Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:42 AM

Brake Pedal Vibration - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Brake Pedal Vibration (1484 Views)

Commercial Bus Throttle Cable Tied To The Pedal In Apapa, Lagos State. PHOTOS / 4 Common Causes Of Brake Pedal Vibration And How To Fix It! / Fit-Car PPV: The World's First Pedal-Powered Car (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Brake Pedal Vibration by BwalaMarama: 10:51pm On Jan 01, 2020
Please, the car gurus should help a brother here o. It is my first car. I bought it tocumbo, Toyota Corolla Sport 2007 around September last year.
My experience, whenever I suddenly brake (in an emergency) even at 30km/h speed, I do feel vibration under my leg with the brake pedal. Before I don't feel it but changed the brake pads and the shoes because they have chopped. What could be the problem please? As I said earlier, I'm new about car and I don't want the problem to escalate and lead to bigger problem. I took it to a mechanic which he said the rotor plate (pls pardon me) that have bend and needed to be replaced. I told him I'll get back to him. Please those who have an idea of how to go about this should help a brother.
Another issue I noticed is that, before, one kick my car has answered but of recent I discovered that some time I have to give it two kicks before it start. Please what may be wrong?
Thank you.
Re: Brake Pedal Vibration by hayjayman(m): 11:10pm On Jan 01, 2020
He is right... But in addition, you can tell him to remove it and show you where/that it has bent.....chnge it and continue to njoy your smooth ride

1 Like

Re: Brake Pedal Vibration by BwalaMarama: 11:13pm On Jan 01, 2020
hayjayman:
He is right... But in addition, you can tell him to remove it and show you where/that it has bent.....chnge it and continue to njoy your smooth ride
Ok. Thank you.
Re: Brake Pedal Vibration by EkoErrands: 11:23pm On Jan 01, 2020
BwalaMarama:
Please, the car gurus should help a brother here o. It is my first car. I bought it tocumbo, Toyota Corolla Sport 2007 around September last year.
My experience, whenever I suddenly brake (in an emergency) even at 30km/h speed, I do feel vibration under my leg with the brake pedal. Before I don't feel it but changed the brake pads and the shoes because they have chopped. What could be the problem please? As I said earlier, I'm new about car and I don't want the problem to escalate and lead to bigger problem. I took it to a mechanic which he said the rotor plate (pls pardon me) that have bend and needed to be replaced. I told him I'll get back to him. Please those who have an idea of how to go about this should help a brother.
Another issue I noticed is that, before, one kick my car has answered but of recent I discovered that some time I have to give it two kicks before it start. Please what may be wrong?
Thank you.

That thing he's calling rotor plate is called brake disc and yes it has chopped in an uneven manner, if you have plenty money you can change both of them but if you be salary earner way dey wait for month end, you can ask him to remove them take to a Turner to file the surface for you. In school we call them machinist but mechanic dey call them Turner. Just tell him take am go Turner make them do am. His brain will connect grin

As for you double starting issue, it could be a number of things ...maybe your fuel pump is failing. This happens when the check valve inside the fuel pump fails and it can no longer hold fuel pressure inside the fuel line long enough for the engine to start on the first crank. So you go crank am 2 times before pressure will be enough to start the engine.

I never drive Toyota b4 so I no know what else causes double starting... Maybe battery too procold start sensor ...just go and scan the motor ... Guess work have shown me pepper...just go scan the motor ...no talk say I no warn you o!

2 Likes

Re: Brake Pedal Vibration by BwalaMarama: 7:23am On Jan 02, 2020
EkoErrands:

That thing he's calling rotor plate is called brake disc and yes it has chopped in an uneven manner, if you have plenty money you can change both of them but if you be salary earner way dey wait for month end, you can ask him to remove them take to a Turner to file the surface for you. In school we call them machinist but mechanic dey call them Turner. Just tell him take am go Turner make them do am. His brain will connect grin

As for you double starting issue, it could be a number of things ...maybe your fuel pump is failing. This happens when the check valve inside the fuel pump fails and it can no longer hold fuel pressure inside the fuel line long enough for the engine to start on the first crank. So you go crank am 2 times before pressure will be enough to start the engine.

I never drive Toyota b4 so I no know what else causes double starting... Maybe battery too procold start sensor ...just go and scan the motor ... Guess work have shown me pepper...just go scan the motor ...no talk say I no warn you o!
Thank you very much. I really appreciate.
Re: Brake Pedal Vibration by ochefio: 8:05pm On Jan 02, 2020
The problem is your ABS. have it checked properly
Re: Brake Pedal Vibration by vicolla: 8:58pm On Jan 02, 2020
You are truly a guru..... Nice response.
100 percent correct.

EkoErrands:

1 Like

Re: Brake Pedal Vibration by diportivo: 10:10pm On Jan 02, 2020
BwalaMarama:
Thank you.

abs issues

especially since it started after ur
pads and shoes were changed

as for u kicking the car twice I stead of once,I hope it doesnt break ur foot one day grin

2 Likes

Re: Brake Pedal Vibration by adollyboy(m): 8:32am On Jan 03, 2020
The break disc could be the problem.
The suspension part (arm) can also cause the vibration.Let your mechanic check the two.
On the vehicle not starting once.The problem is related to the fuel line.
Let your mechanic check fuel pump,fuel filter,spark plugs, injector nozzles,air filter

1 Like

Re: Brake Pedal Vibration by BwalaMarama: 6:44pm On Jan 03, 2020
adollyboy:
The break disc could be the problem.
The suspension part (arm) can also cause the vibration.Let your mechanic check the two.
On the vehicle not starting once.The problem is related to the fuel line.
Let your mechanic check fuel pump,fuel filter,spark plugs, injector nozzles,air filter
Thank you very much.
Re: Brake Pedal Vibration by sheu01: 3:25pm On Jan 06, 2020
Let them check the brake disc for you @ BwalaMarama', let me have your no cos i want to ask some question from u
Re: Brake Pedal Vibration by KINGreignn: 6:48am On Jan 07, 2020
BwalaMarama:
Thank you.

When you step on the brake in an emergency, you feel vibrations or pulsating movement on the brake pedal, it's normal if your car has ABS pump. As for the double crank before start, you need to check it out.

Pls, take a picture of the engine bay let's see if you have ABS pump. The pump is towards your left side when you're facing the engine.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

08 Honda Civic Or The 2008 Acura TL / I Need A Car Suitable For A Woman At A Low Budget. / Buying A Car From Cotonou

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.