Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,414 members, 7,808,473 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:29 PM

Yvonne Chaka Chaka Deported from Uganda For Not Having A Working Visa - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Yvonne Chaka Chaka Deported from Uganda For Not Having A Working Visa (58392 Views)

Omah Lay Arrested In Uganda For Violating COVID-19 Protocols / Harrysong: I Need A Wife From Uganda, Kenya Or Tanzania, I Must Marry In 2020 / Yvonne Chaka Chaka's Daughter Shop Looted During Xenophobic Attacks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka Deported from Uganda For Not Having A Working Visa by dederocs(m): 11:52am On Jan 01, 2020
Nigeria should learn from this.

2 Likes

Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka Deported from Uganda For Not Having A Working Visa by Ghenisean(m): 12:21pm On Jan 01, 2020
I was told she was dead as a result of abuse of cocaine and other drugs,damn niggar.
Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka Deported from Uganda For Not Having A Working Visa by DonUmeh(m): 12:22pm On Jan 01, 2020
Uganda aren't smiling.
Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka Deported from Uganda For Not Having A Working Visa by Adekdammy: 12:56pm On Jan 01, 2020
Shame on uganda
Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka Deported from Uganda For Not Having A Working Visa by bobntu: 1:12pm On Jan 01, 2020
Where laws work, there is no consideration for faces.
Where laws work, no 'VIP' would walk past airport security without observing security protocols.
Where laws work, "what is good for the goose is good for the gander".
Where laws work, laws that are not enforceable across social strata would not be made.

2 Likes

Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka Deported from Uganda For Not Having A Working Visa by fabienjoe: 1:13pm On Jan 01, 2020
byrron:

From a compassionate point of view, it looks a bit harsh but they are only enforcing their own laws.

It's not harsh. Laws are laws. Chaka Chaka and the organizers should have known better. Africa's bane is its disregard for its own laws. Personal relationships and 'respect for big men and women' trump the laws. That is why Africa is doomed.

2 Likes

Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka Deported from Uganda For Not Having A Working Visa by sayisayi(m): 1:40pm On Jan 01, 2020
Goldencheese:

But I believe ingenuously that you have superior ideas in this exchange. I sincerely do and let me also commend your very good writing skills and your gentlemanly disposition in the exchange. You are a great guy. Keep it up!

You and that Byron guy should run for President. You get my vote ooo. Intellect and reasoning.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka Deported from Uganda For Not Having A Working Visa by AreaFada2: 1:54pm On Jan 01, 2020
byrron:

She is more than an icon as far as Africa is concerned but I don't expect the indomie generations to relate with that.

She once ruled Africa and Nigerians rocked her song's for so many years.
Laws are laws. Nobody is above the law. She and her promoter should know that. Until the law that applies to ordinary people also applies to the elite Africa cannot go forward.

In his life time if Michael Jackson was going to UK or France to perform, he still needed the required legal paper work.

1 Like

Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka Deported from Uganda For Not Having A Working Visa by mafnv9: 2:19pm On Jan 01, 2020
Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka Deported from Uganda For Not Having A Working Visa by Ikpongiton: 2:21pm On Jan 01, 2020
byrron:

No one wins here my bro, Uganda just did their own thing.
kudos to uganda for enforcing their law,without fear of favour.though a bit harsh for an african icon,but it can not happen in nigeria ,because its a theatre of absurdity
Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka Deported from Uganda For Not Having A Working Visa by Goldencheese(m): 2:39pm On Jan 01, 2020
sayisayi:

You and that Byron guy should run for President. You get my vote ooo. Intellect and reasoning.

Thanks man. This is very laughable but I appreciate your vote of confidence. God bless and many thanks.
Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka Deported from Uganda For Not Having A Working Visa by YungMillionaire: 2:49pm On Jan 01, 2020
Great development. The whole of Africa should turn against South Africa and South Africans. That will teach them a lesson than xenophobia is an evil thing.
Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka Deported from Uganda For Not Having A Working Visa by YungMillionaire: 2:50pm On Jan 01, 2020
Adekdammy:
Shame on uganda

Shame on you. Where was chaka chaka when her fellow South Africans were chasing Ugandans out of South Africa?
Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka Deported from Uganda For Not Having A Working Visa by Ralphlauren(m): 2:57pm On Jan 01, 2020
Eeser:

to answer your question. Yes. Nigeria has a working visa.
And to break it to you, Ours is one of the most difficult working visa to get. I am with people that need these visas to work.

Exactly.

These people have no idea how difficult it is to get a nigerian work Visa.

1 Like

Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka Deported from Uganda For Not Having A Working Visa by poseidon12: 3:20pm On Jan 01, 2020
Nonsense. Uganda, a shithole should be happy that Yvonne Chaka Chaka came to perform in their country.
Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka Deported from Uganda For Not Having A Working Visa by CONFAMA: 4:16pm On Jan 01, 2020
DrTee1:
It is alleged that Chaka Chaka's visa was actually cancelled because "according to other media sources the deportation took place because Yvonne publicly supported opposition leader Bobi Wine."

https://m.channel24.co.za/Music/News/yvonne-chaka-chaka-deported-from-uganda-ahead-of-scheduled-performance-20191231

Lobatan...africans and bitter politics. Useless people
Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka Deported from Uganda For Not Having A Working Visa by ABINTUK(m): 4:39pm On Jan 01, 2020
byrron:

She is more than an icon as far as Africa is concerned but I don't expect the indomie generations to relate with that.

She once ruled Africa and Nigerians rocked her song's for so many years.

Icon or not, rules must be obeyed.
Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka Deported from Uganda For Not Having A Working Visa by Trezagezz: 6:03pm On Jan 01, 2020
This is my first time of hearing such name..

chai am far ooo

well it's for the good of the country n maintaining their Law...

Chaka Chaka pls don't get it twisted

byrron:

https://www.thecitizen.co.tz/news/1840340-5403568-view-asAMP-10qwkes/index.html
Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka Deported from Uganda For Not Having A Working Visa by Sani111: 6:21pm On Jan 01, 2020
May this new year bring many opportunities your way, to explore every joy of life and may your resolutions for the days ahead stay firm, turning May this new year bring many opportunities your way, to explore every joy of life and may your resolutions for the days ahead stay firm, turning all your dreams into reality and all your efforts into great achievements. Happy New Year

COMPANY REGISTRATION IN NIGERIA
See my signature
Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka Deported from Uganda For Not Having A Working Visa by subcbouy: 7:57pm On Jan 01, 2020
Goldencheese:

Very, very true. I don't expect that from Uganda.
why?
Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka Deported from Uganda For Not Having A Working Visa by Deepfreezer(m): 9:15pm On Jan 01, 2020
because she is South African
Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka Deported from Uganda For Not Having A Working Visa by greggng: 9:43pm On Jan 01, 2020
Goldencheese:

But there's what is called personal guarantees or personal recognizance. She should have been allowed to perform and then later perfect her papers. These same guys would skip that if they wanted to. She must have stepped on some powerful political toes. But mehn, we need to iconise our own celebrities if we want the world to respect them. It doesn't mean breaking the law or ignoring it for them but giving them the benefit of a doubt before activating such laws if they repeat such offences particularly if these are not criminal offences.

The truth is that south Africans are not liked cos of their xenophobic DNA. ..every country sees them as animal right...I don't blame Uganda...if they can destroy people's legitimate businesses ...do such people deserve pity?

1 Like

Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka Deported from Uganda For Not Having A Working Visa by Litmus: 10:49pm On Jan 01, 2020
papagiddy:
If na naija, she will just walk in smiling and immigration officer will be begging her for money.... Uganda is well organize sir!!

Comment above excuses Uganda's terrible and anti-Black behaviour. The Exploitation of Nigeria by other Africans continues. The rest of Africa will continue to constitute the actual shit-hole until they learn to take responsibility for their faults.

Yvonne is an African icon, she has sang her heart out for Africa and deserves a form of key to the cities of Africa. Some things go beyond the excuse of trying to emulate Europe by adhering to the letter of the law as we believe they do abroad. Every now and then we would do well to recognise we do some things better than Europe. We do Humanity better than Europe; we should not abandon that or dismiss it as sentimental.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka Deported from Uganda For Not Having A Working Visa by Legendguru: 11:16pm On Jan 01, 2020
Hmmmm
Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka Deported from Uganda For Not Having A Working Visa by Mrexcell(m): 11:19pm On Jan 01, 2020
byrron:

https://www.thecitizen.co.tz/news/1840340-5403568-view-asAMP-10qwkes/index.html

So ordinary Uganda still deports people? While here our president is declaring free visa for all Africans.
Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka Deported from Uganda For Not Having A Working Visa by Egoveen: 2:55am On Jan 02, 2020
byrron:

I Completely agree with you and I knew where you are coming from but I also didn't want it to look like a contest with a trophy in view which was why I said there are no winners because it is just an interchange of ideas and reasonings, nothing more.
Wallahi you like argumentcheesygrincheesy
Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka Deported from Uganda For Not Having A Working Visa by Nobody: 6:37am On Jan 02, 2020
Very, very well said!
Really even if she wasn't an icon, I think all African countries should disregard regard visa requirements for black travellers from any country.
You see, when u think about it white man invented concept of visas and also drew our borders in Africa.
Litmus:

Comment above excuses Uganda's terrible and anti-Black behaviour. The Exploitation of Nigeria by other Africans continues. The rest of Africa will continue to constitute the actual shit-hole until they learn to take responsibility for their faults.
Yvonne is an African icon, she has sang her heart out for Africa and deserves a form of key to the cities of Africa. Some things go beyond the excuse of trying to emulate Europe by adhering to the letter of the law as we believe they do abroad. Every now and then we would do well to recognise we do some things better than Europe. We do Humanity better than Europe; we should not abandon that or dismiss it as sentimental.
Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka Deported from Uganda For Not Having A Working Visa by einsteine(m): 9:16am On Jan 02, 2020
Ralphlauren:

Exactly.

These people have no idea how difficult it is to get a nigerian work Visa.

You don't need to get a work visa though. Many foreigners are working with the tourist visa. Every 90 days, they travel out and the visa resets and another 90 days start counting.
Re: Yvonne Chaka Chaka Deported from Uganda For Not Having A Working Visa by theDEVILisHERE: 12:39pm On Jan 02, 2020
papagiddy:
If na naija, she will just walk in smiling and immigration officer will be begging her for money.... Uganda is well organize sir!!

Actually Nigerian visa is one of the hardest to get

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

RMD Unveils New Look And Wants To Know What His Fans Think / Burial Ceremony of Actress Moji Olaiya In Ikoyi Cemetery, Lagos (Photos, Videos) / Mr Ibu Daughter: My Husband Flew In From US, Proposed & Married Me In 24 Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.