Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,431 members, 7,800,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:40 AM

Lautech Want To Ruin My Life (advice Needed) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Lautech Want To Ruin My Life (advice Needed) (3971 Views)

Bet9ja And Their Evil Agenda In My Life. How They Want To Ruin Me, If They Have / Best Life Advice You Would Give To Anyone Starting His/her University Life / LAUTECH Resumes Tomorrow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lautech Want To Ruin My Life (advice Needed) by Youngkingjaey(m): 8:16pm On Jan 02, 2020
ifa98:
I feel sorry for you for finding yourself in such a palatable situation but I'd suggest you put somethings into consideration before taking any of the advices.
1) I know how hard it is to gain admission in this present state we find ourselves in this country. Na man know man before you go see botany self but the grace of God still speaketh for his own. But if you are very sure of your academic proficiency I'd suggest you write another jamb and choose a federal University.
2) On the contrary even if you're able to sort yourself for the first year, how do you plan on fulfilling the obligations of the subsequent years?

On a final note, whether you decide to school in LAUTECH or any other school please endeavor to be self independent. That is one thing LAUTECH teaches it's student indirectly and not everyone in the school is into fraud but we all have this orientation to be independent and make something for ourselves aside the degree.

PS: drop your contact, I'm in my finals and I can help you pull some strings, hopefully it work out in your favour.
thank you sir
081 22 94 51 47
You can message me on WhatsApp sir
Re: Lautech Want To Ruin My Life (advice Needed) by itsme01: 8:21pm On Jan 02, 2020
How do we tell high school levers that if you are poor and unconnected University Education isnt for you... please go to NDE (National Directorate of Employment) or ITF (Industrial Training Fund ) office for a training on vocal training that can intantly fix you into Nigerian work force and earn for a degree
Re: Lautech Want To Ruin My Life (advice Needed) by RedDistrict: 8:28pm On Jan 02, 2020
Take another Utme and save your mum and yourself the psychological stress of battling schl fees and other financial obligations while in schl.
Lautech is expensive and their crappy calender dont make it easy also

Apply for Fed schls which is cheaper and hopefully you get admitted and go on to great things

All the best chief
Re: Lautech Want To Ruin My Life (advice Needed) by pyrex23(m): 8:30pm On Jan 02, 2020
Use that money to start business..
School is overrated

When you have enough money you can go get your degree..
My 2 cents..
Re: Lautech Want To Ruin My Life (advice Needed) by pyrex23(m): 8:31pm On Jan 02, 2020
Use that money to start business..
School is overrated
And and lautech is expensive..

When you have enough money you can go get your degree..
My 2 cents..
Re: Lautech Want To Ruin My Life (advice Needed) by KrazzyAndy(m): 9:45pm On Jan 02, 2020
Kingzy4pep:
At the bolded, I think you're referring to Ambrose Alli University, Oga that school ain't cheap o
I wanted to tell him too that my school and the total i paid for school fees and accept is bout 180k
Re: Lautech Want To Ruin My Life (advice Needed) by TUANKU(m): 9:47pm On Jan 02, 2020
Stillthebest:

If you are one of the people that abuse Buhari or troll him for being not smart enough, remember he didn't go to university and his English is not as worst as yours!

I wonder if you actually sat for English language exams!
See the rubbish you just posted, you farm tool. He is seeking for meaningful advice, if you have none then just keep quiet.
You criticized his English yet you used "as worst as" instead of "as bad as". Clearly you're dull like your mentor buhari.
Re: Lautech Want To Ruin My Life (advice Needed) by ShahRukhKhan: 11:45pm On Jan 02, 2020
Nickshrapnel:
Please write another UTME and work hard towards gaining admission into a federal university, tomorrow maybe better for your family but you can't really bank on that. Lautech fees is too expensive for you now. If you struggle to pay school fees, what about house rent, books, feeding? Please save your mother the stress.
God bless you for this comment. I wanted to type something similar. If you're able to get help and complete the payment for this session, what of in other sessions to come? House rent, feeding and book nko?
The best shot is either getting a scholarship so as to keep being in lautech or just find admission to any school cheaper.
May the Good Lord be with you.
Re: Lautech Want To Ruin My Life (advice Needed) by ShahRukhKhan: 11:47pm On Jan 02, 2020
Stillthebest:

If you are one of the people that abuse Buhari or troll him for being not smart enough, remember he didn't go to university and his English is not as worst as yours!

I wonder if you actually sat for English language exams!
I wanted to give you a befitting reply but then, a second glance at your signature says it all.
Re: Lautech Want To Ruin My Life (advice Needed) by otokx(m): 7:39am On Jan 03, 2020
Did the marlians say school is scam

1 Like

Re: Lautech Want To Ruin My Life (advice Needed) by mostob(m): 12:15pm On Jan 03, 2020
OmoDavido:
Help your mum by applying to a federal university again. And leave state university because they are very expensive.

Me myself I am a student like you. And I have been the one sponsoring myself through school since 100l.

Graduated from sec school 2013 and had to hustle till 2016 when I have saved enough to apply for school and got admitted to a federal university.

My dad is late too. But wish you all the best in your quest.
you have been sponsoring yourself wow.... show us the way pls . All I got here are ponzi scheme which am not ready to invest in.
Re: Lautech Want To Ruin My Life (advice Needed) by onegig(m): 12:58pm On Jan 03, 2020
can you imagine the rubbish these guys are typing.

He should drop off an admission till next year because of a difference of 90k?

Are you guys telling there aren't 90 Nigerians on Nairaland who could donate just 1k each to help this guy?

@Youngkingjaey

Send me a PM but please note I would require all details. I am sure there a lot of people on here who would be willing to chip in 1 or 2k to help your cause.

3 Likes

Re: Lautech Want To Ruin My Life (advice Needed) by onegig(m): 12:59pm On Jan 03, 2020
can you imagine the rubbish these guys are typing?

He should drop off an admission till next year because of a difference of 90k? Do you know what he would have lost in a year would be worth much more than that?

Are you guys telling there aren't 90 Nigerians on Nairaland who could donate just 1k each to help this guy?

@Youngkingjaey

Send me a PM but please note I would require all details. I am sure there a lot of people on here who would be willing to chip in 1 or 2k to help your cause.
Re: Lautech Want To Ruin My Life (advice Needed) by TWservices: 2:52pm On Jan 03, 2020
onegig:
can you imagine the rubbish these guys are typing?

He should drop off an admission till next year because of a difference of 90k? Do you know what he would have lost in a year would be worth much more than that?

@Youngkingjaey

It would be nice if you help the young lad. However, some of the previous comments are not out of place. Federal university education in Nigeria is relatively cheaper compared to state universities and polytechnics. My mother as a widow singlehandedly sent four of us to federal universities, at a time we were 3 in federal universities (AT THE SAME TIME). It would have been impossible if one of us was in a state school. In fact, I was in the most expensive school of all my brothers - school fees and hostel accommodation of 32k.

The point is when you consider your financial circumstances, you have to make a deliberate effort to survive. Surviving in this case means reading hard to secure a place in a federal university. If we contribute for this year, how about other years and no mention has been made of his younger siblings
Re: Lautech Want To Ruin My Life (advice Needed) by onegig(m): 4:11pm On Jan 03, 2020
TWservices:

It would be nice if you help the young lad. However, some of the previous comments are not out of place. Federal university education in Nigeria is relatively cheaper compared to state universities and polytechnics. My mother as a widow singlehandedly sent four of us to federal universities, at a time we were 3 in federal universities (AT THE SAME TIME). It would have been impossible if one of us was in a state school. In fact, I was in the most expensive school of all my brothers - school fees and hostel accommodation of 32k.

The point is when you consider your financial circumstances, you have to make a deliberate effort to survive. Surviving in this case means reading hard to secure a place in a federal university. If we contribute for this year, how about other years and no mention has been made of his younger siblings

I do agree that Federal Unis are much more cheaper than state Unis but what about opportunity lost?

I am looking at things from the perspective of time lost and different probabilities. I am a very logical person and I would say if you put this to calculations, he would be loosing way more than waiting for next year to gain another admission.

What are the guarantees he would get an high score in the next JAMB he writes? What about Post Utme ? What are the assurances that people won't do exceedingly well and he does poorly and doesn't make the cut off. What about the sunk cost he has invested currently? I am sure he has spent nothing less than 10 to 15k to get to this point.

What are the assurances that his mum or guardian God forbid would be available and be in a capacity to even help next year. There are too many possibilities of things going wrong than right.

His predicament is rather unusual. They actually planned to pay just that Lautech switched the half payment methods for this session. We live in a jungle and in saner climes , there would have been notices for at least 2 years prior stating that from session 2020/2021 half payments won't be accepted. That gives students an heads up on how to plan better.

Surviving would be him taking this opportunity and learning that he needs to find something on the outside to help him scale through school. Most of us had to work during the semester breaks to earn our next session school fees. I have interns working with us whose earningngoes to their school fees no matter how small. They prioritise. Not use fancy phones or follow the crowd in wearing useless designers and keep a low profile. I am sure if the guy follows through diligently he won't be the first to struggle through school. We all did.

2 Likes

Re: Lautech Want To Ruin My Life (advice Needed) by TWservices: 4:52pm On Jan 03, 2020
onegig:

I do agree that Federal Unis are much more cheaper than state Unis but what about opportunity lost?

I am looking at things from the perspective of time lost and different probabilities. I am a very logical person and I would say if you put this to calculations, he would be loosing way more than waiting for next year to gain another admission.

What are the guarantees he would get an high score in the next JAMB he writes? What about Post Utme ? What are the assurances that people won't do exceedingly well and he does poorly and doesn't make the cut off. What about the sunk cost he has invested currently? I am sure he has spent nothing less than 10 to 15k to get to this point.

What are the assurances that his mum or guardian God forbid would be available and be in a capacity to even help next year. There are too many possibilities of things going wrong than right.

His predicament is rather unusual. They actually planned to pay just that Lautech switched the half payment methods for this session. We live in a jungle and in saner climes , there would have been notices for at least 2 years prior stating that from session 2020/2021 half payments won't be accepted. That gives students an heads up on how to plan better.

Surviving would be him taking this opportunity and learning that he needs to find something on the outside to help him scale through school. Most of us had to work during the semester breaks to earn our next session school fees. I have interns working with us whose earningngoes to their school fees no matter how small. They prioritise. Not use fancy phones or follow the crowd in wearing useless designers and keep a low profile. I am sure if the guy follows through diligently he won't be the first to struggle through school. We all did.

That is why I said he must make a deliberate effort to survive. Deliberate effort means that he would score very high in the next utme and post utme so as to get into a federal uni. Sometimes its not all about people help me, sometimes you have to help yourself too.

It is easier supporting a ward in a federal uni than a state uni. my total school fees and accommodation was 32k*5years plus 7k5 acceptance fee (if I remember correctly) which is less than the 170k he wants to pay as school fees for the first year.

I struggled through school too, I stopped buying text books from my 2nd year etc. He has to make personal sacrifices too. Focus for the next 3months and get a very good utme score and get admitted to his dream course. I can stake my money on the fact that lautech did not offer the guy his dream course so why the fuss?
Re: Lautech Want To Ruin My Life (advice Needed) by omobacyprus(m): 11:01pm On Jan 03, 2020
They'll soon reduce the fees. Looks like Seyi Makinde is already negotiating with Osun state
Re: Lautech Want To Ruin My Life (advice Needed) by Youngkingjaey(m): 8:53am On Jan 04, 2020
onegig:

You right sir, av calculated how much have spent on the admission is more than 60k.firstly i applied for FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF OYE-EKITI which cost me 4k and i was not offer admission.
I also applied for FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE ABEOKUTA (FUNAAB), it cost me more than 10k and they did not offer me admission too. I was depressed cos i spent a lot of money on the admission stuffs all the money I saved. A friend of mine told me there's slot for computer science in lautech and I applied which cost me 12k and av paid for acceptance fee and medical fee. Sir i have seen half of the payment which is 85k i never knew they would close half payment. sir i can send you the receipt of all the payment i made.I would be glad if you can assist me sir..thank you very much.
Re: Lautech Want To Ruin My Life (advice Needed) by Youngkingjaey(m): 9:14am On Jan 04, 2020
TWservices:

That is why I said he must make a deliberate effort to survive. Deliberate effort means that he would score very high in the next utme and post utme so as to get into a federal uni. Sometimes its not all about people help me, sometimes you have to help yourself too.

It is easier supporting a ward in a federal uni than a state uni. my total school fees and accommodation was 32k*5years plus 7k5 acceptance fee (if I remember correctly) which is less than the 170k he wants to pay as school fees for the first year.

I struggled through school too, I stopped buying text books from my 2nd year etc. He has to make personal sacrifices too. Focus for the next 3months and get a very good utme score and get admitted to his dream course. I can stake my money on the fact that lautech did not offer the guy his dream course so why the fuss?

Lautech offered me my dream course which is computer science. All the money i have spent so far is more than 40k on lautech admission, which include acceptance fee and medical fee. Sir i don't want to loose two things,the admission and money i have spent so far. Its not easy to get admission in federal university. I applied for two federal universities last year i was not given admission. That is why i did change of institution and lautech offered me admission.
Thank you
Re: Lautech Want To Ruin My Life (advice Needed) by oyetpel(m): 3:08pm On Jan 04, 2020
How were you able to apply to 3 universities with one utme result?

2 federal unis for that matter. And the 3 called you for post utme? Yiu are truly special. Jamb doesn't give students chance to apply to two schools talkless of 3..

I was thinking you did change of institution, but you said you did putme in the 3 schools, haba?
Re: Lautech Want To Ruin My Life (advice Needed) by Youngkingjaey(m): 3:50pm On Jan 04, 2020
oyetpel:
How were you able to apply to 3 universities with one utme result?

2 federal unis for that matter. And the 3 called you for post utme? Yiu are truly special. Jamb doesn't give students chance to apply to two schools talkless of 3..

I was thinking you did change of institution, but you said you did putme in the 3 schools, haba?
I did Change of institution twice

I can prove that to you
Re: Lautech Want To Ruin My Life (advice Needed) by onegig(m): 12:29pm On Jan 05, 2020
Youngkingjaey:

thank you very much.

Not a sir. Check your email. Responded to your 2 PMs for a week now and I have not gotten a response from you.
Re: Lautech Want To Ruin My Life (advice Needed) by Adimine(m): 1:14pm On Jan 05, 2020
As a final year lautech student the best advice I can give you is to rewrite jamb and forefeit lautech admission,lautech doesn't worth the stress, apart from making the first payment how would you be able to make subsequent payments,I want to you to know that paying the tuition,medical and acceptance fees in lautech is not the last thing,you still buy what we called PASSA PACK,FAA pack and pay for departmental due, faculty due and pay for hostel fee at the end of the session you will have end up spending more than 300k.finding a cheaper federal University will be much easier for you
NOTE: Those high fees doesn't stop lautech from having internal Crisis and prolonged strikes
I rest my case.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ask Questions You Don't Know,from Any Subject / Government College Ughelli Old Boys (1990 - 95 & Oleh House Mariners) / Ice Rain In Enugu Today. (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.