Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,787 members, 7,798,628 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:29 AM

Again, Buhari Shuts Down 3rd Term Agenda Talks - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Again, Buhari Shuts Down 3rd Term Agenda Talks (19806 Views)

Buhari Shuts Down Flutter Wave For Funding Endsars Protests / Buhari Shuts Door On Oshiomole/tinubu / MORE PHOTOS ! As Buhari Shuts Down Ebonyi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Again, Buhari Shuts Down 3rd Term Agenda Talks by MatataHakuna: 9:17am On Jan 02, 2020
President Muhammadu Buhari has reiterated his intention not to contest the 2023 presidential elections but determined to help strengthen the electoral process both in Nigeria and across Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS).

News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that several ECOWAS members will be going to the polls in 2020.
Buhari made his feelings known in a letter to Nigerians issued by his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Mr Femi Adesina, in Abuja on Wednesday to mark the commencement of 2020.

He said his decision to help strengthen the electoral process, particularly in Nigeria, was informed by the frustrations the nation’s electoral system had triggered.

“Elections are the cornerstone of our democracy.

I salute the commitment of the millions who voted in peace last February and of those leaders who contested for office vigorously but fairly, submitting to the authority of the electorate, the Independent National Electoral Commission and judicial process.

“I understand very well the frustrations our system has in the past triggered. I will be standing down in 2023 and will not be available in any future elections.

“But I am determined to help strengthen the electoral process both in Nigeria and across the region, where several ECOWAS members go to the polls this year,’’ he said.

On security, the president said: “As Commander-in-Chief, my primary concern is the security of the nation and the safety of our citizens.

“When I assumed office in May 2015 my first task was to rally our neighbours so that we could confront Boko Haram on a coordinated regional basis. Chaos is not a neighbour any of us hope for.

“We have been fighting on several fronts: violent extremists, cultists and organised criminal networks. It has not been easy.

“But as we are winning the war, we also look to the challenge of winning the peace, the reconstruction of lives, communities and markets.’’

ALSO READ: Buhari sends stern warning to politicians ahead of 2023 elections

According to the president, the North East Development Commission will work with local and international stakeholders to help create a new beginning for the region.

He also expressed government’s readiness to continue to work with State Governors, neighbouring countries and the international partners to tackle the root causes of violent extremism and the networks that help finance and organise terror.

“Our security forces will receive the best training and modern weaponry, and in turn will be held to the highest standards of professionalism and respect for human rights.

“We will use all the human and emerging technological resources available to tackle kidnapping, banditry and armed robbery.

“The new Ministry of Police Affairs increased recruitment of officers and the security reforms being introduced will build on what we are already delivering.

“We will work tirelessly at home and with our allies in support of our policies to protect the security of life and property,’’ he added.

Buhari maintained that his administration’s actions would be governed by the rule of law as well as engagement with well-meaning leaders and citizens to promote dialogue, partnership and understanding.

“We need a democratic government that can guarantee peace and security to realise the full potential of our ingenious, entrepreneurial and hard-working people.

“Our policies are designed to promote genuine, balanced growth that delivers jobs and rewards industry.

“Our new Economic Advisory Council brings together respected and independent thinkers to advise me on a strategy that champions inclusive and balanced growth and above all fight poverty and safeguard national economic interests.

“As we have sat down to celebrate with friends and family over this holiday season, for the first time in a generation our food plates have not all been filled with imports of products we know can easily be produced here at home,’’ he said.

He also noted that the nation’s revolution in agriculture had become a reality in all corners of the country.

The president expressed the hope that the new agreements with Morocco, Russia and others would help access on attractive terms the inputs the country needed to accelerate the transformation in farming.

ALSO READ: Presidency dissociates Buhari from six-year single term for President bill

“A good example of commitment to this inclusive growth is the signing of the African Continental Free Trade Area and the creation of the National Action Committee to oversee its implementation and ensure the necessary safeguards are in place to allow us to fully capitalise on regional and continental markets.

“The joint land border security exercise currently taking place is meant to safeguard Nigeria’s economy and security. No one can doubt that we have been good neighbours and good citizens.

“We have been the helpers and shock-absorbers of the sub-region but we cannot allow our well-planned economic regeneration to be sabotaged.

“As soon as we are satisfied that the safeguards are adequate, normal cross-border movements will be resumed,’’ he added.

Author: News Agency Of Nigeria Source: NAN
https://www.pulse.ng/news/politics/3rd-term-agenda-i-will-be-standing-down-in-2023-president-buhari-insists/dg2trhg.amp

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Again, Buhari Shuts Down 3rd Term Agenda Talks by MatataHakuna: 9:18am On Jan 02, 2020
News source: igood123.com

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Again, Buhari Shuts Down 3rd Term Agenda Talks by F4NLM: 9:29am On Jan 02, 2020
God bless...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Again, Buhari Shuts Down 3rd Term Agenda Talks by saaron(m): 9:35am On Jan 02, 2020
No one gives a crap about what this tyrrant says. The real bone of contention is what the islamist regime have planned for in the next general election. A lot of people will be shocked at what will happen in 2023.
Nigerians think Islamist fundamentalist like Buhari will hand over to a Southern Christian or any Southerner, but I tell you with all certainty that will never happen. Northern fundamentalist have NO PLAN of handing over power to the South!
Northern islamist fundamentalist live by Sharia and those living by sharia are charged to resist govt of infidels. If their koran sharia laws charged them to resist infidels, why will they hand over power to infidels?
It's for this reason buhari is facing out christians infidels from top govt agencies and replaced with muslims. Concentration of power in the hand of muslims is one of the tenets of sharia. Where do you thing islamist like buhari got the balls to remove a Christian CJN for a muslim CJN illegally? From sharia law. If someone like Buhari who live by strict tenets of Sharia, what makes you think he will hand over power to infidels? Handing over reigns of power to infidels in 2023 will amount to disobedience of the koran.
Muslims are charged to RESIST the rule of Infidels by all means. You thing boko haram was an accident? Boko haram was specifically created to Resist infidel govts - OBJ, GEJ.
If northerns could sink so low to create terrorist groups like boko haram that claimed thousands of lives just to take back power from infidels, what make you think these same northerners will hand over to Southern Nigeria in 2023?
Buhari will never hand over power to infidels.

Relax and see what will happen in the geographical deception called One-Nigeria.
NOTE; North regards Southern Christians and Muslims as Infidels.

Modified:
BTW, free and fair elections is dead! So anyone counting on buhari's islamist regime to conduct free and fair elections is just decieving his/her self.

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Again, Buhari Shuts Down 3rd Term Agenda Talks by MatataHakuna: 9:39am On Jan 02, 2020
A lot has happened in 2019. . . I hope everyone can live a better life in 2020. . .

2 Likes

Re: Again, Buhari Shuts Down 3rd Term Agenda Talks by BackToLife: 9:45am On Jan 02, 2020
Pls, help me choose before I regret. I was about deciding the one to go for among the 2 today. Let's settle this once and for all. Like for OPPO. Share for Xiaomi.

soullove1881:

Xiaomi is 10000% better, effective, stronger than Oppo.
Oppo is just an advanced MTK PROCESSORS Phones

SolarKing1:
Lies!

It is Xiaomi phones that are far overpriced, selling overpriced heating phones to ostentaneous mindset Nigerians. OPPO has our best interest at heart in their sophisticated production, binging the best at affordable rates. Xiaomi is too stingy with Ram, Rom, Battery capacity, and other vital features. I know more than 5 persons that are so happy that they replaced their over-priced heating Xiaomi with cool OppoA9 2020 (8GB RAM, 128GB ROM, 5,000mah Battery, and other awesome specs) costs just N82,000.

No single Xiaomi has 8GB RAM, 128GB ROM, 5,000mah Battery, etc. at affordable price. Lasting battery is so important to us in Nigeria, if Xiaomi care a ratass about Nigerians, they would have done this and more as appreciation for maseive Market. They are just greedy wicked Company milking us dry. Wake up! Oppo all the way! I love my Oppo phone.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Again, Buhari Shuts Down 3rd Term Agenda Talks by Zico5(m): 9:45am On Jan 02, 2020
Before nko, try it and face the consequences. Obj with all his power failed woefully. Those pushing the third agenda are just foolish people with selfish interest. They just wish to drain the old man and leave him in the cold. They know the agenda can never scalp through. They just want to do a little loyalty for the man to think he is something important whereas they know the reverse is the case.

2 Likes

Re: Again, Buhari Shuts Down 3rd Term Agenda Talks by CotenantNIG: 9:45am On Jan 02, 2020
it cant happen now

Nigeria constitution is defined on this even when obasanjo wanted to try it, it was crushed

Places in Lagos you can get an apartment for as low as
₦50,000
Number 3 would shock you
https://cotenant.ng/shared-apartment-flat-apartment-for-rent-in-lagos/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Again, Buhari Shuts Down 3rd Term Agenda Talks by NwaAmaikpe: 9:46am On Jan 02, 2020
shocked

Baba please don't shut it down.

You'd be amazed by how many of us support you as long as you can pay us our 30k stipend and give us free campaign t-shirts.

We don't mind if you ruin this country, just continue ruling us.
We'd prefer a Buhari 3rd term to a Tinubu's single term.

46 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Again, Buhari Shuts Down 3rd Term Agenda Talks by Neroiam(m): 9:46am On Jan 02, 2020
Even if he tink am seff, e no go happen!!

Benz lovers, check out this GLE

https://www.nairaland.com/5527144/mercedes-benz-gle-450-2017
Re: Again, Buhari Shuts Down 3rd Term Agenda Talks by aolawale025: 9:47am On Jan 02, 2020
Till then
Seeing is believing
Re: Again, Buhari Shuts Down 3rd Term Agenda Talks by Ajibade123(m): 9:47am On Jan 02, 2020
oga 2023 is coming and you will pack your load and leave that office
anyway do you wish to study or work in Australia, Canada or US check my signature for more info

1 Like

Re: Again, Buhari Shuts Down 3rd Term Agenda Talks by edo3(m): 9:47am On Jan 02, 2020
B
Re: Again, Buhari Shuts Down 3rd Term Agenda Talks by ChiXian: 9:47am On Jan 02, 2020
I hope this person can lead us to rich!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Again, Buhari Shuts Down 3rd Term Agenda Talks by MrPresident1: 9:47am On Jan 02, 2020
King Buhari

King Jubril of Sudan

1 Like

Re: Again, Buhari Shuts Down 3rd Term Agenda Talks by slimderek(m): 9:47am On Jan 02, 2020
For the fact that this guy keeps talking about the 3rd term agenda makes him very suspicious.

Something sinister is at play here, He keeps appointing Northerners to position of power so 2023 would be a ride in a park.

6 Likes

Re: Again, Buhari Shuts Down 3rd Term Agenda Talks by ArmaniUhuru: 9:48am On Jan 02, 2020
World most useless.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Again, Buhari Shuts Down 3rd Term Agenda Talks by Egoveen: 9:48am On Jan 02, 2020
Really So Jubril abi na Jibrin wan go third term.... This calls for concern.....just suggesting thoughsad

3 Likes

Re: Again, Buhari Shuts Down 3rd Term Agenda Talks by Nobody: 9:48am On Jan 02, 2020
We don’t care what you say. We’ll wait and see what you do.

2 Likes

Re: Again, Buhari Shuts Down 3rd Term Agenda Talks by wonuks(m): 9:49am On Jan 02, 2020
cool
Re: Again, Buhari Shuts Down 3rd Term Agenda Talks by kandral: 9:49am On Jan 02, 2020
Whether Buhari likes it or not, he must rule this country till he dies. Well, everything lies in the hands of the Cabal, Buhari cannot defy their order.

1 Like

Re: Again, Buhari Shuts Down 3rd Term Agenda Talks by victorazyvictor(m): 9:49am On Jan 02, 2020
I hear! as if he for no grab it if it was possible.
Re: Again, Buhari Shuts Down 3rd Term Agenda Talks by Rapmoney(m): 9:49am On Jan 02, 2020
Silly incompetent fellow!

1 Like

Re: Again, Buhari Shuts Down 3rd Term Agenda Talks by CharleyBright(m): 9:50am On Jan 02, 2020
Yeye Man.
Dont make it look like you are doing us a favor by not seeking a third term. You are not eligible constitutionally to do third term even if u want it.
We are counting days for your useless tenure to end.
You must leave when it ends, or else you will die there.
Oniranu Oshi.

13 Likes

Re: Again, Buhari Shuts Down 3rd Term Agenda Talks by FryMosquito: 9:50am On Jan 02, 2020
Till he hands over we will know

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Again, Buhari Shuts Down 3rd Term Agenda Talks by updatechange(m): 9:50am On Jan 02, 2020
angry
Re: Again, Buhari Shuts Down 3rd Term Agenda Talks by kudinkarfe: 9:50am On Jan 02, 2020
cool
Re: Again, Buhari Shuts Down 3rd Term Agenda Talks by drips8(m): 9:52am On Jan 02, 2020
Only zombies will believe his crap

4 Likes

Re: Again, Buhari Shuts Down 3rd Term Agenda Talks by naijazee2: 9:52am On Jan 02, 2020
Well Let wait till then because this is Nigeria cool shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: Again, Buhari Shuts Down 3rd Term Agenda Talks by bart10: 9:52am On Jan 02, 2020
Major General Buhari (rtd), running Nigeria aground

1 Like

Re: Again, Buhari Shuts Down 3rd Term Agenda Talks by Patrioticman007(m): 9:53am On Jan 02, 2020
Victory is from Allah only, Nigeria will be great .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Again, Buhari Shuts Down 3rd Term Agenda Talks by Gordonz07(m): 9:53am On Jan 02, 2020
3rd term isn't feasible in Nigeria. If you hustle to get it by force, you may as well be killed. If you think it is easy, ask Obasanjo. Just do your part and leave the stage for others.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Withdrawal Of Officers From Vips: Police Deploy Men To Airports, Highways To... / Ministers’ Aides Turn Executive Beggars / President Of France, Emmanuel Macron Congratulates Bola Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.