Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,046 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:46 PM

Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? - Romance (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? (57511 Views)

Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? / Lady Who Said "I Can't Marry Man That Earns N100k Monthly" Caught Begging N50k / I Can't Date Any Lady That Earns Less Than N200K - Nigerian Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by vickydankal(f): 6:59pm On Dec 30, 2019
eni4real:
I have told you several times, your type is an endangered species..
They don't make a lady like you again.. Especially in this social media age...

If you know any young lady with your kind of mentality.. Please connect me with her..

I have some topics to discuss with her. Please!!

You are funny.
There are many like manner ladies out there unfortunately just a handful are still in churches. Look well be real, don't try so hard to impress. God will send her to you amen oooo. Invite me for the d day oooo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by DEADALIVE: 6:59pm On Dec 30, 2019
majority misconstrued wedding money for financial stability in marriage. I got married this year without a job. but once my wife agreed we can go ahead then we plan in marriage the understanding gave me confidence while in my heart I double my hustle and prayer that I need God's favour and grace...
las las I got a good job with a government agency a month to my wedding and ever since after the wedding it's been a lot of spending.
In conclusion, please u can get married anytime you want no amount of money is ever enough in marriage...u will continue to spend regardless of your grace in Nigeria economy.

1 Like

Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by Lexusgs430: 7:01pm On Dec 30, 2019
A man that gets married, with a 30K wage and no prospects of extra income or the wife supporting the household income...........

Is setup for a fall, SM begging, and all other forms of begging........... wink
Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by don4real18(m): 7:03pm On Dec 30, 2019
lilwetdick:

survival bias, there are many also who married with 20k but today their take home pay is still bad
I am denying the fact that some people end up without financial growth for a long time. What I am trying to say is that we should look for a better reason to get married. Wealth can go away. Beauty can fade
Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by CHoccolaTE: 7:04pm On Dec 30, 2019
eni4real:
Vicious Circle?? shocked

Yes, exactly.
Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by Bleiz(m): 7:04pm On Dec 30, 2019
Mgbadike80:
you can get self contain apartment in outlying areas of Onitsha for 60k a year (or more sha), public yards with shared facilities costs less. They should plan tgeir lives accordingly, and stop assuming that the lady is unemployed, she should get her own 30k job. how much do you think a man should be making before thinking of marriage?

Which outlying area in Onitsha can you get self contain of 60k. Did you add the tenancy agreement that's over 40k landlords demand? Did you add the fixed agent fees those hungry agents ask for?

Self contain rooms in Onitsha are rare to find.
Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by Nobody: 7:04pm On Dec 30, 2019
lebron7:

And this is a rich speech undecided
If your father was not broke he would be able to buy everything you want in life and you would not be looking for a "rich guy"
my DAD is actually well to do. that is why i will not settle for less

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by sprints1: 7:05pm On Dec 30, 2019
The 30k works with geographical distribution.. Its a yes/no for me provided your wife is bring I ng the same amount in. 30k in places like ikorodu agbara ajegunle iyana ipaja Ilorin some axis in Ibadan and in the north is possible provided u can work your ass out and gain xtra 10k from elsewhere.. Those places mentioned their cost of living is okay..but a place on the island like lekki Ajah Victoria island ikoyi abuja, port haccourt oboy no even think about getting married unless u are dating a girl who can bring in 250k at least that one sef na debt Una go dey...with 30k I can marry on some parts in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by Harbeeorlar(m): 7:12pm On Dec 30, 2019
Ur calculation is wrong. We spend far more than what we earn no matter what/how. I earn 50k/month thats 600k in a year but i have spent close to 1m this year.
lilwetdick:

17k with 2 kids and proper planning.. grin grin

father, mother and 2 kids = 4 mouth

17k to take care of 4 mouth monthly...

17k/30 days=567 naira daily for 4 mouth

this is impossible
Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by Fxwarrior: 7:17pm On Dec 30, 2019
ufondunenye:
Thats like almost 4times of my salary.
I will think about it thrice. shocked shocked

Modify.....
Did I just say 4times?
Five times!!!!
The thing is that everyone knows their levels.
Chikena!!

What work pays you #6000 monthly?
Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by Fxwarrior: 7:19pm On Dec 30, 2019
urchcoded:
I'm single and earning 25k. Some days I go without breakfast but the 25k has never lasted to 31st of d month. How can u be earning 30k and have a girlfriend talkless of wife?

Which state? I can help you plan your expenditure.

1 Like

Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by Gandollaar(f): 7:19pm On Dec 30, 2019
ChieduJoshua081:

I don't need a job. Am building a company. Am a CEO. You think it's everybody u see here that are jobless? I am far richer than you or anybody in your generation from you till the 10th one will ever be. Please stop talking to me.
I'm not impressed. Anyone can be anything online cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by Fxwarrior: 7:20pm On Dec 30, 2019
urchcoded:
I'm single and earning 25k. Some days I go without breakfast but the 25k has never lasted to 31st of d month. How can u be earning 30k and have a girlfriend talkless of wife?

Seems you live far from your work place?
Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by Nobody: 7:21pm On Dec 30, 2019
Harbeeorlar:
Ur calculation is wrong. We spend far more than what we earn no matter what/how. I earn 50k/month thats 600k in a year but i have spent close to 1m this year.

how can you spend more that what you earn, except you have additional income

you are also might be dipping into your savings

many families spend within their income except if they collecting loans or spending their saving
Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by Nobody: 7:22pm On Dec 30, 2019
lilwetdick:

if you have a sister, will your father allow a man earning 30k to marry your sister? pls be realistic
is the sister earning above 30k? I can't get married with 30k but no broke woman have the right to broke shame guys

1 Like

Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by Nobody: 7:22pm On Dec 30, 2019
Fxwarrior:

Which state? I can help you plan your expenditure.

how?? do you want him to trek or what, 27k is nothing in present day nigeria.

that is 900 naira daily
Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by ufondunenye(f): 7:24pm On Dec 30, 2019
Fxwarrior:

What work pays you #6000 monthly?
which one be 6000k per month??
You and who talk that one? shocked undecided
Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by Nobody: 7:24pm On Dec 30, 2019
niaralandtopuser:
is the sister earning above 30k? I can't get married with 30k but no broke woman have the right to broke shame guys

she is not earning 30k , she works, has a masters degree and has her own apartment
Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by AuwalYusuf812(m): 7:27pm On Dec 30, 2019
lilwetdick:

a man with vision and focus wont be earning 30k. i believe in spousal support, both couples should work, combine income but 30k is nothing

how will this 30k earner pay for rent before they marry, who is bringing whom to the house, the man or the woman.

you are very wrong......
Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by Nobody: 7:28pm On Dec 30, 2019
AuwalYusuf812:
you are very wrong......

do what you like
Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by Fxwarrior: 7:29pm On Dec 30, 2019
ufondunenye:
Thats like almost 4times of my salary.
I will think about it thrice. shocked shocked

Modify.....
Did I just say 4times?
Five times!!!!
The thing is that everyone knows their levels.
Chikena!!

We were discussing a topic on #30 000 and you said that's 5 times your salary.

Simple arithmetic

#6000 x 5 = #30 000

So what are you saying?
Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by Nobody: 7:29pm On Dec 30, 2019
lilwetdick:

she is not earning 30k , she works, has a masters degree and has her own apartment
there are ladies earning 20k as salary. we have the low class, middle class, the rich and maybe the billionaires.
so a guy who earn 30k will probably see a lady who earn same amount or less to marry

if a lady is not earning much, she have no right to call a guy broke
Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by BreconHills(m): 7:30pm On Dec 30, 2019
lilwetdick:

when did i say you dont deserve your fantasy love? but since you wanna comment lets comment.

so basically you dont have experience in lecturing but went for phd

your earn 10k as stipend and your only source of income and you think you can marry with 10k, because you think you have potential after 2 years

now what are the chances of you getting a job after doing your phd, dont forget you have no experience in teaching

most people i know doing phd are lecturers working in the system already.

i think you don enter one chance, a phd without teaching experience in the university is a waste of time.

have you seen recent job adverts for phd holders, a minimum of 10 years experience is required for you to get a teaching job.

to be fair a bachelor degree guy earning 100k is better than you even after you finish your program

nobody is gonna pay you a good pay if you dont have the experience and dont think, you can get good employment in the private sector because you will be over qualified. you will have the prestige of being a Dr but no cash.

people that follow where the money is are better off than people that follow their dreams

The ops question might well have been posted in the wrong place. There are a lot of young educated and aspirational people on NL. Many are wildly optimistic about Nigerian society or are ignorant about the hard facts of income mobility. They get their information from social media, innuendo, guessimates and a narrow circle of friends.

The hard fact is that less than 5% of Nigerian men earn over 200k and in fact the living wage average for Nigeria in 2018 was just 43,200k per month. https://tradingeconomics.com/nigeria/living-wage-individual

2017 data showed that the top 1% earn a larger proportion of GDP than 50% of the entire population. I understand that this has worsened since then. https://wid.world/country/nigeria/

So in fact, the 30k the op described is far closer to the norm in Nigeria. It is hard to imagine but it does work. In fact based on income distribution ot HAS to! But as I said, the op is simply addressing the wrong audience and will get pushback - which is to be expected.

Regarding the PhD student. His global prospects will be determined by his age, university, and paper. Globally, a PhD has a better chance of qualifying for expert visas and foreign appointments. He is by no means limited to teaching.

1 Like

Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by Dandison28(m): 7:30pm On Dec 30, 2019
lilwetdick:
this is just nonsense

this what i hate to read, the pity and emotional game, the story that everything can end just in a day.

getting rich and going broke is a process, it just not start and end in a day

but how can you be earning 30k and be in marriage.

i cant allow a man earning 30k to marry my sister..simple as abc
Someone is earning 17k and have 3 kids... You be a rich man too cos other guys won't give you their sisters if you fall on the same category... Period..
Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by maasoap(m): 7:31pm On Dec 30, 2019
ImaIma1:
It is not every lady that will marry someone she is starting little with.

It is not every rich person that loses the wealth later (this example is becoming cliche and stale)

Some ladies will marry wealthy and already made men and enjoy their marriage(nothing wrong with this). Some won't enjoy it.

Some ladies will marry guys that they will suffer with and enjoy their marriages(their choice too). Some won't enjoy it.

It's the "not rich" ones that keep criticizing ladies for marrying a rich guy and even try to scare them with the "money will disappear" narrative.

Everyone's choice is personal and they should not be trolled for it

Lol. Let's scare them o
Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by Nobody: 7:33pm On Dec 30, 2019
BreconHills:

The ops question might well have been posted in the wrong place. There are a lot of young educated and aspirational people on NL. Many are wildly optimistic about Nigerian society or are ignorant about the hard facts of income mobility. They get their information from social media, innuendo, guessimates and a narrow circle of friends.

The hard fact is that less than 5% of Nigerian men earn over 200k and in fact the living wage average for Nigeria in 2018 was just 43,200k per month. https://tradingeconomics.com/nigeria/living-wage-individual

2017 data showed that the top 1% earn a larger proportion of GDP than 50% of the entire population. I understand that this has worsened since then. https://wid.world/country/nigeria/

So in fact, the 30k the op described is far closer to the norm in Nigeria. It is hard to imagine but it does work. In fact based on income distribution ot HAS to! But as I said, the op is simply addressing the wrong audience and will get pushback - which is to be expected.

Regarding the PhD student. His global prospects will be determined by his age, university, and paper. Globally, a PhD has a better chance of qualifying for expert visas and foreign appointments. He is by no means limited to teaching.

there are many phd holders from the developing world driving taxi in canada

seriously speaking 30k cant do nothing in present day nigeria

for educated young guys, they should improve their income
Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by Yahksbiz(m): 7:35pm On Dec 30, 2019
Mgbadike80:
That mumu mindset is why we have so many overaged ladies in their late thirties and forties desperate to get married while been bitter with themselves and menfolk in general. It's like saying that if a lady is earning 30k or less monthly, she has no business getting married. Thank God that as a man, even in my late thirties, i can easily marry a lady of my choice and age. The selective ladies should enjoy their choices with the risks involved.

I think men also contribute to such problem.
I man would roam around trying to make a standerd life so as to provide a meaning life for marital issue.

Insteat of some men to go for a lady that will not wear them out they hunt for slay queen
Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by wizardus: 7:35pm On Dec 30, 2019
IyaTola:
After seeing the post https://www.nairaland.com/5456607/ladies-marry-guy-earns-n30k of a man earning 30k shouldn't consider marriage Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by ejitest1(m): 6:04pm On Oct 06 - felt I needed to post my opinion so others can learn.

If your idea of a good marraige is to get a man or woman with a good source of income from both parties and a comfortable lifestyle..

It's fine BUT>>>>

let me tell u the truth..

All those things can be wiped in days.. e.g job's good lifestyle wiped in a matter of days...

So what if he or she was a multi billionaire b4 you decided to marry them.

After few months or years, demons of parking everything appears and parks everything? Oh you forgot 1 bad loan gone south can cripple everything?

We focus on one thing, always related to money gain.. nobody talks about the spiritual aspect of marriage.. everyone always goes with - he must be working in shell or NNPC.. We have seen people who retired from those places and went back to square minus 0.

I told my sisters, never should a man bulk salary or business profits energize you to be a reason to want to marry him because if anything happens to that job or business - you will lose interests in the marriage - then divorce...

Marry a man who got a purpose, drive, vision, someone you can support to be something.. from scratch so that even if he crashed you can always advice him back to the top.

Those kinda marriages last long, majority of those men will love you till death.. even if they cheat, you will never find out... and they can never say "where were you wen I was building my wealth?"

When my uncle's friend (Now working in NNPC) a muslim was told to add another wife, I was in that room - he said in Hausa and I quote "you guys were not there when this lady (his wife) had to sell akara to sponsor his transport fares looking for jobs, so I don't want anyone competing Me with her."

If it was all about the money, you think faith Oyedepo would have married David Oyedepo? Am sure he wasn't seeing 30k monthly salary when he started Living faith church...

Btw, ladies - am not implying you should go marry a lazy broke man, rather marry a man who is starting little with dreams and strong visions, such that if everything crashed, he can pickup again and fight back.

True talk.. there should be signs of a man having a good sense of responsibility....finish o...

2 Likes

Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by Sunnyobums: 7:37pm On Dec 30, 2019
vickydankal:
Past few days has been funny, regarding age, financial stability and economic state a man must attain before talking marriage.

Let me tell a bit of myself. .....

I met my husband in his final year he promised me marriage after a year of service, his salary then was 10k, yes 10k. He proposed and engaged me in his mum's face me I slap you house. My family rejected him at first, because of his dressing, financial status and his house. No much property.

I saw a future with him we will build together, I saw myself as part of his vision builder. I knew my calling was to help him achieve his goals and vision thereby achieving mine.

It took 5 years of struggle, pains, mockery and frustration. But we remained together. Today to the glory of God there's a change of story. We literally feed and pay salary to many of our mockers then .

From mine experience, a good and faith woman has God given discernment to know men with future and also to know if they belong there.

30k is not too small to begin life, though many things must be taken into account. When to begin child birth, number of children, type of housing, property, savings, side hustles etc with wisdom, love, understanding and God's grace backing your efforts you will succeed just a matter of time., that's if you overcome association of village people on time. It is because of excess comfort on the side of the men before marriage that's why many men take their wives as part of their properties.

I have joint account with my husband, most of our major properties are written in both of our names. I have a say in the home, I have earned my dignity and respect. Through thick and thin, so no man can shuush me down. I paid the price in full.

I'm not saying we have achieved everything in my own marriage, I'm saying, if you see a man God fearing, with the qualities you want and with a vision that can house your own vision as a lady, it is not a bad idea. But be ready to be insulted, mocked by family and friends. Let down your guild and roll up your sleeves and work. Forget slay mama and slay queen did later in life. Pay the price...

Too much expectations has kept many unmarried for years. It is not too good to leave all the financial burdens of the home to the man. He is not God, if you are his help meet come low and help him and not expect range rover every birth day.
The amount of salary shouldn't be the only determinant factor. Leadership, management, self control and goals acccessment should be vital on both man and his wife.

Babe you are an inspiration and I'm quite pleased to know that we still have helpers in marriage like you that the bible talked about, thanks for believing in your hubby pre marriage, I admire your courage and I pray that God will continue to bless and uplift your marriage, remain blessed.

1 Like

Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by Arsenate(m): 7:38pm On Dec 30, 2019
Guys, what the ladies are saying is go and hustle and make money, and while you are at it, they'll be busy fckingg sugar daddies and big boys. When they men are done with them and no longer want their old asssses, they'll do you the favor (they'll still believe this) of handing over their wide STD-infected pvssy, saggy boobs, cellulite assss and worn out body for you to marry.

You are basically a retirement package for them. What a great deal for you.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by onadana: 7:39pm On Dec 30, 2019
lilwetdick:
this is just nonsense

this what i hate to read, the pity and emotional game, the story that everything can end just in a day.

getting rich and going broke is a process, it just not start and end in a day

but how can you be earning 30k and be in marriage.

i cant allow a man earning 30k to marry my sister..simple as abc

Getting rich and broke...that's crazy.Just like that.Dangote,Bill gates etc will go broke one day.How?.Never,N30,000 marriage no be must ok.
Re: Re: Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Earns N30k? by Ryan03(f): 7:41pm On Dec 30, 2019
zmpp:

nonsense person, keep forming what you are not. the same you who earns less than 47,000 naira and impregnated a lady, and manages to send 15, 000 naira to your poor mother every month, is here forming rich
I laugh you in Swahili. I do all that and yet I never lived in a face me I slap you house. At least I am not forming what I am not or did you see anywhere I typed that I am earning 100k/month? I earn 47k and I am proud if it, how much do you earn/month? Screenshot your acc balance and post it here, if you can't, just shut up and hide your smelling pussy

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (18) (Reply)

11 Things You Should Never Do To Please Your Woman / See How This Guy Punished Lady That Refused To Give Him Her Phone Number / My Dad Caught Me And A Girl Having Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.