Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:53 AM

Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home - Career (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home (85689 Views)

Meet Adebola Rebecca, GIGL’s First Female Captain (photos) / Owerri Lawyer Wore Blue Suit To Court (Photos) / Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by Slmfit(m): 3:19pm On Jan 05, 2020
Marine54:
Her mate are moving forward, and she is moving backward by converted to islam! slam is means backwardness. Shame to her......

Dont be pained. It is her choice not your choice. She is free to convert to any religion she likes and besides she has move forward long time ago living you here in Naija. It is you that needs to move forward
Aegerine:

Fast man! substantiate your claim or face front
Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by Slmfit(m): 3:19pm On Jan 05, 2020
Marine54:
Her mate are moving forward, and she is moving backward by converted to islam! slam is means backwardness. Shame to her......

Dont be pained. It is her choice not your choice. She is free to convert to any religion she likes and besides she has moved forward long time ago living you here in Naija. It is you that needs to move forward
Aegerine:

Fast man! substantiate your claim or face front
Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by MrSquint: 4:54pm On Jan 05, 2020
Africans and Religion
Especially these Nigerians

Terrorist/Extremist everywhere

Maybe them dey fear her for her work place,
But why them no go fear her ?

She just could be one of them
Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by cleoblizz332(f): 6:40pm On Jan 05, 2020
When a Christian decided to be doing evangelism at a time he is to attend to customers, then the management have the right to question him.we don't support nonsense all for the sake of religion
CAPSLOCKED:
AS USUAL, CHRISTIANS ARE JUBILATING BECAUSE IT'S ISLAM THAT IS BEING PULLED.
BUT IF YOU BAN A CHRISTIAN FROM PREACHING OR PRAYING PUBLICLY, OR YOU BAN CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS BOOKS OR ITEMS YOU'LL FIND THEM WAILING ABOUT THE ATTACK ON CHRIST AND HOW THE GATES OF HELL CANNOT PREVAIL, ALONG WITH OTHER NONSENSES THEY UTTER WHENEVER THEIR RELIGIOUS ACTIONS ARE QUESTIONED.

THE TRUTH IS, CHRISTIANS AND MUSLIMS.... YOU ARE ONE.

YOU ALL HAVE TO STOP FIGHTING EACH OTHER. YOU NEED TO EMBRACE EACH OTHER LIKE ONE LARGE CONGREGATION OF GULLIBLE DIRECTIONLESS HERD OF CATTLE THAT NEITHER KNOW WHAT THEY'RE DOING OR WHERE THEY'RE GOING. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by Ogunnnowos: 8:49pm On Jan 05, 2020
klax:

Hahahaha now I understand I'm responding to one of demonic 72 virgin eccentric head sorry bro.

I ensue in constructive argument with normal human being not 72
f u c k I n g virgin maniac human pls.

Any further quote from you straight to thrash you don't really worth it.

Good night if you wish.
I still repeat if you continue this way,you will burn yourself with hate,you also Dont deserve my time
Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by klax(m): 10:46am On Jan 06, 2020
[[s]author=Ogunnnowos post=85534335]I still repeat if you continue this way,you will burn yourself with hate,you also Dont deserve my time [/quote][/s]
Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by CeterisXVII: 12:57pm On Jan 06, 2020
LegendHer0:
Try to talk to me with intellect please.

I responded earlier to the guy who said she lied about been a convert to Islam. The guy opined she has always been a Muslim and she was lying about he new conversion to Islam.

So I asked the guy if Folake Adebola is a Muslim name. What I’m trying to drive at was that she was a Christian before and it was true she converted to Islam.

Do you get the argument now? Don’t just jump on mentions for typing sake.
There is absolutely NOTHING in the post that says she was a Christian before. She could have been an atheist, a freemason or even a voodoo devotée. Don't jump to conclusions, please! sad

LegendHer0:
That name is a Christian name. The Muslims don’t bear that kind of name in its entirety like double abiso without at least an Arabic name to complement them. She would have at least got some Islamic name included if she had been a Muslim.

I’m Yoruba so I know what I’m saying.
Oga, that name is NOT a Christian name. It is a pure, bona fide Yoruba name.

I have Yoruba relations, friends and neighbours.

Not everyone likes using or including their Arabic names, when they are being addressed. shocked So please do not speak for everybody.

My cousin's Muslim name is Mulikat. She has never used it for one day. It is not even in her passport. And her father is a Muslim. Her paternal grandfather was even an imam.

There are many people like her, who do not carry their religion on their heads. undecided
Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by CeterisXVII: 1:02pm On Jan 06, 2020
lipsrsealed kiss cry
Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by CeterisXVII: 1:07pm On Jan 06, 2020
midnighter:
Its not about the hijab. Its the way she went about it. See how haphazardly she threw the scarf on her head. If you look at Islamic fashion there are so many nice styles you can use to tie that stuff and look good. She is just trying to provoke.

That hijab is not suitable for working in fast food with the way its dangling. Moreover the colour does not rhyme with the uniform. She didnt even try to blend it

She should have worn a grey or red hijab and used a short cloth that will look neat and professional and not with tassels that will be dipping in and out of the food and soiling everywhere

And she should have taken time out to consult with her manager and not announcing to everybody that she "will be wearing hijab soon" so that the manager wont feel like shes trying to take licence.

At least there are ways of doing things when dealing with human beings

Does the Iman of a Muslim include being stupid in the workplace Why didnt she discuss with her manager about how her hijab will comply with workplace regulation and food safety and hygiene beforehand?

What is persecution and discrimination there? What about "Al-Hikmah"?
Don't mind the girl. angry Those tassels on her hijab, can even catch fire, or be regarded as a potential hazard, if she is working near a naked flame, in the kitchen.

She could have tried using a short turban, or asked the office to provide her with appropriate head gear, for work. sad

She just wanted cheap publicity, o jaré. Anything to trend, for some people. undecided

1 Like

Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by CeterisXVII: 1:33pm On Jan 06, 2020
omorkelly:
Many usually dropped their senses whenever islam is being discussed.
Even the company attorney confirmed thier apology to the Lady and blamed the manager for his ignorance concerning religious expression.
WOULD THEY HAVE APOLOGIZED IF SHE ACTED WRONGLY IN THE FACE OF THE LAW?
The lawyer was only trying to save face by being politically correct. Is it not America, again?

What the lawyer did, was to nip a potential problem, in the bud. The company will let the noise die down first, then they will post her to one backward section, where nobody will ever see her.

Later, they will frustrate her life by giving her deliverables that she cannot meet. The day she makes one small offence, she will be made redundant.....

In the next 6 months, she won't be there with that hijab.

midnighter:
My friend, thats what we call in English language "cutting our losses". Or damage control

They were not wrong but they are just trying to get their name out of the "Twittersphere" and protect their profits instead falling on heir swords by claiming right
Exactly!! You got it, right!! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by midnighter(f): 2:16pm On Jan 06, 2020
CeterisXVII:

Don't mind the girl. angry Those tassels on her hijab, can even catch fire, or be regarded as a potential hazard, if she is working near a naked flame, in the kitchen.

She could have tried using a short turban, or asked the office to provide her with appropriate head gear, for work. sad

She just wanted cheap publicity, o jaré. Anything to trend, for some people. undecided

Thank you ooo...dont mind these rubbish people trying to make excuses for iniquity.

Islam does not tell people to be outwardly disrespectful to their employers.

They would have been happy to give her something to cover her head or discuss options with her if she had tried to behave like an enlightened person and not some backward imp who doesnt know how to relate her concerns politely with people.

1 Like

Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by TypicalPitah(m): 2:59pm On Jan 06, 2020
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I'd never understand the brain behind religious overzealousness.
The job is not yours,
The country is not yours,
But you need both yet you won't conform.

Who are you then?
Even typical guest decorum demands that you abide by the dictates of your host.

It is the frigging U.S of A for fvck's sake. If your employer askes you not to wipe your arse after using the toilet.
Please do it with all joy and even smear some of it on your face to show full compliance.

Only people who forget where they are coming from are in a hurry to get sent back to Nigeria for avoidable reasons.

I once overhead a mom tell her children after they gatecrashed an event, 'eat o, you know as house be!!'
And ever since, no matter where I am, I never forget that home is Nigeria.
Sadly home is hell for most of us that we'd rather lick our fingers after packing shiit in elderly homes of organized, functional countries than live lavish in Banana Island.

So OP, I hope by home, you mean back in the hinterlands of Agbede where she can wear her hijab without any criticisms.
hey bro, do you live in Ikorodu
Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by omorkelly(m): 8:54am On Jan 07, 2020
GeniusWannabe:

That troll is not a Muslim. He's an atheist, always looking for opportunities to take a jab at theists, especially Christians.

You guys are always funny Lol. In your church, everybody wear the choir gown/robe?.... no its only for the musical group during church service. And we all know there's no where such garment was prescribed in the Holly Bibble.
whereas the Holly Quran commanded the muslim females to always cover their body except while indoor and no any visitor therein.
So you can see the two mode of dressings are different and therefore incomparable. One love.
Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by Nobody: 8:57am On Jan 07, 2020
omorkelly:

You guys are always funny Lol. In your church, everybody wear the choir gown/robe?.... no its only for the musical group during church service. And we all know there's no where such garment was prescribed in the Holly Bibble.
whereas the Holly Quran commanded the muslim females to always cover their body except while indoor and no any visitor therein.
So you can see the two mode of dressings are different and therefore incomparable. One love.
And does that define a woman with a good heart?

By the way, how does your comment correlate with what you quoted.
Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by Nobody: 8:57am On Jan 07, 2020
omorkelly:

And does that define a woman with a good heart? If they like they should cover themselves from head to toe indoor and outdoor, it doesn't stop them from committing sexual sin.

By the way, how does your comment correlate with what you quoted?
Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by omorkelly(m): 11:04am On Jan 07, 2020
GeniusWannabe:

And does that define a woman with a good heart?

By the way, how does your comment correlate with what you quoted.

"Woman with a good heart" is that the subject?.
sorry i misquoted. But someone refered to choir dress as comparable to hijab.
Anyways, its unusual of me indulging in this kind of conversations therefore dont expect further response from me.
PEACE.
Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by Nobody: 11:08am On Jan 07, 2020
omorkelly:

"Woman with a good heart" is that the subject?.
sorry i misquoted. But someone refered to choir dress as comparable to hijab.
Anyways, its unusual of me indulging in this kind of conversations therefore dont expect further response from me.
PEACE.
K. Bye!

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

See Someone's Salary In Kogi State - Photos / Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here / Woman Loses Her Corporate Job After Revealing How Many People She's Slept With

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.