Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,557 members, 7,809,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:19 PM

Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home (85691 Views)

Meet Adebola Rebecca, GIGL’s First Female Captain (photos) / Owerri Lawyer Wore Blue Suit To Court (Photos) / Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by Kapeter(m): 3:16pm On Jan 04, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:
AS USUAL, CHRISTIANS ARE JUBILATING BECAUSE IT'S ISLAM THAT IS BEING PULLED.
BUT IF YOU BAN A CHRISTIAN FROM PREACHING OR PRAYING PUBLICLY, OR YOU BAN CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS BOOKS OR ITEMS YOU'LL FIND THEM WAILING ABOUT THE ATTACK ON CHRIST AND HOW THE GATES OF HELL CANNOT PREVAIL, ALONG WITH OTHER NONSENSES THEY UTTER WHENEVER THEIR RELIGIOUS ACTIONS ARE QUESTIONED.

THE TRUTH IS, CHRISTIANS AND MUSLIMS.... YOU ARE ONE.

YOU ALL HAVE TO STOP FIGHTING EACH OTHER. YOU NEED TO EMBRACE EACH OTHER LIKE ONE LARGE CONGREGATION OF GULLIBLE DIRECTIONLESS HERD OF CATTLE THAT NEITHER KNOW WHAT THEY'RE DOING OR WHERE THEY'RE GOING. cheesy
what you don't understand. A christian cannot be free to do christian things without persecution in a muslim dominated society/community/country same applies to muslim and it will be that way for a long time or even forever. Instead of trying to cause trouble, why not let us all kuku live and let live then. Imagine a christian in kuwait working in a typical muslim settings work and trying to fast and break fast during work hours and all just because he's a christian and fasting and breaking is part of the religion, you think such will be understood by kuwati employers? Nah.

7 Likes

Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by TUANKU(m): 3:16pm On Jan 04, 2020
Religious bigot. Obey the dress code at your workplace or quit the job simple.

11 Likes

Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by edwardjoseph: 3:16pm On Jan 04, 2020
na wa oh
Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by Ayofaks(f): 3:17pm On Jan 04, 2020
She should come back to Naija grin, she will be allowed to wear her hijab to anywhere

7 Likes

Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by Jeezuzpick(m): 3:17pm On Jan 04, 2020
She was told to observe the company dress code, or leave.
She chose to leave.
Pretty much same thing will happen to a Christian who wants to work in Hooters ( grin)
I don't see any issue here.
If she's being discriminated against in US, she should try Yemen or Afghanistan.
They love people like her over there

6 Likes

Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by uninspired07: 3:18pm On Jan 04, 2020
YorubaPrince:
Good job... send her ass home! You can't go to another man's country and wanna be claiming nonsense. She can go to Saudi or Somalia if she wants to cover up like terrorists. Nonsense!

Nice.

Legendher0, this is a fellow Yoruba man like us that calls it out as it is & isnt islamophobic or Igbo. It’s all all Yorubas that call out the ills of Islam that is Igbo. We have many Christians in Yorubaland that are not comfortable with the excesses of Islam.

As for the main story, they will sort it out themselves.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by Victor08032(m): 3:18pm On Jan 04, 2020
That's part of critical rules that has to abide at any where selling beverages or delicacies because if care is not taken, before you realize it, customers will be engaging in set back at that organization.

that's normal thin that the manager did.

besides, what could have make the lady started wearing it one she didn't wearing before.
She will learn her lesson now.

me too as manager at eatery, I don't allow such nonsense.

4 Likes

Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by pacespot(m): 3:18pm On Jan 04, 2020
See fat. She needs to shed weights first and worry less about her hijab.

5 Likes

Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jan 04, 2020
Esseite:

You were employed as a none hijab wearing muslim, then out of the blues you tell your colleagues 2months after you would start wearing hijab without checks if the outfit has reservations for hijab?...

That is a breach of employment contract.

Don't mind her. Some people just like wahala. She was probably a muslim all along and joined the company with a master plan. Even if she wasn't, they have the right to determine what an employee should wear at work. Saudi Arabia has a dress code for anyone in their own country, so let any muslim respect other countries' dress code and work regulations.

7 Likes

Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by cooltola(m): 3:19pm On Jan 04, 2020
A lot of people just jump into conclusions without knowing the facts.It is not as if she dresses in a seductive way. There are many Muslims in America and it is the us constitution not to discriminate against anyone religion. She has the right to wear hijab because the US law allows it that is why it is a big deal.

1 Like

Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by Kobicove(m): 3:19pm On Jan 04, 2020
These people and their warped send of entitlement...

You're supposed to comply with the rules of your employer when you're at work, it's as simple as that!

2 Likes

Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by mubbyone(m): 3:20pm On Jan 04, 2020
Marine54:
Her mate are moving forward, and she is moving backward by converted to islam! slam is means backwardness. Shame to her......
see big mumu

1 Like

Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by Jollof123: 3:20pm On Jan 04, 2020
Enemyofpeace:
She think sey na jungle she still dey. Fok her, fok hijab, fok Mohammed

LWKMD....just like your moniker" Enemyofpeace".

Am a Muslim and my truck driver is a Christian. Just few weeks of giving him the truck...he decided to put " Cross logo on the front glass of the truck" it's been there for a year+ now and I never told him to remove it since the truck is mine and am a Muslim.

So far, he is doing his work well and serve the purpose of his employment that's all.

What if I now collect the truck from him on that basis and give it to a fellow Muslim driver?... We need peaceful co-existence biko.

8 Likes

Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by AngelicBeing: 3:20pm On Jan 04, 2020
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I'd never understand the brain behind religious overzealousness.
The job is not yours,
The country is not yours,
But you need both yet you won't conform.

Who are you then?
Even typical guest decorum demands that you abide by the dictates of your host.

It is the frigging U.S of A for fvck's sake. If your employer askes you not to wipe your arse after using the toilet.
Please do it with all joy and even smear some of it on your face to show full compliance.

Only people who forget where they are coming from are in a hurry to get sent back to Nigeria for avoidable reasons.

I once overhead a mom tell her children after they gatecrashed an event, 'eat o, you know as house be!!'
And ever since, no matter where I am, I never forget that home is Nigeria.
Sadly home is hell for most of us that we'd rather lick our fingers after packing shiit in elderly homes of organized, functional countries than live lavish in Banana Island.

So OP, I hope by home, you mean back in the hinterlands of Agbede where she can wear her hijab without any criticisms.
You have started again with your jugunu analysis grin

1 Like

Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by olajide8(m): 3:21pm On Jan 04, 2020
Tundemuttee:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/chicken-express-texas-employee-says-manager-told-her-she-had-to-remove-hijab-2020-01-03/

https://mobile.twitter.com/naemuulaa/status/1211702462475907072

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoWK_MpS-rA

Why do these people always do this? The organisation she works for has a dress code - you flaunted their dress code and they told you to go home- if your faith doesn't allow you to go without the hijab, leave their job for them na by force?

Why should you force your own belief on them? Imagine a borrowed religion, a group of people that have enslaved generations and generations of your fore father's, prior to dating as far back BC's and later AD's, pyramids are there to show how they were used as slave workers to build them in exchange for food, you now practice the rights of the religion written by one man under a tree, more then the owners/generations of the rightful heirs of the practice, to make matters worst, even with all the education to university or at least secondary school, still no common sense in her head, educated illiterates everywhere-

6 Likes

Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by SEGLIZ: 3:21pm On Jan 04, 2020
Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by Babaheekmat: 3:22pm On Jan 04, 2020
She's not using hijab...
Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by optimusprime2(m): 3:22pm On Jan 04, 2020
I really don't get people at times...
Why couldn't she adhere to the dress code at work?
Why test electricity to see if it would shock especially when you know what electricity can do?
When I was in the middle East even as a Christian, I adhered and acknowledged the laws and customs of the land, I didn't use my faith to provoke policies, despite the fact that I had my differences.
If you were not allowed to wear your hijab there simply leave and go to where you can be accommodated.

7 Likes

Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by bjbjbj: 3:23pm On Jan 04, 2020
Tell her to relocate to Saudi Arabia

1 Like

Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jan 04, 2020
The truth is most Americans won't accept her services with the hijab on thereby leading to a decrease in the number of customers patronizing them.

4 Likes

Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by Akuruoulo(m): 3:23pm On Jan 04, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:
AS USUAL, CHRISTIANS ARE JUBILATING BECAUSE IT'S ISLAM THAT IS BEING PULLED.
BUT IF YOU BAN A CHRISTIAN FROM PREACHING OR PRAYING PUBLICLY, OR YOU BAN CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS BOOKS OR ITEMS YOU'LL FIND THEM WAILING ABOUT THE ATTACK ON CHRIST AND HOW THE GATES OF HELL CANNOT PREVAIL, ALONG WITH OTHER NONSENSES THEY UTTER WHENEVER THEIR RELIGIOUS ACTIONS ARE QUESTIONED.

THE TRUTH IS, CHRISTIANS AND MUSLIMS.... YOU ARE ONE.

YOU ALL HAVE TO STOP FIGHTING EACH OTHER. YOU NEED TO EMBRACE EACH OTHER LIKE ONE LARGE CONGREGATION OF GULLIBLE DIRECTIONLESS HERD OF CATTLE THAT NEITHER KNOW WHAT THEY'RE DOING OR WHERE THEY'RE GOING. cheesy

but she breached their dress code .

nobody stopped her from wearing it elsewhere

1 Like

Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by zigzagluv: 3:24pm On Jan 04, 2020
please confirm , hijab is optional in saudi arabia , is not madatory to wear hijab even in saudi arabia

read this link for confirmation

https://www.alaraby.co.uk/english/news/2018/3/20/abayas-not-mandatory-for-women-says-saudi-crown-prince

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/middle-east/women-in-saudi-arabia-do-not-need-to-wear-head-cover-says-crown-prince-1.3433096
YorubaPrince:
Good job... send her ass home! You can't go to another man's country and wanna be claiming nonsense. She can go to Saudi or Somalia if she wants to cover up like terrorists. Nonsense!
Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by LegendHer0: 3:24pm On Jan 04, 2020
uninspired07:

Nice.

Legendher0, this is a fellow Yoruba man like us that calls it out as it is & isnt islamophobic or Igbo. It’s all all Yorubas that call out the ills of Islam that is Igbo. We have many Christians in Yorubaland that are not comfortable with the excesses of Islam.

As for the main story, they will sort it out themselves.

Bro you shouldn’t discuss what you don’t know. Most Nigerians are ignorant and they always think every country will be archaic as theirs.

In USA, there are several states where even police officers wear hijabs and several government establishments. Infact even in the house of representative you can wear your hijab.

Nike is a brand in USA and they are producing hijab which millions are wearing daily and it’s just plain ridiculous that Nigerians will be saying rubbish they don’t know.

If you reach the USA, right from the international airport where you’ll encounter the custom officials (ICE agents), we have several custom officials in hijab and even in private agencies like Fortune 500 companies people use hijab freely without intimidation.

I work in one of the Fortune 100 companies and there are several colleagues that come to work in mid size hijab especially Nike.

Even the restaurant in question already apologized to the woman so I don’t know why Nigerians Christians like to most time brother on things that dosen’t concern them.

Hijab is her right, in as much as they don’t make it compulsory for her to wear it against her will, she is free to wear hijab as she want.

Note: most of you Christians on here are showing more terrorism tendencies by not being tolerant and always finding a way to shoot Islam down at every instant. You are all becoming a menace and it will only be a short time before you all start picking up arms too like the Islamic jihadists.

4 Likes

Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by Larrykaysail(m): 3:25pm On Jan 04, 2020
YorubaPrince:
you are a fool. Everyone has his or her right in America .... if a white come to naija and do shit you people will allow them... you need to grow up

1 Like

Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by LegendHer0: 3:25pm On Jan 04, 2020
YorubaPrince:

You are more terrorist than her. You’re also saying nonsense just like you opined in your post.

1 Like

Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by Jeezuzpick(m): 3:25pm On Jan 04, 2020
cooltola:
A lot of people just jump into conclusions without knowing the facts.It is not as if she dresses in a seductive way. There are many Muslims in America and it is the us constitution not to discriminate against anyone religion. She has the right to wear hijab because the US law allows it that is why it is a big deal.

She signed a CONTRACT in which she agreed to wear company branded garb at work. She cannot breach a contract she obviously agreed to then say it's the fault of the other party.
It's like a school placing clear pictures of their uniforms in the admission letter, then pupils sign agreement only to come in and start their own uniforms.
Religion is no excuse.

4 Likes

Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by johnpablo541(m): 3:26pm On Jan 04, 2020
Cyberterror:
I have seen bankers wear hijab at work in Lagos.

Maybe he is referring to the Christian southern states in Nigeria. I may be wrong
Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by greatbuc(m): 3:26pm On Jan 04, 2020
So you converted just to gain publicity.. Just know that your stay there may not be long.. You don't even have a friend there, they just hate you regardless of your religion. You look like a troubled girl. I hope you find a better job fast if my perception is wrong.
Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by Nmezor(f): 3:27pm On Jan 04, 2020
Serves her right, Didn't she know it wasnt part of the dress code for the company before
Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by makavelidon(m): 3:27pm On Jan 04, 2020
The company might loose customers due to her Hijab. Islamophobia is real.

1 Like

Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by xynerise: 3:29pm On Jan 04, 2020
You broke the rules. GTFO if you can't respect the rules undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

See Someone's Salary In Kogi State - Photos / Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here / Woman Loses Her Corporate Job After Revealing How Many People She's Slept With

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.