Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,409 members, 7,808,456 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:09 PM

Which Toyota Sienna Has A Switchable 4WD? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Which Toyota Sienna Has A Switchable 4WD? (742 Views)

Toks Standard Few Months Used 2010 Sienna Has Verifiable Custom Duty 08168995190 / Which Toyota Car From Year 2005 Is Good And Durable For A Starter? / Sold Sold Sold,This Sienna has been Sold (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Toyota Sienna Has A Switchable 4WD? by excanny: 4:48am On Jan 02, 2020
I'm planning to buy a Toyota Sienna pretty soon. So basically just looking around and researching on which model and trim to go for in a foreign used one.

So I live in a new developed area with muddy roads during the rain season but then I run around in the main town a lot with fairly good roads. The only time I face these muddy roads is when going home in the evenings.

So from my situation, I need a Sienna that has 4WD that I can turn on when I get to the muddy areas and turn off when I get to town.

Which model years and trims will do?

Will really appreciate your contributions and experiences.
Re: Which Toyota Sienna Has A Switchable 4WD? by lekkys: 5:01am On Jan 02, 2020
I think from 04 upward,, I have 04 model ÀWD presently.
Re: Which Toyota Sienna Has A Switchable 4WD? by oladipuposadeeq(m): 5:20am On Jan 02, 2020
excanny:
I'm planning to buy a Toyota Sienna pretty soon. So basically just looking around and researching on which model and trim to go for in a foreign used one.

So I live in a new developed area with muddy roads during the rain season but then I run around in the main town a lot with fairly good roads. The only time I face these muddy roads is when going home in the evenings.

So from my situation, I need a Sienna that has 4WD that I can turn on when I get to the muddy areas and turn off when I get to town.

Which model years and trims will do?

Will really appreciate your contributions and experiences.
yeah lekkys is right, its from 04 upwards, you would see the inscription written at the boot AWD most of the trims of Sienna that has this is the XLE/LIMITED VERSION.
Re: Which Toyota Sienna Has A Switchable 4WD? by excanny: 5:25am On Jan 02, 2020
oladipuposadeeq:
yeah lekkys is right, its from 04 upwards, you would see the inscription written at the boot AWD most of the trims of Sienna that has this is the XLE/LIMITED VERSION.

This is also for lekkys.

Can the AWD be turned off cos it consumes fuel when not needed? I don't want a permanent AWD.
Re: Which Toyota Sienna Has A Switchable 4WD? by oladipuposadeeq(m): 5:45am On Jan 02, 2020
excanny:

This is also for lekkys.

Can the AWD be turned off cos it consumes fuel when not needed? I don't want a permanent AWD.
it can't be turned off because all four wheel works all the time unlike a 4wd where you can switch to either front wheel or rear wheel depending on the maker of the car.
Re: Which Toyota Sienna Has A Switchable 4WD? by excanny: 5:48am On Jan 02, 2020
oladipuposadeeq:
it can't be turned off because all four wheel works all the time unlike a 4wd where you can switch to either front wheel or rear wheel depending on the maker of the car.

I suspected that. And as you can see, I specifically mentioned 4WD not AWD.

Is there any Sienna with 4WD (Note: Not a permanent AWD, I don't need that.)
Re: Which Toyota Sienna Has A Switchable 4WD? by oladipuposadeeq(m): 5:55am On Jan 02, 2020
excanny:

I suspected that. And as you can see, I specifically mentioned 4WD not AWD.

Is there any Sienna with 4WD (Note: Not Pa permanent AWD, I don't need that.)
sincerely there is none, i wont say because i need money i shld downloading lies to you but think it thru very well and decide on the vehicle even if its still sienna i could help you get it and deliver if you are not in Lagos.
Re: Which Toyota Sienna Has A Switchable 4WD? by excanny: 11:26am On Jan 02, 2020
oladipuposadeeq:
sincerely there is none, i wont say because i need money i shld downloading lies to you but think it thru very well and decide on the vehicle even if its still sienna i could help you get it and deliver if you are not in Lagos.

Which one has back door window that can be wound down?

Toyota really mess up for this Sienna.

No 4WD option.

Windows sealed. Not conducive for hot climate.
Re: Which Toyota Sienna Has A Switchable 4WD? by oladipuposadeeq(m): 1:33pm On Jan 02, 2020
excanny:

Which one has back door window that can be wound down?

Toyota really mess up for this Sienna.

No 4WD option.

Windows sealed. Not conducive for hot climate.
haba no oooooo from 2004 upwards has back window with power control oooooo because i delivered one to a doctor in akwa ibom last year.

(1) (Reply)

Awoof!! Direct Belgium 2017 Mercedes Benz GLE-350 / Nigeria Used Toyota Avensis In Lagos For 1.5 / Land Cruiser V8 2019 Model Brand New Needed(4 Units)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.