Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,618 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:21 PM

Is It A Sin To Begin January 1 Drinking In A Bar? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It A Sin To Begin January 1 Drinking In A Bar? (15891 Views)

Is It A Sin To Drop Empty Envelope In Offering Box? / It’s A Sin To Pay Tithe – Pastor Chris Ojigbani / Pastor Arinze Okoli Mmaduabuchi: "Gay Is Not A Sin” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It A Sin To Begin January 1 Drinking In A Bar? by lexy2014: 11:08am On Jan 01, 2020
hisexcellency34:
Some people believe the New Year must not meet you in bar. While some people go to church, others may decide to drink their way with friends into the new year.

Is it a sin to begin the new year drinking in a bar?

What if d person is drinking bottled water or malt?
Re: Is It A Sin To Begin January 1 Drinking In A Bar? by dazzlingd(m): 11:09am On Jan 01, 2020
haryorbarmie83:
How can you start the year with a bottle of beer. I pray you don't spend all your income on beer throughout the year. Eleyi gidi gan ooo.

I dedicate this FTC to nairalanders. Happy new year.

Archaic superstitious belief
Re: Is It A Sin To Begin January 1 Drinking In A Bar? by lexy2014: 11:09am On Jan 01, 2020
Jeezuzpick:
It's only an indicator of how the year will be, naa.

"2020. Year of being drunk to stupor"

undecided

What of if d person begins d year drinking malt and pepper soup?
Re: Is It A Sin To Begin January 1 Drinking In A Bar? by orisa37: 11:12am On Jan 01, 2020
No. It's Celebration. But drink and wine in Moderation.
Re: Is It A Sin To Begin January 1 Drinking In A Bar? by lexy2014: 11:12am On Jan 01, 2020
nwamabo247:
Not a sin but you need to go church in the morning meditate with God,then in the afternoon you can hang out with friends at any place of your choice be it bar but drink moderately

Is it only in d church u can meditate? With all d noise in church, how do u meditate? Is church d right place for meditation?
Re: Is It A Sin To Begin January 1 Drinking In A Bar? by poweredcom(m): 11:14am On Jan 01, 2020
Nonesense people de shayo till now
Re: Is It A Sin To Begin January 1 Drinking In A Bar? by lexy2014: 11:15am On Jan 01, 2020
specialmati:
a canal man can't and will never understand the things of the spirit, or be lead by the spirit.

What are d things of d spirit regarding this issue?
Re: Is It A Sin To Begin January 1 Drinking In A Bar? by Nawtygrrlsecret(f): 11:32am On Jan 01, 2020
It doesnt matter if you start the year drinking.... The real new year is your birthday and most people would get drunk. F*ck those who go to church once a year and those who go every sunday. I'm not talking to those who believe in God.... Quote me not!
Re: Is It A Sin To Begin January 1 Drinking In A Bar? by MrNipplesLover(m): 11:49am On Jan 01, 2020
it shouldn't be a sin.

last night (31st Dec, 2019), I fvcked a girl @ exactly 5mins to January, 2019. reason was cos I didn't want to carry last year's rubbish enter 2019.

that should not be a sin.
Re: Is It A Sin To Begin January 1 Drinking In A Bar? by Lastmankc(m): 12:09pm On Jan 01, 2020
Jeezuzpick:
It's only an indicator of how the year will be, naa.

"2020. Year of being drunk to stupor"

undecided
nah lie
Re: Is It A Sin To Begin January 1 Drinking In A Bar? by DownChelsea(f): 12:20pm On Jan 01, 2020
APOSTLECHUMA:
My good friend many who call themselves born-again are only on the 1st step of it which is repentance. In that 1st step u can be a pastor, see visions, raise the dead etc as these gifts are even without repentance. At that 1st step and even 2nd, one can drink and spoke and live outside his marital vows and have children outside his matrimonial home and bring shame on those truely born-again, who hav climbed up to the 3rd stage where they live above sin, though they may make mistakes but can never walk into sin. He that is born of God does not sin- 1john 3-9 and this is "thus saith the bible" not me. What u need to know is at what stage one is born-again, though he is known as one. cfountainoftruth@gmail.com
the stage I speak about, is that stage “you think” you are in. Or whatever stage is seemingly the highest (according to your funny classroom analogy)

So quit murmuring. You got my point.

You made drinking, what drinking isn’t.

Drinking(simpliciter), has nothing on someone’s salvation.
It is another issue entirely if, out of vanity, gluttony or greed, the act becomes abused and morphs into drunkenness.
Re: Is It A Sin To Begin January 1 Drinking In A Bar? by GMbuharii: 12:26pm On Jan 01, 2020
hisexcellency34:
Some people believe the New Year must not meet you in bar. While some people go to church, others may decide to drink their way with friends into the new year.

Is it a sin to begin the new year drinking in a bar?

Ibere Mumuske grin
Re: Is It A Sin To Begin January 1 Drinking In A Bar? by GEJDHERO: 12:28pm On Jan 01, 2020
jtjohn:

Okay....add me up on te-le-gram

johnwilliam00
telegram ke.....wetin do whatsapp
Re: Is It A Sin To Begin January 1 Drinking In A Bar? by mechanics(m): 12:31pm On Jan 01, 2020
it does not depend on the day its done, drinking of beer is a sin.
Re: Is It A Sin To Begin January 1 Drinking In A Bar? by DownChelsea(f): 12:32pm On Jan 01, 2020
mechanics:
it does not depend on the day its done, drinking of beer is a sin.
........ if only you were God.

BUT

Thankfully, you’re not.
Re: Is It A Sin To Begin January 1 Drinking In A Bar? by CrazeMan69(m): 12:42pm On Jan 01, 2020
jtjohn:
Pay 500 to enjoy unlimited glo data for 2days, pay 1500 to enjoy unlimited data for 5days.....I give u data before payment if u go against our agreement I collect my data back.

add me up on te-le-gram

johnwilliam00
For cheat that you got for N200... when someone reports it now you say Nigerians are wicked.
Re: Is It A Sin To Begin January 1 Drinking In A Bar? by vicombocandela: 1:12pm On Jan 01, 2020
It is wrong and Sin to God and humanity.
Re: Is It A Sin To Begin January 1 Drinking In A Bar? by 12inchDickson: 1:37pm On Jan 01, 2020
REDshouse:
What is the difference between 31st and 1st of a new year is there any additional hrs that makes 1st of the year special...mm an over hype days..... u can drink anytime u feel like..
I am going to a beer parlor soon
Re: Is It A Sin To Begin January 1 Drinking In A Bar? by olamariamjonez(m): 1:47pm On Jan 01, 2020
grin
REDshouse:
What is the difference between 31st and 1st of a new year is there any additional hrs that makes 1st of the year special...mm an over hype days..... u can drink anytime u feel like..
Re: Is It A Sin To Begin January 1 Drinking In A Bar? by salvo583: 1:47pm On Jan 01, 2020
Today is just a Wednesday with a public holiday. Drinking doesn't affect anything. Be true with yourself. You drinking today no mean say u no fit stop by February..
Re: Is It A Sin To Begin January 1 Drinking In A Bar? by RexTramadol1: 2:14pm On Jan 01, 2020
seunmsg:

Not at all. I’ve been drinking my way into the new year for the past 10 years and it makes no difference.

shocked
Re: Is It A Sin To Begin January 1 Drinking In A Bar? by mafnv9: 2:26pm On Jan 01, 2020
Re: Is It A Sin To Begin January 1 Drinking In A Bar? by OLULAW: 2:40pm On Jan 01, 2020
Around the world - from London to New York, Paris to Melbourne - people in their thousands troop to parks with drinks in hands to usher in the new year, most churches don’t open for services and no midnight services are held. Nothing like crossover prayers, etc. People simply booze and jive.
Re: Is It A Sin To Begin January 1 Drinking In A Bar? by fecosequence(m): 2:53pm On Jan 01, 2020
I'm not seeing any life(beer) on that table.. What's going on �
Re: Is It A Sin To Begin January 1 Drinking In A Bar? by BlackLaw: 3:45pm On Jan 01, 2020
Just do it
Re: Is It A Sin To Begin January 1 Drinking In A Bar? by Edoziesmart(m): 4:23pm On Jan 01, 2020
jtjohn:
Pay 500 to enjoy unlimited glo data for 2days, pay 1500 to enjoy unlimited data for 5days.....I give u data before payment if u go against our agreement I collect my data back.

add me up on te-le-gram

johnwilliam00

Stale.
Something everybody knows how to activate
Re: Is It A Sin To Begin January 1 Drinking In A Bar? by Edoziesmart(m): 4:30pm On Jan 01, 2020
That's not my concern cus I choose to drink any day I like. To be honest with you guys I fvck from 31st night to 1st January morning.

And I'm drinking and enjoying since morning till now. No difference between 1st January and other days.
So don't come here with your stvpid religions talk about new year resolutions because that stuff don't work. If you don't hustle you won't see money, let alone to ball.
Re: Is It A Sin To Begin January 1 Drinking In A Bar? by JJOF(m): 4:32pm On Jan 01, 2020
Why is this in front page?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Des Pensees / As Christians, What Does It Truly Mean By No Sex Before Marriage? / PHOTOS- Founder Of Celica Church Of Christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.