Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,858 members, 7,806,429 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:29 PM

Notorious Insertion To The Bible 1 John 5 :7 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Notorious Insertion To The Bible 1 John 5 :7 (2624 Views)

37 Bibles That Removed "Trinity" Verse (1 John 5:7) From Their Translation. / Johannine Comma (1 John 5:7) / What You Need To Know About Confession Of Sins From 1 John 1:9 - Gabriel Okocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Notorious Insertion To The Bible 1 John 5 :7 by AntiChristian: 11:15am On Dec 31, 2019
Hey guys, here is an assignment for you

Open 1 John 5:7 in the KJV Bible and then other translations.

See the notorious fraud below:

King James Bible
For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

New International Version
For there are three that testify:

New Living Translation
So we have these three witnesses—

English Standard Version

Berean Study Bible

Berean Literal Bible
For there are three bearing testimony:

New American Standard Bible

Clarke's Commentary on the Bible says it is likely this verse is not genuine

But there's a curse in Revelations
Revelation 22:18-19
Nothing May Be Added
18 I testify to everyone who hears the words of prophecy in this book: If anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book. 19 And if anyone takes away from
the words of this book of prophecy, God will take away his share in the tree of life and in
the holy city, which are described in this book.

Fortran12, who will get this curse in Revelations now?

2 Likes

Re: Notorious Insertion To The Bible 1 John 5 :7 by fortran12: 2:31pm On Dec 31, 2019
AntiChristian:

King James Bible
For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

New Living Translation

English Standard Version

Berean Study Bible

Berean Literal Bible

Nothing May Be Added
18 I testify to everyone who hears the words of prophecy in this book: If anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book. 19 And if anyone takes away from
the words of this book of prophecy, God will take away his share in the tree of life and in

What is the point? The words? Or what? All the versions say the same thing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Notorious Insertion To The Bible 1 John 5 :7 by AntiChristian: 2:33pm On Dec 31, 2019
fortran12:

What is the point? The words? Or what? All the versions say the same thing

Read again! The King James Bible is different in a big way!
Re: Notorious Insertion To The Bible 1 John 5 :7 by fortran12: 2:55pm On Dec 31, 2019
AntiChristian:

Read again! The King James Bible is different in a big way!
#

The original text is in Greek, use that to translate not KJV. KJV is like any translation, it uses the words available in its time to translate, and not all Greek words used to be available in english.
Re: Notorious Insertion To The Bible 1 John 5 :7 by AntiChristian: 4:59pm On Dec 31, 2019
fortran12:
#

The original text is in Greek, use that to translate not KJV. KJV is like any translation, it uses the words available in its time to translate, and not all Greek words used to be available in english.

You mean the KJV has errors as the OP claimed?
Re: Notorious Insertion To The Bible 1 John 5 :7 by fortran12: 5:08pm On Dec 31, 2019
AntiChristian:

You mean the KJV has errors as the OP claimed?
i stll dont see any error, quote the verses side by side cos on my own translations they are all the same
Re: Notorious Insertion To The Bible 1 John 5 :7 by AntiChristian: 5:46pm On Dec 31, 2019
fortran12:

i stll dont see any error, quote the verses side by side cos on my own translations they are all the same

The OP quoted each version separately
Re: Notorious Insertion To The Bible 1 John 5 :7 by fortran12: 5:55pm On Dec 31, 2019
AntiChristian:

The OP quoted each version separately

In my bible everything is there. Do you mean why is not everything In verse 7?
If yes, the original text are not divided into chapters or verses. This was done to organise
Re: Notorious Insertion To The Bible 1 John 5 :7 by AntiChristian: 6:04pm On Dec 31, 2019
fortran12:

In my bible everything is there. Do you mean why is not everything In verse 7?
If yes, the original text are not divided into chapters or verses. This was done to organise

What are you saying?

Visit
https://biblehub.com/1_john/5-7.htm
Re: Notorious Insertion To The Bible 1 John 5 :7 by fortran12: 6:07pm On Dec 31, 2019
AntiChristian:

What are you saying?

Visit

Have you read the verse in question? You will. See you have no point. All the others translations you stated the next verse has the rest of the words. As I told u the original text is not in verses or chapters.
Re: Notorious Insertion To The Bible 1 John 5 :7 by malvisguy212: 7:47pm On Dec 31, 2019
AntiChristian:

What are you saying?

Visit
its has been there long time ago, its a case of some people who wrongly remove it. its not a 16th century addition, its been there from the start. a dear friend has laid this argument to rest here. https://www.nairaland.com/2937501/1-john-5-7-real

1 Like

Re: Notorious Insertion To The Bible 1 John 5 :7 by AntiChristian: 9:08pm On Dec 31, 2019
malvisguy212:
its has been there long time ago, its a case of some people who wrongly remove it. its not a 16th century addition, its been there from the start. a dear friend has laid this argument to rest here. https://www.nairaland.com/2937501/1-john-5-7-real

That was simply a copy and past from one website.

Here are the true facts from Bible commentaries

1. Pulpit Commentary
Verse 7. - For those who bear witness are three, and thus constitute full legal testimony (Deuteronomy 17:6 ; Deuteronomy 19:15 ;
Matthew 18:16 ; 2 Corinthians 13:1 ).It will be assumed here, without discussion, that the remainder of this verse and the first clause of verse 8 are spurious. Words which are not contained in a single Greek uncial manuscript, nor in a single Greek cursive earlier than the fourteenth century (the two which contain the passage being evidently translated from the Vulgate), nor are quoted by a single Greek Father during the whole of the Trinitarian controversy, nor are found in any authority until late in the fifth century, cannot be genuine.

Barnes' Notes on the Bible
The reasons which seem to me to prove that the passage included in brackets is spurious, and should not be regarded as a part of the inspired writings, are briefly the following:

I. It is missing in all the earlier Greek manuscripts, for it is found in no Greek manuscript written before the 16th century. Indeed, it is found in only two Greek manuscripts of any age - one the Codex Montfortianus, or Britannicus, written in the beginning of the sixteenth century, and the other the Codex Ravianus, which is a mere transcript of the text, taken partly from the third edition of Stephen's New Testament, and partly from the Complutensian Polyglott. But it is incredible that a genuine passage of the New Testament should be missing in all the early Greek manuscripts.

II. It is missing in the earliest versions, and, indeed, in a large part of the versions of the New Testament which have been made in all former times. It is wanting in both the Syriac versions - one of which was made probably in the first century; in the Coptic, Armenian, Slavonic, Ethiopic, and Arabic.

III. It is never quoted by the Greek fathers in their controversies on the doctrine of the Trinity - a passage which would be so much in point, and which could not have failed to be quoted if it were genuine; and it is not referred to by the Latin fathers until the time of Vigilius, at the end of the 5th century. If the passage were believed to be genuine - nay, if it were known at all to be in existence, and to have any probability in its favor - it is incredible that in all the controversies which occurred in regard to the divine nature, and in all the efforts to define the doctrine of the Trinity, this passage should never have been referred to. But it never was; for it must be plain to anyone who examines the subject with an unbiassed mind, that the passages which are relied on to prove that it was quoted by Athanasius, Cyprian, Augustin, etc., (Wetstein, II., p. 725) are not taken from this place, and are not such as they would have made if they had been acquainted with this passage, and had designed to quote it. IV. The argument against the passage from the external proof is confirmed by internal evidence, which makes it morally certain that it cannot be genuine...

1 Like

Re: Notorious Insertion To The Bible 1 John 5 :7 by Nobody: 6:20am On Jan 01, 2020
AntiChristian:

King James Bible

New Living Translation

English Standard Version

Berean Study Bible

Berean Literal Bible

Nothing May Be Added

Scriptures are simply words in book written by people led by the spirit of God,for proper understanding and full utilization of the bible you must be born again in the spirit and live in the leadership of God(JEHOVAH,I AM THAT I AM).Many are busy trying to destroy or rubbish the bible but forget that the meat of Christianity is not the bible but the spirit of Christ.For many will hear,read,listen to word of God but lack understanding and only see it as a mistake, foolishness or rubbish.
Re: Notorious Insertion To The Bible 1 John 5 :7 by AntiChristian: 8:11am On Jan 01, 2020
Viciheaka:

Scriptures are simply words in book written by people led by the spirit of God,for proper understanding and full utilization of the bible you must be born again in the spirit and live in the leadership of God(JEHOVAH,I AM THAT I AM).Many are busy trying to destroy or rubbish the bible but forget that the meat of Christianity is not the bible but the spirit of Christ.For many will hear,read,listen to word of God but lack understanding and only see it as a mistake, foolishness or rubbish.

Stop being dumb and pretending there's any holy spirit somewhere! The Bible scholars agreed that the verse was inserted by the people you claim are being led by the holy spirit while writing!

Stop the recurring nonsense please I beg you.
Re: Notorious Insertion To The Bible 1 John 5 :7 by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jan 01, 2020
AntiChristian:

Stop being dumb and pretending there's any holy spirit somewhere! The Bible scholars agreed that the verse was inserted by the people you claim are being led by the holy spirit while writing!

Stop the recurring nonsense please I beg you.
It will remain nonsense to you Sir because wisdom of God is far from you,you are not one of us you are of the world you came from the sea continue in your deception its part of the show fly on
Re: Notorious Insertion To The Bible 1 John 5 :7 by sulasa07(m): 3:22pm On Jan 01, 2020
Viciheaka:

It will remain nonsense to you Sir because wisdom of God is far from you,you are not one of us you are of the world you came from the sea continue in your deception its part of the show fly on
When a Muslim tell you are an infidel and hell is your abode,you will start crying now.���
Re: Notorious Insertion To The Bible 1 John 5 :7 by AntiChristian: 3:46pm On Jan 01, 2020
Viciheaka:

That's why you will always be deceived.

Open your Bible you can't!

Check online Bible you can't.

And you keep arguing blindly.

I tire o!
Re: Notorious Insertion To The Bible 1 John 5 :7 by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jan 01, 2020
AntiChristian:

King James Bible

New Living Translation

English Standard Version

Berean Study Bible

Berean Literal Bible

Nothing May Be Added

The translators of the KJV crookedly inserted those additional words to support their TRINITY doctrine.

While translators of other versions copied from older texts and discovered many discrepancies of the KJV translators!

You can also check @
Matthew 17:21
Mark 9:44,46

The Bible has survived many malicious attacks ranging from disguised enemies to furious ones!

But the book survived them all that's why you're noticing the discovered hidden secrets of God's enemies who were wolves in sheep clothing.

So if you're willing to know more feel free to call your Jehovah's Witness friend, he will give you more information regarding this.

I was a Muslim before converting to Jehovah's Witnesses, all these secrets i learnt from them!

Satan used the concept of "if you can't beat them,join them" {Matthew 13:24-30} that's why all these different religions claiming Christians failed woefully to meet up with the challenge of true Christianity like preaching, teaching and forming a global family of peace loving worshippers that Jesus fervently prayed for! John 17:20-23

All those other versions are the works of translators who migrated to America when the persecution in Europe was intense. Jehovah's Witnesses also emerged from America, our own translation is called New Word Translation of the Holy Scriptures and today we are the one and only group that successfully meet up with the requirements of true Christianity!

Thanks!
Re: Notorious Insertion To The Bible 1 John 5 :7 by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jan 01, 2020
AntiChristian:

That's why you will always be deceived.

Open your Bible you can't!

Check online Bible you can't.

And you keep arguing blindly.

I tire o!
U av tire my bro if you are an elect in no distant time you too will understand
Re: Notorious Insertion To The Bible 1 John 5 :7 by AntiChristian: 7:32pm On Jan 03, 2020
Viciheaka:

U av tire my bro if you are an elect in no distant time you too will understand

Only an elect can understand? OK
Re: Notorious Insertion To The Bible 1 John 5 :7 by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jan 03, 2020
AntiChristian:

Only an elect can understand? OK
Yeah but you can go on with what you are doing it's all to the Glory of God no matter the amount of words I type it won't change you may be its your destiny so go on
Re: Notorious Insertion To The Bible 1 John 5 :7 by AntiChristian: 9:00pm On Jan 03, 2020
Viciheaka:

Yeah but you can go on with what you are doing it's all to the Glory of God no matter the amount of words I type it won't change you may be its your destiny so go on

OK.
Re: Notorious Insertion To The Bible 1 John 5 :7 by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jan 03, 2020
AntiChristian:

OK.
Thanks bro pls I remain your friend in fact your questions will continue to motivate me to study my bible,defend my faith perfectly and also have examples to give or instances when am preaching the gospel of Christ
Re: Notorious Insertion To The Bible 1 John 5 :7 by AntiChristian: 9:07pm On Jan 03, 2020
Viciheaka:

Thanks bro pls I remain your friend in fact your questions will continue to motivate me to study my bible,defend my faith perfectly and also have examples to give or instances when am preaching the gospel of Christ

Gospel of Paul!
Re: Notorious Insertion To The Bible 1 John 5 :7 by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jan 03, 2020
AntiChristian:

Gospel of Paul!
*laughs nope gospel of christ
Re: Notorious Insertion To The Bible 1 John 5 :7 by Daejoyoung: 10:03pm On Jan 03, 2020
Maximus69:

The translators of the KJV crookedly inserted those additional words to support their TRINITY doctrine.

While translators of other versions copied from older texts and discovered many discrepancies of the KJV translators!

You can also check @
Matthew 17:21
Mark 9:44,46

The Bible has survived many malicious attacks ranging from disguised enemies to furious ones!

But the book survived them all that's why you're noticing the discovered hidden secrets of God's enemies who were wolves in sheep clothing.

So if you're willing to know more feel free to call your Jehovah's Witness friend, he will give you more information regarding this.

I was a Muslim before converting to Jehovah's Witnesses, all these secrets i learnt from them!

Satan used the concept of "if you can't beat them,join them" {Matthew 13:24-30} that's why all these different religions claiming Christians failed woefully to meet up with the challenge of true Christianity like preaching, teaching and forming a global family of peace loving worshippers that Jesus fervently prayed for! John 17:20-23

All those other versions are the works of translators who migrated to America when the persecution in Europe was intense. Jehovah's Witnesses also emerged from America, our own translation is called New Word Translation of the Holy Scriptures and today we are the one and only group that successfully meet up with the requirements of true Christianity!

Thanks!
This is slightly off topic, but l am curious at why you quoted Mark 9v44, 46. l don't know if it is also an insertion, but l don't think that passage in Mark is teaching about Hellfire. l know you, just like other jw's are against the hell fire doctrine, but the doctrine of hell has not been the only belief in christendom.

Note that there are three different views about the afterlife that are interpreted from new testament writings:

1) Eternal Hellfire( View of mainstream christianity)
2) Annihilation ( views of jehovah witnesses and some other Christians)
3) Universalism ( view of church fathers like Origien, Gregory of Nissa, and a few other early xtians, even some xtians today).
Re: Notorious Insertion To The Bible 1 John 5 :7 by AntiChristian: 6:58am On Jan 04, 2020
Viciheaka:
*laughs nope gospel of christ
Christ got no Gospel!
Re: Notorious Insertion To The Bible 1 John 5 :7 by Nobody: 7:48am On Jan 04, 2020
Daejoyoung:

This is slightly off topic, but l am curious at why you quoted Mark 9v44, 46. l don't know if it is also an insertion, but l don't think that passage in Mark is teaching about Hellfire. l know you, just like other jw's are against the hell fire doctrine, but the doctrine of hell has not been the only belief in christendom.

Note that there are three different views about the afterlife that are interpreted from new testament writings:

1) Eternal Hellfire( View of mainstream christianity)
2) Annihilation ( views of jehovah witnesses and some other Christians)
3) Universalism ( view of church fathers like Origien, Gregory of Nissa, and a few other early xtians, even some xtians today).

You only need to study your Bible cover to cover carefully!
It's misinterpretation that led many into thinking that God will change his purpose for creating humans.
We were created to live on this planet FOREVER! Psalms 37:29 compared to 115:16

But rebellious humans will continue to cause havoc so God promised to return such ones to nonexistence! Psalm 9:17, Proverbs 2:20-22 compared to Genesis 3:17-19

Any other belief contrary to this is born out of misconception of PARABLES Jesus used in the Christian Greek Scriptures (New Testament).

Jesus thought his listeners with PARABLES { Matthew 13:3} God's prophets of old foretells that the Messiah (Christ) will teach people so many things but with PARABLES (illustrations or riddles)! Psalms 78:2

So from Matthew to Revelations was all the result of Jesus' teachings {Hebrew 1:1} God did this to hide sacred secrets from Satan so that the TRUTH will stand out out of all the religions Satan planted {Matthew 13:5}.

Today all the false religions fabricated by Satan are buried in confusion due to the introduction of PARABLES by our wonderful counselor! Isaiah 9:6 cheesy

That's why Muslims who also stem from the root of Satan's fabrications can't explain how Hellfire came into existence! cheesy
You will notice that they're vehemently against the New Testament (the only part they can quote in the Bible to support Hellfire) Well that's how smarter Jesus is than the Devil! wink
Re: Notorious Insertion To The Bible 1 John 5 :7 by Nobody: 8:25am On Jan 04, 2020
AntiChristian:

Christ got no Gospel!

Of course he had!

The fact that he never penned down anything doesn't implies he had no Gospel, note that all the four gospel writers were WITNESSES of just one Teacher (Jesus)! Act 1:8

So who owns those gospels, the students (who wrote it) or their teacher (the main subject)? cheesy
Re: Notorious Insertion To The Bible 1 John 5 :7 by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jan 04, 2020
AntiChristian:

Christ got no Gospel!

Do you know wat gospel is?
Re: Notorious Insertion To The Bible 1 John 5 :7 by AntiChristian: 3:37pm On Jan 04, 2020
Viciheaka:
Do you know wat gospel is?
I don't know! Tell me what it means.
Re: Notorious Insertion To The Bible 1 John 5 :7 by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jan 04, 2020
AntiChristian:

I don't know! Tell me what it means.
It means message
So am not preaching the message of Paul but of christ

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Evangelist Eucharia Anunobi fights Pastor Inside Church Oversermon Topic / Do Catholics Believe In Prophecy, Tongues & The Holy Spirit? / Crossing The Red Sea Explained. No Divine Intervention.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.