Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:09 AM

How I Helped Robbers In Foiled Abuja Bank Robbery- Bank Staff - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How I Helped Robbers In Foiled Abuja Bank Robbery- Bank Staff (2703 Views)

"I Started Planning Abuja Bank Robbery In October" – Banker / Mastermind of Abuja bank robbery arrested / Robbers Trapped Inside Abuja Bank As Police And Soldiers Block Off The Entrance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Helped Robbers In Foiled Abuja Bank Robbery- Bank Staff by FactBoyz: 3:27am On Jan 01, 2020
Larry Ehizo, a Customer Service Officer of a first-generation bank in Abuja, has narrated to the police how he got involved in last Saturday's failed bank robbery attack in Mbappe, a surburb in Abuja.

Larry was paraded before newsmen at the Abuja police command headquarters, said that the mastermind of the robbery, one Ernest, who is at large, had threatened to kill him, his girlfriend and his family if he did not help him and his gang members to rob the bank. According to the 30-year-old University of Abuja graduate, he drove the five robbers into the bank premises in his vehicle.

In his words

[b]“I met a friend (Ernest) in November and we had a discussion where we used to hang out and I said something after he complained about our services in the bank and we almost got into a serious argument and I told him that the only thing he would do is get angry and maybe not bank again with us. He said he was going to hurt someone and I told him not to do that. That the highest he can do is to do that or maybe rob the bank to make them feel bad.

I did not know he had that on record and he used that to threaten that after some time that I must take the people that he would bring into the bank. He threatened my family, myself and even the people around me. Even my girlfriend. After that, I was afraid to go to the police because he said even if I go to the police that he had already informed his colleagues and because he is a cultist and he said that anything I get after that I should take it.

“That is when he brought them. I still begged him and he went as far as my family house and threatened to kill them. He now brought them on that day that I should take them in and tell them what to do.

“He even followed to the bank but escaped when they caught them. He insisted I take my car to take them inside the place and that was the only thing I was supposed to do and leave the rest for them to do. The person is at large. His name is Ernest.

I didn’t report to the police because of the threat. He actually brought his fellow cultists to my house and threatened me and my girlfriend that I must take them. He said he was going to give them N7 million. He said I was going to get 20 per cent and I told him I did not want anything.

He said I must collect it. I am a Customer Service Officer. I have been with the bank for over two years. If I had gone to the police I would not have been here talking now. Members of my family also would not be. He knows my family house and knows where I stay personally at Mpape.

He waited to see when we entered inside and he immediately called me and I did everything out of fear of not dying and not having anyone dying because of me. Ernest is a customer at the bank. He comes around. There is a place I go to hang out in Mpape. He is a barman there. He sells drinks.

On normal situations, we have sat down to have drinks. We discussed football, family and how to move forward. He is a barman''.

One of the suspects, 24-year- old Princewill Obinna, said Larry and the said ''Ernest'' assured him and the other robbers that it would be an in-and-out operation.

‘I was among those people that robbed the bank. It happened that Mr Larry invited us. Mr Ernest met us and told us there is a job we wanted to do but he would connect us to the person that had the work. I asked him who the person. So he called me and introduced us to Mr Larry, who told us that there is an event that he wants us to carry out that Ernest has been troubling him. That if only we can successfully do it, that he and Ernest have the background and survey, that they are going to guide us. That it is going to be stressless (sic) and that within some minutes we are going to wrap up the deal.

I said what was the deal about and he said it was a bank. I was shocked and said I have never done such before. He said we should not worry that there is a vehicle that is tinted and nobody would see us and that everyone would be okay. He asked if I know some persons that can help us and I said I had friends that come around and they said okay. They also never wanted to do it but we all agreed at the end of the day. That is how we came to find ourselves there.

“The message came to me on Tuesday and the operation was on Saturday. So we were just thinking about what they told us that it would be easy and they would give us money. They promised to give us N7 million to share. I coordinated the other boys. The ammunition we took there was a local pistol that our late friend (robber who was shot) brought. He said he would be the one to stand at the gate and that I should hold this one and threaten the Mobile man''[/b]

According to the police, no money was stolen during the attack.

https:///2020/01/how-i-helped-robbers-in-foiled-abuja-bank-robbery-bank-staff.html

Re: How I Helped Robbers In Foiled Abuja Bank Robbery- Bank Staff by DonFreshmoney(m): 4:26am On Jan 01, 2020
Larry, you don enter pot of soup... Ernest or not, naija police no dey listen to that kind of story.. your 2020 and future years would be In kuje prison...

5 Likes

Re: How I Helped Robbers In Foiled Abuja Bank Robbery- Bank Staff by poshestmina(f): 4:28am On Jan 01, 2020
I find it difficult to believe.

Most(not all) bankers are Criminals.they work hand in hand with thieves,scammers etc.

My mum is a retired banker ,so I grew up hearing some horrible stories from the right sources.

8 Likes

Re: How I Helped Robbers In Foiled Abuja Bank Robbery- Bank Staff by adewumiopeyemi(m): 5:54am On Jan 01, 2020
This one don enter one chance
Re: How I Helped Robbers In Foiled Abuja Bank Robbery- Bank Staff by fyneboi79(m): 5:55am On Jan 01, 2020
poshestmina:

Most(not all) bankers are Criminals.they work hand in hand with thieves,scammers etc.

My mum is a retired banker ,so I grew up hearing some horrible stories from the right sources.

I trusted a female banker and she swipped me of a good sum of money as soon as she got the opportunity. Since then I don't act friendly with bankers no more...thieves!

3 Likes

Re: How I Helped Robbers In Foiled Abuja Bank Robbery- Bank Staff by Romanoff(f): 6:32am On Jan 01, 2020
Who remembers that super Mario sound track?

Well, to the Larry guy, "ibi lo ma ku si"
Re: How I Helped Robbers In Foiled Abuja Bank Robbery- Bank Staff by opera1(m): 6:45am On Jan 01, 2020
Covetousness
Re: How I Helped Robbers In Foiled Abuja Bank Robbery- Bank Staff by Bluntguy: 6:55am On Jan 01, 2020
Running to the police would still have been a better option for you than succumbing to his threats. It's either you are telling lies or you be ode. We always live with the results of our decisions.

4 Likes

Re: How I Helped Robbers In Foiled Abuja Bank Robbery- Bank Staff by lereinter(m): 7:03am On Jan 01, 2020
poshestmina:

So your mum na accomplice

Or na

Aiding and abetting

2 Likes

Re: How I Helped Robbers In Foiled Abuja Bank Robbery- Bank Staff by APOPTOSIS: 7:30am On Jan 01, 2020
I don't believe this BANKER.
U mean just a mere conversation of how the BANK frustrates him led to all these THREATS...?
Does this BANKER think all Nigerians are FOOLS..?

If he is a CULTIST, and you knew all these while, why still visit him to exchange Ideas and Pleasantries..?

And Again..,
Out Of Anger, U the BANKER also told him "the worst he, ERNEST could do was to ROB the Bank".
Please, how did you know that ERNEST could ROB a BANK..?

From this WRITE UP above, U are a HEARTLESS THIEF.
In fact u are the GANG leader, since you led them into the BANK.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Helped Robbers In Foiled Abuja Bank Robbery- Bank Staff by Kirinwa: 7:41am On Jan 01, 2020
fyneboi79:
I trusted a female banker and she swipped me of a good sum of money as soon as she got the opportunity. Since then I don't act friendly with bankers no more...thieves!

This is unbelievable and you haven't given the details yet. Tell us more. Did you befriend her and she told you of a bogus ponzi scheme.
Re: How I Helped Robbers In Foiled Abuja Bank Robbery- Bank Staff by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:54am On Jan 01, 2020
I asked him who the person. So he called me and introduced us to Mr Larry, who told us that there is an event that he wants us to carry out that Ernest has been troubling him... Princewill Obinna (Robbery suspect)

So even one of the criminals pointed that the banker was under pressure from the said Ernest. The police should investigate the matter, pull out the details of the Ernest, hence he is a customer of the said bank, make his image public and go after him.

I feel for the banker.

1 Like

Re: How I Helped Robbers In Foiled Abuja Bank Robbery- Bank Staff by spafu(m): 7:58am On Jan 01, 2020
Ok

1 Like

Re: How I Helped Robbers In Foiled Abuja Bank Robbery- Bank Staff by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:03am On Jan 01, 2020
Bluntguy:
Running to the police would still have been a better option for you than succumbing to his threats. It's either you are telling lies or you be ode. We always live with the results of our decisions.

People should learn from this. When under threat, run to the police. I remember when I was in school and under threat by some dreaded cultists. It was horrible. They were everywhere, extorting me daily and threatening to kill me and my girlfriend. It was not easy.

It got to a point they came to rape my girlfriend and I was able to resist. The next morning, I went to a senior SSS official I knew. I reported the matter and told him it was out of hand. The last attempt with guns and close to the point of attacking someone's daughter was the last straw.

Omo, you need to see the way the cultists took off when SSS came for them. Some of them left the University. I had peace from then.

Lesson: it is better safe than sorry. Report to the police when under threat to commit crime.

10 Likes

Re: How I Helped Robbers In Foiled Abuja Bank Robbery- Bank Staff by Neoteny(m): 8:11am On Jan 01, 2020
poshestmina:

Hmmmmm.....

Re: How I Helped Robbers In Foiled Abuja Bank Robbery- Bank Staff by Eteka1(m): 8:19am On Jan 01, 2020
Either way, Larry is a slowpoke.
Re: How I Helped Robbers In Foiled Abuja Bank Robbery- Bank Staff by Jabioro: 8:31am On Jan 01, 2020
Larry is a pathetic fool..all these while threatening was going on you could not send mail to you boss, customer care line , confined your ordeal to someone ..make the bank officially informed and they tell to play.. FOOL
Re: How I Helped Robbers In Foiled Abuja Bank Robbery- Bank Staff by ValCon888: 9:02am On Jan 01, 2020
"I said something after he complained about our services in the bank".

What was the "something" that you said?
Unfortunately, your stories do not add up sir.
And the penalty for that is death by hanging.
Re: How I Helped Robbers In Foiled Abuja Bank Robbery- Bank Staff by Neddstark: 11:07am On Jan 01, 2020
This is what you call a getaway story
Re: How I Helped Robbers In Foiled Abuja Bank Robbery- Bank Staff by itsme01: 2:21pm On Jan 01, 2020
grin

tell that to a judge

Re: How I Helped Robbers In Foiled Abuja Bank Robbery- Bank Staff by fyneboi79(m): 5:51pm On Jan 01, 2020
Kirinwa:

This is unbelievable and you haven't given the details yet. Tell us more. Did you befriend her and she told you of a bogus ponzi scheme.
Not business,just over the counter friendliness and I stopped counting notes she hands to me till I got a 15k shortage my eye clear.
Re: How I Helped Robbers In Foiled Abuja Bank Robbery- Bank Staff by OROSUNBOLB(m): 6:30pm On Jan 01, 2020
TheGoodJoe:
I asked him who the person. So he called me and introduced us to Mr Larry, who told us that there is an event that he wants us to carry out that Ernest has been troubling him... Princewill Obinna (Robbery suspect)

So even one of the criminals pointed that the banker was under pressure from the said Ernest. The police should investigate the matter, pull out the details of the Ernest, hence he is a customer of the said bank, make his image public and go after him.

I feel for the banker.

There are over a thousand ways he could have handed over Ernest to the police if truly he was not interested in the robbery. Larry is the mastermind of that operation in my own opinion because he sold the idea to Ernest. He and his criminal gang should be speedily sentenced - straight to Kuje prison.
Re: How I Helped Robbers In Foiled Abuja Bank Robbery- Bank Staff by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jan 01, 2020
Anyway his call logs can be check to confirm what he is saying, but honestly this should go to Guinness book of record as one of the dumbest planned robbery. First of all the Bank has your details, then you used you personal vehicle that didn't give you and irking that your friend plan to gun you down after the operation so the police would be having a futile search for you. The Ernest too assumed you won't talk or be catch now his details too is at the bank and with his BVN it is only a matter of time. Very very poor planning, no criminal mind here. Let me leave it to the Behavior Science Unit

1 Like

Re: How I Helped Robbers In Foiled Abuja Bank Robbery- Bank Staff by TruckFit(m): 12:38am On Jan 02, 2020
There is no Ernest shocked
Re: How I Helped Robbers In Foiled Abuja Bank Robbery- Bank Staff by Kirinwa: 1:26am On Jan 02, 2020
fyneboi79:
Not business,just over the counter friendliness and I stopped counting notes she hands to me till I got a 15k shortage my eye clear.

Lol. Maybe it was payment for her services.

Sorry about that bro.
Re: How I Helped Robbers In Foiled Abuja Bank Robbery- Bank Staff by Torg77: 9:07am On Jan 02, 2020
FactBoyz:
Larry Ehizo, a Customer Service Officer of a first-generation bank in Abuja, has narrated to the police how he got involved in last Saturday's failed bank robbery attack in Mbappe, a surburb in Abuja.

Larry was paraded before newsmen at the Abuja police command headquarters, said that the mastermind of the robbery, one Ernest, who is at large, had threatened to kill him, his girlfriend and his family if he did not help him and his gang members to rob the bank. According to the 30-year-old University of Abuja graduate, he drove the five robbers into the bank premises in his vehicle.

In his words

[b]“I met a friend (Ernest) in November and we had a discussion where we used to hang out and I said something after he complained about our services in the bank and we almost got into a serious argument and I told him that the only thing he would do is get angry and maybe not bank again with us. He said he was going to hurt someone and I told him not to do that. That the highest he can do is to do that or maybe rob the bank to make them feel bad.

I did not know he had that on record and he used that to threaten that after some time that I must take the people that he would bring into the bank. He threatened my family, myself and even the people around me. Even my girlfriend. After that, I was afraid to go to the police because he said even if I go to the police that he had already informed his colleagues and because he is a cultist and he said that anything I get after that I should take it.

“That is when he brought them. I still begged him and he went as far as my family house and threatened to kill them. He now brought them on that day that I should take them in and tell them what to do.

“He even followed to the bank but escaped when they caught them. He insisted I take my car to take them inside the place and that was the only thing I was supposed to do and leave the rest for them to do. The person is at large. His name is Ernest.

I didn’t report to the police because of the threat. He actually brought his fellow cultists to my house and threatened me and my girlfriend that I must take them. He said he was going to give them N7 million. He said I was going to get 20 per cent and I told him I did not want anything.

He said I must collect it. I am a Customer Service Officer. I have been with the bank for over two years. If I had gone to the police I would not have been here talking now. Members of my family also would not be. He knows my family house and knows where I stay personally at Mpape.

He waited to see when we entered inside and he immediately called me and I did everything out of fear of not dying and not having anyone dying because of me. Ernest is a customer at the bank. He comes around. There is a place I go to hang out in Mpape. He is a barman there. He sells drinks.

On normal situations, we have sat down to have drinks. We discussed football, family and how to move forward. He is a barman''.

One of the suspects, 24-year- old Princewill Obinna, said Larry and the said ''Ernest'' assured him and the other robbers that it would be an in-and-out operation.

‘I was among those people that robbed the bank. It happened that Mr Larry invited us. Mr Ernest met us and told us there is a job we wanted to do but he would connect us to the person that had the work. I asked him who the person. So he called me and introduced us to Mr Larry, who told us that there is an event that he wants us to carry out that Ernest has been troubling him. That if only we can successfully do it, that he and Ernest have the background and survey, that they are going to guide us. That it is going to be stressless (sic) and that within some minutes we are going to wrap up the deal.

I said what was the deal about and he said it was a bank. I was shocked and said I have never done such before. He said we should not worry that there is a vehicle that is tinted and nobody would see us and that everyone would be okay. He asked if I know some persons that can help us and I said I had friends that come around and they said okay. They also never wanted to do it but we all agreed at the end of the day. That is how we came to find ourselves there.

“The message came to me on Tuesday and the operation was on Saturday. So we were just thinking about what they told us that it would be easy and they would give us money. They promised to give us N7 million to share. I coordinated the other boys. The ammunition we took there was a local pistol that our late friend (robber who was shot) brought. He said he would be the one to stand at the gate and that I should hold this one and threaten the Mobile man''[/b]

According to the police, no money was stolen during the attack.

https:///2020/01/how-i-helped-robbers-in-foiled-abuja-bank-robbery-bank-staff.html

Dead men tell no tales lol these tales they are telling is just a waste of time.. They are as good as dead as I'm sure time in a Nigerian prison is the closest thing to HELL. They can give all the stories they want but they are all looking at 35 years each
Re: How I Helped Robbers In Foiled Abuja Bank Robbery- Bank Staff by porka: 9:10am On Jan 02, 2020
On normal situations, we have sat down to have drinks. We discussed football, family and how to move forward. He is a barman

A barman?

(1) (Reply)

15 Years Old Caught Taking Crystal Meth(mpurummiri). Photos And Video. / Gruesome Footage Shows 15-year Old Girl Mauled By Sharks / BREAKING! One Of The #ALUU4 Killers Have Been Arrested [photo]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.