Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,854 members, 7,802,739 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:27 PM

My Interview With Esteemcity.com - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Interview With Esteemcity.com (996 Views)

Interview with Ogini Bernard - The First Pidgin English Playwright In Nigeria / An Interview With Brittle Paper's Otosirieze Obi-young / An Interview With Award Winning Blogger, Author, Screenwriter, Tomi Adesina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Interview With Esteemcity.com by SheWrites(f): 8:28am On Dec 30, 2019
Source: https://esteemcity.com/a-short-interview-with-serah-iyare/

In line with our drive to promote Authors in Nigeria, Africa and the world, we took out time to interview some amazing authors doing great work with their books. One of such is Serah Iyare, a top self published author in Abuja, Nigeria.

Serah Iyare is a Christian Romance/Thriller fiction writer who is bent on bridging the gap between man and his first love through stories. She has written so many books. She has ghostwritten a hundred more.

No of self-published books: 10

Titles of Books:
B.F.F: Best Friends Forever
As Deep As The Sea
Razor Tongue
Broken Bottle
Winds of Fate
Together Forever
Torn
Bukky Alakara
Heartstrings
Beauty and the Mechanic

All Available on Okadabooks, BamBooks, SmashWords.

New Book: Sassy and Slaying: Diary of a Single Naija Babe (unpublished)

No. of other unpublished books: Hundreds.

May we meet you
My name is Serah Iyare. I am a Christian author. I have over a dozen books in my name and I have ghost written scores of other books for people. I am married, I have two kids and I live in Abuja, Nigeria.

What inspired you into writing?
As a child, I grew up reading fairy tales story books, and the notion of the Knight in shining armour rescuing the damsel in distress stuck with me. I started writing my own stories at about seven, eight years. I remember sitting in the library after school hours, devouring tonnes of story books. Writing my own stories became a desire that burned within me at that young age. I am fulfilled doing just that now.

What’s your genre?
I started with romance, flowed into comedy, and dived a bit into thriller.

What’s your favourite book, written by you?
What’s your favourite book written by other authors?

‘Beauty and the Mechanic’ by Serah Iyare
‘As Sure As Dawn’ by Francine Rivers
‘Three’ by Ted Dekker
‘Like Dandelion Dust’ Karen Kingsbury
‘Piercing the darkness’ by Frank Peretti

What has been your challenges with writing?
It can be quite a chore when it comes to transferring what I have penned down into a soft copy. I grew writing with pen and a note book, then migrated to using a computer system, now a laptop. But, any day any time, I will still chose my pen and notebook.

Is it profitable to be a writer in Nigeria?
Hmmm… if you know your way around, yes.
Over the years, I make more money writing for other people than from selling my own books. I hope that will change soonest.

A word for upcoming writers
Write and write and write. Do not stop! Come rain, come shine, just keep writing.

Final Words.
Writing is like food to my soul and it brings me joy when others find fulfillment in what I have written. One of my major goals when I write is to impact people positively with choice moral values that are completely priceless.

9 Likes

Re: My Interview With Esteemcity.com by Divepen1(m): 10:49pm On Dec 30, 2019
You're just a boss
Re: My Interview With Esteemcity.com by SheWrites(f): 8:06am On Dec 31, 2019
Divepen1:
You're just a boss
*hugs&kisses*

1 Like

Re: My Interview With Esteemcity.com by chizzypresh(f): 9:26am On Dec 31, 2019
That's really nice
Re: My Interview With Esteemcity.com by SheWrites(f): 9:35am On Dec 31, 2019
chizzypresh:
That's really nice
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: My Interview With Esteemcity.com by Omarizworld: 11:26pm On Jan 01, 2020
I really love your books
Re: My Interview With Esteemcity.com by SheWrites(f): 9:45am On Jan 02, 2020
Omarizworld:
I really love your books
I am glad you do, thanks.
Re: My Interview With Esteemcity.com by Stargurl20(f): 6:29pm On Jun 04, 2020
Wow! More power to your elbow cool
Re: My Interview With Esteemcity.com by SheWrites(f): 3:57pm On Jun 07, 2020
Stargurl20:
Wow! More power to your elbow cool
Thankssss *hugs*

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How I Was Able To Raise #250,000 To Start My Beauty Parlor... / Begining Of Madness! / Tom Clancy, U.S. Master Of Spy Thriller Novels,dies At 66

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.