Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,796 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:00 PM

My Girlfriend Family Rejects Me Because I'm Disabled - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend Family Rejects Me Because I'm Disabled (71277 Views)

Should I Help my Ex girlfriend family? / She Said She Can't Date Me Because "I'm Too Clean". What Do I Do? / Man Gets A New Car From His Girlfriend's Family For Being Awesome (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Girlfriend Family Rejects Me Because I'm Disabled by empirebosscrew: 5:58pm On Dec 31, 2019
Good day everybody. So I have lived with poliomelythis for more than two decades now. I have strived so much to achieve alot for myself because I never allowed my situation deter me from achieving my goals in life.

Everything has been going on smoothly: Education up to MSc level, a job, a car and things a man can acquire and say he has reached a level of comfort.

The one thing I'm yet to get is to be in a stable relationship. 99% of the girls I've dated never took me serious and we never lasted long. Some will even take advantage to chop my money and bail after a while. It got to a point I had a bitter negative stereotype thinking all women are mainly out there to exploit a man.

It wasnt until earlier this year when I met someone who changed the horoscope. Like she is so down to earth and actually loved me for me, without even looking at my paralysis. Things were going smoothly until she started becoming aggressive and emotional over little issues.

It took a while but she was able to open up to let me know how her family vehemently told her they dont want to see her with someone like me. They also threatened to disown her if she insisted on being with me.

Currently, we decided to stop seeing each other for the sake of peace to reign in her family. We do keep communication on a 100. We both love each other genuinely and we do not want us to split just like that.

What do we do?

92 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Family Rejects Me Because I'm Disabled by empirebosscrew: 6:07pm On Dec 31, 2019

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Family Rejects Me Because I'm Disabled by Jodha(f): 6:07pm On Dec 31, 2019
This is really sad....Have yhu met her parents one on one...? If No ..I think yhu should meet them and show them yhur "ability" that yhu can take care of their daughter...and that yhu love each other so much...

If they're still adamant ..then I'm afraid there's nothing much yhu can do ..other than pray....if she's truly yhur wife...God should preserve her for yhu...

On the other hand yhur gf is a grown ass woman and the ball is totally in her court....She has to decide if she's ready to take a bold step like an adult and stick with it...
Her parents are not the one to marry her...neither are they going to stay in the marriage with her..

She's the one wearing the shoe and she should know where it's itching her from...

Just talk to her...Asin heart to heart...pray about it...and leave everything in God's hands...

If she's not yhur wife let her go...yhull find someone better...

308 Likes 19 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Family Rejects Me Because I'm Disabled by Nobody: 6:10pm On Dec 31, 2019
Sorry.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Family Rejects Me Because I'm Disabled by empirebosscrew: 6:10pm On Dec 31, 2019
Jodha:
This is really sad....Have yhu met her parents one on one...? If No ..I think yhu should meet them and show them yhur "ability" that yhu can take care of their daughter...and that yhu love each other so much...

If they're still adamant ..then I'm afraid there's nothing much yhu can do ..other than pray....if she's truly yhur wife...God should preserve her for yhu...

On the other hand yhur gf is a grown ass woman and the ball is totally in her court....She has to decide if she's ready to take a bold step like an adult and stick with it...
Her parents are not the one to marry her...neither are they going to stay in the marriage with her..

She's the one wearing the shoe and she should know where it's itching her from...

Just talk to her...Asin heart to heart...pray about it...and leave everything in God's hands...

If she's not yhur wife let her go...yhull find someone better...

I met her father. He didnt seem to have problems with me. It was after the meeting that I discovered her mother is the main issue to contend, who is not backing down on her stand. Well all i am doing for the lady is to encourage her and go for what she wants. Las las if we are meant to be together, nothing will stop it

181 Likes 10 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Family Rejects Me Because I'm Disabled by Jodha(f): 6:14pm On Dec 31, 2019
empirebosscrew:

I met her father. He didnt seem to have problems with me. It was after the meeting that I discovered her mother is the main issue to contend, who is not backing down on her stand. Well all i am doing for the lady is to encourage her and go for what she wants. Las las if we are meant to be together, nothing will stop it

If the mother is the only issue...there shouldn't be much problems nah... She should focus more on totally convincing her father..

He's obviously the head of the family...and if he's ready to make a stand... it's a done deal...

Exactly if yhu guys are meant to be together nothing will stop it...but that doesn't mean yhu won't fight for eachother...

It's just an obstacle... it'll pass

195 Likes 9 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Family Rejects Me Because I'm Disabled by amiibaby(f): 6:16pm On Dec 31, 2019
Sorry it’s there loss

6 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Family Rejects Me Because I'm Disabled by Offpoint: 6:16pm On Dec 31, 2019
Let the rich get married to the rich
let the poor get married to the poor
and let the disable get married to the disable...

Stigmatization has been part of humanity since God knows when.

The world will never accept your indifferences, no matter how hard you'll try.
You have to realize this else you'll constantly hurt yourself.

We live in a world where by:
Graduates believe they're of more important than non graduate.

Uni grad believe they're of more important than Poly grad.

Rich believe they're of more important than the poor.

The whites believe they're better than the blacks

The tall believe they have more advantages of getting laid than the shorts.

The fair skin believe they're more attractive than the brown skin.

The long dîcks believe they can please women than the short dîcks.

let me stop here, conclusion is we live in a fück up world.
I realized this long ago and I've stop giving a fück about people.

If they denied you their daughter, look else where... women ain't gold, they're everywhere like MTN network.

You can never be accepted by all

536 Likes 56 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Family Rejects Me Because I'm Disabled by Fisher007: 6:16pm On Dec 31, 2019
Deep

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Family Rejects Me Because I'm Disabled by superior1: 6:16pm On Dec 31, 2019
God just saved you from marrying the wrong person, shift forward, your own woman go come around

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Family Rejects Me Because I'm Disabled by amiibaby(f): 6:16pm On Dec 31, 2019
Both are important
Jodha:

If the mother is the only issue...there shouldn't be much problems nah... She should focus more on totally convincing her father..

He's obviously the head of the family...and if he's ready to make a stand... it's a done deal...

Exactly if yhu guys are meant to be together nothing will stop it...but that doesn't mean yhu won't fight for eachother...

15 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Family Rejects Me Because I'm Disabled by DonFreshmoney(m): 6:16pm On Dec 31, 2019
So what do you want us to do?? Give you our sisters or what?

My guy go sit down one side..

10 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Family Rejects Me Because I'm Disabled by pansophist(m): 6:17pm On Dec 31, 2019
DonFreshmoney:

You are stu.pid

335 Likes 16 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Family Rejects Me Because I'm Disabled by SavageResponse(m): 6:17pm On Dec 31, 2019
Sofistcatdmoron:
since the family of the girl doesnt support your union with her, is better to quit anything with her because family ia the bedrock of everyfamily las las,,

Do what this guy says

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Family Rejects Me Because I'm Disabled by kellight(m): 6:17pm On Dec 31, 2019
Na wha ooo..... Take heart

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Family Rejects Me Because I'm Disabled by BigSarah(f): 6:17pm On Dec 31, 2019
Your only option is a mail order bride , yes you read right.... Leave the young lady only, the argument you are having is not only borne out of her parents pressure, but the psychological impact of having to live with a paralyzed man.
There's no fun in paralysis, I pray God makes you whole since there's nothing he can't do.

Why the insultive mentions?, not necessary nice!!

3 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Family Rejects Me Because I'm Disabled by Kobicove(m): 6:17pm On Dec 31, 2019
Jodha:

If you can't get the mother on your side then you should forget the relationship

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Family Rejects Me Because I'm Disabled by GoodGirl2021: 6:18pm On Dec 31, 2019
H
Re: My Girlfriend Family Rejects Me Because I'm Disabled by ruggedtimi(m): 6:18pm On Dec 31, 2019
So sad bro, Keep pushing and you will find the right person for you

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Family Rejects Me Because I'm Disabled by Elove1: 6:18pm On Dec 31, 2019
Bro i can feel your pains
Advice i will give you on this, is to pregnant the gal.
I believe this will end all the talks and argument.

32 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Family Rejects Me Because I'm Disabled by pejuakinab: 6:18pm On Dec 31, 2019
Able God will make U able

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Family Rejects Me Because I'm Disabled by Nobody: 6:19pm On Dec 31, 2019
what do you expect

people lets be realistic in this poor country we are

they are considering the fact that you will be a dependent instead of a provider

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Family Rejects Me Because I'm Disabled by abuhusna1: 6:19pm On Dec 31, 2019
DonFreshmoney:

You too harsh and u no get joy

74 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Family Rejects Me Because I'm Disabled by Spar7tan(m): 6:19pm On Dec 31, 2019
This is how some parents will do and totally destroy the future of their daughters all because a guy is disable...

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Family Rejects Me Because I'm Disabled by yemifez: 6:19pm On Dec 31, 2019
DonFreshmoney:

Sorry to quote you but this doesn't sound nice

65 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Family Rejects Me Because I'm Disabled by franchasng: 6:20pm On Dec 31, 2019
cry cry
Re: My Girlfriend Family Rejects Me Because I'm Disabled by czarr(m): 6:20pm On Dec 31, 2019
You'll be together las las
Re: My Girlfriend Family Rejects Me Because I'm Disabled by Cryomancer: 6:21pm On Dec 31, 2019
A full picture of you will help us analyze the situation better and know whether the girl's family is just overreacting.

Nobody should quote me please.... I'm not feeling fine.

16 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Family Rejects Me Because I'm Disabled by ufinity(m): 6:21pm On Dec 31, 2019
Are you actually like this in real life?
DonFreshmoney:

66 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Family Rejects Me Because I'm Disabled by Debaiz: 6:21pm On Dec 31, 2019
Too bad

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Family Rejects Me Because I'm Disabled by Sofistcatdmoron: 6:21pm On Dec 31, 2019
since the family of the girl doesnt support your union with her, is better to quit anything with her because family is the bedrock of every family las las,,

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

24 Kenyan Students Have 'Sex Party', Arrested By Police (Photos) / My Mother Rejected Her. But I Impregnated Her And Aborted It / Dangerous Mistakes Most Guys Make About Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.