Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,980 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:06 AM

Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? (25834 Views)

Angry Lady Drives Her Car Into A Bank Hall After Waiting For Hours For Service / What Happens To My Money If I'm Robbed In A Bank While Waiting To Deposit? / Annoying Things That Happen Every Time You Have To Enter A Bank(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by Breather77(f): 3:28pm On Jan 01, 2020
Hey everyone,
My international passport expired in 2018 and I haven't renewed it yet.
Will the bank accept it if I choose it and open a bank account?.
Thanks.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by Lamasta(m): 3:48pm On Jan 01, 2020
Can what has expired be considered valid?

165 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by TUANKU(m): 4:07pm On Jan 01, 2020
Just photocopy the data page and you're good. The main thing is to identify you and your passport number covers that.
I did same when mine expired and UBA still accepted it.
Alternatively, go and open an account with Zenith bank they will do the national identity registration for you there on the spot, no need for your international passport.

100 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by Breather77(f): 4:36pm On Jan 01, 2020
TUANKU:
Just photocopy the data page and you're good. The main thing is to identify you and your passport number covers that.
Alternatively, go and open an account with Zenith bank they will do the national identity registration for you there on the spot, no need for your international passport.
Thanks brother. I'll try zenith bank and see how it goes.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by Breather77(f): 4:37pm On Jan 01, 2020
Lamasta:
Hmmm, but this does not answer the question. undecided

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by Lamasta(m): 5:36pm On Jan 01, 2020
Breather77:
Hmmm, but this does not answer the question. undecided
If you can answer it then you have gotten your answer

27 Likes

Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by paulGrundy(m): 7:05pm On Jan 01, 2020
TUANKU:

i work with a bank and i can tell you that this does not work. they will do a background check on your intl passport via the passport number. better still he should use his permanent voters card. it does not have expiration date.

cc Breather77

59 Likes

Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jan 01, 2020
You can actually open an account without ID card or utility bill but there will be restriction as to the amount of money the account can take.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jan 01, 2020
TUANKU:
Did you know that data page & pasport number changes during renewal of passport?
TUANKU post= 85410633:

They probably open a restricted account for you

7 Likes

Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by Breather77(f): 8:19pm On Jan 01, 2020
Lamasta:

[s] If you can answer it then you have gotten your answer[/s]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by TUANKU(m): 9:25pm On Jan 01, 2020
fados4sure:

Did you know that data page & pasport number changes during renewal of passport?

They probably open a restricted account for you
Not true. Your passport number does not change during renewal, it's permanent. Even your data page won't change during renewal, except you specifically apply for a change to your profile details which attracts extra charges.
The account they opened for me is not restricted, the aim of the data page is for identification and your passport number id you.

9 Likes

Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by TUANKU(m): 9:27pm On Jan 01, 2020
paulGrundy:

i work with a bank and i can tell you that this does not work. they will do a background check on your intl passport via the passport number. better still he should use his permanent voters card. it does not have expiration date.

cc Breather77
I don't know the bank you work with, am not about to prove a point. It worked for me so i suggested it plus i suggested another alternative as well.

9 Likes

Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by paulGrundy(m): 9:33pm On Jan 01, 2020
TUANKU:

I don't know the bank you work with, am not about to prove a point. It worked for me so i suggested it plus i suggested another alternative as well.

they opened a restricted account for you. ask to confirm.

1 Like

Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by TUANKU(m): 9:43pm On Jan 01, 2020
paulGrundy:

they opened a restricted account for you. ask to confirm.
Restricted account won't take up to a thousand dollars, this one does and even more so i know what am saying.

9 Likes

Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by Nobody: 11:37pm On Jan 01, 2020
TUANKU:

Not true. Your passport number does not change during renewal, it's permanent. Even your data page won't change during renewal, except you specifically apply for a change to your profile details which attracts extra charges.
The account they opened for me is not restricted, the aim of the data page is for identification and your passport number id you.
Are you for real?
I have two international passports, one expired and one recent and they both have different passports number and stop posting what you know nothing about or what you speculates

90 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by richmanrichard: 12:57am On Jan 02, 2020
Breather77:
Hey everyone,
My international passport expired in 2018 and I haven't renewed it yet.
Will the bank accept it if I choose it and open a bank account?.
Thanks.
. Yes u can use it. Mine expired since 2016 n i used it to open a new bank acnt last yr n i also still use it in rectifying bank issues frm time to time.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by Breather77(f): 2:34am On Jan 02, 2020
richmanrichard:
. Yes u can use it. Mine expired since 2016 n i used it to open a new bank acnt last yr n i also still use it in rectifying bank issues frm time to time.
Thanks. Please which bank?

1 Like

Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by Breather77(f): 2:37am On Jan 02, 2020
TUANKU:

No, your passport number changes.

14 Likes

Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by Seunaj05(m): 8:44am On Jan 02, 2020
No idea
Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by Authoreety: 8:44am On Jan 02, 2020
Why passport na
Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by Benjaniblinks(m): 8:44am On Jan 02, 2020
Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by SultanOfAbia: 8:44am On Jan 02, 2020
Fde
Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by AntiWailer: 8:44am On Jan 02, 2020
No you cant.

Your means of identification must be VALID as at the point of use.

If u ever used an expired one, it is due to lack of due diligence by whoever collected it from you.

The bank would eventually be responsible for Ur invalid means of ID.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by explosiveskull(m): 8:44am On Jan 02, 2020
people of the world
one day we will be qualified to argue on matters like this

2 Likes

Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by Jidibia(m): 8:44am On Jan 02, 2020
No.
Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by Humphrizy(m): 8:45am On Jan 02, 2020
Capital No..its just like one saying "Can I manage expired drugs because it's already late and some pharmaceutical shops have closed".

Renew it or better still make use of your PVC if you are in Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by Neddstark: 8:45am On Jan 02, 2020
No. they will reject it based on the expiration

2 Likes

Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by IceColdVeins(m): 8:45am On Jan 02, 2020
NO

1 Like

Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by Sofistcatdmoron: 8:46am On Jan 02, 2020
yeah
Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by AntiWailer: 8:46am On Jan 02, 2020
TUANKU:

Passport number changes during renewal.

Stop spreading bullshit.

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by lexy2014: 8:46am On Jan 02, 2020
Lamasta:

If a passport is expired, is d biodata on d passport expired?

2 Likes

Re: Can I Open A Bank Account With An Expired International Passport? by Ijaycool(f): 8:46am On Jan 02, 2020
Short answer: No

Slightly longer answer: Absolutely No.

Long Answer: An expired passport is like a dead human. You have a history but you don't have a future.

19 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

CBN Introduces Current Account Maintenance Fee / Dangote To Renovate MKO Abiola Stadium / Fast Moving Business Ideas In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.