Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,247 members, 7,780,496 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:33 PM

Msc In Dietetics Or Nursing Science?? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Msc In Dietetics Or Nursing Science?? (1506 Views)

Which University Can I Use This JAMB Score To Study Nursing Science? / I Studied In Republic Of Benin.. Can I Obtain My Msc In Nigeria? / Please Advice :- Biomedical Engineering Or Nursing Science (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Msc In Dietetics Or Nursing Science?? by Angelacruz: 9:42pm On Jan 01, 2020
Happy new yr nairalanders.I have a Bsc in home economics (2.1) n i am contemplating on whether i should go for Msc in Dietetics or apply for a direct entry to study nursing science. Pls,which one has more prospect?? N if i am to do direct entry to university,wic uni accept Bsc home econs for direct entry into nursing science.Pls is it possible for me to do direct entry to nursing using my present degree??.thanks.
mod pls help move to front page .
Re: Msc In Dietetics Or Nursing Science?? by Osasnidas(m): 10:02pm On Jan 01, 2020
If you have 4years plus ASUU strike to spare then its okay,.. plus coupled with the fact that Home Economics doesn't appear in DE to study nursing

You have to consider time and finances to make up your mind

You could get A M.Sc and Go for your Ph. D afterwards
Re: Msc In Dietetics Or Nursing Science?? by Angelacruz: 10:05pm On Jan 01, 2020
Tanks...finance is not d problem
Osasnidas:
If you have 4years plus ASUU strike to spare then its okay,.. plus coupled with the fact that Home Economics doesn't appear in DE to study nursing

You have to consider time and finances to make up your mind

You could get A M.Sc and Go for your Ph. D afterwards
Re: Msc In Dietetics Or Nursing Science?? by Angelacruz: 6:44am On Jan 02, 2020
Mod please move it front page
Re: Msc In Dietetics Or Nursing Science?? by edoairways: 8:00am On Jan 02, 2020
Msc in Dietetics would do I doubt it would be easy switching to academic nursing. However I don't know if they would accept pdg nursing if the need be

1 Like

Re: Msc In Dietetics Or Nursing Science?? by Blissbath(f): 2:30pm On Jan 03, 2020
Tank uu...pls wat does pdg mean??
edoairways:
Msc in Dietetics would do I doubt it would be easy switching to academic nursing. However I don't know if they would accept pdg nursing if the need be

1 Like

Re: Msc In Dietetics Or Nursing Science?? by edoairways: 2:45pm On Jan 03, 2020
Blissbath:
Tank uu...pls wat does pdg mean??
Postgraduate diploma. It is a postgraduate program taken by students that graduated with third class or wanting to switch to another department. For example If James Brown ( not real name ) had graduated with third class degree and wants to lecture with same discipline then he should opt in for PGD.
If he had graduated with at least 2.2 and wants to switch from Biochemistry to Engineering then we would do PGD reason been that the bolded discipline aren't related.

2 Likes

Re: Msc In Dietetics Or Nursing Science?? by Blissbath(f): 3:17pm On Jan 03, 2020
Okk...tank uu.
edoairways:

Postgraduate diploma. It is a postgraduate program taken by students that graduated with third class or wanting to switch to another department. For example If James Brown ( not real name ) had graduated with third class degree and wants to lecture with same discipline then he should opt in for PGD.
If he had graduated with at least 2.2 and wants to switch from Biochemistry to Engineering then we would do PGD reason been that the bolded discipline aren't related.

1 Like

Re: Msc In Dietetics Or Nursing Science?? by Freelane33(m): 1:53pm On Oct 26, 2020
Nursing science will be the best bet . I have my reasons . If you want to know ask and I’ll tell you
Angelacruz:
Happy new yr nairalanders.I have a Bsc in home economics (2.1) n i am contemplating on whether i should go for Msc in Dietetics or apply for a direct entry to study nursing science. Pls,which one has more prospect?? N if i am to do direct entry to university,wic uni accept Bsc home econs for direct entry into nursing science.Pls is it possible for me to do direct entry to nursing using my present degree??.thanks.
mod pls help move to front page .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Msc In Dietetics Or Nursing Science?? by Angelacruz: 3:45pm On Oct 26, 2020
Tanks...ve already registered for nursing
Freelane33:
Nursing science will be the best bet . I have my reasons . If you want to know ask and I’ll tell you
Re: Msc In Dietetics Or Nursing Science?? by Freelane33(m): 5:32pm On Oct 26, 2020
You’re welcome
Angelacruz:
Tanks...ve already registered for nursing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Msc In Dietetics Or Nursing Science?? by samuelpeters(m): 8:46pm On Oct 26, 2020
Freelane33:
Nursing is good but hope you have idea how they run their council exams.
Since they believe most DE are from Nursing school and they already have RN. Nursing will generally consider those that came through UTME, then if there's still slot before they will look at any other DE without RN already.
If there's no slot the said DE student will just be stranded in Nursing.

Nursing in universites is brutal.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Msc In Dietetics Or Nursing Science?? by samuelpeters(m): 8:58pm On Oct 26, 2020
edoairways:

Let me buttress your point.
PGD basically is to augment shortcomings in a person's degree.

So someone that graduated with a 3rd Class and wants to do Masters, will get a PGD first ( to appease the gods of universites cheesy) before he/she is now qualified for Masters and subsequently PhD.

HND holders that also want to do Masters, will go through PGD also.

Normally before you lecture as a lecturer, you need PGD in Education but who cares!! cheesy

Finally, you can use it to cross carpet from one discipline to another.
Re: Msc In Dietetics Or Nursing Science?? by Angelacruz: 7:15pm On Oct 30, 2020
samuelpeters:

Nursing is good but hope you have idea how they run their council exams.
Since they believe most DE are from Nursing school and they already have RN. Nursing will generally consider those that came through UTME, then if there's still slot before they will look at any other DE without RN already.
If there's no slot the said DE student will just be stranded in Nursing.

Nursing in universites is brutal.
how is it brutal? can u pls make it clearer?. Are u a nurse?
Re: Msc In Dietetics Or Nursing Science?? by samuelpeters(m): 9:39pm On Oct 30, 2020
Angelacruz:
how is it brutal? can u pls make it clearer?. Are u a nurse?
Just like the illustration i gave above.
What i mean is, they are very strict. No amount of tears will make them change their mind if you fall short of any requirement.
I would always advice anyone that wants to go for DE Nursing to have RN first. Incase things doesn't work out well.

Requirements to sit for her professional exams do change sometimes.
Re: Msc In Dietetics Or Nursing Science?? by Angelacruz: 3:43am On Oct 31, 2020
I applied through utme.Tanks
samuelpeters:

Just like the illustration i gave above.
What i mean is, they are very strict. No amount of tears will make them change their mind if you fall short of any requirement.
I would always advice anyone that wants to go for DE Nursing to have RN first. Incase things doesn't work out well.

Requirements to sit for her professional exams do change sometimes.
Re: Msc In Dietetics Or Nursing Science?? by samuelpeters(m): 8:47am On Oct 31, 2020
Angelacruz:
I applied through utme.Tanks
That is better.
I wish you luck.
Re: Msc In Dietetics Or Nursing Science?? by Angelacruz: 12:57pm On Oct 31, 2020
samuelpeters:
That is better. I wish you luck.
tanks

(1) (Reply)

Tuition And 2008/2009 Admissions At Benson Idahosa University / N.d.a Kaduna Result (2009) / I Hate Motivational Speakers! Do You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.