Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,793 members, 7,802,522 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:50 PM

My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad (31445 Views)

I Told My Husband That I Cheated On Him. Now He Wants A Divorce. / My Mom Is A Troublemaker... I Need Help / "My Wife’s Beauty Makes Me Sleepless, I Want A Divorce" - Zimbabwea Man To Judge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by Reffone: 10:46pm On Jan 03, 2020
Please this no be joke. My parents have had a rough path for 17 years now and a marriage of 27 years.

Things seem not to work out no more and she is fed up and wants to leave cause my father is married to another woman who seems to manipulate him and has no single child. My father is well to do so she wants to know her choices, what she stands to gain or lose along the process.

Please my lawyers in the house help out.

6 Likes

Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by 2special(m): 10:57pm On Jan 03, 2020
Hope they are legally married, let her discuss with a good lawyer before moving out.... God will see her through

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by Reffone: 11:01pm On Jan 03, 2020
Yes 6children isnt illegal and he paid her bride price traditional as it was done by our fore fathers and this was recognised by all that they where married
2special:
Hope they are legally married, let her discuss with a good lawyer before moving out.... God will see her through

6 Likes

Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by dawnomike(m): 11:03pm On Jan 03, 2020
Reffone:
Please this be no joke my parents have had a rough path for 17years now and a marriage of 27years things seem not to work out no more and she is fed up and want to leave cause my father is married to another woman who seems to manipulate him and has no single child, my father is well to do so she wants to know her choices what she stands to gain or lose along the process please my lawyers in the house help out
Since you her children are grown up, she may have nothing to gain monetarily or property wise. This is Nigeria!
And why is she thinking of what what she stands to gain if she divorces ?

62 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by iPrevail(m): 11:05pm On Jan 03, 2020
In the end, it's all about the Benjamins.

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by Reffone: 11:08pm On Jan 03, 2020
Still got two underage won't they count
dawnomike:
Since you her children are grown up, she may have nothing to gain monetarily or property wise. This is Nigeria!
Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by 2special(m): 11:09pm On Jan 03, 2020
Always a complicated issue,there are questions only your mom can answer by seeing a Good lawyer and what about your extended families, what are they saying about the divorce issue.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by Reffone: 11:09pm On Jan 03, 2020
Bro strange women are real and they are demons
iPrevail:
In the end, it's all about the Benjamins.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by donbachi(m): 11:10pm On Jan 03, 2020
You better talk to ur mum to calm down and play along for the sake of her children.since your dad is well to do.before the very manipulative woman manipulate him into writing his will against the will of GOD for you guys.

145 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by dawnomike(m): 11:11pm On Jan 03, 2020
Reffone:
Still got two underage won't they count
The underage will get child support from their child which is alway very meager for their upkeep and education. There will be no provision for your mum except she has a good case of investment in the money making venture in the home.

1 Like

Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by Reffone: 11:13pm On Jan 03, 2020
Because she helped build all they have and he is with a maimi water woman lavishing the money forgetting old age
dawnomike:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by LuvSwollenPussy(m): 11:26pm On Jan 03, 2020
Reffone:
Yes 6children isnt illegal and he paid her bride price traditional as it was done by our fore fathers and this was recognised by all that they where married
This still doesn't make it legal

30 Likes

Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by Nobody: 11:27pm On Jan 03, 2020
Reffone:
Because she helped build all they have and he is with a maimi water woman lavishing the money forgetting old age
How does a person that help build the empire not have money of her own so much so that she has to depend on marriage severance to be able to cope on her own?
You think it's by staying at home and catering for children that translatea to "help build" right?
What kind of woman will want to divorce and risk it after enduring for 27years?
Will a capitalist do that?of course not!So how come a non capitalist is claiming she HELP BUILD?
No make me vex ooo!if I talk wetin dey my mind you no go happy.
Better tell her to calm down and allow you guys enjoy your possessions,else she'll have herself to blame.

93 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by iInjureHerYansh: 11:41pm On Jan 03, 2020
Only 2 questions...

1. Are you mommy's special adviser

2. Does mommy know you just poured out all your family trashes here on nairaland trashland to be looked at by dead men who are also striving and praying on a daily for devine restoration as well

Pukes*

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by Reffone: 12:42am On Jan 04, 2020
Best advice comes from critics and people u don't know, no bad blood but we all learn daily
iInjureHerYansh:
Only 2 questions...

1. Are you mommy's special adviser

2. Does mommy know you just poured out all your family trashes here on nairaland trashland to be looked at by dead men who are also striving and praying on a daily for devine restoration as well

Pukes*

50 Likes

Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by ZIMDRILL(m): 2:38am On Jan 04, 2020
2special:
Always a complicated issue,there are questions only your mom can answer by seeing a Good lawyer and what about your extended families, what are they saying about the divorce issue.

its not complicated at all if we take out corruption, she get half of what they aquired during the marriage

The problem is that most people are not educated to know their basic rights in marriage

And cultural route is biased towards women

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by unbitchable(m): 3:19am On Jan 04, 2020
Reffone:
your mom will lose. she's weighing her options seeing she's on the brink of losing almost everything. Your mom keeps fighting your dad while your dad can't get enough of the other woman for being his solace. 17 yrs on, she's been standing strong for your dad while your mom pushes him far away from home. I didn't know what must have transpired but knowing that your mom wanted everything to herself makes her a little bit selfish.

18 Likes

Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by cococandy(f): 5:05am On Jan 04, 2020
Reffone:
Please this be no joke my parents have had a rough path for 17years now and a marriage of 27years things seem not to work out no more and she is fed up and want to leave cause my father is married to another woman who seems to manipulate him and has no single child, my father is well to do so she wants to know her choices what she stands to gain or lose along the process please my lawyers in the house help out
Let young girls of nowadays learn from stories like these.

15 Likes

Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by cococandy(f): 5:07am On Jan 04, 2020
Reffone:
Bro strange women are real and they are demons

The man is the demon here. Not the “strange woman”.

He went after her and married her ignoring, humiliating and disrespecting his family. Put the blame where it belongs.

71 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by KanwuliaExtra: 5:13am On Jan 04, 2020
Lawyer for what exactly? undecided

1 Like

Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by cococandy(f): 5:14am On Jan 04, 2020
Yes she helped him build it. If he had to stay home to raise their kids, he wouldn’t be able to achieve what he did. That’s a fact.

Her contributions are valid and equal to his. Unless he considers the money to be worth more than his children and family. She birthed and raised them for the family. That’s a significant contribution to the family.

We look down on that because it’s women who do it.
because we are raised to not respect women and their efforts.

Reason why I can never encourage a woman to listen to her husband and stay at home in the name of being submissive. Unless that’s her choice made out of her free will.

After you spend your youth working to raise and keep the home, it’s discarded as nothing and you have to be dependent and subservient. begging for what’s rightfully yours. Even enduring disrespect so that you won’t lose out.

Logobenz:
How does a person that help build the empire not have money of her own so much so that she has to depend on marriage severance to be able to cope on her own?
You think it's by staying at home and catering for children that translatea to "help build" right?
Will a capitalist do that?of course not!So how come a non capitalist is claiming she HELP BUILD?
Better tell her to calm down and allow you guys enjoy your possessions,else she'll have herself to blame.

152 Likes 19 Shares

Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by NoToPile: 5:56am On Jan 04, 2020
Logobenz:

I hope the ladies are learning ooo

They said staying at home and taking care of kids doesn't translate to helping the man build.

American wonder.

72 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by Nobody: 6:06am On Jan 04, 2020
cococandy:
Yes she helped him build it. If he had to stay home to raise their kids, he wouldn’t be able to achieve what he did. That’s a fact.

Her contributions are valid and equal to his. Unless he considers the money to be worth more than his children and family. She birthed and raised them for the family. That’s a significant contribution to the family.

We look down on that because it’s women who do it.
because we are raised to not respect women and their efforts.

Reason why I can never encourage a woman to listen to her husband and stay at home in the name of being submissive. Unless that’s her choice made out of her free will.

After you spend your youth working to raise and keep the home, it’s discarded as nothing and you have to be dependent and subservient. begging for what’s rightfully yours. Even enduring disrespect so that you won’t lose out.

It is what it is

3 Likes

Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by cococandy(f): 6:15am On Jan 04, 2020
Plead:

It is what it is

It can change. Maybe not for his mom’s generation but
I hope young girls are learning

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by baby124: 6:23am On Jan 04, 2020
Let her contact a lawyer to see what her options are. Your father is going through midlife crises. He has a lot of money now and thinks he’s the most handsome. Plus he can attract any woman. Don’t worry, he will still marry more.

Let your mother fight for what she can right now because, he may lose it all with his new outlook on life. Then he will look for you people to cater for his carcass and bury him. This happens in 90% of these kinds of cases.

27 Likes

Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by Nobody: 6:33am On Jan 04, 2020
cococandy:

It can change. Maybe not for his mom’s generation but
I hope young girls are learning

Which young girls? grin you live in USA not Nigeria. grin

The young girls you’re talking about have only marriage on their mind during nysc and after serving the next thing is to rush into marriage ,they don’t care about having 50k in their account sef grin and will be very happy staying at home as housewives. grin

Forget all these internet talks ....in real life, most Nigerian women are still dependent on men, ‘only few are bread winners,well to do/ financially stable, or even have the mindset to make their own money and liberal’.

36 Likes

Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by cococandy(f): 6:41am On Jan 04, 2020
There’s a reason why it is so. (The marriage as a priority aspect). And @bold is a lie.

But again living wherever doesn’t change the validity of my point. Young girls can learn to say no to dependence in the name of being good wives who want to put their homes first to their own detriment . instead of being told that’s the way it is and there’s nothing they can do about it. They can be taught differently.

It’s almost as if we are too happy to point out the problem but reluctant to do anything about it.
Plead:

Which young girls? grin you live in USA not Nigeria. grin

The young girls you’re talking about have only marriage on their mind during nysc and after serving the next thing is to rush into marriage ,they don’t care about having 50k in their account sef grin and will be very happy staying at home as housewives. grin

Forget all these internet talks ....in real life, most Nigerian women are still dependent on men, ‘only few are bread winners,well to do/ financially stable, or even have the mindset to make their own money and liberal’.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by Nobody: 6:42am On Jan 04, 2020
cococandy:
There’s a reason why it is so. The marriage as a priority aspect.

And @bold is a lie.

Really? cheesy
Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by Nobody: 7:06am On Jan 04, 2020
cococandy:

Let young girls of nowadays learn from stories like these.
No woman benefits from being the come up woman. No woman benefits from ', building' with a man. No woman benefits from self sacrifice where a man is concerned.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by bdchange(m): 8:16am On Jan 04, 2020
funmisticqueen:
No woman benefits from being the come up woman. No woman benefits from ', building' with a man. No woman benefits from self sacrifice where a man is concerned.
There are two ways for a woman to build with her husband. She can either help build the family or help build the empire the man acquired. If she is just the staying at home woman without no significant input towards the man's business, then she has nothing to hold in the empire. The second case is that of MacKenzie Bezos, the wife of Jeff Bezos who inherited $35b from Jeff's empire because she truly deserved it considering her input in the empire Bezos has today. You need to read how the woman contributed vigorously to the successful empire Jeff Bezos has today. What I don't know now is if the OP's mother is for the former or the latter.

8 Likes

Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by yeyeosoronga: 8:43am On Jan 04, 2020
bdchange:

There are two ways for a woman to build with her husband. She can either help build the family or help build the empire the man acquired. If she is just the staying at home woman without no significant input towards the man's business, then she has nothing to hold in the empire. The second case is that of MacKenzie Bezos, the wife of Jeff Bezos who inherited $35b from Jeff's empire because she truly deserved it considering her input in the empire Bezos has today. You need to read how the woman contributed vigorously to the successful empire Jeff Bezos has today. What I don't know now is if the OP's mother is for the former or the latter.

When a woman stays home to build her family, it ends up being detrimental to her career and her earning power in the long run.
I'm a firm believer of never putting another man's dreams above my own.
Don't be left with the short end of the stick as a woman.
Pursue your own goals and dreams even while in a marriage.
If a husband insists on a stay at home wife, make sure you're legally married to him, and get lawyers to sign an agreement that all future earnings in the marriage will be shared equally, should anything go wrong.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Mom Is Suggesting A Divorce From My Dad by bukatyne(f): 9:03am On Jan 04, 2020
Reffone:

Go to an 'honest' lawyer who will tell you want your mum's chances really are.

What is the profile of you the kids? Is your mum currently earning?

What is your dad's responsibility towards you guys currently? Does he sponsor you guys through school? Care for your mum financially?

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

5 Signs Of A Childish Adult / When Is The Right Time To Tell Him/Her Of A Child From Previous Relationship? / My 4 Generations And Still Counting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.