Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,904 members, 7,802,931 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:57 AM

As The Naija Internet Generation Comes Of Age, What Does It Portend For Nigeria? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / As The Naija Internet Generation Comes Of Age, What Does It Portend For Nigeria? (304 Views)

End Of An Era: The Last Generation Of Nigeria's Facial Scars (Pictures) / What Does "Na Wa O" Mean In English / The Naija Pidgin Lounge. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

As The Naija Internet Generation Comes Of Age, What Does It Portend For Nigeria? by tpiander: 1:30pm On Jan 03, 2020
By naija internet generation I mean Nigerians or nlers who rely extensively or exclusively on the internet (mst times, google) for cultural and historical knowledge.

They tend to be information technology consultants (or associates) with access to people's computers, phones and are remote viewers, so they dont respect old laws or ways of life because "they can finish you" by revealing your information or blocking you anyhow from anything you want to do or achieve.

They also network among themselves intensely.

Neuro networks and physical health compromise are another topic.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: As The Naija Internet Generation Comes Of Age, What Does It Portend For Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jan 03, 2020
Doom for lazy lecturers
Re: As The Naija Internet Generation Comes Of Age, What Does It Portend For Nigeria? by budaatum: 1:40pm On Jan 03, 2020
The new generation, you mean. Those who refuse to be lazy but check their facts instead of believing anything they are told, and the 70% or so 0-14 year olds following after them?

The future looks much brighter as we build a people of knowledge and power!
Re: As The Naija Internet Generation Comes Of Age, What Does It Portend For Nigeria? by nlPoster: 1:51pm On Jan 03, 2020
Naija google generation is not between 0 to 14.

They are mostly quite older than that but younger than 50.

They do not have the maturity associated with processing the amounts of information they obtain.
Re: As The Naija Internet Generation Comes Of Age, What Does It Portend For Nigeria? by budaatum: 2:30pm On Jan 03, 2020
nlPoster:
Naija google generation is not between 0 to 14.

They are mostly quite older than that but younger than 50.

They do not have the maturity associated with processing the amounts of information they obtain.
"Following after them", I said. The children of the "younger than 50".
Re: As The Naija Internet Generation Comes Of Age, What Does It Portend For Nigeria? by nlPoster: 3:44pm On Jan 03, 2020
budaatum:

"Following after them", I said. The children of the "younger than 50".

Not all are children.

Some do not have the expected age appropriate maturity due to their circumstances .
Re: As The Naija Internet Generation Comes Of Age, What Does It Portend For Nigeria? by nlPoster: 3:46pm On Jan 03, 2020
Thread title and op content modified to reflect the internet , not google only.

Google generation came to mind because someone referred me to google translate as a mainstream research tool for analyzing Yoruba language.

I dont even know how to express myself, sef.

(1) (Reply)

This Is A True Reality Of Our Dear Country (nigeria) / Top 10 Interesting Fact About The Hindu Methodology / Nigerian Timekeepers Are In With The Alternative Culture - Nigerian Timekeepers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.