Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,801 members, 7,806,230 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:18 PM

Poverty Level Expected To Increase In South East As Budget Is Further Slashed - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Poverty Level Expected To Increase In South East As Budget Is Further Slashed (3024 Views)

June 12 Protests: Calm In South-East As South-West Boils / APC Rejected In The South East As PMB Enugu Campaign Rally Flops / FG Dismisses Global Report On Nigeria’s Poverty Level (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Poverty Level Expected To Increase In South East As Budget Is Further Slashed by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 7:02pm On Dec 31, 2019
[s]
YungMillionaire:

Okay. But this has been going on since the inception of NL. Do you really think these bigots will learn? Honestly, if I am Igbo I would not only like Yorubas - I will love them. Yorubas are the ONLY Nigerians that returned Igbo properties after the war. Even the so called Igboid groups refused. And I laugh when Igbos say SS/SE...truth of the matter is Igbo distrust is very very deep in SS. Personally I have seen it in many occasion. While I think this distrust is illogical, I think some Igbos are not helping matters.

Anyway, you people can continue to 2020. As for me the unity of the South is the most important thing in 2020
[/s]
Re: Poverty Level Expected To Increase In South East As Budget Is Further Slashed by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 7:03pm On Dec 31, 2019
[s]
Osaze007:

Yes I’m from obomosho
Osu member
[/s]
Re: Poverty Level Expected To Increase In South East As Budget Is Further Slashed by wingmanIII: 7:11pm On Dec 31, 2019
YungMillionaire:
Guy I am not Igbo (I am Itshekiri) but I notice you have been opening threads about Igbos lately. I suspect from your name you are Edo. My question is what did Igbos do to you?

He is not Edo. A very shameless Afonja on the verge of full blown madness

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poverty Level Expected To Increase In South East As Budget Is Further Slashed by BeerParlour: 7:16pm On Dec 31, 2019

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Poverty Level Expected To Increase In South East As Budget Is Further Slashed by Osaze007: 7:19pm On Dec 31, 2019
wingmanIII:

He is not Edo. A very shameless Afonja on the verge of full blown madness

Afonga from obomosho
I’m a full blooded ESAN man sorry it pains you

2 Likes

Re: Poverty Level Expected To Increase In South East As Budget Is Further Slashed by BeerParlour: 7:26pm On Dec 31, 2019
Osaze007:

Yes I’m from obomosho
Osu member

Yorubastard

Grow up

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poverty Level Expected To Increase In South East As Budget Is Further Slashed by BeerParlour: 7:29pm On Dec 31, 2019
Osaze007:

Afonga from obomosho

What is ESAN pls

4 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Poverty Level Expected To Increase In South East As Budget Is Further Slashed by Henry22(m): 7:29pm On Dec 31, 2019
All I read here is nothing but a reflection of bitterness and pain

Ibo ppl no get time for una cos right now almost 70% of ibos are in the Southeast enjoying themselves spending quality time with family and friends....... No time for bad energy grin
You guys can sholve ur budget up ur assess grin

And if you can just put ur bitterness aside and click on the link below u will see the reason why ibos don't really give a fuccckiing......

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/12/s-east-makes-progress-on-self-devt-rail-network/

1 Like

Re: Poverty Level Expected To Increase In South East As Budget Is Further Slashed by BeerParlour: 7:31pm On Dec 31, 2019

3 Likes

Re: Poverty Level Expected To Increase In South East As Budget Is Further Slashed by Anambralstson: 7:32pm On Dec 31, 2019
[s]
Osaze007:
Nigeria expects more Ibo economic refugees due to clueless leadership they have slashed their budget by almost 100bn

Bringing the total budget of the poverty stricken region to a partly 800BN
Rivers and Ogun state effectively have a higher budget than the entire south east

- This raised concerns about the states' intention to pay the new minimum wage

- A total of 16 states including Lagos, Cross Rivers and others increased their 2020 budgets cumulatively by N855 billion

Twenty states of the federation have slashed their 2020 budgets, despite the agreement on the payment of N30,000 minimum wage in 2020, an analysis by Daily Trust has indicated.

Recall that the federal government had finalised the new minimum wage agreements with the organised labour, leaving states to meet with the respective labour leaders in their states to discuss their peculiarities.

Though the report stated that the affected states slashed their budgets in line with the prevailing economic realities, the reduction in the budgets raises concerns over how they intend to pay the new minimum wage.

Meanwhile, barely 48 hours to the expiration of the December 31, 2019 deadline issued by the Nigeria Labour Congress to states to complete all negotiations regarding the new minimum wage, only Lagos, Kaduna and Kebbi have reportedly presented their offers.

New minimum wage: Governors rush to meet deadline as states that won't comply emerge
Labour also said that out of the three states that released their minimum wage offers, only Lagos state's offer was accepted, stating that the other two were rejected for being inadequate.

It added that only about six state governments are currently negotiating with their respective state chapters of the NLC while over 20 others have yet to begin negotiations with the labour union.

The cumulative reduction by the 19 states and the FCT amounted to N733 billion which is reportedly 16% decrease.

On the contrary, 16 states increased their 2020 budgets cumulatively by N855 billion, 19.9% increase.

https://www.legit.ng/1288567-despite-minimum-wage-agreement-20-states-reduce-2020-budgets-by-n733bn.html
[/s]

Ignorant mind your region is known for quoting bogus figures, na to fund the budget matters most, majority of your states ranked low in sustainability index

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poverty Level Expected To Increase In South East As Budget Is Further Slashed by Henry22(m): 7:37pm On Dec 31, 2019
Anambralstson:
[s][/s]

Ignorant mind your region is known for quoting bogus figures, na to fund the budget matters most, majority of your states ranked low in sustainability index

Fowl get plenty feather no mean se the meat go full pot,
Don't mind the bitter waste grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poverty Level Expected To Increase In South East As Budget Is Further Slashed by LabDNA: 7:40pm On Dec 31, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
The useless one on nairaland will not channel their energy on something meaningful. Instead sarrki buhariadvocate is their problem. Hold your governors accountable.

Adaojo, who are you holding responsible for your own personal poverty as we have seen in your ugly pictures? grin

1 Like

Re: Poverty Level Expected To Increase In South East As Budget Is Further Slashed by Anambralstson: 7:44pm On Dec 31, 2019
Yoruba Elders

4 Likes

Re: Poverty Level Expected To Increase In South East As Budget Is Further Slashed by Henry22(m): 7:47pm On Dec 31, 2019
Anambralstson:
Yoruba Elders

What can I say? grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poverty Level Expected To Increase In South East As Budget Is Further Slashed by horsepower101: 7:48pm On Dec 31, 2019
South west has the highest children with stunted growth due to malnutrition after Boko haram infested north east.

This is according to unicef.

http://saharareporters.com/2018/02/27/south-west-has-second-highest-number-stunted-children-nigeria-unicef

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poverty Level Expected To Increase In South East As Budget Is Further Slashed by wingmanIII: 7:50pm On Dec 31, 2019
Osaze007:

Afonga from obomosho

Yes, I get pained when I see stupidity in a huge proportion.
If you like use odion as your username, i know you are an Afonja.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poverty Level Expected To Increase In South East As Budget Is Further Slashed by jimyjames(m): 7:52pm On Dec 31, 2019
Porvety has turned the ooni of ife to a runway model catwalking hahah

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poverty Level Expected To Increase In South East As Budget Is Further Slashed by Osaze007: 7:52pm On Dec 31, 2019
Loooool
I pointed out the poverty level and all I see here is Igbo throwing insults left and right with no concrete response to tackle how poverty is about to hit them hard 2020

1 Like

Re: Poverty Level Expected To Increase In South East As Budget Is Further Slashed by Henry22(m): 7:53pm On Dec 31, 2019
pls o this is not from any blog in the Southeast it's straight from UNICEF......and their own son @Sahara reporters even concour......

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poverty Level Expected To Increase In South East As Budget Is Further Slashed by Osaze007: 7:53pm On Dec 31, 2019
Anambralstson:
[s][/s]

Yaawwwwwwwwwwnnn
Re: Poverty Level Expected To Increase In South East As Budget Is Further Slashed by Henry22(m): 7:57pm On Dec 31, 2019
Osaze007:
Loooool
I pointed out the poverty level and all I see here is Igbo throwing insults left and right with no concrete response to tackle how poverty is about to hit them hard 2020

Have you taken time to also check the level of stunted growths in the southwest due to poverty? If your reply is no then I advise u do, u will seriously be amazed grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poverty Level Expected To Increase In South East As Budget Is Further Slashed by Osaze007: 7:58pm On Dec 31, 2019
Henry22:

Have you taken time to also check the level of stunted growths in the southwest due to poverty? If your reply is no then I advise u do, u will seriously be amazed grin

As usual no response to original quote
Re: Poverty Level Expected To Increase In South East As Budget Is Further Slashed by Anambralstson: 7:59pm On Dec 31, 2019
Osaze007:
Loooool
Not quoting high figures na funding, your region ranked poor is sustainability only Lagos and Ogun, others are in bottom with northern states

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poverty Level Expected To Increase In South East As Budget Is Further Slashed by Osaze007: 8:01pm On Dec 31, 2019
Anambralstson:

Not quoting high figures na funding, your region ranked poor is sustainability only Lagos and Ogun, others are in bottom with northern states

As usual no response to what was mentioned
Only cooked statistics by you grin

3 Likes

Re: Poverty Level Expected To Increase In South East As Budget Is Further Slashed by Henry22(m): 8:02pm On Dec 31, 2019
Osaze007:

As usual no response to original quote

Oh u want me to respond to a tribalistic post? When u dance to d sounds of drums coming from a mad man u automatically become mad as d drumer

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Poverty Level Expected To Increase In South East As Budget Is Further Slashed by Anambralstson: 8:07pm On Dec 31, 2019
Osaze007:

As usual no response to what was mentioned
Only cooked statistics by you grin
Keep fooling yourself as usual

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Poverty Level Expected To Increase In South East As Budget Is Further Slashed by Osaze007: 8:12pm On Dec 31, 2019
Anambralstson:

Keep fooling yourself as usual

How are you sorting the poverty level about to hit igbo land hard in 2020

Respond to that and stop showing another list with Lagos on top
Re: Poverty Level Expected To Increase In South East As Budget Is Further Slashed by FEGNO: 9:18pm On Dec 31, 2019
I HAVE OBSERVED WITH TREPIDATION THE DISCORD AND INSULTS BEING TRADED AMONGST THE IBO'S AND YORUBA'S. YET, BEYOND THE RABBLE, THE INTELLIGENTSIA AMONGST THE TWO GROUPS UNDERSTAND WITHOUT ANY IOTA OF DOUBT THAT THE SITUATION AS CURRENTLY PERSISTING ONLY BENEFITS THE NORTHERN OLIGARCHY. TRUTH BE TOLD, NIGERIA AS CURRENTLY CONSTITUTED ONLY BENEFITS THE NORTH AND IS UNSUSTAINABLE. IF THIS REMAINS, WHETHER WE LIKE IT OR NOT, THINGS WILL COME TO A HEAD SOON. IT ALSO SEEMS TO ME THAT THE YORUBAS ERRONEOUSLY BELIVE THAT THEY ARE PART AND PARCEL OF THIS ADMINISTRATION.
BUT THE STRUGGLEID FOR THINGS MORE ENDURING THAN WHO IS AT THE HELM AT ANY POINT IT TIME. IT IS ABOUT A WELL STRUCTURED COUNTRY, SELF DETERMINATION IN MATTERS THAT AFFECT ONE. AND MOST IMPORTANTLYA TRUE FEDERALISM. CAN WE PLEASE FOING INTO THE NEW YEAR SEEK FOR WAYS TO WORK TOGETHER FOR A COMMON PURPOSE. THAT IS MY PLEA PLEASE.
Re: Poverty Level Expected To Increase In South East As Budget Is Further Slashed by YungMillionaire: 9:33pm On Dec 31, 2019
BeerParlour:

Yesterday you're from Akwaibom, today you're Insekiri, tomorrow you're Yoruba
No carry this kind life enter 2020
Okay guy I am actually from Sambisa forest whatever you say. I no get your time this 2020 eve.
Re: Poverty Level Expected To Increase In South East As Budget Is Further Slashed by Foxman19: 9:45pm On Dec 31, 2019
Let me tell you a secret. The guy you quoted is one of the young nairalander millionaire. I got my current job through him.
Watch your mouth and be respectful Because you don't know who is who . You see the pic one idiot posted there that's not buhariadvocate.
LabDNA:

Adaojo, who are you holding responsible for your own personal poverty as we have seen in your ugly pictures? grin
Re: Poverty Level Expected To Increase In South East As Budget Is Further Slashed by slimderek(m): 9:47pm On Dec 31, 2019
YungMillionaire:
Guy I am not Igbo (I am Itshekiri) but I notice you have been opening threads about Igbos lately. I suspect from your name you are Edo. My question is what did Igbos do to you?
That guy is not from Edo state.
I can bet my balls, he’s a Yoruba man masquerading as an Edo man.
No true Edo son would create so many threads attacking the Igbos
Re: Poverty Level Expected To Increase In South East As Budget Is Further Slashed by BuhariAdvocate: 9:50pm On Dec 31, 2019
Please you dont have to reply these kids leave them .
Foxman19:
Let me tell you a secret. The guy you quoted is one of the young nairalander millionaire. I got my current job through him.
Watch your mouth and be respectful Because you don't know who is who . You see the pic one idiot posted there that's not buhariadvocate.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Breaking: All Senators Past And Present Have Endorsed Obaseki / People Of Orji In Owerri, Interacting And Praising Unknown Gunmen, ( Video) / Glo Blocks Youtube, Google Play Store, Along With Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.