Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,901 members, 7,802,921 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:20 AM

Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel (58078 Views)

Federal University Of Dutse SUG President Not Attending Lecture In A Convoy / Kaduna State University Suspends Bala A.B. Umar Over Sex For Marks / Drone Shot Of Adeleke University In Ede, Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by Ijawwomaninoyo: 12:29pm On Jan 02, 2020
BluntBoy:

I don't understand o.

Is Adeleke University now a Christian university?

It has been from day 1, it is run by 7th day Adventist Church. It is clearly written on their website and handbook but they are claiming "Christian" is not indicated in the name of the school. Students sign to obey rules before admission.
It is not the 10th case or even more but yet they continue seeking admission there then refuse to obey the rules they signed against instead of going to a liberal or Muslim school.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by Harbidexy5(m): 12:29pm On Jan 02, 2020
Quality20:
why can't d boy change to Christianity,since that's what CAN,xtians, and polytheists want. I don't know why Yoruba Muslims prefer ethnic - tribal affiliations more than religious affiliations . Can't they take a cue from their Yoruba xtians?

Exactly the way I used to reason in my stupidity days(when I was 5years old)

1 Like

Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by Dayoara: 12:30pm On Jan 02, 2020
To before warned is to before armed... I guess where there there is no law there is no crime. When you are in Rome behave like a Roman ... If you are not okay with the laws then quit go where you can practice your religion.... And the school went way too far.... The should be religion tolerances.
Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by NOETHNICITY(m): 12:30pm On Jan 02, 2020
The school should simply be named Adeleke Christian university

I also attended 2 Christian secondary schools where we were forced to attend church service

Not withstanding all thier effort to forcefully convert me, I saw the foooolishness in Christianity and I remain indisputably a Muslim

1 Like

Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by Babaheekmat: 12:31pm On Jan 02, 2020
Jimiyung:
Like i said, they didnt force anybody to go there, its your choice. If you are looking at finishing school on time, it shouldn't be a problem. However, if you want to be sentimental, you go to a govt school and deal with all the strikes and issues they have. You cannot eat your cake and have it.

That's why I said he's a fool for not leaving the school since 2017
Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by Rebuke: 12:32pm On Jan 02, 2020
Iamsolslim:
I'm also a student at that same school,b4 u get admission they make it look like neutral school for all religion. but omo when u enter nah then u go kno what up.

All these lies should stop already. We are in 2020 please.
Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by LegendHer0: 12:32pm On Jan 02, 2020
uninspired07:

Mr. Legend Hero, olorun oni kobayin lodun tuntun ooo, how can you justify your labeling me as a bigot?

What have I done wrong? Is it by force for Muslims to attend Christian schools? Or did I say Muslims should not have freedom of religion?

Please be careful about making unsubstantiated allegations against my person ooo.

Bro, do you in one of your mentions to me call for a fight between the Muslim and Christian Yorubas? Yes or No!

Bro, do you in one of your reply to my post opined that the Yoruba Christians should all migrate to the SE part of Nigeria and severe ties with the Yoruba Muslims? Yes or No!

If any of your answer is Yes to this question, you are a bigot and I won’t let you continue to be a source of division among Yorubas on this forum.

Waiting for your reply!
Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by uninspired07: 12:32pm On Jan 02, 2020
Patrioticman007:

"Ignorance & Islamaphobia work hand in hand" G.I Jones. Shari'a Law only applies to Muslims not other faiths. Our Nigerian Christians are now turning to extremists with style, imagine forcing a poor kid to attend church, just because he has a quest for knowledge, what will Christians demand, if he wants wealth ?, I bet they will demand his life, just like the innocent unilag female student, was killed, cooked & eaten by a church.

The phobia is a justified one given the antecedents of the religion in question. I am a Christian but I fear Islam, I don’t hate the religion. I just fear it. There’s a difference.

As for the subject at hand, it’s a very simple issue of withdrawing & enrolling in a school that recognizes & protects your faith.

I don’t see the need for all these wahala with education & religion we have in Nigeria if not for the insistence of Muslims that they must attend Christian schools.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by NawtyC001(m): 12:33pm On Jan 02, 2020
1) I thought Islam forbids western education (boko haram)
2)You can attend Sharia,makranta,alloh,ilmi,Islamic schools
3)You can also attend public school(no rules here)
4)Keep low,stop been religion fanatic,finish school, graduate.
5)Stay at home and pray 60×60×60 times per day.
With this few points of mine I hope I have been able to convince and not confuse you that.......

1 Like

Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by Mccullum: 12:34pm On Jan 02, 2020
Kingsean:
crap... you are a Muslim that don't wanna attend church programmes and u go to a Christian university. you are forming stubborn and crying everywhere. rubbish. if u cannot cope, don't attend the school. its a faith based school. its even on their website. i don't know why people are like this

Though, I blame the parents of the student for enrolling their well trained child in Islam to Christian's school, at the same time the school authority has no right to deny any citizens of this country its constitutional rights to practice religion of its choice which I think that was the reason why the VC of the University denying it in public of their atrocities on forcing other faith students to worship in their own doctrine of Christianity.
This is very bad and disheartening as they are paying for the knowledge the school is offering them, it's inhumanity against humanity and it also against the rudiments of academic community.
Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by abdulkayus(m): 12:35pm On Jan 02, 2020
seniormallam:
Goto crescent or alikmah you'll not find any Christian there......... So what are they looking for up and down in Christian faith based school........ Religion of pieces indeed

U lied. I personally know Christians who attended Alhikma University and even AlQalam University in Katsina. Don't lie to us pls.

2 Likes

Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by luluosas(m): 12:35pm On Jan 02, 2020
Was the school registered as a religious school, where adherence is mandatory? If yes, the Muslim girl has no business seeking admission into such a school. But if no, the school should be sued, and made to pay damages. What am I even saying sef.

1 Like

Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by GeneralPula: 12:35pm On Jan 02, 2020
Kokoebapluse:

Kosija tele but what am trying to let you Christian know is that we Yoruba Muslim can't hurt you because you are a Christian, we don't reject you, where in Yoruba land you see a Muslim school suspense student because he didn't attend mosque? But you Christian want to start that in Yoruba land, everybody have his opinion over religion, that place is called school not a church, even if it's call Christian school there should be a law tenorate none Christian in that school. Bro let reason this stuff if Yoruba Christian bring all this shit it won't end well with them oo. Yoruba Muslim don't hurt anybody we love everybody. Pls Christian should be careful

He’s not a Yoruba.. Don’t dull!

1 Like

Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by Kokoebapluse(m): 12:35pm On Jan 02, 2020
uninspired07:

Yes, Muslims can stay away from Christians if they want. The Christians are not begging to associate with Muslims. We can stand by ourselves. Live & let live bro. No wahala.

You must be one of omo ale, if not you won't say so and you re not a Yoruba I believe, a true Yoruba won't say so, iwo omo irankiran yii
Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by GeneralPula: 12:36pm On Jan 02, 2020
LegendHer0:

Bro that guy you quoted is a Christian.

He is a Christian fanatics on Nairaland that I’m still trying to unravel his Yorubaness.

He is no different from the Muslim bigots in the north just that he is a Christian bigot down south.

He’s not a Yoruba! Don’t dull!

1 Like

Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by uninspired07: 12:38pm On Jan 02, 2020
LegendHer0:

Bro, do you in one of your mentions to me call for a fight between the Muslim and Christian Yorubas? Yes or No!

Bro, do you in one of your reply to my post opined that the Yoruba Christians should all migrate to the SE part of Nigeria and severe ties with the Yoruba Muslims? Yes or No!

If any of your answer is Yes to this question, you are a bigot and I won’t let you continue to be a source of division among Yorubas on this forum.

Waiting for your reply!

I have never said anything about Christians & Muslims fighting in Yorubaland. Why should I do that? I have told you countless times that my best friends are Muslims & I have been living with Muslims all my life.

With regards to Yoruba Christians moving further south, yes I made that comment in light of the recent aggression & fervor for Sharia by our Muslim brothers because I know that living in a Sharia zone is always hellish for any Christian. If & when Christians of Yoruba origin are under the yoke of killings & subjugation, what stops them from migrating to the south east or south south where they will be protected & allowed to live their lives? What we all want for Yorubaland is the enthronement of secularity which our forefathers bequeathed to us. The signs we see from our Muslim brothers is not encouraging & further reinforces our fear of that religion so we are all allowe to look for safety/refuge wherever that may be.

How all these makes me a bigot is what I don’t understand. Can’t you live & let live?

1 Like

Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by abdulkayus(m): 12:38pm On Jan 02, 2020
Ademoore07:
Check my signature and use of those details to search for my identity on facebook. I think most gullible muslims like u think christianity is a religion of intolerance. This proves why many people tagged u terrorist. Go do ur research.

But the guy that quoted u and denied u being a Christian is also a Christian, why do u then quote him and start accusing the Muslims? Why??. What sort of bigotry is that?
Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by uninspired07: 12:39pm On Jan 02, 2020
GeneralPula:

He’s not a Yoruba! Don’t dull!

If you like believe, if you like don’t believe.

I have no obligation to prove anything to you.
Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by chriscrosss(m): 12:39pm On Jan 02, 2020
Now I see why govt wanna ban this...Hate speech and so on..must he or she be a christian before been suspended..you disobeyed the school rule and you gat your penance .how is that one religious...
Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by Kokoebapluse(m): 12:39pm On Jan 02, 2020
uninspired07:

Is this threat? Oya do your worst?

The school has been proclaimed a Christian school but Muslims want to stay there but disobey the rules & regulations. Where is that done?

You are not being objective at all as Yoruba Christians have never deprived our Muslim brothers of anything. Rather, it is Muslims who have adopted an aggressive posture on major societal issues. Why can’t Muslims be peaceful?

It is extremely tiresome having to deal with Muslim wahala all over th the world—extremely tiresome indeed.

Give me one proof that the boy offend the law? Was that place name as school or church?

I think you lack understanding. It's time government should put some law into school and ban religion teaching in school. Let everybody serve God at home.
Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by Ijawwomaninoyo: 12:40pm On Jan 02, 2020
AntiChristian:

Where you given the student handout and rules/regulations before you enrol?

Every info about the school is clearly written on their websites and students do orientations.
Only a daft fool will not find out before getting into anything. That's his 3rd year, how has he managed the 3 years?
Some of them write Christianity as religion just to gain admission there.
Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by OmoNla99: 12:40pm On Jan 02, 2020
I hope all commentators here read the article before commenting. Lawal Toheeb knew very well what he was getting into at the screening interview in November2017( I don't know if any monies has been paid before this time). He asked to be exempted from going to the chapel because of his faith and the student care dean told him No. I guessed he went from there to make payments thinking otherwise. Pls, let us all be be careful not to cause disharmony between ourselves. I want to believe there are many Muslim parents that sends their children/wards to covenant university because of her academic excellence and ranking amongst universities in Nigeria.
Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by m140(m): 12:40pm On Jan 02, 2020
Harbidexy5:
When it wasn't that you were forced to choose the school in the first place...
How on earth would I be paying my tuition fee to a school that doesn't give room to my religious beliefs..
Even if I'm on their scholarship it doesn't worth compromising my beliefs.
So just get the hell outta that glorified secondary schl..MY PIECES tho..
You last sentence come spoil wetin you write
Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by Harbidexy5(m): 12:41pm On Jan 02, 2020
Waterypussy2:
All these Muslims without brain blabbing. So you want to tell there is not Muslim university the student can attend aside Adeleke university? Gloried secondary school you say, while you went to a public state university cos your parents couldn't afford to send you there.
Your monica depicts your mentality...
Anyway*Thanks for subscribing to MTN*
Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by GeneralPula: 12:42pm On Jan 02, 2020
[s]
uninspired07:

I have never said anything about Christians & Muslims fighting in Yorubaland. Why should I do that? I have told you countless times that my best friends are Muslims & I have been living with Muslims all my life.

With regards to Yoruba Christians moving further south, yes I made that comment in light of the recent aggression & fervor for Sharia by our Muslim brothers because I know that living in a Sharia zone is always hellish for any Christian. If & when Christians of Yoruba origin are under the yoke of killings & subjugation, what stops them from migrating to the south east or south south where they will be protected & allowed to live their lives? What we all want for Yorubaland is the enthronement of secularity which our forefathers bequeathed to us. The signs we see from our Muslim brothers is not encouraging & further reinforces our fear of that religion so we are all allowe to look for safety/refuge wherever that may be.

How all these makes me a bigot is what I don’t understand. Can’t you live & let live?
[/s]

There’s nothing like a Yoruba Christian or Yoruba Muslim!

It’s a useless and senseless word from the usual useless and senseless tribe in Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by lirusehn(m): 12:42pm On Jan 02, 2020
Kingsean:
crap... you are a Muslim that don't wanna attend church programmes and u go to a Christian university. you are forming stubborn and crying everywhere. rubbish. if u cannot cope, don't attend the school. its a faith based school. its even on their website. i don't know why people are like this

Very simple truth.
Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by m140(m): 12:43pm On Jan 02, 2020
Waterypussy2:
All these Muslims without brain blabbing. So you want to tell there is not Muslim university the student can attend aside Adeleke university? Gloried secondary school you say, while you went to a public state university cos your parents couldn't afford to send you there.
You dey mind the guy, the thing pain am
Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by abdulkayus(m): 12:44pm On Jan 02, 2020
philip0906:

Says who? Even if they aren't, the school is explicitly clear about this prior to you gaining admission.

Plus in Babcock, muslims were allowed to go to mosque on Fridays, albeit outside the campus.

But it is wrong. Why force someone on religion. The Islamic universities I know in Nigeria don't force Muslims students to go to mosque talkless if the Christian students.
And Adeleke University never open up that they were a faith based university. This is deceit. Bowen, Babcock, Crescent, Covenant, Bingham, Redeem, Alhikma and AlQalam University all shows that they were faith based university right from the beginning. Why is Adeleke university own is different. I myself never knew that Adeleke university is a Christian based university until today.
Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by Ewedegubbler: 12:45pm On Jan 02, 2020
How dare you go to a Madrassa and tell them you are a christian. u no see am before?
Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by uninspired07: 12:45pm On Jan 02, 2020
Kokoebapluse:

You must be one of omo ale, if not you won't say so and you re not a Yoruba I believe, a true Yoruba won't say so, iwo omo irankiran yii

Oga ade, what have I said wrong? Is it by force to do things together. The earth is big enough for all faiths to peacefully co-exist.

All these emotional blackmail that I am my Yoruba doesn’t address the issue on ground & I am not bothered. My sticking point is that we have been co-existing for a while & their has been no problem but you cannot sneak from the back & erode our secularity as a people. You have never called out Professor Akintola before for doing & saying things that alarm half the Yoruba population but you deem it fit to label people like FFK & people like me bigots & non Yoruba for daring to say both religion don’t have to do things together if that will deprive Christians of their way of life & freedom. Where do you come off questioning my yorubaness & labeling me an outcast?

Please next time you want to paint me with that brush of being a bigot, you would do well to look yourself in the mirror & see who the real bigot is.
Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by FactualSpeech: 12:46pm On Jan 02, 2020
You go to a university owned by a church, pay huge sum as school fee being a private school then turn around to cry foul of not being allowed to practice your faith or being forced to attend their programs, are you nuts?

Some Christians will not even attend some schools cos of difference in doctrine talk less of you with a totally different faith

Collect your suspension jeje or jejely go write JAMB again.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (21) (Reply)

Minimum Requirements Of Becoming A Professor In Nigeria / Richard Akindele, OAU Professor In Sex For Mark Accusation Scandal (Leaked Audio / 7 Most Prominent Public Secondary Schools In Nigeria And Their Famous Alumni PIX

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.