Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,245 members, 7,807,827 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:07 PM

Did You Regret Going For Masters Abroad? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Did You Regret Going For Masters Abroad? (51576 Views)

I Regret Going To School. Wish My Parents Listened To Me / I Regret Going To The University / What Do You Regret Not Doing In Your University/School Days? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did You Regret Going For Masters Abroad? by GoodGirl2021: 9:14am On Dec 30, 2019
Is china a good country to go for masters?
Re: Did You Regret Going For Masters Abroad? by invigilator(m): 9:14am On Dec 30, 2019
I hope you get civilized response as I am also here to read comments.

2 Likes

Re: Did You Regret Going For Masters Abroad? by Spanishmilf(m): 9:14am On Dec 30, 2019
NwanyiOkpa:
Good morning,

I hope you are doing great. I intend going abroad for my masters, come this august 2020. I have secured admissions in the USA for MSc. Mechanical Engineering. i have partial funding already and i will be paying for the rest.

To better make my decision, did you have any regrets with studying abroad? did it give you an edge during your job search?

Thanks.
Get yankee visa first and re-open this thread.

5 Likes

Re: Did You Regret Going For Masters Abroad? by ctleurocollege: 9:15am On Dec 30, 2019
If you have money to waste, Go.
Re: Did You Regret Going For Masters Abroad? by theassassin1: 9:15am On Dec 30, 2019
[s]
post=85339049:

Absolutely NO!

Absolutely YES!

All the best to you over there.
Face your studies and Excel.
Cheers! kiss
[/s]

19 Likes

Re: Did You Regret Going For Masters Abroad? by Chizzyjoyce(f): 9:16am On Dec 30, 2019
I'm planning on going there for my masters next year..

Hoping it won't be a waste of time afterall

3 Likes

Re: Did You Regret Going For Masters Abroad? by Grace001: 9:16am On Dec 30, 2019
B
Re: Did You Regret Going For Masters Abroad? by Spanishmilf(m): 9:16am On Dec 30, 2019
maybachmusic:
Avoid the UK

Us should be fine
Stop saying rubbish
Which year are u

3 Likes

Re: Did You Regret Going For Masters Abroad? by bluefilm: 9:16am On Dec 30, 2019
I think studying abroad will be a nice experience.

Dasal.
Re: Did You Regret Going For Masters Abroad? by Nobody: 9:16am On Dec 30, 2019
lebron7:

Please explain

Most people with uK masters are stirring dust on the streets of lag

Till their new policy comes into full effect and you can get at least some foreign working experience. It's not worth one kobo

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did You Regret Going For Masters Abroad? by xoxocandy(f): 9:16am On Dec 30, 2019
My friend is currently doing masters abroad and he's deff not regreting

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did You Regret Going For Masters Abroad? by NwanyiOkpa(f): 9:16am On Dec 30, 2019
ctleurocollege:
If you have money to waste, Go.

Waste as how?
Re: Did You Regret Going For Masters Abroad? by Spanishmilf(m): 9:17am On Dec 30, 2019
NwanyiOkpa:

I have not moved yet but i have been admitted.
Get visa first grin

8 Likes

Re: Did You Regret Going For Masters Abroad? by Nobody: 9:17am On Dec 30, 2019
NwanyiOkpa:
Good morning,

I hope you are doing great. I intend going abroad for my masters, come this august 2020. I have secured admissions in the USA for MSc. Mechanical Engineering. i have partial funding already and i will be paying for the rest.

To better make my decision, did you have any regrets with studying abroad? did it give you an edge during your job search?

Thanks.

There's no regret going for master in the US unlike the Uk where you will likely come back to Nigeria, but you would have gone for a PhD because you will be paid a stipend of about $2500 as a research/graduate assistance and also free tuition.

4 Likes

Re: Did You Regret Going For Masters Abroad? by adewumiopeyemi(m): 9:17am On Dec 30, 2019
I still remember a day wen I went to do an interview
a girl sad beside me. During the interview
We chatted so he told me he just return from Nigeria from Cyprus about 4 month again with her master degree
We surprise because we are just fighting with 40k work
Bro my advice is for you to stay in us after doing your master don’t think of coming back to Nigeria to search for job bro
Think twice bro

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did You Regret Going For Masters Abroad? by Nobody: 9:18am On Dec 30, 2019
post=85339049:

Absolutely NO!

Absolutely YES!

All the best to you over there.
Face your studies and Excel.
Cheers! kiss

Wonders shall never end!

Which job?

Suya job abi na BMC work?

Guy please have pity on yourself

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did You Regret Going For Masters Abroad? by Spanishmilf(m): 9:18am On Dec 30, 2019
lebron7:
Please is UK a good place to study, bcus I have been hearing studying in UK is just a waste of money
That was in the last bro
Don't you read news lately things have change ooh

3 Likes

Re: Did You Regret Going For Masters Abroad? by fergie001: 9:19am On Dec 30, 2019
lebron7:
Please is UK a good place to study, bcus I have been hearing studying in UK is just a waste of money
Don't go there....if you have an opportunity.... Try the US.

2 Likes

Re: Did You Regret Going For Masters Abroad? by Nobody: 9:19am On Dec 30, 2019
what was your GRE score
Re: Did You Regret Going For Masters Abroad? by dangotesmummy: 9:19am On Dec 30, 2019
Philipmems:
One of the greatest decision I made in my life was to further my education outside the shores of my fatherland. Having a reputable school in the US included in your resume will give you an edge anywhere in the world. Attending a University here in the US, you will be exposed to the latest technologies in your career/field of study. Also, the education system here from the beginning to the end is amazing.
I was ones sceptic once upon a time, I took a leap of fate and voila here I am today living my best life.
Be Fearless
haaa broda IJGB obodo oyinbo you no know the difference between once and ones...

Heyyyy osanobua shocked

And na your type go dey criticize Nigerian students and the quality of education in Nigeria

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did You Regret Going For Masters Abroad? by uuzba(m): 9:19am On Dec 30, 2019
NwanyiOkpa:
Good morning,

Thanks.

Which kind question are you asking?
You've done passport, visa, admission, funding, fees,..
E remain to enter Aeroplane. It's now you are telling us ?
Mister Man, if you are still doubting about your life decision at this stage, come to my house, I flog you seriously!

You Intend to go overseas?
Oya don't Intend again Na

Am I the one forcing you to intend?
Anybody that talks now, you will later say it's that person that spoilt your plan

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did You Regret Going For Masters Abroad? by Nobody: 9:20am On Dec 30, 2019
lebron7:

England, Scotland - No
European countries- Germany, Finland, etc - Yes

4 Likes

Re: Did You Regret Going For Masters Abroad? by adonainana: 9:20am On Dec 30, 2019
NwanyiOkpa:

Waste as how?

Waste as in sometimes it is not worth the thousands of dollars you are contemplating on spending on it, No knowledge is a waste and you will be studying in an advanced country with insurmontable resources. Yes this is fine, the reason this is so is because the resources in Africa are poor to start with so you think you getting value

For me personally any degre you send more than $10,000 on and you dont make that back within 2 years of graduation then it is a complete waste

1 Like

Re: Did You Regret Going For Masters Abroad? by Nobody: 9:21am On Dec 30, 2019
Erediauwa:
Don't occupy your mind with negativity....

Think positive and you won't have any regrets whatsoever.

Still hustling to get the much needed funds for my Msc which I intend to do in the Netherlands.

The Netherlands is a very fine country.

Don't know the obsession with the UK as far as Europe is concerned.

6 Likes

Re: Did You Regret Going For Masters Abroad? by Nobody: 9:21am On Dec 30, 2019
It depends on your field of study; if you're going into any of the STEM fields then you MAY have an edge in the jobs market; for any other course, the advantage is mostly psychological; I have 3 masters degrees already from 3 of the world's top universities and I can tell you authoritatively that it hasn't done anything to boost my job's prospect.

If you're not going for STEM my advise is that you should spend your money setting up a business for yourself in Nigeria.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did You Regret Going For Masters Abroad? by Spanishmilf(m): 9:21am On Dec 30, 2019
fergie001:

Don't go there....if you have an opportunity.... Try the US.
Which planet u dey
U talk as if US visa is beans or UK visa is easy to get
U are dumb
Re: Did You Regret Going For Masters Abroad? by Spanishmilf(m): 9:21am On Dec 30, 2019
BiggyB242:

U.K.- No
European countries- yes
undecided smh
Re: Did You Regret Going For Masters Abroad? by LegendHer0: 9:22am On Dec 30, 2019
You are never going to regret going to USA for your masters under any circumstances.

I can see you’re going for mechanical engineering masters which qualifies you as a STEM student.

The partial funding you had is still good and I’m quite sure you can take up a teaching assistantship job over there to balance the rest of the fees. So no cause for alarm on how to complete your studies financially.

If you graduate with a STEM degree, you will apply for OPT and I’m pretty sure some companies e.g. like Cummins accept Mech Eng. international student on F-I OPT. These companies will then sponsor your H1B visa which will guarantee you more way here.

I’m pretty sure your starting Salary with an engineering masters will be more than you would ever get in Nigeria. I might be wrong tho!

15 Likes

Re: Did You Regret Going For Masters Abroad? by ctleurocollege: 9:22am On Dec 30, 2019
NwanyiOkpa:

Waste as how?

Study in Cyprus, admission is easy and cost is cheaper
Re: Did You Regret Going For Masters Abroad? by Nobody: 9:24am On Dec 30, 2019
Following...

Hoping to learn one or ten things as I would love to study abroad some day too.

2 Likes

Re: Did You Regret Going For Masters Abroad? by Nobody: 9:27am On Dec 30, 2019
NwanyiOkpa:
Good morning,

Thanks.

Hi

18 Likes

Re: Did You Regret Going For Masters Abroad? by Expert17: 9:28am On Dec 30, 2019
Best decision i made so far..............

It boost ur career................. U cnt regret it

NOTE: racist everywhere now,.....discrimination will set in

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

16-Year-Old Zambian Student Breastfeed Her Baby During Examination In School / NDDC 2023 Post Graduate Scholarship / A Maths Teacher Asked To Teach English Language....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.