Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,479 members, 7,808,748 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:13 PM

My Wife Is Emasculating Me - Romance (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Wife Is Emasculating Me (103236 Views)

I Suspect My Wife Is Having Affair With Her Step Brother / My Wife's Cousin Has Visited & She's Luring Me With Her Thighs-kenyan Man (pics / My Wife Is Going For Service, Should I Impregnate Her Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (47) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by chrisj2(m): 2:57pm On Jan 01, 2020
It is funny how people simply say that he should increase his hustle - as if by some magic hustling automatically trans;ate to financial success. The guy might be comfortable in some other type of relationship but he is now in a situation when he is not doing so well and then the wife has become a competition or a source of reminder of his failings.

When women have their own money, it can be tough to negotiate and/or have a balanced approach to finances and life in general.

I do not have a solution except to advice men to be careful with they choose as partners and to try to know for sure whether they are capable of being with a woman that earns more or equal to them...

I was with a woman that earned more right from the start and it did not work out - money and finance was not the main issue but it is also an issue because it makes things more difficult; some women feel less inclined to compromise and the man might feel that the relationship has become a competition. For example, the man wants to spend x amount on toys or gifts for the children but the woman ups the ante or agree but then still goes ahead to spend much more than they agree. The same will go for how much money to spend on gifts for families, what they buy in the house, holidays, clothes and even a push from the woman for the man to earn more to keep up or to up their level.

It is not all about misogyny or women being unreasonable as a group but somehow women tends to spend more than women and in our society the man is still seen as a breadwinner; so even if the woman is earning more, some women do not see the need to spend their money equitably on the family as a man would do - without prompt.

We have children involved here and begin again for the man might not be the right solution but if anything gets too much for a man or woman, then that person can leave but they can come together for the children... Even that might not be the end of the matter - the woman might still expect the man to pay x amount that he might not be able to afford and that could be used against him with the children. It is not easy being a broke man !

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jan 01, 2020
uninspired07:

You are ugly & it pains you that you don’t get the attention of men. That’s why you want to destroy the relationships of other Nigerian women by propagating hateful feminist ideologies.

You go old for your Papa house. Ugly mutete.
Cry me a river

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by bukatyne(f): 2:58pm On Jan 01, 2020
midnighter:

They have answered o, and as usual they are vomiting nonsense!

A prosperous year to you and your family!

Amen, thanks.
Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by Kennedyiheme: 2:58pm On Jan 01, 2020
Men this isna warning, we can all see by the response from the feminists on this thread.... thats why nature didn't put power in hands of women, they are bitter pysopaths that cant handle small power... op the trust me, forget that marriage, the best thing you'll do to hurt her is getting a divorce... a rich woman without a husband is useless... even when you get your finances back ,would you want to live with a bitter woman?... bro leave that house now, that woman can kill you while you sleep
Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by trilobite: 2:58pm On Jan 01, 2020
Majority of Nigerian women are not raised to be submissive to their husbands. No parent raises his child to be dominated by another human being.

What happens is they are raised to strive by themselves, then once getting to the age of marriage assume a submissive mentality to get a husband. This mentality didn't exist in the first place.

What I advice men during relationships is to pause on the need to dominate their partners into submission and allow her breathe. Let her show you everything she was was raised with, not what you or society want her to show you.

I have seen successful wives stand by their less successful husbands, and all say (when I ask why) is because that was how they were before they had any need to have a husband. They were raised to care and support the people they love.

This is your wife's true nature, only thing you can do is to double your hustle and bounce back financially to get her to reset her mind. Goodluck, you need it.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by poseidon12: 2:58pm On Jan 01, 2020
RisenPhoenix:
Your mistake was permitting her to become the breadwinner. When you experienced a downturn, you should have adjusted your family's standards of living down to comfortable levels accordingly, instead of using her own money to maintain that standard. Because you couldn't relinquish the good life, you have effectively relinquished control over your home. No matter how little you make, adjust your expenses to stay within that income. Do not touch her money under any circumstances.

You are advising him not to touch his wife's money under any circumstances?? What's the point of the marriage then? Marriage is supposed to be a partnership (in this modern era). The average Nigerian man is always trying to play superman. They end up putting themselves under immense financial stress. This is a contributing factor to the easy corruptibility of the average Nigerian man. Also a part of the reason why he can hardly keep to the terms of agreement in a financial transaction.
Husband and wife should share the family's financial obligations unless the husband is extremely rich.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by uninspired07: 3:00pm On Jan 01, 2020
sassysure:

Stop saying when u married your wife She had nothing.
U guys have been using this misconception for so long it look like the truth now.

As long as she has started school( be it primary or secondary) she has something. She is going somewhere!
She is not statistic. Some of u marry your wives when she is in uni, just finished uni, or finished secondary, or writing jamb or learning handiwork.
She is on the move. Get that into your skull!
U marry her, give her belle, she halts her progress for u and u are saying she has nothing!
Can u stop?

This kind of mentality is what makes u guys think u own a woman like a property.

That u fought your family to marry her is not new. More women have denied their families for the men they love.

Bring yourself low from your high pedestals and enjoy your woman.

Heaven help us if your wife should come here.
Or better still, invite her here so we will have a balanced presentation.

You’ve spoken well here but you got one thing wrong: women don’t love men, because they don’t have the capacity to love— they can only submit.

And in this instance, we are talking about Nigeria women here—the most materialistic & self seeking strain of women in the world.
Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by DukeNija(m): 3:01pm On Jan 01, 2020
cococandy:
You’re the one hyperventilating over a simple post. If there’s any pain and hurt in here, it’s in your post.

Ok Ma. Noted.
Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by teelady(f): 3:02pm On Jan 01, 2020
have you ever cheated on her during your regime of being the breadwinner? if yes, this can prompt most women to hide there investment from there randy husby, and save for rainy days, because she can just wake up one day to see a new drama from the man. but if you never cheated, then u married a woman who fell in love with your money and not you, or look back to your youthful days, did you ever treated a good lady badly despite knowing she truly loves you....if yes, oga u are going through karma, because most men in your situation will fall into one of the above category, have a nice day.

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by bukatyne(f): 3:02pm On Jan 01, 2020
LINTUNE:
the name can help ,but it will always be her responsibility,that man will not remain in that position for once ,cos he is making effort ..
tongue

I don't get:

The man can help as domestics is her responsibility.

The woman must however provide even though it is the man's responsibility while doing her domestic chores!?

Repent, this is a new year.

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by BRATISLAVA: 3:03pm On Jan 01, 2020
strungup79:

You're wrong. It's not my mind telling me things. I'm not dumb cos that's what your statement suggests. Before the tables turned, we used to discuss issues, then she started trying to lord it over me using disrespectful language and coded insults. At this stage I was still bringing some finance. I complained and broached the issue of her changing attitude. Guess what - she told me exactly what you're saying, that I was imagining things because of my down turn. Then it became full blown disrespect. If it was stress of being the the bread winner why sideline me and go consulting her family over what concerns us. We used to discuss everything right down to her work. I'm not dumb or stupid. She just feels she has an upper hand and is trying to show it.

5 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by MedicH: 3:04pm On Jan 01, 2020
Chikicaka:

It would come, sooner than you expect, stay strong, keep praying and work hard, stuffs like this go both ways, my ex back then we both had nothing only our dreams, we prayed together, hustled together and worked hard together, I gave up a lot and supported him more than I even supported myself and he hit it, came home one day and said he needed space, that he needed to mix up with the same crowd he now rolls in, no sugar coated words but he gave me hot hot, I was crushed, I was battling with my weight and felt inadequate, but I moved on today if you see me you would not recognize me at all, God has restored in a million folds all that i felt i had lost, he came back begging i forgave him but couldn't stoop so low again this time he was truly not my level anymore, I took that pain and it propelled me, thankfully he was just a boyfriend and not a hubby, as in this case she is your wife, zone in on her good qualities and forgive her, tell her how much her attitude hurts you,, hopefully she changes, may God bless us all.

Inputs and mindsets like this give me hope of looking forward to getting married. Very encouraging and saintly. You are a winner.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by luvmijeje(f): 3:05pm On Jan 01, 2020
strungup79:
I'm 42 years old and married with 3 children (2 boys and a girl). I got married to this beatiful lady 13 years ago and everything was bliss until three years ago when my business experienced a serious down turn.

My wife's upturn in fortune however brought out the ugliness in her. She started trying to assume control of the home. She stopped consulting me on decisions concerning our home, rather consulting her parents. She practically turned my kids against me as she painted me as irresponsible.

For 10 years your marriage was blissful! Why do I find that had to believe?

You didn't cheat on your wife during those 10 years of blissful marriage? For your wife to sucessfully paint you as irresponsible, emphasis on sucessfully then l doubt your marriage was blissful for the for the first 10 years.

The issue with your marriage is lack of trust. Your wife don't trust you. And it can't be because she is earning more than you.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by uninspired07: 3:05pm On Jan 01, 2020
funmisticqueen:
Cry me a river

Thank God you didn’t try to disprove my assertion that you are ugly & soaked with bitterness—which means you agree with my assessment.

I have been reading comments on this section for almost 5 years & I actually you were harsh to men because you were beautiful. I was shocked when I saw your picture & I now realized why you are bitter. You’re an ugly person inside & out & it has really damaged you as a person.

You need to see a therapist fast because you might just shoot up a gathering of men given your hate for men.

I pray God heals you this year. Amen.

6 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by LINTUNE(m): 3:06pm On Jan 01, 2020
bukatyne:

I don't get:

The man can help as domestics is her responsibility.

The woman must however provide even though it is the man's responsibility while doing her domestic chores!?

Repent, this is a new year.
have heard u "MADAM" lipsrsealed
Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jan 01, 2020
uninspired07:

Thank God you didn’t try to disprove my assertion that you are ugly & soaked with bitterness—which means you agree with my assessment.

I have been reading comments on this section for almost 5 years & I actually you were harsh to men because you were beautiful. I was shocked when I saw your picture & I now realized why you are bitter. You’re an ugly person inside & out & it has really damaged you as a person.

You need to see a therapist fast because you might just shoot up a gathering of men given your hate for men.

*yawns*

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by bukatyne(f): 3:07pm On Jan 01, 2020
strungup79:

I'm not a saint, I have flaws like everybody does. When I say order I mean eg The children can't watch certain movies it's not adequate for them. Ebuka is old enough to do house chores u shouldn't be doing it for him. Why is Nneka still awake and watching TV by 10 pm when she has school tomorrow. When it has to do with her i say things like honey you know that aint right and when she insists i tell her she's free to do what she wants. Sometimes I tell her you can't be listening to certain music or watch certain movies with the kids around as it's not adequate for them. How is that wrong for Christ's sake> How can wanting the right thing done in your home be a wrong thing?

Using the examples above, was she always like this?

Allowing the kids watch inappropriate movies and all?

Do you have same moral background?

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by poseidon12: 3:07pm On Jan 01, 2020
funmisticqueen:
for saying the truth? Or not telling all you testosterone laden apeshits who only think with their joystick what you want to hear or stroking your China doll egos.

Wow! Go easy please. Don't mind the insults. I like your frankness.

5 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jan 01, 2020
uninspired07:

You’ve spoken well here but you got one thing wrong: women don’t love men, because they don’t have the capacity to love— they can only submit.

And in this instance, we are talking about Nigeria women here—the most materialistic & self seeking strain of women in the world.

Oh dear, u have been around the wrong women.
Change the people around you and your eyes will open.

Also, u guys enabled the women and now turn around to complain grin

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by bukatyne(f): 3:08pm On Jan 01, 2020
Teerach:
Op sorry bout ur marital situation. One or two Nigeria dad has always been in ur situation. My dad was no exception. My mom doesn't smile when it comes to cash n painted n still paint my dad pretty bad. Turning us against him. But we knew better. Lol. Everyone of us love my dad way more than her. We give him things more before we give her. Because the truth always reveals itself. Your kids won't turn against you. They may not listen to u now cos of fear of her. Don't fret cos they know what's going on.
My dad paid our fees n would give us the little he had without complaining. Mom would always nag n paint him bad. They are separated though. Money issue separated them. Just exactly as ur wife is doing. Lol. Mind you I'm a Lady. I've sworn never to thread that part n I've kept to my word cos I know what it feels like coming from a broken home.
My advice, just separate from her for the main time. Be responsible to your kids. Pick yourself again.
Ur even lucky. My dad retired n while he was waiting to be paid, she started treating him badly. Wouldn't give him food bla bla bla. He zoomed off when he collected his gratuity. But he kept check for monthly feeding because she refused to relocate with him. She goes about telling anyone who cares to listen that he didn't give her a dime which is a lie. Even now, she's financially better than him cos she didn't contribute a dime to anything that concerns him or we the kids. But as God would have it, we visit her Dec n other holidays, but my dad gets the cash from us while she gets our presence more. Every one sibling work with the mindset that she has cash so she doesn't need ours. We give our dad rather.

Try and visit your dad more if you can.
Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by StoneColdBiceps(m): 3:09pm On Jan 01, 2020
strungup79:
I'm 42 years old and married with 3 children (2 boys and a girl). I got married to this beatiful lady 13 years ago and everything was bliss until three years ago when my business experienced a serious down turn.

My wife on the other hand witnessed an upturn in fortunes and practically became the bread winner in the home.

Her good financial fortune had me focussed on trying to get myself back on track. I tried getting a job, but it was not forth coming.

My business continued to dwindle and then I resorted to doing small odd jobs just so I could contribute to the family upkeep.

My wife's upturn in fortune however brought out the ugliness in her. She started trying to assume control of the home. She stopped consulting me on decisions concerning our home, rather consulting her parents. She practically turned my kids against me as she painted me as irresponsible.

We initially had assess to each other's account, but now she has accounts hidden from me. I just found out she bought land somewhere, though she doesn't know I have that knowledge.

She has become rude and disrespectful and her parents and siblings have taken over my home. I am so pained because all I ever did was show her love and respect.

She didn't like the fact i tried to have order in my home and that seems to be my sin. I have never hit her or been wicked to her.

Right now, I'm pained and confused. I don't know what to do. Someone please help.

Sorry about your predicament Bro. But let me give you some tips on how to face your current status.

1. Kill expectations in its entirety! Never expect good in return as far as she's concerned.
2. Expect to eat from giant bowl not fancy broken plates any more.
3. Don't expect her to serve you food on the table or brought to you. You're are expected to go to the kitchen and get your food if any.
4. Don't expect her to wash your clothes even your boxer.
5. Don't expect Sex from her. If she open for you, you screw if she no open you sleep.
6. Have a hair clipper and Learn how to barb your hair skin so you don't have to look for salon money to get a hair cut.
7. Don't expect her to call your family.
8. Don't expect her to call you. Keep calling her.
9. Don't be surprised when she comes home late.
10. Don't expect her to be clean with her phone chats and calls. Never be suspicious even when you are.
11. Never loose your head. Still be the man you are but with no money.
12. Still give your wife advice but don't expect her to take it.
13. don't stop buying her stuffs and your kids as well when little money comes from your hustle.
14. Don't be surprised when she password her phone or change her phone password.
10. She'll put everything including your children against you. Worst case scenario.
15. When you bounce back to your feet, don't pay her back in her own coin, just be money smarter. You can never win in your family because family is not a competition ground. When money starts coming in, your wife will readjust and enjoy with you like nothing happened. That's how they're wired.
16. All the above is my advice and you may choose not to take it. God may have a better plan for you and your family. Seek God till the end.

Just keep your head up and hustle to bring something into the house until grace find you again.

The thing about marriage is that it's close to the same thing as normal relationship but bonded.

Every marriage have their peculiar problems. Yours is money right now.

Marriage is sweeter if money follow.

4 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by Kennedyiheme: 3:09pm On Jan 01, 2020
uninspired07:

lol i just saw her picture, she's really ugly grin its the ugly women and old ones that are bitter

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by Panelbeater(m): 3:10pm On Jan 01, 2020
Martinez39:
Michellekabod2, Ubunja and Co. Was this not what we were discussing? Give a man power, money, and make him the bread winner, his family will benefit from him. Give a woman money, power, and make her the bread winner, her husband will see hell. OP needs to take the red-pill.

Even though the man is at home, his wife has turned turned the kids against him in the cruel and petty game of power dynamics. And many girls had the dishonesty to attack me when I created THIS TOPIC and they acted like parental alienation is not really a thing to worry about and the father should "just spend some time with the kid". Here is a man who is present in his home and yet the kid has turned against him (a case similar to that of emmaodet). Never underestimate the power of brain washing and the wickedness and brutal nature of women. Women are not fair players.

Indeed, Ilekokonit was right in THIS TOPIC OF HIS. Also the arguments and contributions made by ubunja and myself are valid. A family is supposed to work as a unit but the woman purchased properties without the man's knowledge, turned the kids against him, and disrespects him yet folks like funmisticqueen (whose personality is as ugly as she looks) turned this on the man insinuating that the man must have been cruel to his wife in the past. The op opened a joint account with his wife but now, the wife has gotten a secret account.

Any man that remains oblivious to female nature will suffer and get burnt.
Boss I wish I could discuss some life issues with you

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by MedicH: 3:10pm On Jan 01, 2020
luvmijeje:

For 10 years your marriage was blissful! Why do I find that had to believe?

You didn't cheat on your wife during those 10 years of blissful marriage? For your wife to sucessfully paint you as irresponsible, emphasis on sucessfully then l doubt your marriage was blissful for the for the first 10 years.

The issue with your marriage is lack of trust. Your wife don't trust you. And it can't be because she is earning more than you.

Do you even understand what is going on in the union? The problem is the woman earns more money and believes she gets to say who does what.
Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jan 01, 2020
poseidon12:

Wow! Go easy please. Don't mind the insults. I like your frankness.
it's a lot. Almost 200
Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by HeavenlyCherub(f): 3:12pm On Jan 01, 2020
Honestly I don’t believe you. Read my story and you will understand why. You are only saying this because things are not going well for you. I doubt your wife is putting you down and doing the things you are saying she is doing. Men always just want to be on top and once the woman is. They have a problem. You’re unhappy and jealous she is doing better so you try find fault in everything. Focus on loving your wife and supporting her whilst working on yourself. Don’t let your pride make you lose your home.

God bless

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jan 01, 2020
strungup79:

I'm not a saint, I have flaws like everybody does. When I say order I mean eg The children can't watch certain movies it's not adequate for them. Ebuka is old enough to do house chores u shouldn't be doing it for him. Why is Nneka still awake and watching TV by 10 pm when she has school tomorrow. When it has to do with her i say things like honey you know that aint right and when she insists i tell her she's free to do what she wants. Sometimes I tell her you can't be listening to certain music or watch certain movies with the kids around as it's not adequate for them. How is that wrong for Christ's sake> How can wanting the right thing done in your home be a wrong thing?
Now, u are starting to open up.
Listening to what majority of the emotional outburst I saw here will never help you nor your marriage.
The goal.is getting back your wife, children and the respect u once have.
Can u elaborate on your flaws.
Don't sugarcoat it please
I believe some of the women talking to you here are trying to see things from the eyes of your wife and will obviously proffer solution from that angle too.

Think back. Words, actions.
Words affect women more contrary to popular opinions especially words thrown at them carelessly by their spouses

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by Chikicaka(f): 3:15pm On Jan 01, 2020
MedicH:

Inputs and mindsets like this give me hope of looking forward to getting married. Very encouraging and saintly. You are a winner.

Amen and thank you sir, you also

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by luvmijeje(f): 3:16pm On Jan 01, 2020
MedicH:

Do you even understand what is going on in the union? The problem is the woman earns more money and believes she gets to say who does what.

You also don't understand what's going on. Let strungup79 answer my question. Did he cheat during the blissful years of his marriage?

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by gidjah(m): 3:17pm On Jan 01, 2020
Preshy561:

This is so sad.
I understand your plight. If there's how you can search for a greener pasture by moving away from her for the main time, please do.
She might think you aren't doing good enough by seeing you home everytime.

Sorry about the situation.
for a lady....you spoke very wisely ...love you ma'am !!
Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by BRATISLAVA: 3:17pm On Jan 01, 2020
RisenPhoenix:

They once did... until the new cultural farce emerged that a woman must help/support her husband in the home; some dodo interpreting that help to be financial rather than emotional and mental. That was when society started placing an expectation on women to become at least partial breadwinners; and made men give up part or all of their control over the household in exchange. Men opened the door for their own emasculation; no doubt about it.

For the first time I agree with you. This is the actual problem of modern relationships. Women are emotional people and should be used in such situations. Men pay for them. Unfortunately, men tried to make them financial ends to their goals. They willingly gave over that power of purchasing to women by telling them that they had to bring something to the table in the form of purchasing power. This made them lose their full control and now they have to share the control with women and can't seem to tolerate it. If men could give birth, too, they would hold the control that women have over households, and women would lose that position of control. It's an exchange of control that has taken place. Old gender roles were much better, it removed a conflict of control. Women had their places and men had theirs. There was no confusion. Older people (80s) don't have these problems.

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by CONFAMA: 3:17pm On Jan 01, 2020
strungup79:

My wife on the other hand witnessed an upturn in fortunes and practically became the bread winner in the home.

Her good financial fortune had me focussed on trying to get myself back on track. I tried getting a job, but it was not forth coming.

My business continued to dwindle and then I resorted to doing small odd jobs just so I could contribute to the family upkeep.

We initially had assess to each other's account, but now she has accounts hidden from me. I just found out she bought land somewhere, though she doesn't know I have that knowledge.

She has become rude and disrespectful and her parents and siblings have taken over my home. I am so pained because all I ever did was show her love and respect.

She didn't like the fact i tried to have order in my home and that seems to be my sin. I have never hit her or been wicked to her.

Right now, I'm pained and confused. I don't know what to do. Someone please help.

Try and focus all your finances on getting back to your feet for now. Let her take care of the kids and stop spending her money. You can assume back your responsibility when things get better and by then start seeking for another lady that will give you peace of mind

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (47) (Reply)

Daily Hard Truth Guys Don't Know About Girls (thread) / Real Signs A Woman Really Loves You. / The Disadvantages Of Marrying A Virgin.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.