through Secular Means? by ABCthings: 3:04pm On Dec 29, 2019
LordReed:

People get healed of kidney problem via secular means.
when secular means fails God becomes your only option.
Re: What Has Your Faith Got You That You Couldn't Have Gotten Through Secular Means? by MJBOLT: 3:18pm On Dec 29, 2019
if god really healed the sick then the world would not need hospitals,doctors and drugs.

[s]
ABCthings:
[/s]

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Has Your Faith Got You That You Couldn't Have Gotten Through Secular Means? by budaatum: 3:50pm On Dec 29, 2019
LordReed:
Are you able to obtain things non believers can't?
Somehow, perhaps.

If I put crop in the soil at the right moment and tend my farm accordingly my crop will grow and I will not starve. It isn't a thing I believe because I have tested it season after season and now know for certain hence my faith that it shall continue to be so.

I would like to think that a person who has no belief they would harvest, and faith in their abilities and in favourable weather, might not sow to begin with. Belief, however, is not a prerequisite, as one might just be testing if sowing produces a harvest so that one might know for certain instead of just believing with no supporting evidence.

Its like my faith in mountain moving, I guess. I can move Kilimanjaro by my faith in my ability to dig it up and carry it on my back and move it elsewhere if I wish to (if I had such abilities to have faith in, of course). Thankfully, I like Kilimanjaro exactly where it currently is or I'd be digging for a long long while, while a non-believer would not bother wasting time digging at all.

Essentially, if one does not believe sowing will produce a harvest, one might not sow, and will most definitely not harvest what I sowed by my faith and the work I put in to make my crop grow. I can assure you that if I just throw my seeds on the soil and do no work, my crop would most likely be choked by weeds.

As for dying and living after, I'm yet to test that yet, but everyone who has died that I know of is rotting in a box six feet below ground or has been cremated and is ashes in an urn on a mantle.

Do note that my dinner would appear today because I have faith it would. Though, saying that, my dinner today is at 805, and it will come from a call I received. Might post photos to prove picking up the phone was work.
Re: What Has Your Faith Got You That You Couldn't Have Gotten Through Secular Means? by Daejoyoung: 4:10pm On Dec 29, 2019
My faith has made me whole.

lf l have faith and say to this mountain be thou removed and cast into the sea, it shall be done.

lf l Seek l shall find.

God calleth things that are not as though they were.

By faith we seek for a new kingdom.
Re: What Has Your Faith Got You That You Couldn't Have Gotten Through Secular Means? by Daejoyoung: 4:12pm On Dec 29, 2019
MJBOLT:
if god really healed the sick then the world would not need hospitals,doctors and drugs.

[s][/s]
Then why was luke a physician?
Re: What Has Your Faith Got You That You Couldn't Have Gotten Through Secular Means? by LordReed(m): 4:32pm On Dec 29, 2019
ABCthings:

I'll take my chances.
Re: What Has Your Faith Got You That You Couldn't Have Gotten Through Secular Means? by CaveAdullam: 4:55pm On Dec 29, 2019
X
Re: What Has Your Faith Got You That You Couldn't Have Gotten Through Secular Means? by ABCthings: 4:58pm On Dec 29, 2019
MJBOLT:

[s][/s]
Just like saying if God really wanted plants to grow there would be no need for rain.
Re: What Has Your Faith Got You That You Couldn't Have Gotten Through Secular Means? by ABCthings: 5:00pm On Dec 29, 2019
LordReed:

I'll take my chances.
Even when it's unwise to do so?
Re: What Has Your Faith Got You That You Couldn't Have Gotten Through Secular Means? by LordReed(m): 5:27pm On Dec 29, 2019
ABCthings:
Even when it's unwise to do so?

It is not unwise to not believe in the efficacy of a method that cannot be tested, verified or proven to work with any kind of regularity.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Has Your Faith Got You That You Couldn't Have Gotten Through Secular Means? by LordReed(m): 5:28pm On Dec 29, 2019
ABCthings:
Just like saying if God really wanted plants to grow there would be no need for rain.

According to the tale, did the god need rain to create plants in Genesis?
Re: What Has Your Faith Got You That You Couldn't Have Gotten Through Secular Means? by budaatum: 9:13pm On Dec 29, 2019
LordReed:

It is not unwise to not believe in the efficacy of a method that cannot be tested, verified or proven to work with any kind of regularity.
There. Dinner. By my faith and my work, I am indeed full.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Has Your Faith Got You That You Couldn't Have Gotten Through Secular Means? by Nobody: 9:14pm On Dec 29, 2019
budaatum:

wow...you are a chef?
Re: What Has Your Faith Got You That You Couldn't Have Gotten Through Secular Means? by budaatum: 9:15pm On Dec 29, 2019
Michellekabod2:
wow...you are a chef?
No o. I went to a restaurant.
Re: What Has Your Faith Got You That You Couldn't Have Gotten Through Secular Means? by ABCthings: 10:08pm On Dec 29, 2019
LordReed:

There are lots of testimonies all around. You think they were all made up?
Re: What Has Your Faith Got You That You Couldn't Have Gotten Through Secular Means? by LordReed(m): 10:10pm On Dec 29, 2019
budaatum:

I am full just looking at the pictures. LoL

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Has Your Faith Got You That You Couldn't Have Gotten Through Secular Means? by LordReed(m): 10:11pm On Dec 29, 2019
ABCthings:

How do you separate the real from the fake?
Re: What Has Your Faith Got You That You Couldn't Have Gotten Through Secular Means? by ABCthings: 10:13pm On Dec 29, 2019
LordReed:

According to the tale, did the god need rain to create plants in Genesis?
No. Let say you were part of the guests in an occasions. And foods where placed before you.
Would you ask God to come down and spoon feed you or you will prayer over the food and eat.
Re: What Has Your Faith Got You That You Couldn't Have Gotten Through Secular Means? by budaatum: 10:14pm On Dec 29, 2019
ABCthings:
If a testimony has no backing evidence it would be unwise to believe it.

I know a man who testified three times he was healed of Hiv/Aids at the Synagogue. He gave away three properties in gratitude only to die of the Hiv/Aids he was healed off leaving his family homeless.
Re: What Has Your Faith Got You That You Couldn't Have Gotten Through Secular Means? by ABCthings: 10:17pm On Dec 29, 2019
LordReed:

How do you separate the real from the fake?
At best you can investigate the matter. And study the the thread that runs through all the testimonies. I believe the testimonies of people I find trustworthy. And I myself I've seen prayers being answered.
Re: What Has Your Faith Got You That You Couldn't Have Gotten Through Secular Means? by budaatum: 10:17pm On Dec 29, 2019
LordReed:

I am full just looking at the pictures. LoL
The evidence of the healing of my hunger.
Thankfully, I have small space left for a Trophy.

Re: What Has Your Faith Got You That You Couldn't Have Gotten Through Secular Means? by LordReed(m): 10:21pm On Dec 29, 2019
ABCthings:
No. Let say you were part of the guests in an occasions. And foods where placed before you.
Would you ask God to come down and spoon feed you or you will prayer over the food and eat.

If rain was not used in creating trees, why is it unreasonable to say your god should make plants grow without rain? He can do it can't he?

Your food analogy does not follow. I have never heard of your god spoon feeding anybody so it will be unreasonable to ask. However you god rained manna from heaven, if I ask for same then I will not be unreasonable.
Re: What Has Your Faith Got You That You Couldn't Have Gotten Through Secular Means? by ABCthings: 10:21pm On Dec 29, 2019
budaatum:

If a testimony has no backing evidence it would be unwise to believe it.

I know a man who testified three times he was healed of Hiv/Aids at the Synagogue. He gave away three properties in gratitude only to die of the Hiv/Aids he was healed off leaving his family homeless.
I've seen prayers being answered and the only evidence I have are the witnesses. Even though the evidence is non tangible the testimonies are still true.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

10 Nigerian Pastors/prophets Who Gave False Prophecies That Never Happened In 20 / A Taste Of Heaven / Read And Pray: Free Daily Devotional From Arise And Shine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.