Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,778 members, 7,802,388 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:31 PM

Job Opportunities Between Electrical Engineering And Computer Science - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Job Opportunities Between Electrical Engineering And Computer Science (492 Views)

Computer Science And Computer Engineering: What Are The Differences? / Between Civil Engineering And Dentistry Which Is More Lucrative In Nigeria Today / Data Processing And Computer Notes For Secondary Schools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Job Opportunities Between Electrical Engineering And Computer Science by Generalgurus(m): 9:58am On Jan 04, 2020
Please Naira landers between Electrical engineering and Computer science which course have more job opportunities in Nigeria than the other.
I like the two courses, I don't know the one to choose between the two..
Please I need a good answers on this...

Re: Job Opportunities Between Electrical Engineering And Computer Science by Enwhen(m): 10:28am On Jan 04, 2020
Elect/Elect....5years

Comp. SC.....4years

Presently , jobs are generally limited in Nigeria, as such skills in your area of study matters slot , and in most varsities in Nigeria , studying comp science doesn't really mean u will really understand the main applicantions in various areas... U will need to go for many self sponsored training to groom yourself , else , u would only be seen as a graduate of comp science but computer science wouldn't be seen in u....

Elect/Elect is the only course in engineering in Nigeria today, that u will study and have a better knowledge of what u studied , unlike other engnring courses...there many option in elect/elect, which includes : Power, Electronics, TeleCom, CONTROL, .... And my advice for u , is that since u like the both courses, I will advice u to go for ELECT/ELECT , and option for control if the need be, so that u can be a guru in both Comp science and Elect/Elect, despite your uni knowledge on comp.science, after school maybe from during your NYSC, u can starts running various programmes in computer science, tho it's expensive as some may cost up to 500 - 600k , but with that , u would be more skilled than those who studied comp science in the varsity only and your fellows in Elect/Elect....sip it...u may not value this because it's free...

1 Like

Re: Job Opportunities Between Electrical Engineering And Computer Science by Generalgurus(m): 11:21am On Jan 04, 2020
Enwhen:
Elect/Elect....5years

Comp. SC.....4years

Presently , jobs are generally limited in Nigeria, as such skills in your area of study matters slot , and in most varsities in Nigeria , studying comp science doesn't really mean u will really understand the main applicantions in various areas... U will need to go for many self sponsored training to groom yourself , else , u would only be seen as a graduate of comp science but computer science wouldn't be seen in u....

Elect/Elect is the only course in engineering in Nigeria today, that u will study and have a better knowledge of what u studied , unlike other engnring courses...there many option in elect/elect, which includes : Power, Electronics, TeleCom, CONTROL, .... And my advice for u , is that since u like the both courses, I will advice u to go for ELECT/ELECT , and option for control if the need be, so that u can be a guru in both Comp science and Elect/Elect, despite your uni knowledge on comp.science, after school maybe from during your NYSC, u can starts running various programmes in computer science, tho it's expensive as some may cost up to 500 - 600k , but with that , u would be more skilled than those who studied comp science in the varsity only and your fellows in Elect/Elect....sip it...u may not value this because it's free...

Thanks a lot bro, I really appreciate your advice
Re: Job Opportunities Between Electrical Engineering And Computer Science by NDSMELODY(m): 1:13pm On Jan 04, 2020
Make sure ur kwoledge in mth and physics is solid if u later choose elect/elect
Re: Job Opportunities Between Electrical Engineering And Computer Science by Generalgurus(m): 2:51pm On Jan 04, 2020
NDSMELODY:

Thanks a lot bro
Re: Job Opportunities Between Electrical Engineering And Computer Science by Enwhen(m): 3:49pm On Jan 04, 2020
Generalgurus:

Thanks a lot bro, I really appreciate your advice

You are welcome
Re: Job Opportunities Between Electrical Engineering And Computer Science by ahmedsaniadamu(m): 8:48pm On Jan 04, 2020
go for computer science because engineering is just a waste of time in Nigeria
Re: Job Opportunities Between Electrical Engineering And Computer Science by frankosivue(m): 10:11pm On Jan 04, 2020
NDSMELODY:
They all require solid knowledge in Mathematics and Physics.

(1) (Reply)

ASUU may Own The Record for most Union Strikes Globally! (Includes stats) / Did Federal Govt Pay Varsity Workers March Salary / Disregard News Of Schools To Reopen In November

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.