Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,752 members, 7,802,302 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:10 PM

Monogamy Is Unnatural - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Monogamy Is Unnatural (1780 Views)

Women Aren`t Hardwired For Monogamy / Agony Of Monogamy / Monogamy Is Evil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Monogamy Is Unnatural by Izigha(m): 6:07pm On Jan 02, 2020
According to live science only about 5% of all animals are (socially) monogamous, socially in the sense that even those animal from time to time will seek out another mate. Now as far as humans are concern monogamy is a learn behavior, socially impose on us for the good of the society but very detrimental for the individual and anathema for a real casanova like my humble self.
Evolution favors promiscuity cos relying on a single mate is risky business, especially during our evolutionary journey and to some extent today when we have got this far. As a society humans have gone very far, but have our brain evolve to what society expect of us?
As guy i will focus more on the male species, I have male friends, family members, business partners married or in relationships none will not cheat when giving the opportunity. It is imprinted in our DNA. So why do we delude ourselves taking vows up and down to only be with one mate till death.
I think the idea of one mate was to solve a problem of imbalance, and to help us multiply as a species. looking back in time powerful people like kings, sultans where getting all the females and locking then out of the reach of other males. imagine King Solomon along having 700 to 1000 females lock out of the reach of other males in the name of marriage, if that continue unabated alot of able body males with be without females to mate with, which will decrease our gene pool not to talk of massive konji in the society that might leads to a revolution.
having solve that problem, and as a race humans have been highly successful, it is not time we look into solving this problem of cheating that we have artificiality manufacture that is now breaking up the society that we have successfully created.
Your critic and input are welcome

2 Likes

Re: Monogamy Is Unnatural by Mstick: 6:27pm On Jan 02, 2020
When ever men talk about monogamy being unnatural they do so out of pure selfishness because they only expect monogamy from a woman not themselves.

We as humans have overcome and adjusted to different changes once upon a time killing of twins was acceptable, walking around naked was acceptable, so many cultures and norms by our forefathers have been done away with but why are you men always talking about polygamy?

13 Likes

Re: Monogamy Is Unnatural by Mindlog: 6:41pm On Jan 02, 2020
There is need to differentiate between promiscuity and polygamy. Bringing it home, let's ask how many Nigerian men today would like to marry more than one wife and have children with these wives?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Monogamy Is Unnatural by LordKO(m): 6:54pm On Jan 02, 2020
Monogamy isn't unnatural, it's one of the true tests of a man's selflessness under normal circumstances - polygamy is either a product of a man's unconquered greed or a man's way of correcting wrong selection of a wife.

However, anyone who's against polygamy but is for hypergamy is a hypocrite.

20 Likes

Re: Monogamy Is Unnatural by Izigha(m): 7:02pm On Jan 02, 2020
Mstick:
When ever men talk about monogamy being unnatural they do so out of pure selfishness because they only expect monogamy from a woman not themselves.

We as humans have overcome and adjusted to different changes once upon a time killing of twins was acceptable, walking around naked was acceptable, so many cultures and norms by our forefathers have been done away with but why are you men always talking about polygamy?

Biologically hav we really done away with seeking other mate from time to time? Am guy that is why i dnt want to give example of the female specie, but I think it applies to both sex. I also purposely stay away from the word polygamy, cos i personally think its also an imbalance.
A galfriend of my recently went to a popular male artist show gain access back stage after the show and took a photo with him you could see the look in her eyes - just like when we are about to hit the sack. If the opportunity was there i have no doubt she could have mate with him.
My looking to solve the problem is not male selfishness

Re: Monogamy Is Unnatural by zmpp(f): 7:47pm On Jan 02, 2020
you are looking for excuse to marry another wife
Re: Monogamy Is Unnatural by rosy1992(f): 7:49pm On Jan 02, 2020
While will a man use his vigour to sleep around, what will he gain from it. Even ancient and modern men who practise such immorality, eventually regrets it.

1 Like

Re: Monogamy Is Unnatural by Izigha(m): 7:56pm On Jan 02, 2020
zmpp:
you are looking for excuse to marry another wife
I dnt have a wife yet. I dnt want to take that vow and be called a cheater in marriage. Honestly I think I can commit to mate with one panther for life.
Re: Monogamy Is Unnatural by Fountainofyouth(f): 8:06pm On Jan 02, 2020
LordKO:
Monogamy isn't unnatural, it's one of the true tests of a man's selflessness under normal circumstances - polygamy is either a product of a man's unconquered greed or a man's way of correcting wrong selection of a wife.

However, anyone who's against polygamy but is for hypergamy is a hypocrite.

Very true,

@Op, I notice that guys that want to justify cheating in any form always refer to animals for comparison, are you an animal undecided

14 Likes

Re: Monogamy Is Unnatural by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jan 02, 2020
The oversabis are at it again

1 Like

Re: Monogamy Is Unnatural by LordKO(m): 8:35pm On Jan 02, 2020
Fountainofyouth:

Very true,

@Op, I notice that guys that want to justify cheating in any form always refer to animals for comparison, are you an animal undecided

I hear say u de give cows to different people for de new year celebration. I wonder why u no give reach ma side.

Happy New Year.
Re: Monogamy Is Unnatural by MurderX: 8:45pm On Jan 02, 2020
Even marriage is social and unnatural

6 Likes

Re: Monogamy Is Unnatural by Fountainofyouth(f): 9:00pm On Jan 02, 2020
LordKO:

I hear say u de give cows to different people for de new year celebration. I wonder why u no give reach ma side.

Happy New Year.

If you were here, I'd probably give you two grin

Happy new year to you too.
Re: Monogamy Is Unnatural by Gmajor(m): 9:46pm On Jan 02, 2020
Wow. Such ignorance.
You managed to make a mockery of your post from the very first sentence.

1 Like

Re: Monogamy Is Unnatural by cococandy(f): 2:54am On Jan 03, 2020
Yes we know monogamy is unnatural.
That’s why y’all been fathering other men’s kids since ages ago.

13 Likes

Re: Monogamy Is Unnatural by 24kmagic: 9:54am On Jan 03, 2020
rosy1992:
While will a man use his vigour to sleep around, what will he gain from it. Even ancient and modern men who practise such immorality, eventually regrets it.

They told you that?
Re: Monogamy Is Unnatural by 24kmagic: 9:57am On Jan 03, 2020
I don't know if it's unnatural for women, but it sure is for men

Re: Monogamy Is Unnatural by Chubhie: 11:00am On Jan 03, 2020
See solid argument! Thank Buddha that the monastery caught fire on 31st night. We the monks are diving deep into polygamy.
Re: Monogamy Is Unnatural by Richy4(m): 1:23pm On Jan 03, 2020
Izigha:
According to live science only about 5% of all animals are (socially) monogamous, socially in the sense that even those animal from time to time will seek out another mate. Now as far as humans are concern monogamy is a learn behavior, socially impose on us for the good of the society but very detrimental for the individual and anathema for a real casanova like my humble self.
Evolution favors promiscuity cos relying on a single mate is risky business, especially during our evolutionary journey and to some extent today when we have got this far. As a society humans have gone very far, but have our brain evolve to what society expect of us?
As guy i will focus more on the male species, I have male friends, family members, business partners married or in relationships none will not cheat when giving the opportunity. It is imprinted in our DNA. [b]So why do we delude ourselves taking vows up and down to only be with one mate till death.
[/b]I think the idea of one mate was to solve a problem of imbalance, and to help us multiply as a species. looking back in time powerful people like kings, sultans where getting all the females and locking then out of the reach of other males. imagine King Solomon along having 700 to 1000 females lock out of the reach of other males in the name of marriage, if that continue unabated alot of able body males with be without females to mate with, which will decrease our gene pool not to talk of massive konji in the society that might leads to a revolution.
having solve that problem, and as a race humans have been highly successful, it is not time we look into solving this problem of cheating that we have artificiality manufacture that is now breaking up the society that we have successfully created.
Your critic and input are welcome

I'm glad you have friends that will never cheat on their Spouse man.... But what I want to understand is Are u for the motion or against the motion.. U should know that marriage is a contract and a contract is a legally binding agreement that recognises and governs the rights and duties of the parties to the agreement...
When u were comparing humans with some animals, have you made out time to study the Lion? A Lion will kill other lions including the male cubs just to be with the lioness and be the alpha in the pride. is that the kind of natural behavior u want human to exhibit? If that is the case, then it is better for us to maintain the unnatural act of monogamy.

2 Likes

Re: Monogamy Is Unnatural by zmpp(f): 7:54pm On Jan 04, 2020
Izigha:

I dnt have a wife yet. I dnt want to take that vow and be called a cheater in marriage. Honestly I think I can commit to mate with one panther for life.

are you related to Fela Kuti?
Re: Monogamy Is Unnatural by cococandy(f): 2:26am On Jan 05, 2020
24kmagic:
I don't know if it's unnatural for women, but it sure is for men
it’s unnatural for women too cool

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Monogamy Is Unnatural by Nobody: 8:24am On Jan 05, 2020
cococandy:

LordKO thinks otherwise... cheesy
Re: Monogamy Is Unnatural by cococandy(f): 8:58am On Jan 05, 2020
Everyone is entitled to their opinions

The facts say otherwise though
Plead:

1 Like

Re: Monogamy Is Unnatural by MurderX: 9:54am On Jan 05, 2020
cococandy:

Supported, monogamy is completely unnatural both for men and women otherwise nature would have designed a vaginaa to only fit a specific peniss.

Procreation of life is the most crucial natural order not monogamy, polygamy, polyandry or any form of socially induced marriage system.

If a man and a woman are left on an island, nature will direct them to have sexx so that the human species will continue to exist. The natural thing for this man and woman to do will not be to seek for a priest or imam to wed them rather their body will direct them to love themselves, make love and have sexx for procreation

If you leave a chinese man with an african woman or you leave the pope with a prostitute for a long time alone in a closed environment, after a while nature will make these two to fall in love and have sexx, not for their sake but for the sake of procreation.

So these things that we call feelings and love is a natural leading in the direction of the survival of the human species and be careful how you fight it because of your inferior religous, social, cultural, economic or whatever myopic reasoning space that you have confined yourself to.

Last night I walked down edgware road and oxford street and I was sorry for the british people, the unnatural things they did, the birth control of 40 - 50yrs ago is hunting them today as indians, africans & arabs who flowed with nature have taken over majority of urban UK and soon they will control their economy and government. The British are becoming a minority in their state because they placed their socioeconomic system over their natural system. Whenever you place your social system over nature be sure that nature will fight back at you and make you a minority and if you continue be sure that you will tend to extinction.

In Nigeria, while the south aligns with the lean western and religious family structure of a man, wife and two or four kids, the north is naturally procreating with four wives in large quantities. Surely, numbers counts and over time the north is becoming more of a majority and the south is becoming more of a minority because the south has conformed to its socioeconomic system above its natural system so it tends to become weaker and a minority - think of how major ethnic groups in Nigeria emerged and now ovveride the minor groups, its all about population and numbers. Hence over time, nature will surely empower the north above the south because while the south is saving and thinking of its today, the north is securing its 100yrs from now.

We must learn to respect the place of our nature over our unnatural awareness.

3 Likes

Re: Monogamy Is Unnatural by LordKO(m): 10:38am On Jan 05, 2020
Plead:

Some topics entail contributors to wear extrapolation cap - this topic in particular is one of such. Life as a representation of nature and its products is natural.

However, something can only justifiably wear the natural tag if it's uncontrollable - death is a perfect example of a natural thing.

Anything that's controllable automatically loses its natural tag in this context. So, monogamy, polygamy, hypergamy, etc, automatically lose their natural tag because they're controllable. They can either be just or unjust - just or unjust doesn't mean natural.

7 Likes

Re: Monogamy Is Unnatural by Izigha(m): 11:42am On Jan 05, 2020
[sup][/sup]
LordKO:

Some topics entail contributors to wear extrapolation cap - this topic in particular is one of such. Life as a representation of nature and its products are natural.

However, something can only justifiably wear the natural tag if it's uncontrollable - death is a perfect example of a natural thing.

Anything that's controllable automatically loses its natural tag in this context. So, monogamy, polygamy, hypergamy, etc, automatically lose their natural tag because they're controllable. They can either be just or unjust - just or unjust doesn't mean natural.

I like your reasoning, but the problem is we have not been able to control it. Man or Woman.
Take out time and visit a family court, or city Halls in most country divorce are public records, you will see that infidelity is the number one reason family brake up. Without disrespect to all Christ Embassy - You think Pastor Chris and Pastor Anita broke up their union because there was not enough food in the refrigerator?
I am just saying is there a way a man and a woman can remain together and rise a family and they can still from time to time have opportunity to engage with the opposite sex ( I mean man and Woman before they come for my head) without breaking the union

Re: Monogamy Is Unnatural by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jan 05, 2020
LordKO:

Some topics entail contributors to wear extrapolation cap - this topic in particular is one of such. Life as a representation of nature and its products are natural.

Women think otherwise about the bolded.... thought folks said hypergamy is natural undecided
Re: Monogamy Is Unnatural by crackhaus: 2:27pm On Jan 05, 2020
Mstick:

If you can explain how the arrangement (financial, social, birthing) would be when a woman wants to be polygamous, then you will understand it's not really men who expect monogamy from women, but in fact it's in a woman's own nature to be monogamous.
Re: Monogamy Is Unnatural by cococandy(f): 2:42pm On Jan 05, 2020
You made some good points.

However, nature also endowed us with higher intelligence for a reason. Balance is key.

Over procreation will surely lead to diminished resources and reduced lifespan. Controlled population might be one of the reasons why the human race is still here today, Considering how destructive we are to Mother Earth. Let us explode and see how mama gets angry and wipes us off her surface. I really believe that.

The most optimal solution would be a population suited to available resources.

Monogamy while it may be unnatural for us to deliberately seek it, comes with it an order that would disappear if random procreation with different mates were to be the norm.

Unless of course one gender wants to claim themselves polygamous while maintaining that the other is monogamous. Thus brewing resentment and inequality.
MurderX:

Supported, monogamy is completely unnatural both for men and women otherwise nature would have designed a vaginaa to only fit a specific peniss.

Procreation of life is the most crucial natural order not monogamy, polygamy, polyandry or any form of socially induced marriage system.

If a man and a woman are left on an island, nature will direct them to have sexx so that the human species will continue to exist. The natural thing for this man and woman to do will not be to seek for a priest or imam to wed them rather their body will direct them to love themselves, make love and have sexx for procreation

If you leave a chinese man with an african woman or you leave the pope with a prostitute for a long time alone in a closed environment, after a while nature will make these two to fall in love and have sexx, not for their sake but for the sake of procreation.

So these things that we call feelings and love is a natural leading in the direction of the survival of the human species and be careful how you fight it because of your inferior religous, social, cultural, economic or whatever myopic reasoning space that you have confined yourself to.

Last night I walked down edgware road and oxford street and I was sorry for the british people, the unnatural things they did, the birth control of 40 - 50yrs ago is hunting them today as indians, africans & arabs who flowed with nature have taken over majority of urban UK and soon they will control their economy and government. The British are becoming a minority in their state because they placed their socioeconomic system over their natural system. Whenever you place your social system over nature be sure that nature will fight back at you and make you a minority and if you continue be sure that you will tend to extinction.

In Nigeria, while the south aligns with the lean western and religious family structure of a man, wife and two or four kids, the north is naturally procreating with four wives in large quantities. Surely, numbers counts and over time the north is becoming more of a majority and the south is becoming more of a minority because the south has conformed to its socioeconomic system above its natural system so it tends to become weaker and a minority - think of how major ethnic groups in Nigeria emerged and now ovveride the minor groups, its all about population and numbers. Hence over time, nature will surely empower the north above the south because while the south is saving and thinking of its today, the north is securing its 100yrs from now.

We must learn to respect the place of our nature over our unnatural awareness.

4 Likes

Re: Monogamy Is Unnatural by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jan 05, 2020
The imposition of monogamy was just another step in the pussification and emasculation of men.
Re: Monogamy Is Unnatural by bukatyne(f): 3:51pm On Jan 05, 2020
MurderX:
Even marriage is social and unnatural

Eziokwu?!
Re: Monogamy Is Unnatural by bukatyne(f): 3:54pm On Jan 05, 2020
crackhaus:

If you can explain how the arrangement (financial, social, birthing) would be when a woman wants to be polygamous, then you will understand it's not really men who expect monogamy from women, but in fact it's in a woman's own nature to be monogamous.

Is the OP talking about monogamy as per marriage or monogamy as per sexual partners?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Thank God For The Successful Introduction Ceremony After Thinking Of Abortion / My Dad Is Also A Nairalander, He's On Nairaland 247 / How Do I Stop My Toddler From Sucking Her Lip

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.