Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,959 members, 7,799,251 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:51 PM

Serving General Arrested As US Authorities Uncover $16m In Wife’s Account - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Serving General Arrested As US Authorities Uncover $16m In Wife’s Account (7157 Views)

Fake Army General Arrested By EFCC Reportedly Shot At #EndSars Protesters / Kaduna: Army General Arrested For Flouting Lockdown Order / Army Detains Charles Nengite Over $16 Million Found In Wife’s Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Serving General Arrested As US Authorities Uncover $16m In Wife’s Account by Nobody: 11:40am On Dec 30, 2019
rusher14:

Why haven't they returned artefacts that aren't theirs?

I bring this up because the trend is to keep what isn't theirs whilst claiming various reasons for not doing so.

The summary is that they are equally corrupt.
The reason for not returning the looted funds is valid though undecided. Why return money to a notorious pen robber?Will you return money to Lawrence Anini or Shina Rambo
Re: Serving General Arrested As US Authorities Uncover $16m In Wife’s Account by 4gunners(m): 11:52am On Dec 30, 2019
EgunMogaji2:

This is patently false.

Your source of funds is always paramount to US Banks. This is due to the money laundering acts.

I worked for 10 years at Bank of America.

Any deposit over $10K gets flagged. Then the audit starts which will eventually involved the IRS.
people dey this nairaland ooo. i won't be suprised if we've people like Tony Elumelu hiding behinds one moniker.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Serving General Arrested As US Authorities Uncover $16m In Wife’s Account by EgunMogaji2: 11:57am On Dec 30, 2019
4gunners:
people dey this nairaland ooo. i won't be suprised if we've people like Tony Elumelu hiding behinds one moniker.

I’m not Elumelu but I spent 33 years in the USA. $10K is nothing to boast about.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Serving General Arrested As US Authorities Uncover $16m In Wife’s Account by rusher14: 12:01pm On Dec 30, 2019
Vanhooijdonk:

The reason for not returning the looted funds is valid though undecided. Why return money to a notorious pen robber?Will you return money to Lawrence Anini or Shina Rambo

I guess you are right.

States from which funds are looted should never get monies back as well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Serving General Arrested As US Authorities Uncover $16m In Wife’s Account by Nobody: 12:02pm On Dec 30, 2019
4gunners:
Re: Serving General Arrested As US Authorities Uncover $16m In Wife’s Account by realstars: 12:05pm On Dec 30, 2019
Time no reach.
Re: Serving General Arrested As US Authorities Uncover $16m In Wife’s Account by 4gunners(m): 12:06pm On Dec 30, 2019
EgunMogaji2:

I’m not Elumelu but I spent 33 years in the USA. N10K is nothing to boast about.
yeah, got you. I was just amazed that someone like you, is here, on nairaland. Sir, are you in nigeria now?

1 Like

Re: Serving General Arrested As US Authorities Uncover $16m In Wife’s Account by Daviddson(m): 12:36pm On Dec 30, 2019
MetaPhysical:

I think you got over excited without understanding what I wrote.

Probe or interrogation is a initiative to question legality and motive. Law enforcement come after you.

Bank report is a mandate. There does not need to be a motive...it is done for everyone who meets the limit.

Totally different.

This General is being probed.
You're wrong ogbeni. You wanna use English to confuse us? grin
Re: Serving General Arrested As US Authorities Uncover $16m In Wife’s Account by EgunMogaji2: 1:11pm On Dec 30, 2019
4gunners:
yeah, got you. I was just amazed that someone like you, is here, on nairaland. Sir, are you in nigeria now?

Oh. I’m really a small fish. There are financial whales on here.

From outside Nigeria, Nairaland is a huge resource for those of us in diaspora.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Serving General Arrested As US Authorities Uncover $16m In Wife’s Account by Nobody: 1:30pm On Dec 30, 2019
rusher14:

Abacha alone could never have looted over 5 billion dollars.

How much was our income over the 5 years he ruled?

1 billion dollars Abacha loot has been returned to nigeria under ur dullard God already.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Serving General Arrested As US Authorities Uncover $16m In Wife’s Account by rusher14: 1:35pm On Dec 30, 2019
PrecisionFx:

1 billion dollars Abacha loot has been returned to nigeria under ur dullard God already.

And 1 billion divided by 200 million Nigerians would make us a wealthy nation right?

Let me give you a stat: the average Nigerian only generates 2k dollars a year.

Let that sink in.
Re: Serving General Arrested As US Authorities Uncover $16m In Wife’s Account by 4gunners(m): 2:04pm On Dec 30, 2019
EgunMogaji2:

Oh. I’m really a small fish. There are financial whales on here.

From outside Nigeria, Nairaland is a huge resource for those of us in diaspora.
waoh, great to hear. But your ingenuity is top notch grin Who would have thought someone with many years of BOA work experience will be the owner of this your monicker-- egunmogaji. It sounds like a riff raff in one south western state grin grin

1 Like

Re: Serving General Arrested As US Authorities Uncover $16m In Wife’s Account by MetaPhysical: 2:24pm On Dec 30, 2019
EgunMogaji2:

Uncountable people have balances over $10K, $100K in the USA, what's the point that you're trying to make?

Bank balance is subject to audit not investment accounts (stop moving the goalposts). We're not talking about your $50K, we're talking about a Woman with $16M in her account (you love moving goalposts).

I will never assume that you're a mumu and I'm not out t impress you. You stated obvious false information and I corrected you. You have an issue with that and I can't help you with that except to continue to correct you.

By the way, should we compare US bank balances, 401K, Roth, IRA and pension statements offline? Let me know when you're ready cool

Look at the bold. This is the bottom line.

She has had millions in the account for years. She would have been audited, as you said is the practice, long before now. But was never probed. Audit is different from probe. You are a banker you should know this. In case you don't, an audit is a reconciliation of account. A probe is an investigation of that account and the lifestyle of the account owner. Two different things.

Why is she being probed now, and not earlier?
Re: Serving General Arrested As US Authorities Uncover $16m In Wife’s Account by EgunMogaji2: 2:38pm On Dec 30, 2019
MetaPhysical:

Look at the bold. This is the bottom line.

She has had millions in the account for years. She would have been audited, as you said is the practice, long before now. But was never probed. Audit is different from probe. You are a banker you should know this. In case you don't, an audit is a reconciliation of account. A probe is an investigation of that account and the lifestyle of the account owner. Two different things.

Why is she being probed now, and not earlier?

Aah, so now you’re here to teach me about audit grin

Where does it state in the article that she’s had $16M in the account for years? How do you know that she was never probed?

Do you know the field of forensic accounting?

Oh also I worked at Cooperative Bank (probably before you were born) for some years too wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Serving General Arrested As US Authorities Uncover $16m In Wife’s Account by MetaPhysical: 2:50pm On Dec 30, 2019
EgunMogaji2:

Aah, so now you’re here to teach me about audit grin

Where does it state in the article that she’s had $16M in the account for years? How do you know that she was never proved?

Do you know the field of forensic accounting?

Oh also I worked at Cooperative Bank ( probably before you were born) for some years too wink

Dude, let me not offend elders. grin
Im sorry sir!

I will let it go.

1 Like

Re: Serving General Arrested As US Authorities Uncover $16m In Wife’s Account by EgunMogaji2: 2:56pm On Dec 30, 2019
MetaPhysical:

Dude, let me not offend elders. grin
Im sorry sir!

I will let it go.

Feel free to offend if that’s the cut of your jib.

I stopped getting offended by online usernames a long time ago.

1 Like

Re: Serving General Arrested As US Authorities Uncover $16m In Wife’s Account by 7lives: 3:04pm On Dec 30, 2019
MetaPhysical:

I think you got over excited without understanding what I wrote.

Probe or interrogation is a initiative to question legality and motive. Law enforcement come after you.

Bank report is a mandate. There does not need to be a motive...it is done for everyone who meets the limit.

Totally different.

This General is being probed.

Go and watch the movie, MAD MONEY.
And stop discussing what you know next to nothing about.

1 Like

Re: Serving General Arrested As US Authorities Uncover $16m In Wife’s Account by Nobody: 3:18pm On Dec 30, 2019
rusher14:

And 1 billion divided by 200 million Nigerians would make us a wealthy nation right?

Let me give you a stat: the average Nigerian only generates 2k dollars a year.

Let that sink in.

Don't be intentionally silly.

U claimed Abacha loot no reach how much again grin

1 billion dollars has been returned.

How many billion dollars hasn't been returned?

How many billions have his family been chopping since 1993?

How many billions is his family chopping now cheesy

And don't just try to make it seem like 1 billion dollars is nothing, the number of people who have at least 1 billion dollars are about 2,800 people so 1 billion dollars is a big deal. 1 billion dollars attached away in a fixed deposit is worth 4 billion dollars today

1 billion dollars can get Nigeria a 1500MW gas turbine power plant
Re: Serving General Arrested As US Authorities Uncover $16m In Wife’s Account by wirinet(m): 3:20pm On Dec 30, 2019
Sirjamo:
Akwa Ibom, Rivers and Delta are the top three States with the most unemployed youths in Nigeria because their leaders have been useless, greedy and stingy, but their people would never hold them responsible for anything, they'd rather be insulting Buhari and Fulani Muslims everyday from morning to night.
Why will the Niger delta hold their leaders responsible when Buhari is there? It's like holding yourself responsible for your crimes and sins when the devil is there.

They would say "afterall the money is our oil money" and no one has the right to question how they use it.

2 Likes

Re: Serving General Arrested As US Authorities Uncover $16m In Wife’s Account by rusher14: 3:21pm On Dec 30, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Don't be intentionally silly.

U claimed Abacha loot no reach how much again grin

1 billion dollars has been returned.

How many billion dollars hasn't been returned?

How many billions have his family been chopping since 1993?

How many billions is his family chopping now cheesy

But you are being silly.

Do you know the figure?

Is it 1.1 billion dollars or is it 110 billion dollars?

Neither of us know.

However, we know his family still receive entitlements which is far more than the average Nigerian receives.
Re: Serving General Arrested As US Authorities Uncover $16m In Wife’s Account by Nobody: 3:22pm On Dec 30, 2019
rusher14:

But you are being silly.

Do you know the figure?

Is it 1.1 billion dollars or is it 110 billion dollars?

Neither of us know.

However, we know his family still receive entitlements which is far more than the average Nigerian receives.

This ur post is completely unconnected with what I posted grin
Re: Serving General Arrested As US Authorities Uncover $16m In Wife’s Account by rusher14: 3:24pm On Dec 30, 2019
PrecisionFx:

This ur post is completely unconnected with what I posted grin

I swear, nothing anybody would write would relate to your scribbles.
Re: Serving General Arrested As US Authorities Uncover $16m In Wife’s Account by Coldie(m): 5:58pm On Dec 30, 2019
Sirjamo:
Akwa Ibom, Rivers and Delta are the top three States with the most unemployed youths in Nigeria because their leaders have been useless, greedy and stingy, but their people would never hold them responsible for anything, they'd rather be insulting Buhari and Fulani Muslims everyday from morning to night.
They insult everybody.

At a point in time a rivers guy was blaming Igbo people for the woes in Rivers state.

That's how u know the true definition of FAILURE when u start blaming everybody

2 Likes

Re: Serving General Arrested As US Authorities Uncover $16m In Wife’s Account by Ishilove: 4:48am On Dec 31, 2019
rusher14:

Pretending to be appalled only elicits emotions from the uniformed.

A salient question was asked: why have they refused to return looted funds in their coffers
That's like returning stolen yam to the goat's other four legged relatives.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Shot While Coming In Contact With President Buhari (video) / Idoma People Of Benue State Launch Protest Against Their Inclusion In Biafra / Enugu 2023: Understanding Zoning And The Enugu Governorship Trajectory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.