Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,763 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:01 PM

Masquerades At Golibe Festival Onitsha (Photos) - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Masquerades At Golibe Festival Onitsha (Photos) (84116 Views)

Different Masquerades At The New Yam Festival Anambra State / Masquerades Seen Giving A Man Change After The Man Offered Them Money / 25 Most Popular Igbo Masquerades (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Masquerades At Golibe Festival Onitsha (Photos) by sgtponzihater1(m): 7:00pm On Dec 30, 2019
Arizona027:

You say una carry first for which culture??
Is Calabar no longer in Nigeria?

The self aggrandizement of most Igbos is appalling. In Rivers state alone, the cultural diversity is a beauty to great to imagine. Calabar is a no go area in terms of culture.

A money worshipping tribe, that have no abomination, and no real culture except doing the unimaginable for wealth suddenly comes out and claim to be custodians of culture.

3 Likes

Re: Masquerades At Golibe Festival Onitsha (Photos) by vincentjk(m): 7:00pm On Dec 30, 2019
ufondunenye:
Come to my village, Umuoji in Anambra state during their Uzo Iyi festival around February ,you will see this type of masquerade and the ones that pass this one plenty for there.

So why didn't you snap them abi na audio masquerade??
Re: Masquerades At Golibe Festival Onitsha (Photos) by Eazyll(m): 7:01pm On Dec 30, 2019
ghettokid1:
We igbos is blessed with everything.
Money we carry first!
Culture we carry first

Guy Sharap, igbo with mouth.....Remember igbo not richest in Nigeria and Africa

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Masquerades At Golibe Festival Onitsha (Photos) by Kokoebapluse(m): 7:02pm On Dec 30, 2019
ZombieTERROR:

Someone just killed his pregnant girlfriend with his mum and ate her heart .

Do you care to know where he's from

Yes they are from Christian and they did it in church. So?
Re: Masquerades At Golibe Festival Onitsha (Photos) by Klington: 7:03pm On Dec 30, 2019
una neva see wonder una dey shout
Re: Masquerades At Golibe Festival Onitsha (Photos) by bptc10: 7:07pm On Dec 30, 2019
you're the richest in Nigeria and Africa, Nkpi
Eazyll:

Guy Sharap, igbo with mouth.....Remember igbo not richest in Nigeria and Africa
Re: Masquerades At Golibe Festival Onitsha (Photos) by ZZ22: 7:07pm On Dec 30, 2019
ufondunenye:
Come to my village, Umuoji in Anambra state during their Uzo Iyi festival around February ,you will see this type of masquerade and the ones that pass this one plenty for there.
Uzoiyi is around March/April but I doubt you have the liver to come outside your house doing Uzoiyi.
Here In Uke Uzoiyi gathers more crowd and way celebrated than Christmas
Re: Masquerades At Golibe Festival Onitsha (Photos) by Sirevangel(m): 7:08pm On Dec 30, 2019
So chicken done turn masquerade, mad oooooo
Re: Masquerades At Golibe Festival Onitsha (Photos) by yarimo(m): 7:09pm On Dec 30, 2019
ghettokid1:
We igbos is blessed with everything.
Money we carry first!
Culture we carry first
kidnapping we carry first .
Arm robbery we carry first .
Blood money we carry first.
Winch we carry first.
Prostitution we still carry first

2 Likes

Re: Masquerades At Golibe Festival Onitsha (Photos) by kyuniii(m): 7:12pm On Dec 30, 2019
These are one of the beauty of been an African, we got them all ( rich culture, heritage, food, beautiful women) but full good leaders.
Re: Masquerades At Golibe Festival Onitsha (Photos) by Jaqenhghar: 7:14pm On Dec 30, 2019
Later you will hear that the masquerade went to drink big stout or thay SARS were beating the masquerade

[img]https://media1./images/bfcb305949e67e91f49af2eff0561507/tenor.gif?itemid=10358212[/img]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Masquerades At Golibe Festival Onitsha (Photos) by ufondunenye(f): 7:27pm On Dec 30, 2019
ZZ22:
Uzoiyi is around March/April but I doubt you have the liver to come outside your house doing Uzoiyi.
Here In Uke Uzoiyi gathers more crowd and way celebrated than Christmas
Jesus!!! I no fit try that kind play oo,all those Uke guys that there heart are always at there back during there Uzi Iyi.
And some will get mind go to that *Ositaosili
Re: Masquerades At Golibe Festival Onitsha (Photos) by jakandeola(m): 7:30pm On Dec 30, 2019
Preshy561:
Thanks dear. Wish you the best
thanks my beauty
Re: Masquerades At Golibe Festival Onitsha (Photos) by NNEWIsuper: 7:30pm On Dec 30, 2019
Onitsha people aren't Igbos...ask Abia1stson somalianprince he's so much aware
Re: Masquerades At Golibe Festival Onitsha (Photos) by ComeAndobo: 7:31pm On Dec 30, 2019
psychologist:
Most of Igbo masquerades are not always violent, they are usually beautifully adorned...

I Once came in close contact to one Yoruba masquerade, with their long wips

Guess what they were singing

"Esu teni emo oh re o teni eh mo"...I was like wtf grin

Igbo amaka

Hahahahah
Re: Masquerades At Golibe Festival Onitsha (Photos) by mofogmholu(m): 7:32pm On Dec 30, 2019
ghettokid1:
We igbos is blessed with everything. Money we carry first! Culture we carry first
"Pele"
Re: Masquerades At Golibe Festival Onitsha (Photos) by somalianprince: 7:34pm On Dec 30, 2019
NNEWIsuper:
Onitsha people aren't Igbos...ask Abia1stson somalianprince he's so much aware

Your Abia state is in ruins hahahaha

https://www.nairaland.com/5606158/abia-state-sewage-pit-toilet
Re: Masquerades At Golibe Festival Onitsha (Photos) by ufondunenye(f): 7:34pm On Dec 30, 2019
Samakus:

Chai! Ada Umuoji!! Umuoji na amakwa nma o.

Obum bee GI n' igwe ka anyi lua ofuma?

Lol, Ada Ide to be precise. grin angry
Mba oo, ebena muo.
Re: Masquerades At Golibe Festival Onitsha (Photos) by ufondunenye(f): 7:36pm On Dec 30, 2019
prciouschika:
Hope you will invite me ?

Lol, I'm not even around and won't be around that period. My bad. grin grin
Re: Masquerades At Golibe Festival Onitsha (Photos) by Nature8(m): 7:36pm On Dec 30, 2019
ghettokid1:
We igbos is blessed with everything. Money we carry first! Culture we carry first
cheesy
Re: Masquerades At Golibe Festival Onitsha (Photos) by ufondunenye(f): 7:37pm On Dec 30, 2019
OMANBALA1:

Oke Ada...Nwa Okodu kenelu.
Cc. ufondunenye
O' Nna oo, okenekwalu oo
Re: Masquerades At Golibe Festival Onitsha (Photos) by ZZ22: 7:42pm On Dec 30, 2019
ufondunenye:

Jesus!!! I no fit try that kind play oo,all those Uke guys that there heart are always at there back during there Uzi Iyi.
And some will get mind go to that *Ositaosili
haha you know ground well. Ositaosili na d meeting point for ise agba (ipia aluanyasi) Udo piawa m azu this year on top bike but that's the joy o.
Re: Masquerades At Golibe Festival Onitsha (Photos) by ufondunenye(f): 7:44pm On Dec 30, 2019
ZZ22:
haha you know ground well. Ositaosili na d meeting point for ise agba (ipia aluanyasi) Apiawa m azu this year on top bike but that's the joy o.
Hahahaha,chai! I pity that your back oo grin grin
Uke is like my second home,cos my grandma is from there.
*UbuluEnu.
Its trekable from my own villa.
Re: Masquerades At Golibe Festival Onitsha (Photos) by Blakjewelry(m): 7:52pm On Dec 30, 2019
psychologist:
Most of Igbo masquerades are not always violent, they are usually beautifully adorned...

Igbo amaka
I bet you have not been to some part of nsukka and meet the masquerade called oriokpa mind the spelling
Re: Masquerades At Golibe Festival Onitsha (Photos) by Babaken(m): 7:53pm On Dec 30, 2019
For the first picture Even the police is also wearing mask.
Re: Masquerades At Golibe Festival Onitsha (Photos) by Kennyswagzz: 7:54pm On Dec 30, 2019
landforeast:
Yoruba should come and see Mosquerades not the hungry looking idiot I used to see in Lagos. A Mosquerade will wear a Canvas and be begging for 20 naira. Igbos are not your mate.
inferority complex. EYO masquerade is more beautiful than this backward deity i am seeing here gringrin

1 Like

Re: Masquerades At Golibe Festival Onitsha (Photos) by Kennyswagzz: 7:56pm On Dec 30, 2019
Kenneth10110:

Yet they control the best business in your state and across the world. STOP Tribalism you won't go far with it
what business?
Re: Masquerades At Golibe Festival Onitsha (Photos) by OMANBALA1: 8:08pm On Dec 30, 2019
ufondunenye:

O' Nna oo, okenekwalu oo

Nwada na eli ukwu anu....Oga adili gi mma luo na ngwusi uwa. Ife eji malu Igwulube Okodu bu Omenana. Our Uzo-Iyi culture had spread to neighboring towns like Nkpor , Uke and Abatete....no yawaa , we are all brothers.

Cc. ufondunenye.

2 Likes

Re: Masquerades At Golibe Festival Onitsha (Photos) by Respect55(m): 8:13pm On Dec 30, 2019
optimus106:

Add blood money to your list...
Why not skull mining
Re: Masquerades At Golibe Festival Onitsha (Photos) by lexxo: 8:15pm On Dec 30, 2019
psychologist:

Igbo amaka
very funny abeg translate

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) / Ooni Of Ife Greets Femi Otedola By Stretching His Hands (Photo) / "Ooni Of Ife Is Oba Of Benin's Son,Not In The Same Class"-Bini Palace To Alake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.