Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,794 members, 7,802,527 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:55 PM

Jos Residents Lament As Weather Drops To 9°C (Photos) - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jos Residents Lament As Weather Drops To 9°C (Photos) (106882 Views)

Jos: Keke Driver With No Phone Returns Laptop And Wallet Of A Passenger / Huge Pythons Trapped In A Flood In Rivers State, Residents Lament. Photos / Residents Flee As Monkeys Invade Lagos Community (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jos Residents Lament As Weather Drops To 9°C (Photos) by Positivepoint(m): 6:53am On Jan 02, 2020
Katsina is also 9°c today.

Kano 12°c

North is turning to Moscow

Re: Jos Residents Lament As Weather Drops To 9°C (Photos) by saajus: 6:54am On Jan 02, 2020
A lot of researches have shown getting more greener will reduce the effect. More trees around, green/renewable energy, control industrial air wastes and so on
Kekereekun123:
is there any proof those actions will reduce climate change
Re: Jos Residents Lament As Weather Drops To 9°C (Photos) by babzo(m): 6:55am On Jan 02, 2020
Everything is by perspective; 9 degree Celcius is 48 Fahrenheit. In Winter thats beautiful warm weather for people in Russia or Minneapolis, USA. They wear shorts outside and no sweaters.
In California, USA that is chilly because California has climate similar to Nigeria.

Cold for people in Russia or Alaska or Minnesota is when it gets to negative 26 Celcius. Thats when you know wahala dey.

12 Likes

Re: Jos Residents Lament As Weather Drops To 9°C (Photos) by Agugbadin: 6:55am On Jan 02, 2020
The weather that other part of Nigeria is praying for t's a nice and lovely weather. This temperature is warm in some cold countries.

1 Like

Re: Jos Residents Lament As Weather Drops To 9°C (Photos) by Nobody: 6:56am On Jan 02, 2020
saajus:
A lot of researches have shown getting more greener will reduce the effect. More trees around, green/renewable energy, control industrial air wastes and so on
still doesnt prove anything. Weather has changed many times before humans existed. Climate change is a natural phenomena

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jos Residents Lament As Weather Drops To 9°C (Photos) by ruffDiamond: 6:57am On Jan 02, 2020
eyaa , the farthest I ve ever been up North is KD,a little village called saminaka (na work carried me go there o)I was there for like 2 months between December/January, the cold no be here damn!I could barely take my bath ,even with hot water o.. I lodged in mandalla hotel,an KD native acquaintance laughed at my discomfort and said I should try jos nau,that the village is a boundary with Jtown and go. see mother. of all cold . but truth be told I prefer cold to heat anyday

18 Likes

Re: Jos Residents Lament As Weather Drops To 9°C (Photos) by xcel20001: 6:58am On Jan 02, 2020
You say?

1 Like

Re: Jos Residents Lament As Weather Drops To 9°C (Photos) by greatmarshall(m): 6:58am On Jan 02, 2020
Wow
Re: Jos Residents Lament As Weather Drops To 9°C (Photos) by lebete3000: 6:58am On Jan 02, 2020
Cutezt:
Residents of Jos, the Plateau State capital, are experiencing severe cold weather following the change of season.

The weather took a very harsh turn from last Saturday to resume the original nature of the rocky city.

The weather forecast by the Nigeria Metreological unit has put Jos weather as low as 9o Centigrade, a little harsher than Los Angeles California.

The prevailing weather has forced residents to regulate their time of coming in and out of their houses. No more night crawling as residents round off their daily activities fast enough to return home at 6pm.

At the moment, no residents will want to be outside after 7pm and it is highly inconvenient to come out of the house before 9am.

Residents warm water to drink as the water is extremely cold to cause blood clot when taken in it’s natural cold nature.
At day time, people rush to the popular Terminus market at the city center to buy thick socks and tick hand gloves as well as thick winter jackets which is the new sleeping gown for both young and old.

Families have resorted to the use of electric room warmer to sleep comfortably. Those who cannot afford an electric room warmer go for charcoal which they light and place it at the centre of the room.
Medical experts have warned residents to always keep themselves warm both day and night. They have also been warned against playing with cold water to avoid it’s attendance risk.

Residents expressed happiness, at least, that children schools have closed for the year before the cold sets in, else it would have been impossible for children to attend school under the harsh weather.

It's also 9degrees in Sardauna LGA, Taraba State. And Jos isn't the highest place in Nigeria; Gembu in Sardauna LGA, Taraba State is. Heck there are some places you'll have to use torchlight, headlamps or on your full lights, for you to see in the afternoon, as it's totally covered by clouds.

8 Likes

Re: Jos Residents Lament As Weather Drops To 9°C (Photos) by Fourwinds: 6:59am On Jan 02, 2020
The population is now low to create enough heat since the nefarious activities of the foolanis
Re: Jos Residents Lament As Weather Drops To 9°C (Photos) by chiefhead007: 7:00am On Jan 02, 2020
Wetin d thief do u na?
anochuko01:
Just strip a thief unclad to his boxers, pour water on him and tie him to a tree outside. I'm sure that can't be counted as jungle justice
Re: Jos Residents Lament As Weather Drops To 9°C (Photos) by SirMichael1: 7:00am On Jan 02, 2020
CSTR2:

He is an illiterate,.
What has population got to do with cold?

Delhi, the capital of India is currently almost freezing.

All the hogwash he wrote just to sound intelligent?? LOL. His ignorant has yet gotten a rivalry.

1 Like

Re: Jos Residents Lament As Weather Drops To 9°C (Photos) by Nobody: 7:01am On Jan 02, 2020
EddyNumerouno:
I wanted to run 5 km this morning, 2 minutes outside and I’m typing from underneath my duvet.
Na fat I fat, I no kee person

grin grin grin grin grin This made my day cheesy cheesy cheesy

Happy New Year cheesy
Re: Jos Residents Lament As Weather Drops To 9°C (Photos) by SirMichael1: 7:01am On Jan 02, 2020
Fourwinds:
The population is now low to create enough heat since the nefarious activities of the foolanis

Don't be ignorant in your assertions.

5 Likes

Re: Jos Residents Lament As Weather Drops To 9°C (Photos) by Kaydeexotic(m): 7:02am On Jan 02, 2020
DonFreshmoney:
Common 9 degrees and you lamenting.... people are living in countries witnessing -45 degrees...

Go get yourself a jacket or thermal wear and stop making noise... psychos

Ontario was -30 last two weeks... Oslo in Norway was -38 last week... Coldest habitable place in the world which is a village in Russia recorded -65 just two days ago... The funny thing is we have Nigerians living in all these places... I'm proud to be Nigerian but not proud of our leaders

5 Likes

Re: Jos Residents Lament As Weather Drops To 9°C (Photos) by elfico(m): 7:02am On Jan 02, 2020
Cutezt:

. Those who cannot afford an electric room warmer go for charcoal which they light and place it at the centre of the room.
This is also very dangerous if proper care is not taken. If it happens in a room without proper ventilation, it could lead to carbon monoxide poisoning. It's just like running generator in a closed room

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jos Residents Lament As Weather Drops To 9°C (Photos) by superfitsez(m): 7:06am On Jan 02, 2020
DonFreshmoney:
Common 9 degrees and you lamenting.... people are living in countries witnessing -45 degrees...

mumu,,,.

1 Like

Re: Jos Residents Lament As Weather Drops To 9°C (Photos) by Fourwinds: 7:09am On Jan 02, 2020
SirMichael1:

Don't be ignorant in your assertions.
do you know the air you breath out is warm... Now imagine a large gathering of people giving out such air... This is proven... Have you been in a class with populated students ? Find out
Re: Jos Residents Lament As Weather Drops To 9°C (Photos) by Nobody: 7:10am On Jan 02, 2020
Neoteny:
Three douchebags and a token cunt

(And a partridge in a pear tree)

lmao grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jos Residents Lament As Weather Drops To 9°C (Photos) by Nobody: 7:13am On Jan 02, 2020
Any girl that needs free warmer please contact me immediately; I'm doing this out of the goodness of my heart with no strings attached. Thank you
Re: Jos Residents Lament As Weather Drops To 9°C (Photos) by SirMichael1: 7:14am On Jan 02, 2020
dangoteinlaw:
lol u really sure about that? The only reason a single degree drop in Lagos is due to December traveling where alot of ibos and the rest take the family and cause population decrease. Even as I type now the morning Is ice cold but as from next tomorrow there's a certain heat wave you will start feeling u will know the congestion is back again.so Bru forget that the upper you go tin, we are surrounded by lagoon, why isn't the cold air reducing d temperature Even for bar beach u go sweat here.

LOL. According to that same geography you have refused to consult, yet would want me to school you...

Due to the vastness of the ocean body, it absorbs sun rays, heat waves during the day and releases it to the surrounding land. Then you wake at midnight consulting your oracle why you're been punished for a crime you're yet to commit.

So the fact that you're staying close to the sea, doesn't give you the luxury to afford chilled weather any day. The only way you'll get chilled harmattan breeze is when the harmattan wind from the north reaches you guys until then, you can keep being the useless ethnic bigot you are and get the fûck off my mentions with your unintelligence.

22 Likes

Re: Jos Residents Lament As Weather Drops To 9°C (Photos) by SirMichael1: 7:16am On Jan 02, 2020
Fourwinds:
do you know the air you breath out is warm... Now imagine a large gathering of people giving out such air... This is proven... Have you been in a class with populated students ? Find out

This is true to a confined place, except that Jos isn't confined or better still, Jos has got no four walls.

11 Likes

Re: Jos Residents Lament As Weather Drops To 9°C (Photos) by GogetterMD(m): 7:19am On Jan 02, 2020
Cutezt:
Residents of Jos, the Plateau State capital, are experiencing severe cold weather following the change of season.

The weather took a very harsh turn from last Saturday to resume the original nature of the rocky city.

The weather forecast by the Nigeria Metreological unit has put Jos weather as low as 9o Centigrade, a little harsher than Los Angeles California.

The prevailing weather has forced residents to regulate their time of coming in and out of their houses. No more night crawling as residents round off their daily activities fast enough to return home at 6pm.

At the moment, no residents will want to be outside after 7pm and it is highly inconvenient to come out of the house before 9am.

Residents warm water to drink as the water is extremely cold to cause blood clot when taken in it’s natural cold nature.
At day time, people rush to the popular Terminus market at the city center to buy thick socks and tick hand gloves as well as thick winter jackets which is the new sleeping gown for both young and old.

Families have resorted to the use of electric room warmer to sleep comfortably. Those who cannot afford an electric room warmer go for charcoal which they light and place it at the centre of the room.
Medical experts have warned residents to always keep themselves warm both day and night. They have also been warned against playing with cold water to avoid it’s attendance risk.

Residents expressed happiness, at least, that children schools have closed for the year before the cold sets in, else it would have been impossible for children to attend school under the harsh weather.
OP Cook finish start to dey mix lies with am as spice. Where in the world have you ever seen cold water causing blood to clot

And BTW, 9°c is not as bad as painted. Jos is not even the coldest place in Plateau state, or in the plateaus

3 Likes

Re: Jos Residents Lament As Weather Drops To 9°C (Photos) by Smoke47: 7:21am On Jan 02, 2020

1 Like

Re: Jos Residents Lament As Weather Drops To 9°C (Photos) by Smoke47: 7:25am On Jan 02, 2020
dangoteinlaw:
lol u really sure about that? The only reason a single degree drop in Lagos is due to December traveling where alot of ibos and the rest take the family and cause population decrease. Even as I type now the morning Is ice cold but as from next tomorrow there's a certain heat wave you will start feeling u will know the congestion is back again.so Bru forget that the upper you go tin, we are surrounded by lagoon, why isn't the cold air reducing d temperature Even for bar beach u go sweat here.
stop showing your ignorance ass around this thread! You have no point

9 Likes

Re: Jos Residents Lament As Weather Drops To 9°C (Photos) by salford1: 7:26am On Jan 02, 2020
DonFreshmoney:

9 is actually very cold for Nigeria.

10 Likes

Re: Jos Residents Lament As Weather Drops To 9°C (Photos) by Topmaike007(m): 7:29am On Jan 02, 2020
PointZerom:
Let them relocate to Australia.
bushfire
Re: Jos Residents Lament As Weather Drops To 9°C (Photos) by ClitRaider: 7:31am On Jan 02, 2020
Na to dey fukafuka everyday.
Re: Jos Residents Lament As Weather Drops To 9°C (Photos) by onegig(m): 7:31am On Jan 02, 2020
Positivepoint:
Katsina is also 9°c today.

Kano 12°c

North is turning to Moscow

Served at the border town between Kano and Katsina and God there were days I just felt like disappearing into thin air.

Nose completely blocked. Breathing in sharp cold dusty air through your mouth and hands freezing, dry and caking. Finished a jar of Vaseline within weeks

The only saving grace was that the sun goes up early enough like around 12 to bring the cold down. Nights were like freezing ice.

3 Likes

Re: Jos Residents Lament As Weather Drops To 9°C (Photos) by Viking007(m): 7:32am On Jan 02, 2020
EddyNumerouno:
I wanted to run 5 km this morning, 2 minutes outside and I’m typing from underneath my duvet.
Na fat I fat, I no kee person
cheesy
Re: Jos Residents Lament As Weather Drops To 9°C (Photos) by DandeNumeruno(m): 7:34am On Jan 02, 2020
SirMichael1:

LOL. According to that same geography you have refused to consult, yet would want me to school you...

Due to the vastness of the ocean body, it absorbs sun rays, heat waves during the day and releases it to the surrounding land. Then you wake at midnight consulting your oracle why you're been punished for a crime you're yet to commit.

So the fact that you're staying close to the sea, doesn't give you the luxury to afford chilled weather any day. The only way you'll get chilled harmattan breeze is when the harmattan wind from the north reaches you guys until then, you can keep being the useless ethnic bigot you are and get the fûck off my mentions with your unintelligence.

you're too smart for the fool. just let him be.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jos Residents Lament As Weather Drops To 9°C (Photos) by Rebuke: 7:35am On Jan 02, 2020
Very funny people saying other countries get colder than Jos.

May God not let us see evil. Those countries yhu are referring to have working facilities to curtail the cold to certain degree.

Naija wey light no dey, yhu can't even be sure of 15 hours of electricity in a day. If yhu like have room warmer or heater everywhere in yhur house, no be electricity yhu go take power am? undecided

Even though yhu get gen no be fuel yhu go take power the gen?

If yhu run out of fuel, yhu no go to buy? Na that time yhu too go know say cold dey na. grin

Abeg make we just dey pray make we no experience the kind cold advanced countries do experience. cheesy cheesy

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How To Check If Your Sim Is Registered: Mtn; Glo; Etisalat; Airtel. / Massive Female Python Killed In Apapa - Conoil Fueling Station (Picture) / Yahoo Boy Runs Mad In Lagos; Jumps Out Of His Range Rover And Tears Clothes -Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.