Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,134 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:37 AM

Forex Trade Alerts: Season 20 - Business (640) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Forex Trade Alerts: Season 20 (528497 Views)

Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23 / Forex Trade Alerts: Season 22 / Forex Trade Alerts: Season 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (637) (638) (639) (640) (641) (642) (643) ... (660) (Go Down)

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 20 by blackman007: 7:22pm On Dec 11, 2020
Pipsbasketings:
OK, Gold's discussion continues.

Yesterday, I posted this gold so we could discuss and see out it would play out. Here is the before and after our discussion. Price is still doing what we expected. As I mentioned, it wasn't time yet to take a decision (buy or sell), since this time, the price has been respecting both top and bottom channels.

If you have bought or sold in a few days ago, you may have been trapped in this channel.

Tell me what you see now.

@blackman007, ask your question

Thanks for the opportunity sir,
Here goes my questions....

(1) do you have any material or book that you can bless me with to upgrade my trading style, and for personal self development. Could be on trading psychology or price action, or both

(2) what is the difference between horizontal channel and a range??

(3) do you use Fibonacci retracement tools? And how do you know which point on the chart you start drawing from, is it directly from the swing high or low??

(4) what are the pros and cons for keeping a position over the weekend? I noticed that a lot of traders dreads doing this, please expatiate on it sir......
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 20 by nzechu(m): 7:49pm On Dec 11, 2020
Pipsbasketings:

Yesterday, I posted this gold so we could discuss and see out it would play out. Here is the before and after our discussion. Price is still doing what we expected. As I mentioned, it wasn't time yet to take a decision (buy or sell), since this time, the price has been respecting both top and bottom channels.

If you have bought or sold in a few days ago, you may have been trapped in this channel.

the two circles, what do they show
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 20 by IMAliyu(m): 8:26pm On Dec 11, 2020
Pipsbasketings:

IDK.
Seems like it's continuing to range.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 20 by investorMK(m): 8:51pm On Dec 11, 2020
Still learning
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 20 by blackman007: 8:51pm On Dec 11, 2020
Pipsbasketings:

Its still in a range, but the way it is now, it is showing strong sign of bullish momentum, by forming a double bottom... But it is not yet time to go long, therefore our waiting continues.. my opinion anyways, and I stand to be corrected...
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 20 by Crixxx: 9:07pm On Dec 11, 2020
Took a break from the market for now.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 20 by infofirst(m): 9:14pm On Dec 11, 2020
Pipsbasketings:
Consistency kiss kiss kiss

Yes boss.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 20 by Nobody: 10:50pm On Dec 11, 2020
(1) do you have any material or book that you can bless me with to upgrade my trading style, and for personal self-development. Could be on trading psychology or price action, or both
I will try, I will search through my files, pls give me some time.....

A horizontal channel is a range, a range is a horizontal channel. However, this same horizontal channel or range could be beneficial to some types of traders like scalpers and intraday traders. If the horizontal channel is discovered on high TFs like H1, H4, D1, these types of traders go to the lower TFs like M1, M5, M15, M30, and even H1 to take advantage of that. Any swing trader or position trader that tries to trade this gets trapped in it and suffers from swap/rollover fee, commission fee over time, psychological trauma. This is very important.

(3) do you use Fibonacci retracement tools? And how do you know which point on the chart you start drawing from, is it directly from the swing high or low??
I dislike that tool. The best way to tell you how I draw my lines or channels is by looking at my posted chart pictures. Focus on the highs and close of candles. Look behind on my previous posts, your answer is there

(4) what are the pros and cons for keeping a position over the weekend? I noticed that a lot of traders dreads doing this, please expatiate on it sir......
Intraday traders and scalpers dread this for sure, the reason why they are called those names - respect to them. If you are a swing or position trader, you can leave your trade for several weekends stress-free. The reason why the intraday traders and scalpers do not leave trades over the weekend is best known to them, as long as it works for them, respect to their decision. Alternatively, the reason why the swing and position traders leave their trades over the weekend is best known to them, as long as it works for them, respect to their decisions as well.

Cons
-----------------
- Huge spikes are likely on market open (scalpers and intraday traders don't survive this)
- Price direction uncertainties on market open
- Some brokers charge weekend fees (scalpers and intraday traders don't have to worry about these fees)

Despite these cons, swing and position traders don't care about the fees and spikes because they trade with big minds, and as such go on their other daily routines. When you swing or position trade, unlike the scalpers and intraday, you don't care about news, no matter how big it could be, just go do your own thing.

blackman007:

Thanks for the opportunity sir,
Here goes my questions....

(1) do you have any material or book that you can bless me with to upgrade my trading style, and for personal self development. Could be on trading psychology or price action, or both

2 Likes

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 20 by Nobody: 10:56pm On Dec 11, 2020
You are absolutely on point, again, see how the resistance rejected price again many times as we speak.

IMAliyu:

IDK.
Seems like it's continuing to range.

Yes, on point. and not time yet to take any decision (buy or sell)

blackman007:

Its still in a range, but the way it is now, it is showing strong sign of bullish momentum, by forming a double bottom... But it is not yet time to go long, therefore our waiting continues.. my opinion anyways, and I stand to be corrected...

When you see a long candle like this, it is telling you that they must have broken something very important on the chart, a key level (resistance or support). You now need to find out if it is a false or true breakout. This comes with a lot of practice.

nzechu:
the two circles, what do they show
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 20 by Nobody: 11:03pm On Dec 11, 2020
Contest Update: Today is the last day of the 3rd Trading Period: 29/Nov/2020 --- 12/Dec/2020: Modified: Only one contestant qualifies for the next and final trading period which starts on this coming Monday: 13/Dec/2020 --- 24/Dec/2020.

The contest started with 15 contestants, dropped to 7 after the 1st 2weeks of trading, then dropped to 4 after the 2nd 2weeks of trading, now dropped to 1 after the 3rd 2weeks of trading.

CC: @Teemy, @Jakpayen, @Shevychen2

Pipsbasketings:
Reward Reminder (Not an update) - Dec 24

1st Position: ₦50,400
2nd Position: ₦32,000
3rd Position: ₦18,000
cc Jakpayen, teemy

Pipsbasketings:

Achieve a consistent 15% bi-weekly ROI minimum for 4 trading periods (1period = two weeks, i.e. bi-weekly) and win $93.87 for the Xmas

1a. Open a new demo or live account before the 3rd of November, 2020 with a capital of $100 with any leverage size of your choice
1b. If you already have a live account with capital not exactly $100 and wish to contest, go ahead and contest; I will do the %profit maths equivalent to $100 by Dec 24.
1c. You MUST provide an account (demo or real) with your exact name or known NL moniker (preferred).

2a. You MUST then return here to provide the 1. Account number 2. Investor Password and 3. Server
2b. If you are not comfortable with 2a for privacy concern, dm me with your information as stated in 2a. But I give preference to 2a

3a.
1st Trading Period (bi-weekly): 1/Nov/2020 --- 14/Nov/2020
2nd Trading Period (bi-weekly): 15/Nov/2020 --- 28/Nov/2020
3rd Trading Period (bi-weekly): 29/Nov/2020 --- 12/Dec/2020
4th and final trading Period (bi-weekly): 13/Dec/2020 --- 24/Dec/2020

3b. Your expected 15% ROI for each trading period is $15

4. Only one trader will be rewarded the $93.87 - naira equivalent; in a case where more than 1 trader achieved the goal, the trader with the highest %profit will be rewarded.

How I came about the 15% bi-weekly ROI minimum

You will recall that this contest was birthed from the constant 30% ROI monthly income topic; but because this particular reward focuses on Xmas which is obviously very near and we do not have too many months to wait, I have divided the trading period (1month = 30%ROI) by 2 to obtain a bi-weekly (15%) trading period so we can have a total of 4 trading periods to count our success.

wishing you all success

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 20 by Karleb(m): 11:13pm On Dec 11, 2020
It's safe to say that an average Nigerian trader can't do 30 percent ROI consistently for 3 months.

So why try?

I have a question regarding the contest though.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 20 by Nobody: 11:59pm On Dec 11, 2020
[quote author=Pipsbasketings

A horizontal channel is a range, a range is a horizontal channel. However, this same horizontal channel or range could be beneficial to some types of traders like scalpers and intraday traders. If the horizontal channel is discovered on high TFs like H1, H4, D1, these types of traders go to the lower TFs like M1, M5, M15, M30, and even H1 to take advantage of that. Any swing trader or position trader that tries to trade this gets trapped in it and suffers from swap/rollover fee, commission fee over time, psychological trauma. This is very important.

Does this means swing traders make their trading decision from a single TF? Like if the trade Set up is discovered on the 4hrs chart, they wait till the 4hrs chart meet the other criteria. Like break and retest before pulling the trigger. Rather than going to LTF to seek for entry?
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 20 by hostes: 12:39am On Dec 12, 2020
I see more and more forex trading platforms offer better conditions to the traders. They reduce the minimum deposit, introduce bonus system, cancel commissions and fees. To catch the bonus or some promotion, you have to follow the news and fxpro review on the portals like https://tradersunion.com/brokers/forex/view/fxpro/. You will be able to select the best platform for your operations.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 20 by ProsperoTrading: 12:49am On Dec 12, 2020
Pipsbasketings:
Contest Update: Today is the last day of the 3rd Trading Period: 29/Nov/2020 --- 12/Dec/2020: No contestant qualifies for the next and final trading period which was supposed to start on this coming Monday.

As a result, the contest is closed and WITH NO WINNER.

Use this to reflect on your errors/mistakes and we could try again in 2021. The contest started with 15 contestants, dropped to 7 after the 1st 2weeks of trading, then dropped to 4 after the 2nd 2weeks of trading, now dropped to zero after the 3rd 2weeks of trading.

Wishing you all Merry XMAS and a HAPPY NEW YEAR IN ADVANCE

CC: @Teemy, @Jakpayen, @Shevychen2

How come bro, am confused. The goal is 15% per bi weekly which is 15$.

Two people got achieved that. So why the disqualification? Clear me pls

I achieved 15% profit this bi weekly. Last ending balance was 155 And current balance is 173, which is abiove the 15% target.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 20 by Nobody: 12:52am On Dec 12, 2020
It's like I'm missing something, I will check again.

ProsperoTrading:

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 20 by ProsperoTrading: 1:06am On Dec 12, 2020
Pipsbasketings:
It's like I'm missing something, I will check again.

Pls do.

The target was to make 15% of $100 every bi weekly

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 20 by Benqozenero(m): 1:08am On Dec 12, 2020
ProsperoTrading:

I achieved 15% profit this bi weekly. Last ending balance was 155 And current balance is 173, which is abiove the 15% target.

Bro, from what I can understand from the box/table I think you shot yourself. when you achieved the desired $15 why didn't you stop trading until the next period? look at your balance $172 then minus $3! this makes you fall short of the target as the 3rd period was still on when you took the current open position.
when playing a game, try to pay attention to details. Sorry about the predicament.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 20 by ProsperoTrading: 1:13am On Dec 12, 2020
Benqozenero:

Bro, from what I can understand from the box/table I think you shot yourself. when you achieved the desired $15 why didn't you stop trading until the next period? look at your balance $172 then minus $3! this makes you fall short of the target as the 3rd period was still on when you took the current open position.
when playing a game, try to pay attention to details. Sorry about the predicament.

I have no open position. And I met the 15% ($15) bi weekly goal.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 20 by ProsperoTrading: 1:15am On Dec 12, 2020
From my understanding, the goal is to earn 15% of the capital (100,) based on that, i think two people are still in the game.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 20 by ProsperoTrading: 1:16am On Dec 12, 2020
Last bi weekky ending balance

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 20 by Nobody: 1:16am On Dec 12, 2020
I just updated the post, check again.

You are the only one moving to the next trading period
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 20 by Benqozenero(m): 1:17am On Dec 12, 2020
ProsperoTrading:

I have no open position. And I met the 15% ($15) bi weekly goal.

Ok I checked again. if your current balance is that $172 and you have no open position then I think you are still on track then.

Congratulations
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 20 by Nobody: 1:17am On Dec 12, 2020
Who is the 2nd person you think is still in the game?

ProsperoTrading:
From my understanding, the goal is to earn 15% of the capital (100,) based on that, i think two people are still in the game.

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 20 by ProsperoTrading: 1:18am On Dec 12, 2020
ProsperoTrading:
Last bi weekky ending balance

Compare that with this Bi weekly ending balance.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 20 by Nobody: 1:19am On Dec 12, 2020
Benqozenero:

I should be blamed more; I made $150 during the 2 weeks and I kept trading and lost everything left with a balance is $202 (-$26 for the two weeks). Discipline is key in this game.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 20 by ProsperoTrading: 1:19am On Dec 12, 2020
Pipsbasketings:
Who is the 2nd person you think is still in the game?

Its true. Am the only one
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 20 by ProsperoTrading: 1:20am On Dec 12, 2020
Pipsbasketings:
I just updated the post, check again.

You are the only one moving to the next trading period

Thanks bro for taking a second look.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 20 by Nobody: 1:30am On Dec 12, 2020
The error I made was I looked at my FF explorer front page which obviously does not split period into two weeks except daily, weekly, monthly, yearly, and all time stats; this was even after I customized the account age to biweekly from the settings panel......see below pix

ProsperoTrading:

Thanks bro for taking a second look.

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 20 by Benqozenero(m): 1:30am On Dec 12, 2020
Mrbillionaire:

I should be blamed more; I made $150 during the 2 weeks and I kept trading and lost everything left with a balance is $202 (-$26 for the two weeks). Discipline is key in this game.

Sorry about your predicament. The reason is because you wanted to maintain your lead in 1st. It doesn't take away anything from you as a good trader. Better luck next time. cheers

2 Likes

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 20 by Nobody: 1:38am On Dec 12, 2020
Contest Update: Today is the last day of the 3rd Trading Period: 29/Nov/2020 --- 12/Dec/2020

Only one contestant qualifies for the next and final trading period which starts this coming Monday: 13/Dec/2020 --- 24/Dec/2020.

Prosperotrading qualifies to the final trading period.......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 20 by Nobody: 2:10am On Dec 12, 2020
Xmas Contest Update: Reward Allocation, now that no one will be making 2nd or 3rd

Reward Condition for 1st Runner UP:

Although you are out of the contest by not meeting the goal, you should never be considered for a reward; however, if and ONLY if the last man standing meets the goal, we will consider you for a reward as a 1st runner up.

First, the goal of this contest has to be met.
Now that Prosperotrading is the last man standing, he gets rewarded with the 1st position price if and ONLY if he meets the bi-weekly goal. Thereafter, we can look for a 1st runner up which is obviously you. Please note that you are the only runner up contestant we will be considering simply because you made some profits over your initial capital (even though you are out of the contest) at the end of the day while others blew their accounts and have below the initial capital as we speak, as a result, none of them will be rewarded.

The ONLY condition to this reward is Prosperotrading meeting the goal in order to obtain the 1st position reward: NO 1st position, NO runner up.

You get the prize of both 2nd and 3rd positions (i.e., the prize of both 1st and 2nd runner up since we have no 2nd runner up)

1st Runner up (2nd Position & 3rd Position): ₦32,000 + ₦18,000 = ₦50,000

Mrbillionaire:

2 Likes

Re: Forex Trade Alerts: Season 20 by Benqozenero(m): 4:08am On Dec 12, 2020
Pipsbasketings:
Xmas Contest Update: Reward Allocation, now that no one will be making 2nd or 3rd

Reward Condition for 1st Runner UP:

Although you are out of the contest by not meeting the goal, you should never be considered for a reward; however, if and ONLY if the last man standing meets the goal, we will consider you for a reward as a 1st runner up.

First, the goal of this contest has to be met.
Now that Prosperotrading is the last man standing, he gets rewarded with the 1st position price if and ONLY if he meets the bi-weekly goal. Thereafter, we can look for a 1st runner up which is obviously you. Please note that you are the only runner up contestant we will be considering simply because you made some profits over your initial capital (even though you are out of the contest) at the end of the day while others blew their accounts and have below the initial capital as we speak, as a result, none of them will be rewarded.

The ONLY condition to this reward is Prosperotrading meeting the goal in order to obtain the 1st position reward: NO 1st position, NO runner up.

You get the prize of both 2nd and 3rd positions (i.e., the prize of both 1st and 2nd runner up since we have no 2nd runner up)

2nd Position & 3rd Position: ₦32,000 + ₦18,000 = ₦50,000

Boss, so somebody wey come second deserves 32k but the person wey fail deserves 50k?

if so, I would like to fail my contest so I can get like $10,000 instead of $x.

@mrbillionaire no vex Na joke o

(1) (2) (3) ... (637) (638) (639) (640) (641) (642) (643) ... (660)

Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 / ||SCAM ALERT!!! Don't Be A Victim||*UPDATES ON PAGES 1-7* / Forex Trading - Season 15

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.