Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,327 members, 7,808,099 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:13 AM

Five Things You Must Do Before Age Twenty-five - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Five Things You Must Do Before Age Twenty-five (357 Views)

If You Wish To Have A Better 2021, Stay Away From These Five Things. / 8 Most Important Things One Should Do Before Age 35 / 10 Things Every Lady Must Attain Before Age 30 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Five Things You Must Do Before Age Twenty-five by KlassikBlack(m): 5:11pm On Jan 03, 2020
Sometimes, life takes us by surprise; one moment you’re a kid wishing to grow up so bad so you can do adult things and the next you’re a full-grown man trying to survive ‘adulting’ and before you can say jack, you are married with three kids.
I still remember it like yesterday—the days when I was still in secondary school and was wishing so bad that I had beards. I and my friends went as far as applying methylated spirit on our jaws in the hope that it will somehow quicken the beard-growing process.
Here are a few things an adult should have done at 25 so he or she would have a more balanced life:

1. Get your international passport:
This is important because we now live in a very borderless world. A random job you applied for in Egypt just because you’re bored can come through and you don’t want something as small as lack of international passport to mess it up. Aside jobs, many scholarship/internship opportunity are open to Nigerians and you don’t want anything to stand in your way.

2. Learn how to drive:
Many people are under the wrong notion that you ought to own a car to learn to drive one. That’s not true. I have seen job openings that came with the clause that the candidate must know how to drive. Driving is a basic human skill and no one should be 25 without knowing how to do it. Apart from cases of needing it for a job or an opportunity, it may happen that an emergency situation arises and the life of a person depends on how quickly he or she is driven to the hospital. No such live deserves to be lost just because someone decided not to learn a skill as basic as learning to drive.

3. Learn A Highly Demanded Skill:
What many people don’t know is that no matter how busy you are at 25, it is a child’s play compared to how busy you’d be in the coming years. It is therefore a good time to learn a highly demanded skill, so one’s financial future will not continue to lie in the hand of those who who don’t care about him/her.

4. Learn to be okay on your own:
At 25, a certain degree of emotional is expected from an individual and learning to be okay on one’s own is one such emotion. The capacity to know when to turn off the T.V, when to shut off social media, when to say enough to YouTube’s endless streams of amazing videos is one capacity an individual is expected to have by the time they are 25.

5. Learn to cook
In the 21 st century, cooking is a basic human survival skill. Everyone irrespective of their sex should learn to cook. The desire to eat right and keep healthy should be a major factor in the desire to learn to cook.

(1) (Reply)

Process Of Google Account Recovery By Using Phone Number / Covid-19: Where Is Buhari? / Over 73,000 Muslims Accepted Jesus As Lord And Savior In Pakistan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.