Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,495 members, 7,808,832 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:39 PM

Olubunmi Diya Hires Lawyer As Husband, Gabriel Diya, And Children Drown In Spain - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Olubunmi Diya Hires Lawyer As Husband, Gabriel Diya, And Children Drown In Spain (41943 Views)

8 Prophets Drown In Zimbabwe While Competing To Retrieve "Holy Stick"(video) / Olubunmi Diya Insists Pastor Gabriel Diya & 2 Children Who Drowned Could Swim / RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olubunmi Diya Hires Lawyer As Husband, Gabriel Diya, And Children Drown In Spain by Timileyin1234(m): 8:54am On Dec 30, 2019
Mayflowa:

It's not funny! If God willeth, they would be back to life.
I’m waiting. Since her family are the only people that have ever died
Re: Olubunmi Diya Hires Lawyer As Husband, Gabriel Diya, And Children Drown In Spain by CrazeMan69(m): 8:54am On Dec 30, 2019
Timileyin1234:
A witness who helped perform CPR on pastor father-of-three Mr Diya told on Wednesday how his wife prayed and touched her loved ones' bodies to try to will them back to life.
She was trying to do miracle cheesy
Okay

Testimony 4 full ground if say im work o undecided
Re: Olubunmi Diya Hires Lawyer As Husband, Gabriel Diya, And Children Drown In Spain by Timileyin1234(m): 8:57am On Dec 30, 2019
CrazeMan69:

Testimony 4 full ground if say im work o undecided
This people dey yahoo us in the name of God
Re: Olubunmi Diya Hires Lawyer As Husband, Gabriel Diya, And Children Drown In Spain by Ajibade123(m): 9:04am On Dec 30, 2019
good of her there is something behind it for sure how can a full grown man drown in a pool like that

see 20 incredible way to achieve customer satisfaction
https://explicitsuccess.com/how-to-achieve-customer-satisfaction/
Re: Olubunmi Diya Hires Lawyer As Husband, Gabriel Diya, And Children Drown In Spain by chrisxxx(m): 9:43am On Dec 30, 2019
GloShare:

Pools are like toilets. Because of the way people get half naked, CCTVs are sometimes not installed at such places.
Only in private pool is it not required. In public pools CCTV is a safety requirement. It is a tool used for security as well as accident investigation.
Re: Olubunmi Diya Hires Lawyer As Husband, Gabriel Diya, And Children Drown In Spain by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:43am On Dec 30, 2019
Rip to the dead. I pray they get to the bottom of this so it does not repeat itself.

People should learn basic life skills . You don't need to know how to swim in a 7ft pool, just jump repeatedly when you get to the bottom and take a breath and exhale the next cycle when coming up again. Repeat till you get to a favourable depth .

When rushing to rescue Somone, be sure you know how to swim, if not wait a little when the person is a bit weak before you go pull them out if not they will hold on to you so tight and drown you.

Sadly when family is involved we don't think before we act.

Rip again.

4 Likes

Re: Olubunmi Diya Hires Lawyer As Husband, Gabriel Diya, And Children Drown In Spain by Goshen360(m): 11:14am On Dec 30, 2019
Why is anyone not asking some common sense questions. That is, why 3 of them drown at same time and place? Do kids and adult swim in the level of the pool?
Re: Olubunmi Diya Hires Lawyer As Husband, Gabriel Diya, And Children Drown In Spain by Zodiac61(m): 11:17am On Dec 30, 2019
Whatever happened to the 'will of God'?
Does it not apply because it was a pastor?
Re: Olubunmi Diya Hires Lawyer As Husband, Gabriel Diya, And Children Drown In Spain by Sijo01(f): 11:41am On Dec 30, 2019
Goshen360:
Why is anyone not asking some common sense questions. That is, why 3 of them drown at same time and place? Do kids and adult swim in the level of the pool?

I read somewhere that Dad and son went in to rescue the girl who was drowning. Then the unfortunate happened.
Re: Olubunmi Diya Hires Lawyer As Husband, Gabriel Diya, And Children Drown In Spain by GiftedLady0: 12:01pm On Dec 30, 2019
May the Lord strengthen her
He no easy
What a loss
Re: Olubunmi Diya Hires Lawyer As Husband, Gabriel Diya, And Children Drown In Spain by Nobody: 12:09pm On Dec 30, 2019
Retribution.
Re: Olubunmi Diya Hires Lawyer As Husband, Gabriel Diya, And Children Drown In Spain by Goshen360(m): 12:29pm On Dec 30, 2019
Sijo01:

I read somewhere that Dad and son went in to rescue the girl who was drowning. Then the unfortunate happened.

Oh wow.....because I was wondering why will all 3 of them just go like that in the same pool....Lord have mercy.
Re: Olubunmi Diya Hires Lawyer As Husband, Gabriel Diya, And Children Drown In Spain by linearity: 1:14pm On Dec 30, 2019
esterella:

Without a CCTV footage of the incident, all most of us can do is speculate. Check out the story below where a 6 year-old girl almost drowned at a similar or same Spanish resort (the pool picture looks so similar to the one in question) in August of this year (4 months ago). While the specific scenario might be different, its interesting to note that the resort also disputed with the girl's father on the facts of the story in that instance.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9746415/girl-sucked-swimming-pool-pump-spain/

IN TOO DEEP Screaming girl, 6, ‘sucked into swimming pool pump and left trapped for three hours in agony’ on Costa del Sol holiday
EXCLUSIVE

Brittany VonowTim McNulty
[i]18 Aug 2019, 14:37Updated: 19 Aug 2019, 14:06
[/b]
A SIX-YEAR-OLD girl was sucked into a swimming pool pump and left trapped for three hours in agony while on holiday in Costa del Sol, her family claim.

Terrified Zara Clarkson desperately had to keep her head above water for hours as firefighters armed with jackhammers smashed through the pool's concrete wall to free her.

Zara had her arm badly damaged in the pool side incident at Costa del Sol
Zara Clarkson's arm was sucked into the pool while she swam while on a family holiday

The little girl's arm has since swollen three times its normal size - with doctors fearing she could have suffered blood poisoning from the suction.

Dad Zack, 46, of Manchester, said: "Zara was panicking and screamed out ‘daddy the pool is sucking me and it won’t stop'.[b]

"Something with that kind of suction would have easily pulled a smaller child under the water and they would have been killed."

Zack said his instinct had been to drag his daughter’s arm out but he stopped knowing this risked causing even greater damage.

Instead, he stayed "cheek to cheek" with Zara keeping her calm as emergency services attempted to saw open the pool’s drainage system.

Zara was panicking and screamed out ‘daddy the pool is sucking me and it won’t stop'

Dad Zack Clarkson
He said: "She is a brave little kid but of course, but it has had an effect on her, she is really upset and has told us she never wants to go swimming again."

The dad and daughter were enjoying their first family holiday at the luxury villa in Estepona with Zara’s twin sister Lucy and their mum Claire, 42, having only brought the property in the Villas de Santa Maria at Christmas.

But the trip was ruined as little Zara became stuck on Friday, with dramatic images showing the poolside patio torn up circular saws and drills used by emergency services.

Zack added: "I am a tough lad but my first thought was to go to the corner of the pool and have a quiet sob.

Zara’s mum Claire added: "It was unbearable, I felt helpless and just wanted her out."

Doctors now fear that the force of the suction may have forced toxins to be released into Zara’s bloodstream.

It had been claimed in respected local newspaper Diario Sur that the pump switch was turned off at the time of the incident but Zack denied it.
[/i]
The Sun has contacted the villa for comment.

Mum Claire said she felt helpless as she watched her little girl get sucked into the pool filter
Zara's arm was left badly damaged
Emergency crews used drill hammers to get the little girl
It took emergency services hours to get the little girl out
Zara was tested by docs who feared she could have suffered kidney damage

The scenario you stated above, I also looked it up and read it is possible because, that little girl swim to the side of the pool and place her hand close or over the intake valve.

As you can see from the pictures in the link, intake suction was at the side of the pool close to the surface, which contradict the case here; where the Pastor's wife stated that they were pulled to the center of the pool.

If one is playing close to the edge of the pool or places their hand or leg on the intake, they are going to experience a pull, but since it is close to the edge, one can easily grab the edge of the pool and rescuers that came to help will have the edge of the pool to hold on to for support, while they attempt to assist you...in this case, it appear the father and sibling enter inside the pool and swim towards the center in an attempt to try to rescuer the girl.

I have an 8th deep pool and carry out the maintenance all by myself all season long; Agree a CCTV is a good source of evidence, but it is easy to to determine if a particular scenario is plausible or not without one.

The only other plausible scenario is, depending on how the drain at the bottom of the pool is connected to the pump i.e. if the drain valves at the pump were shut such that, the water from the drain is not getting out of the pool, but circulating back into the pool....If that, is the case if you go down to the bottom and make contact with the drain, you will experience a suction....but this cannot happen to three people at the same time because of our surface area, and it is not black hole that sucks every weight toward it.
Re: Olubunmi Diya Hires Lawyer As Husband, Gabriel Diya, And Children Drown In Spain by Amanda4life: 3:11pm On Dec 30, 2019
Rapmoney:
The conclusion that the pool was safe by the hotel management was very quick. I mean, how could it be that quick that the pool was okay?

The hotel should have CCTV; the video should be examined to know if the girl fell into the pool or otherwise.

Anyway, once again, Barrister Onabrakpeya is offering his services for free.

Hungary pastor
Re: Olubunmi Diya Hires Lawyer As Husband, Gabriel Diya, And Children Drown In Spain by Amanda4life: 3:13pm On Dec 30, 2019
Thats why I don't like UK, its like Nigeria.

But if its USA, they don't do cover up at all
Re: Olubunmi Diya Hires Lawyer As Husband, Gabriel Diya, And Children Drown In Spain by Nobody: 3:19pm On Dec 30, 2019
YelloweWest:

U think Spain is Nigeria? 3 health young people died in the same pool and u think everything was normal?

Swimming in a 3ft deep pool (where you can stand upright with your head above water so you can breathe) is different from swimming in a 61/2ft deep pool (where you can't do that because you will take in water and drown). The unfortunate death is as a result of ignorance and negligence on the part of the parents who shouldn't have let their kids get to the section of the pool meant for experienced adult swimmers in the first place. In case you don't know, these resorts don't have lifeguards stationed 24 hours, so they place signs warning guests who still want to swim after the lifeguards are gone that they will be doing so in their own risk.
Re: Olubunmi Diya Hires Lawyer As Husband, Gabriel Diya, And Children Drown In Spain by mailemy(m): 3:22pm On Dec 30, 2019
Not only a CCTV but divers and a lifeguard.
Most hotels and resorts have divers should incase of unforseen circumstances like this.
chrisxxx:
The only fault I pick in all this imbroglio is the absence of CCTV in that pool. Spain is an advanced country where things were supposed to be exemplary. Apart from CCTV there should have been standby lifesavers in the vicinity of the pool.
They owe all pool users duty of care. This is sheer negligence and they will go down for this.
The pumping system truly may have no problem as its main purpose is for circulatory reason.
Re: Olubunmi Diya Hires Lawyer As Husband, Gabriel Diya, And Children Drown In Spain by showafrica(m): 5:11pm On Dec 30, 2019
sigiyaya:
Why get a lawyer Why not leave it for God lipsrsealed

Lol, this is funny.. But truth is.. To practice what we preach is always difficult. Its always easier said than done
Re: Olubunmi Diya Hires Lawyer As Husband, Gabriel Diya, And Children Drown In Spain by showafrica(m): 5:16pm On Dec 30, 2019
iswallker:
Club la costa world.. Inside life..

Some religious people will be acting like its a sin to club at club la costa..

1 Like

Re: Olubunmi Diya Hires Lawyer As Husband, Gabriel Diya, And Children Drown In Spain by chrisxxx(m): 5:42pm On Dec 30, 2019
mailemy:
Not only a CCTV but divers and a lifeguard.
Most hotels and resorts have divers should incase of unforseen circumstances like this.
You are correct. Though to save cost most lifesavers are trained divers.

1 Like

Re: Olubunmi Diya Hires Lawyer As Husband, Gabriel Diya, And Children Drown In Spain by Mayflowa(m): 8:06pm On Dec 30, 2019
uuzba:

God doesn't willeth. Their life is over.
So prepare for your own death as I prepare for mine too..

Of course God didn't will them back to life but it is not impossible. She was praying as the CPR was done. It is the smallest thing for God to charge their whole body at that stage. I only reacted because you seem to mock her for praying. God has saved me in a near death situation.
Re: Olubunmi Diya Hires Lawyer As Husband, Gabriel Diya, And Children Drown In Spain by cherriex(f): 9:33pm On Dec 30, 2019
Wiseandtrue:
A step in the right direction!

The story surrounding their death is very strange

What's even annoying is the lacadaisical attitude of the management of the club/hotel

It's like they don't value life

Have you forgotten....they're blacks,am sure if it's the other way round,proper investigations will thoroughly be done,something is sure wrong somewhere.
Re: Olubunmi Diya Hires Lawyer As Husband, Gabriel Diya, And Children Drown In Spain by MsSantaClaus(f): 11:14pm On Dec 30, 2019
Xda59:

Swimming in a 3ft deep pool (where you can stand upright with your head above water so you can breathe) is different from swimming in a 61/2ft deep pool (where you can't do that because you will take in water and drown). The unfortunate death is as a result of ignorance and negligence on the part of the parents who shouldn't have let their kids get to the section of the pool meant for experienced adult swimmers in the first place. In case you don't know, these resorts don't have lifeguards stationed 24 hours, so they place signs warning guests who still want to swim after the lifeguards are gone that they will be doing so in their own risk.

This is such a tragic situation and my heart goes out to the mother and family. But the truth of the matter is that so many people think that swimming is easy and just about getting in the water and paddling around. It is not, if you don't know how to swim well, stay in the shallow end by the side of the pool where you can grab onto the edge or rails.
Many people 'Think' they can swim, but water is not a thing to joke with.
An example of how casual people are towards swimming can be seen during the Gulder Ultimate Search 'try out'.

To my shock and horror many people when asked if they could swim said 'yes' if not for the lifeguards quite a few would have drowned (watch the clip here -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLw2BZO2OLw

The situation at the Resort is strange to say the least, but a few things point to the fact that none of the 3 could swim 'very well' or had experience or training in saving a drowning person.
It is not as simple as just jumping in the pool and pulling the person out, a person panicking during drowning is a risk to the rescuers especially when they are not strong swimmers themselves and or trained in rescue.
Having said that, please go and learn some basic swimming skills as you never know when you will need it,
do not approach a body of water casually, drowning can happen so fast.

R.I.P to the deceased.

A longer clip from GUS where contestants deceive themselves they can swim-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwVrY1Oaz30,
Re: Olubunmi Diya Hires Lawyer As Husband, Gabriel Diya, And Children Drown In Spain by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:21am On Dec 31, 2019
linearity:

The scenario you stated above, I also looked it up and read it is possible because, that little girl swim to the side of the pool and place her hand close or over the intake valve.

As you can see from the pictures in the link, intake suction was at the side of the pool close to the surface, which contradict the case here; where the Pastor's wife stated that they were pulled to the center of the pool.

If one is playing close to the edge of the pool or places their hand or leg on the intake, they are going to experience a pull, but since it is close to the edge, one can easily grab the edge of the pool and rescuers that came to help will have the edge of the pool to hold on to for support, while they attempt to assist you...in this case, it appear the father and sibling enter inside the pool and swim towards the center in an attempt to try to rescuer the girl.

I have an 8th deep pool and carry out the maintenance all by myself all season long; Agree a CCTV is a good source of evidence, but it is easy to to determine if a particular scenario is plausible or not without one.

The only other plausible scenario is, depending on how the drain at the bottom of the pool is connected to the pump i.e. if the drain valves at the pump were shut such that, the water from the drain is not getting out of the pool, but circulating back into the pool....If that, is the case if you go down to the bottom and make contact with the drain, you will experience a suction....but this cannot happen to three people at the same time because of our surface area, and it is not black hole that sucks every weight toward it.

Fantastic analysis, another angle is pops was in distress and son was trying to save both of them and got pulled in. A drowning man is a very disoriented.

1 Like

Re: Olubunmi Diya Hires Lawyer As Husband, Gabriel Diya, And Children Drown In Spain by linearity: 9:53am On Dec 31, 2019
esterella:

Without a CCTV footage of the incident, all most of us can do is speculate. Check out the story below where a 6 year-old girl almost drowned at a similar or same Spanish resort (the pool picture looks so similar to the one in question) in August of this year (4 months ago). While the specific scenario might be different, its interesting to note that the resort also disputed with the girl's father on the facts of the story in that instance.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9746415/girl-sucked-swimming-pool-pump-spain/

IN TOO DEEP Screaming girl, 6, ‘sucked into swimming pool pump and left trapped for three hours in agony’ on Costa del Sol holiday
EXCLUSIVE

Brittany VonowTim McNulty
[i]18 Aug 2019, 14:37Updated: 19 Aug 2019, 14:06
[/b]
A SIX-YEAR-OLD girl was sucked into a swimming pool pump and left trapped for three hours in agony while on holiday in Costa del Sol, her family claim.

Terrified Zara Clarkson desperately had to keep her head above water for hours as firefighters armed with jackhammers smashed through the pool's concrete wall to free her.

Zara had her arm badly damaged in the pool side incident at Costa del Sol
Zara Clarkson's arm was sucked into the pool while she swam while on a family holiday

The little girl's arm has since swollen three times its normal size - with doctors fearing she could have suffered blood poisoning from the suction.

Dad Zack, 46, of Manchester, said: "Zara was panicking and screamed out ‘daddy the pool is sucking me and it won’t stop'.[b]

"Something with that kind of suction would have easily pulled a smaller child under the water and they would have been killed."

Zack said his instinct had been to drag his daughter’s arm out but he stopped knowing this risked causing even greater damage.

Instead, he stayed "cheek to cheek" with Zara keeping her calm as emergency services attempted to saw open the pool’s drainage system.

Zara was panicking and screamed out ‘daddy the pool is sucking me and it won’t stop'

Dad Zack Clarkson
He said: "She is a brave little kid but of course, but it has had an effect on her, she is really upset and has told us she never wants to go swimming again."

The dad and daughter were enjoying their first family holiday at the luxury villa in Estepona with Zara’s twin sister Lucy and their mum Claire, 42, having only brought the property in the Villas de Santa Maria at Christmas.

But the trip was ruined as little Zara became stuck on Friday, with dramatic images showing the poolside patio torn up circular saws and drills used by emergency services.

Zack added: "I am a tough lad but my first thought was to go to the corner of the pool and have a quiet sob.

Zara’s mum Claire added: "It was unbearable, I felt helpless and just wanted her out."

Doctors now fear that the force of the suction may have forced toxins to be released into Zara’s bloodstream.

It had been claimed in respected local newspaper Diario Sur that the pump switch was turned off at the time of the incident but Zack denied it.
[/i]
The Sun has contacted the villa for comment.

Mum Claire said she felt helpless as she watched her little girl get sucked into the pool filter
Zara's arm was left badly damaged
Emergency crews used drill hammers to get the little girl
It took emergency services hours to get the little girl out
Zara was tested by docs who feared she could have suffered kidney damage

This scenario is totally different.

As you can see from the pictures, the pump intake was to the side of the pool; she must have placed her hands over the inlet to experience the strong pull of her hand, thereby making it to get stuck.

Pool intakes are 1.5 to 2 inches thick in diameter and does not have enough force to pull a human weight towards itself, but if you place your hands or any of your body parts over them, you will experience a pulling effect of the suction force over that part of your body. If it were true that these pumps can pull a human towards them, no one would be able to swim in pools, since all pools have pump and these pump are on most of the time the pool is open to help with water circulation. Moreso, pool pumps manufacturers would have all gone out of business as they would not be able to withstand the lawsuits that will follow.

I don’t know, if you have rescued someone before or watch a drowning individual being rescued before; you need more than the abilities to swim to perfectly do that. Drowning is not a good position to be in, fears & panic sets in and you try grabbing anything & everything around including the rescuers and dragging them down with you.

Rescuing a drowning victim is a very dangerous job even for trained professionals and you don’t enter straight into the water and swim empty handed towards the victim to attempt rescue, you are putting yourself in grave dangers of not coming out alive. Even lifeguards don’t do that, they enter the water with a buoyant device or a line tied to the edge or a floatation device, or while wearing a life vest, etc...they need something that can float or an aid, some even stand on the edge and throw you a lifeline or a floatation device, despite their years of acquired swimming skills & trainings, they don’t just enter the water go at it towards the victim.

1 Like

Re: Olubunmi Diya Hires Lawyer As Husband, Gabriel Diya, And Children Drown In Spain by MrCork: 10:27pm On Jan 10, 2020
EllaSparkles:
Even if there was nothing wrong with the pool, the resort should be sued for negligence. Why were there no lifeguards?

how much?? cheesy
Re: Olubunmi Diya Hires Lawyer As Husband, Gabriel Diya, And Children Drown In Spain by sinequanon: 5:45pm On Jan 12, 2020
It is very likely that something was wrong with the suction pump. This particular pool was 2 metres deep. The deepest part was in the middle.
The 14-year-old described her sister as being dragged into the middle of the pool. That suggests that there was a suction vortex. If the suction settings are wrong, or malfunctioning, a huge amount of pressure can occur at the suction pump outlet.

If there is a slope and it is difficult to get purchase on the bottom of the pool, you can imagine a person becoming sucked in and entrapped. If they are freed after they become unconscious, the rescuer could be the next to become entrapped...and so on...

Here is a video of the actual pool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhlGnaVREzE

Here is an investigator's advice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ru06LVxDYic

Pool pump suction demonstration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EXfSb2KEHk

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Lords Chosen: Vikings Cult Leader Surrenders Gun & Accepts Jesus (Photos) / Are Jehovah's Witnesses Tied To Freemasons? / Burial Photos Of Pastor Taiwo Odukoya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.