Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,537 members, 7,808,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:17 PM

Sadiya Farouq: FG Pays Suppliers Of Food For January School Feeding Programme - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sadiya Farouq: FG Pays Suppliers Of Food For January School Feeding Programme (13301 Views)

Sadiya Farouq: FG To Pay 24 Million Poor Nigerians N5,000 Each / Sadiya Farouq Marries Sadique Abubakar In Private Ceremony - Sahara Reporters / Sadiya Farouq: FG Will Use BVN To Identify Poor, Vulnerable Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sadiya Farouq: FG Pays Suppliers Of Food For January School Feeding Programme by Frankonuche: 6:12am On Dec 30, 2019
FG PAID SUPPLIERS OF FOOD FOR SCHOOL FEEDING FOR JANUARY 2020

The Federal Government has proactively paid suppliers of foodstuff and cooks under the Home Grown School Feeding Programme for January 2020 to ensure that feeding the 9.9 million pupils in the participating States and the FCT starts immediately schools resume in the next two weeks.

The Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development, Hajiya Sadiya Umar Farouq announced this in Abuja, explaining that the payment covered the cost of feeding pupils in the 33 participating states.

The Minister disclosed that the funds were released in December to give the suppliers and cooks adequate time to procure and stock foodstuff to ensure that pupils eat their meals timely.

“We believe that paying these funds early is critical to the success of the programme. We do not want any hitches, and we want to ensure that the school children are fed on time, and without any excuses," the Minister emphasised.

The Minister warned that the Federal Government would not accept any drop in the nutritional quality of the meals given to the children.

Hajiya Sadiya said the Federal Government has gladly received reports of improved attendance in the schools and improved hygiene among the pupils, adding that these outcomes were some of the reasons for setting up the programme.

Under the National Home Grown School Feeding Programme a total of 9,963,726 pupils are fed in 54, 942 schools across the country served by 107,862 suppliers and cooks.

The programme is one of the components of the Social Investment Programme (SIP) of the Federal Government under the purview of the Federal Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development.

Signed
*Halima Oyelade*
SA, Media to the Honourable Minister
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/370323-school-feeding-nigerian-govt-begins-payments-to-food-vendors-for-2020.html

Re: Sadiya Farouq: FG Pays Suppliers Of Food For January School Feeding Programme by adecz: 6:28am On Dec 30, 2019
grin grin grin

A beautiful FTC at the end of
This year!!!

Meanwhile, this school feeding
program is another nonsense one
by the mumutious APC govt.

Billions are wasted 'feeding' pupils that
have no classrooms to study in.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sadiya Farouq: FG Pays Suppliers Of Food For January School Feeding Programme by looseweight: 6:28am On Dec 30, 2019
Okay
Re: Sadiya Farouq: FG Pays Suppliers Of Food For January School Feeding Programme by GOFRONT(m): 6:28am On Dec 30, 2019
AUDIO feeding

19 Likes

Re: Sadiya Farouq: FG Pays Suppliers Of Food For January School Feeding Programme by JustNiyi2(m): 6:28am On Dec 30, 2019
All is well.
Re: Sadiya Farouq: FG Pays Suppliers Of Food For January School Feeding Programme by saheedbadmus(m): 6:29am On Dec 30, 2019
Thats nice...Abeg make una give d children better food o no b only rice and half egg o

1 Like

Re: Sadiya Farouq: FG Pays Suppliers Of Food For January School Feeding Programme by Auxtin85(m): 6:29am On Dec 30, 2019
Another aboki don cash out

25 Likes

Re: Sadiya Farouq: FG Pays Suppliers Of Food For January School Feeding Programme by Gundurich(m): 6:29am On Dec 30, 2019
Nice move; hope it gets to the pupils on time.
Re: Sadiya Farouq: FG Pays Suppliers Of Food For January School Feeding Programme by funmike83(f): 6:29am On Dec 30, 2019
Lies, we hear more of their plans than actions. Let the children resume, you will hear different stories
All this does not move me as they are using all these programs to enrich themselves. The plates they use for those kids is washout not to talk if the food.
I will not talk again

3 Likes

Re: Sadiya Farouq: FG Pays Suppliers Of Food For January School Feeding Programme by Bobbysmicky(m): 6:30am On Dec 30, 2019
Why not use this money to set up something reasonable that can be beneficial to the country and help boost our economy or reduce unemployment, parents should feed their children abeg cus i see this as a waste of fund

25 Likes

Re: Sadiya Farouq: FG Pays Suppliers Of Food For January School Feeding Programme by Kizzygentle: 6:30am On Dec 30, 2019
Every new Yr the govt brings up one audio agenda to blindfold d citizens. Wicked govt. We don't want this. 1st of all use that nass money allocation worth billions to alleviate poverty before spewing thrash. We are not fools we just don't have a choice or rather scared of ur dictatorship governance.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sadiya Farouq: FG Pays Suppliers Of Food For January School Feeding Programme by nero2face: 6:30am On Dec 30, 2019
please this so called school feeding, is it for some zones alone?, I've not seen nor heard anything of such here in SE/SS...pliz someone should inform me if am getting it wrong...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sadiya Farouq: FG Pays Suppliers Of Food For January School Feeding Programme by Oluwaseyi456(m): 6:31am On Dec 30, 2019
Beans nd Garri done start
Re: Sadiya Farouq: FG Pays Suppliers Of Food For January School Feeding Programme by RichBoy247: 6:31am On Dec 30, 2019
But I think this should be stopped. If so called parents cannot feed their children, why did the parents give birth to children? You can't pay school fees; ordinary PTA token fee in government school, you cannot pay; you can't pay house rent; small money to buy drugs in government hospital, you don't have; but you are giving birth to children every year like white pigs.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sadiya Farouq: FG Pays Suppliers Of Food For January School Feeding Programme by helinues: 6:31am On Dec 30, 2019
Nice one
Re: Sadiya Farouq: FG Pays Suppliers Of Food For January School Feeding Programme by Bolustical: 6:32am On Dec 30, 2019
ok
Re: Sadiya Farouq: FG Pays Suppliers Of Food For January School Feeding Programme by helinues: 6:32am On Dec 30, 2019
nero2face:
please this so called school feeding, is it for some zones alone?, I've not seen nor heard anything of such here in SE/SS...pliz someone should inform me if am getting it wrong...

Did you read the article at all?

33 states already enrolled in the program

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sadiya Farouq: FG Pays Suppliers Of Food For January School Feeding Programme by Paperwhite(m): 6:33am On Dec 30, 2019
This scheme is simply another fraud being perpetuated by criminals in this govt.

2 Likes

Re: Sadiya Farouq: FG Pays Suppliers Of Food For January School Feeding Programme by englishmart(m): 6:34am On Dec 30, 2019
I'd rather they reduced the cost of education. Who can't feed their wards but can send them to school? Except it's a free schooling system. I remember when the government was feeding students in GSS Jiwa that year, that was in 2008/2009. How could you be feeding full grown senior students with overdone, tasteless noodles? My parents advised me not to partake, and I didn't

7 Likes

Re: Sadiya Farouq: FG Pays Suppliers Of Food For January School Feeding Programme by MISTAICEY02288(m): 6:34am On Dec 30, 2019
Mtcheeww

And this one is an achievement too abi?
Paying for that nonsense school feeding program. The cursed poverty stricken food they feed those pupils is what they call food? This useless government will not seize to amaze somebody with their foolishness.. And of which, all these are still schemes to embezzle more funds from the national treasury...

Some brainless and unrepentant Zombies will come here and start worshipping them as usual. There's even a renowned one in here on this forum who is a popular rotten meat selling nuisance and dunce. SMH!

4 Likes

Re: Sadiya Farouq: FG Pays Suppliers Of Food For January School Feeding Programme by funmike83(f): 6:34am On Dec 30, 2019
RichBoy247:
But I think this should be stopped. If so called parents cannot feed their children, why did the parents give birth to children?

Or rather give them free education

1 Like

Re: Sadiya Farouq: FG Pays Suppliers Of Food For January School Feeding Programme by Wronggee(m): 6:35am On Dec 30, 2019
ACP government with different format all the time grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Sadiya Farouq: FG Pays Suppliers Of Food For January School Feeding Programme by RichBoy247: 6:36am On Dec 30, 2019
Wronggee:
ACP government with different format all the time grin grin

This one is formula one.

2 Likes

Re: Sadiya Farouq: FG Pays Suppliers Of Food For January School Feeding Programme by 9jayes: 6:36am On Dec 30, 2019
Abi make I go back to primary school ?Thinking.

Nairaland gat to improve, all dis outdated emojis should be scraped haba! since 2005 seun kilode na

1 Like

Re: Sadiya Farouq: FG Pays Suppliers Of Food For January School Feeding Programme by LegendHer0: 6:37am On Dec 30, 2019
Bobbysmicky:
Why not use this money to set up something reasonable that can be beneficial to the country and help boost our economy or reduce unemployment, parents should feed their children abeg cus i see this as a waste of fund

Primary school education is compulsory and very important. The government feeding the kids is one of the best program any reasonable government can offer.

Not all parents can give their kids money for lunch, they will eat in the house in the morning and government give them food for lunch while their parents feed them for dinner.

Even in USA, government feed elementary school students so I don’t see a reason why Nigeria can’t do such too.

The main problem here is that most of those directors siphon the money and inturn cook rubbish food for the kids. Nigerians are the main problem of Nigeria itself!

1 Like

Re: Sadiya Farouq: FG Pays Suppliers Of Food For January School Feeding Programme by ayinde2020: 6:37am On Dec 30, 2019
ok
Re: Sadiya Farouq: FG Pays Suppliers Of Food For January School Feeding Programme by CoolAmbience(m): 6:39am On Dec 30, 2019
adecz:
grin grin grin

A beautiful FTC at the end of
This year!!!

Meanwhile, this school feeding
program is another nonsense one
by the mumutious APC govt.

Billions are wasted 'feeding' pupils that
have no classrooms to study in.

Why would it not be nonsense to someone who has no sense?

If you had a critical and stable mind, I am sure you would be appraising the program by the over 10million out-of-school children it has helped bring back to schools across the country, and how it is assisting to address Nigeria's infamous ranking of being the country with the largest population of malnourished children globally, among other socio-economic benefits.

MIRed:

Before you come online and start insulting people, pls learn to get your facts right.
This so called feeding programme, have you witnessed or seen it in the SE/SS zones...I am partially sure you've not and even if you have. What kind of food were the children given?

Have you worked with any NGO before?, I'm sire the answer to this might be No. Have you partnered with any NGO on the SDG goals...

If you have, you would know that this feeding programme is exclusively carried out most likely in the North, and mindvyou I've seen the so called food given to the children...Ice cream and biscuits... I laugh you in Swahili

This government might have good plans but there are no checks and balances, even with the so called feeding, the children who are out of school in the North triple the South...

Don't be deceived by media agenda bruv, learn first to get your facts right, there are so many things not true about the APC and their agendas...meanwhile let me stop here, on a good day I'll write on a lot of things most people are not even aware of in the south...
Do you guys even know the hausa-fulanis are paid the #5,000 promised by Buhari government for elderly and unemployed... This one I heard of recent and am really being skeptical about it until I visit the Union bank in the location am in and see it with my own two eyes...

You are glaringly a very bias individual.

The only region in Nigeria that has all her states participating in the school feeding program is the SE. The SS has at least three of her states participating as well.

Please don't come here to spread falsehood. I move around the country regularly and there is no state in Nigeria I have not been to.

I have partnered with international organisations, not just NGOs. If you want the names of schools that are benefitting from the program in the SE and SS, I could give you some. I have visited quite a number of them across the country.

Will you also dispute the fact that the SE and SS have over 60,000 and 70,000 beneficiaries of the Npower programme respectively? Is it also a Hausa-Fulani project?

Similarly, the N5,000 conditional cash transfers is a national program for the poorest Nigerians. It is not for northerners alone. That is a blue lie.

Please, drop that ideology of bias as it won't profit you.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sadiya Farouq: FG Pays Suppliers Of Food For January School Feeding Programme by SlimBrawnie(f): 6:41am On Dec 30, 2019
Misplaced Priorities

1 Like

Re: Sadiya Farouq: FG Pays Suppliers Of Food For January School Feeding Programme by nero2face: 6:41am On Dec 30, 2019
helinues:

Did you read the article at all?

33 states already enrolled in the program
He said 33 States are in participation, they didn't just enroll, and ur comment doesn't answer my question

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

#EndSARS: Police To Promote Officers Killed, Injured During Recent Rampage — IGP / Mobile Phones, Photographic Devices Not Allowed In Voting Cubicle – INEC / Can Abiola Ajimola Govern Oyo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.