Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,560 members, 7,809,042 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:41 PM

President Buhari's New Year Message To Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari's New Year Message To Nigerians (24353 Views)

Buhari’s New Year Speech Shows He Has Conceded Defeat -pdp...says Mr. President / 2019: Full Text Of Buhari’s New Year Message To Nigerians / Buhari New Media Center (BNMC) Launched (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Buhari's New Year Message To Nigerians by nwekeugochukwu: 6:13am On Jan 01, 2020
Today marks a new decade. It is a time of hope, optimism and fresh possibilities. We look forward as a nation to the 2020s as the opportunity to build on the foundations we have laid together on security, diversification of our economy and taking on the curse of corruption. These are the pledges on which I have been twice elected President and remain the framework for a stable, sustainable and more prosperous future.

Elections are the cornerstone of our democracy. I salute the commitment of the millions who voted in peace last February and of those leaders who contested for office vigorously but fairly, submitting to the authority of the electorate, the Independent National Electoral Commission and judicial process. I understand very well the frustrations our system has in the past triggered. I will be standing down in 2023 and will not be available in any future elections. But I am determined to help strengthen the electoral process both in Nigeria and across the region, where several ECOWAS members go to the polls this year.

As Commander-in-Chief, my primary concern is the security of the nation and the safety of our citizens. When I assumed office in May 2015 my first task was to rally our neighbours so that we could confront Boko Haram on a coordinated regional basis. Chaos is not a neighbour any of us hope for.

We have been fighting on several fronts: violent extremists, cultists and organised criminal networks. It has not been easy. But as we are winning the war, we also look to the challenge of winning the peace, the reconstruction of lives, communities and markets. The North East Development Commission will work with local and international stakeholders to help create a new beginning for the North East.

The Federal Government will continue to work with State Governors, neighbouring states and our international partners to tackle the root causes of violent extremism and the networks that help finance and organise terror. Our security forces will receive the best training and modern weaponry, and in turn will be held to the highest standards of professionalism, and respect for human rights. We will use all the human and emerging technological resources available to tackle kidnapping, banditry and armed robbery.

The new Ministry of Police Affairs increased recruitment of officers and the security reforms being introduced will build on what we are already delivering. We will work tirelessly at home and with our allies in support of our policies to protect the security of life and property. Our actions at all times will be governed by the rule of law. At the same time, we shall look always to engage with all well-meaning leaders and citizens of goodwill to promote dialogue, partnership and understanding.

We need a democratic government that can guarantee peace and security to realise the full potential of our ingenious, entrepreneurial and hard-working people. Our policies are designed to promote genuine, balanced growth that delivers jobs and rewards industry. Our new Economic Advisory Council brings together respected and independent thinkers to advise me on a strategy that champions inclusive and balanced growth, and above all fight poverty and safeguard national economic interests.

As we have sat down to celebrate with friends and family over this holiday season, for the first time in a generation our food plates have not all been filled with imports of products we know can easily be produced here at home. The revolution in agriculture is already a reality in all corners of the country. New agreements with Morocco, Russia and others will help us access on attractive terms the inputs we need to accelerate the transformation in farming that is taking place.

A good example of commitment to this inclusive growth is the signing of the African Continental Free Trade Area and the creation of the National Action Committee to oversee its implementation and ensure the necessary safeguards are in place to allow us to fully capitalise on regional and continental markets.

The joint land border security exercise currently taking place is meant to safeguard Nigeria’s economy and security. No one can doubt that we have been good neighbours and good citizens. We have been the helpers and shock-absorbers of the sub-region but we cannot allow our well-planned economic regeneration plans to be sabotaged. As soon as we are satisfied that the safeguards are adequate, normal cross-border movements will be resumed.

Already, we are making key infrastructure investments to enhance our ease of doing business. On transportation, we are making significant progress on key roads such as the Second Niger Bridge, Lagos – Ibadan Expressway and the Abuja – Kano highway. 2020 will also see tangible progress on the Lagos to Kano Rail line. Through Executive Order 007, we are also using alternative funding programmes in collaboration with private sector partners to fix strategic roads such as the Apapa-Oworonshoki Express way. Abuja and Port Harcourt have new international airport terminals, as will Kano and Lagos in 2020. When completed, all these projects will positively impact business operations in the country. These projects are not small and do not come without some temporary disruption; we are doing now what should have been done a long time ago. I thank you for your patience and look forward to the dividends that we and future generations will long enjoy.

Power has been a problem for a generation. We know we need to pick up the pace of progress. We have solutions to help separate parts of the value chain to work better together. In the past few months, we have engaged extensively with stakeholders to develop a series of comprehensive solutions to improve the reliability and availability of electricity across the country. These solutions include ensuring fiscal sustainability for the sector, increasing both government and private sector investments in the power transmission and distribution segments, improving payment transparency through the deployment of smart meters and ensuring regulatory actions maximise service delivery.
https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2020/01/01/a-new-year-letter-from-president-buhari/amp/

15 Likes 8 Shares

Re: President Buhari's New Year Message To Nigerians by reccy(m): 6:26am On Jan 01, 2020
Thank you mr president.... We come in peace but we mean business..

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: President Buhari's New Year Message To Nigerians by Oshin56(m): 7:30am On Jan 01, 2020
Welcome Mr President, but is the president not going to talk about unemployment.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari's New Year Message To Nigerians by Nobody: 7:39am On Jan 01, 2020
Hhh
Re: President Buhari's New Year Message To Nigerians by Nobody: 7:39am On Jan 01, 2020
Tell him we don’t need his message. angry

That moment when a man of God is praying for you and says “you will make it in life”, then you start picturing yourself living the good life grin
Nor go work, dey wait for miracles.

66 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Buhari's New Year Message To Nigerians by landmark86: 7:39am On Jan 01, 2020
Just here to wish you guys HAPPY NEW YEAR, I pray will all make it this year (amen).

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari's New Year Message To Nigerians by Natoski5(m): 7:39am On Jan 01, 2020
Bubu also came in? I thought the last person to enter closed the gate? grin... Some one said he climb fence enter...

Happy new year my fellow nairalanders,.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Buhari's New Year Message To Nigerians by Jeezuzpick(m): 7:39am On Jan 01, 2020
3 more years.......ooooohhhh......3 more......

6 Likes

Re: President Buhari's New Year Message To Nigerians by Realist5: 7:40am On Jan 01, 2020
God bless you Major General Muhammadu Buhari.

Happy New Year Nigerians.
May this 2020 be a year of supernatural blessings to us all.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari's New Year Message To Nigerians by Ifakiland(m): 7:40am On Jan 01, 2020
Was it televised?? My fellow Nigerian kinda thing? Or was the usual copy and paste bullshit....pls kosi

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari's New Year Message To Nigerians by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:40am On Jan 01, 2020
From all of us @[color=#006600][/color] : May President Muhammadu Buhari Succeed.

May Nigeria be great in our lifetime.

Happy New Year Nairalanders.

This will be the year of multiple blessings in our lives.

A YEAR OF QUADRUPLETS BLESSINGS.

Go and Excel Everyone.

Hugs and kiss kiss kiss

20 Likes 5 Shares

Re: President Buhari's New Year Message To Nigerians by Nobody: 7:40am On Jan 01, 2020
As Commander-in-Chief, my primary concern is the security of the nation and the safety of our citizens. When I assumed office in May 2015 my first task was to rally our neighbours so that we could confront Boko Haram on a coordinated regional basis. Chaos is not a neighbour any of us hope for.

We have been fighting on several fronts: violent extremists, cultists and organised criminal networks. It has not been easy. But as we are winning the war, we also look to the challenge of winning the peace, the reconstruction of lives, communities and markets. The North East Development Commission will work with local and international stakeholders to help create a new beginning for the North East.

Just look at this clown grin

So Boko Haram is the only terrorist we have?

Fulani herdsmen are what?

18 Likes

Re: President Buhari's New Year Message To Nigerians by Klazomanic: 7:41am On Jan 01, 2020
Q

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Buhari's New Year Message To Nigerians by maxzzo1(m): 7:41am On Jan 01, 2020
U no travel?

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari's New Year Message To Nigerians by Nobody: 7:41am On Jan 01, 2020
Nice speech

1 Like

Re: President Buhari's New Year Message To Nigerians by sotall(m): 7:41am On Jan 01, 2020
undecided
Re: President Buhari's New Year Message To Nigerians by Melchizzedek: 7:41am On Jan 01, 2020
Lies!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Buhari's New Year Message To Nigerians by ArmaniUhuru: 7:42am On Jan 01, 2020
[s]
post=85397060:
From all of us @[color=#006600][/color] : May President Muhammadu Buhari Succeed.

May Nigeria be great in our lifetime.

Happy New Year Nairalanders.

This will be the year of multiple blessings in our lives.

A YEAR OF QUADRUPLETS BLESSINGS.

Go and Excel Everyone.

Hugs and kiss kiss kiss
[/s]

Na dem.

17 Likes

Re: President Buhari's New Year Message To Nigerians by NwanyiOkpa(f): 7:44am On Jan 01, 2020
Onye iberibe

5 Likes

Re: President Buhari's New Year Message To Nigerians by id4sho(m): 7:45am On Jan 01, 2020
Sai Barber.
3 more years.
Everything is Time and Season

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari's New Year Message To Nigerians by Nobody: 7:48am On Jan 01, 2020
Guess, he will be traveling out of Nigeria on the 2nd grin grin

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari's New Year Message To Nigerians by kristisking(m): 7:48am On Jan 01, 2020
Ok
Re: President Buhari's New Year Message To Nigerians by spartan50(m): 7:50am On Jan 01, 2020
F**k you sir

7 Likes

Re: President Buhari's New Year Message To Nigerians by Nobody: 7:52am On Jan 01, 2020
Ok
Re: President Buhari's New Year Message To Nigerians by Saintp(m): 7:52am On Jan 01, 2020
When is he traveling?
Re: President Buhari's New Year Message To Nigerians by Bukasint(f): 8:00am On Jan 01, 2020
*Pastor Bastin 2020 Prophecies*

1. I see SARS killing innocent Nigerian

2. Ogun State will maintain it's RAPE Capital of Nigeria

3. Husband will kill wife.

4. Wife will kill husband.

5. A prominent politician will die.

6. Plane crash will happen in the world.

7. Herdsmen will kill farmers.

8. Nigerian married celebrity will divorce

9. Police will kill guys back from Club.

10. Church pastor will do fake miracles.

11. Boyfriend will use girlfriend for ritual.

12. Pastors will ride more expensive cars.

13. Boko-Haram will strike again.

14. House maid would be maltreated by madam.

15. God will surprise the broken hearted.

16. Lassa Fever will breakout in the North.

17. Father will sleep with daughter.

18. Fuel tanker will fall and catch fire

19. Market will be brunt.

20. Yahoo boys will die

21. Musicians will crash and burst into each other

22. Fuel will increase in price

23. MTN will lose customers

24. Bobrisky will shake Nigerians.

25. Sex tape would be released.

26. Condom will burst during sex.

27. People will cry and say why did I vote Buhari.

28. More Marlians will emerge

29. Big Brother Nigeria will hold and more sex

30. Jesus Christ will shocked and say so this is the people I died for.

6 Likes

Re: President Buhari's New Year Message To Nigerians by Jabioro: 8:01am On Jan 01, 2020
Lala tell me the truth,Who help you wrote all this jargons..I knew it was not you..Just come and tell me the truth..

1 Like

Re: President Buhari's New Year Message To Nigerians by sirblend: 8:03am On Jan 01, 2020
What a lifeless speech..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Enugu Recovers Service Lanes From Roadside Traders / APGA: FG Suspended Work On Abia Flyover Over Poor Quality Job / Surge In Voters' Registration: INEC Should Be Up And Doing (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.