Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,185 members, 7,807,624 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:26 PM

Jos Residents Lament As Weather Drops To 9°C (Photos) - Nairaland / General (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jos Residents Lament As Weather Drops To 9°C (Photos) (106907 Views)

Jos: Keke Driver With No Phone Returns Laptop And Wallet Of A Passenger / Huge Pythons Trapped In A Flood In Rivers State, Residents Lament. Photos / Residents Flee As Monkeys Invade Lagos Community (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jos Residents Lament As Weather Drops To 9°C (Photos) by DahOriginal(m): 4:36pm On Jan 02, 2020
When bauchi was 10degrees this morning I did not complain all this Jos people should let us rest no be only una cold dey catch
Re: Jos Residents Lament As Weather Drops To 9°C (Photos) by Nostradamu(m): 4:51pm On Jan 02, 2020
sparog:
grin

Weather for 4 and above... After all, keeping warm is the goal

grin grin grin grin grin grin! Oshey! Na Global Warming bi dis. I LIKE,
Re: Jos Residents Lament As Weather Drops To 9°C (Photos) by spiralwedge(m): 5:21pm On Jan 02, 2020
Alore:
9 degree and complaining?... SMH... undecided

It is -2 degree in Berlin

Mumu, that is not even as cold as -25 I experienced in Russia. My point is that it is expected in Berlin and the structures are built for the weather, not the same in Jos.

TB, influenza etc will soon ravage Jos if I stays longer than 2 days, because of the 3rd World factors and the harmattan dust.
Re: Jos Residents Lament As Weather Drops To 9°C (Photos) by juggernaut35(m): 5:33pm On Jan 02, 2020
Say what 8 shocked
Re: Jos Residents Lament As Weather Drops To 9°C (Photos) by ajl: 5:33pm On Jan 02, 2020
That's why Jos Plateau weather condition offer unique opportunities for certain agricultural ventures but Nigerians are not taking full advantage of that. Specific crops prefer this type of weather. Kenya is one of the leading exporter of ornamental plants because of this. Nigerians are slacking big time. Or do you want government to come do all this kinds of things for you?

If not for security situation in Jo's and its environ, it would have been my preferred living destination.

1 Like

Re: Jos Residents Lament As Weather Drops To 9°C (Photos) by XullySwt(f): 5:54pm On Jan 02, 2020
Nawawo shocked
lebete3000:

It's also 9degrees in Sardauna LGA, Taraba State. And Jos isn't the highest place in Nigeria; Gembu in Sardauna LGA, Taraba State is. Heck there are some places you'll have to use torchlight, headlamps or on your full lights, for you to see in the afternoon, as it's totally covered by clouds.
Re: Jos Residents Lament As Weather Drops To 9°C (Photos) by CsRockefeller(m): 6:06pm On Jan 02, 2020
SirMichael1:

Are you in Jos South? Let's meet.

Unfortunately, I left last year. I'm open to return if I can find a good job up there.
Re: Jos Residents Lament As Weather Drops To 9°C (Photos) by ajl: 6:08pm On Jan 02, 2020
dangoteinlaw:
lol u really sure about that? The only reason a single degree drop in Lagos is due to December traveling where alot of ibos and the rest take the family and cause population decrease. Even as I type now the morning Is ice cold but as from next tomorrow there's a certain heat wave you will start feeling u will know the congestion is back again.so Bru forget that the upper you go tin, we are surrounded by lagoon, why isn't the cold air reducing d temperature Even for bar beach u go sweat here.

You got things mixed up a bit. High population density could mean increased local temperature due to increased human activities that drive temperature up due to release of heat; or high amount of vehicles on the road increasing heat-trapping (smog) pollutants in the atmosphere.

The heat experienced in a city is (i.e. heat island) is controlled by multiple factors and not solely by the city population density. It's just a contributing factor. How much significant it is, you can't say except it's scientifically proven through research that look at Lagos specifically.

Factors that control city temperature include: vegetation cover, prevalence of concrete pavements, road network surfaces, number of vehicles on the road, prevalence of specific atmospheric pollutants, etc.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/city-hotter-countryside-urban-heat-island-science-180951985/
Re: Jos Residents Lament As Weather Drops To 9°C (Photos) by SirMichael1: 6:12pm On Jan 02, 2020
CsRockefeller:

Unfortunately, I left last year. I'm open to return if I can find a good job up there.

Alright brother.
Re: Jos Residents Lament As Weather Drops To 9°C (Photos) by sparog(m): 6:28pm On Jan 02, 2020
Nostradamu:

grin grin grin grin grin grin! Oshey! Na Global Warming bi dis. I LIKE,

grin grin grin grin
Re: Jos Residents Lament As Weather Drops To 9°C (Photos) by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jan 02, 2020
Its not only Jos o, in Benue same temperature, i took my family home for Xmas, i almost lost my daughter due to hash wether, i don't need a prophet to tell me to run from home.
Re: Jos Residents Lament As Weather Drops To 9°C (Photos) by slex(m): 7:24pm On Jan 02, 2020
Rubbish

Pls send that type of weather to Lagos pls .

When we de -20 that year , we no survive ?? Jos people de ur day .
Re: Jos Residents Lament As Weather Drops To 9°C (Photos) by Hearme(m): 8:35pm On Jan 02, 2020
J111333:
Ordinary 9 degrees and people are shouting and many of them are sleeping at embassies apply for visas to Europe.
What an irony.

In Europe, you have heaters in your rooms, trains, buses and offices. Here in Nija (Jos), they don't have those essiential needs to combat cold. They seal up windows, burn firewoods and charcoal, refuse to bath untill it's noon, they don't have regular power supply etc.

If Nigeria experiences 0 degree generally for 2 weeks then Nigeria will have had a big share of Natural disaster. Because it will wipe out so many homeless and poor people. Many will develop Pneumonia.
Re: Jos Residents Lament As Weather Drops To 9°C (Photos) by ForbesHomesNG(m): 9:28pm On Jan 02, 2020
sparog:
grin

Weather for 4 and above... After all, keeping warm is the goal
Re: Jos Residents Lament As Weather Drops To 9°C (Photos) by Ahmed0336(m): 9:40pm On Jan 02, 2020
Burntcoal:
coward..... Smiles.
grin

Born and bred in jos girl just that I'm allergic to cold grin grin
Re: Jos Residents Lament As Weather Drops To 9°C (Photos) by lebete3000: 1:12am On Jan 03, 2020
XullySwt:
Nawawo shocked

Lol...already donning a cool sweatie daily...
Re: Jos Residents Lament As Weather Drops To 9°C (Photos) by EmpressT(f): 1:20am On Jan 03, 2020
As far as this is Nigeria, Plateau state will forever be my favourite because I have been there and I have had an experience living there. Their foods are way cheaper and cost of living also. Jos for me is like a small london cheesy
Re: Jos Residents Lament As Weather Drops To 9°C (Photos) by SuperBlack: 4:53am On Jan 03, 2020
dominique:
How will the homeless people cope in such weather sad
Re: Jos Residents Lament As Weather Drops To 9°C (Photos) by Nobody: 7:34am On Jan 03, 2020
mexzony:

grin grin you say what's the difference. grin grin
If Jos drops to minus una go know. grin grin
I can't wait for that to happen grin
Re: Jos Residents Lament As Weather Drops To 9°C (Photos) by Nobody: 7:36am On Jan 03, 2020
EmpressT:
As far as this is Nigeria, Plateau state will forever be my favourite because I have been there and I have had an experience living there. Their foods are way cheaper and cost of living also. Jos for me is like a small london cheesy
Baby let go and settled down in Jos together wink
Re: Jos Residents Lament As Weather Drops To 9°C (Photos) by Zumbest(m): 8:35am On Jan 03, 2020
dominique:
How will the homeless people cope in such weather sad

You can imagine my dear, especially the ones in IDPs, God have mercy

1 Like

Re: Jos Residents Lament As Weather Drops To 9°C (Photos) by Zainabhamzat20(f): 8:45am On Jan 03, 2020
great664:

That cold is what glued me to stay back in Jos after service and so far... Best decision of my life..
Eya that nice, well It better to stay in a state with cool weather than harsh one.

1 Like

Re: Jos Residents Lament As Weather Drops To 9°C (Photos) by EmpressT(f): 10:44am On Jan 03, 2020
Really? I don't know you man
Jesse25:
Baby let go and settled down in Jos together wink
Re: Jos Residents Lament As Weather Drops To 9°C (Photos) by somtookeke(m): 10:55am On Jan 03, 2020
Weather in Jos, Kano scares residents, keep indoors
https://speakersden2..com/2020/01/weather-in-jos-kano-scares-residents.html

Re: Jos Residents Lament As Weather Drops To 9°C (Photos) by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jan 03, 2020
EmpressT:
Really? I don't know you man
Whatsapp me 07086442489 let engaged socially �
wink Am waiting
Re: Jos Residents Lament As Weather Drops To 9°C (Photos) by EmpressT(f): 1:28pm On Jan 03, 2020
Not on whatsapp
Jesse25:
Whatsapp me 07086442489 let engaged socially � wink Am waiting
Re: Jos Residents Lament As Weather Drops To 9°C (Photos) by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jan 03, 2020
EmpressT:
Not on whatsapp
OK give me a call or
Message me
Re: Jos Residents Lament As Weather Drops To 9°C (Photos) by EmpressT(f): 1:40pm On Jan 03, 2020
Ok.
Jesse25:
OK give me a call or Message me
Re: Jos Residents Lament As Weather Drops To 9°C (Photos) by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jan 03, 2020
EmpressT:
Ok.
Thanks am waiting

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How To Check If Your Sim Is Registered: Mtn; Glo; Etisalat; Airtel. / Massive Female Python Killed In Apapa - Conoil Fueling Station (Picture) / Yahoo Boy Runs Mad In Lagos; Jumps Out Of His Range Rover And Tears Clothes -Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.