Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,295 members, 7,808,003 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:19 AM

Abdulkareem Haruna: Kidnapped & Released Journalist Narrates Shocking Experience - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Abdulkareem Haruna: Kidnapped & Released Journalist Narrates Shocking Experience (35202 Views)

Crippled Kidnapper Buhari Haruna Arrested While Collecting ₦2M Ransom In Katsina / Haruna Kuye Shot Dead In Kaduna / They Put Chemicals In Our Private Parts” – Libya Returnee Narrates Shocking Orde (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abdulkareem Haruna: Kidnapped & Released Journalist Narrates Shocking Experience by AmuDimpka: 5:27pm On Jan 04, 2020
I give up
Re: Abdulkareem Haruna: Kidnapped & Released Journalist Narrates Shocking Experience by AmuDimpka: 5:28pm On Jan 04, 2020
Ayotemide:
I read it and I know it is now time to leave this country.

I have believed in it long enough, my belief for something better seems like a fantasy now.

Thank you Nigeria.
I am scared and it's time to Leave shïthole

1 Like

Re: Abdulkareem Haruna: Kidnapped & Released Journalist Narrates Shocking Experience by hometruth: 5:31pm On Jan 04, 2020
Most Nigerians are lazy, don't read. As for me I read everything and was wishing he tells the whole story. The wise have gotten great information here. Thank you for the courage to share this gorry experience sir. God continue l to protect us all.

3 Likes

Re: Abdulkareem Haruna: Kidnapped & Released Journalist Narrates Shocking Experience by goodmorning40: 5:33pm On Jan 04, 2020
I cldnt stop reading until the last full stop. Must say the writer is a captivating writer and the story a very scary one
And I ponder who will save Nigeria when will Nigeria be good
Crime seem to be the easiest thing to do in Nigeria now

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abdulkareem Haruna: Kidnapped & Released Journalist Narrates Shocking Experience by jamace(m): 5:34pm On Jan 04, 2020
Terrible experience.

"Buy the highway..." from Police around the area I believe? Hmm. corruption unlimited.

3 Likes

Re: Abdulkareem Haruna: Kidnapped & Released Journalist Narrates Shocking Experience by Neshietdebayzman(m): 5:40pm On Jan 04, 2020
Frankyboy1:
I know our lazy youths has lost the culture of reading, I try to read every meaningful article possible, as a lot of live lessons can be learnt, so I will summarize.
Nigeria is no longer a safe nation, as hunger poverty, illiteracy has finished the nation.
Buhari being the president of the nation has emboldened the Fulani brothers who are the architect of most crimes,
Please and please this nation is unsafe and a lot of informants and ways of finding out your financial capacity,either real or virtual, so pls do well to delete your account details, keep pictures that depict you as being wealthy from your phones or Facebook pages,try to be as discrete as possible with your financial worth or relatives that re capable financially,

Try to be as prayerful as possible,and avoid all suspicious route except its unavoidable, our security personals have majorly compromised with this criminals and are in tanderm with them, so you are your own first safety officer,

God keep us all and happy new year
This line got me: "The man in charge of frisking phones suddenly became generous with his skills.
He told us how and why some kidnapped persons don’t make out alive.

“You Nigeria people are always the cause of your problems,” he said with disgust.

“Why do you take photos of what you are not? You take photos in places or cars that don’t belong to you and keep them on your phone? That is what we use to judge whether you have money or not. We don’t care if it was real or fake when we notice that what you claim is in contrast with what
we see on your phones, you are gone."

2 Likes

Re: Abdulkareem Haruna: Kidnapped & Released Journalist Narrates Shocking Experience by Legendguru: 5:40pm On Jan 04, 2020
Hmmm
Re: Abdulkareem Haruna: Kidnapped & Released Journalist Narrates Shocking Experience by segun18(m): 5:45pm On Jan 04, 2020
I thank God for your Life.May God expose all this Evil kidnapper's

1 Like

Re: Abdulkareem Haruna: Kidnapped & Released Journalist Narrates Shocking Experience by madridsta007(m): 6:04pm On Jan 04, 2020
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

I said in my last post that the villainy of the heardsmen predates GEJ but because everything to you must boil down a battle between Goodluck and Buhari, you went to google to look for the date Muhammed Yusuf was killed and who was president then, just so as to prove GEJ is innocent of the insurgency then. Both The herdsmen and boko haram are killing innocent defenceless Nigerians in cold blood, so in the sense that they are both terrorists shows they are the same. The herdsmen are actually going for cows in Zamfara and other parts of northern Nigeria and the issue is still on going. Hope do you explain that? And if I may ask, what like did I tell?

Lol @ looking for the date. You are funny Oga, I know the date and how it happened because I was in Maiduguri that week.

I asked certain questions and mentioned coincidences that you’ve chosen to ignore. It is understandable.

Buhari is the President and the buck stops at his table as President. It doesn’t stop at the table of Nnamdi Azikiwe. Do you lots ever get this at all?
Re: Abdulkareem Haruna: Kidnapped & Released Journalist Narrates Shocking Experience by LordReed(m): 6:10pm On Jan 04, 2020
So kidnappers set dey pay to god for success plus dem even dey succeed on top. LMAO!

1 Like

Re: Abdulkareem Haruna: Kidnapped & Released Journalist Narrates Shocking Experience by nams77: 6:13pm On Jan 04, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

When Sergent IT send WhatsApp message to your wife saying, honey snap the car and the house for me grin, your beating go come double for misleading grin
Lol. ; grin Badt guy. In fact I'm telling madam right away. Anytime she receive such message, she should disregard it grin

3 Likes

Re: Abdulkareem Haruna: Kidnapped & Released Journalist Narrates Shocking Experience by Arthur02(m): 6:26pm On Jan 04, 2020
I read from beginning to end, Nigeria is a hell on earth

1 Like

Re: Abdulkareem Haruna: Kidnapped & Released Journalist Narrates Shocking Experience by Yoighaman(m): 6:27pm On Jan 04, 2020
@OP: Sorry I forgot to commend your writing style and skills....nice one! Otherwise some of us wouldn't have read all through, you are indeed a good journalist and we pray God continues to protect and bless you Insha Allah.

1 Like

Re: Abdulkareem Haruna: Kidnapped & Released Journalist Narrates Shocking Experience by don4real18(m): 7:05pm On Jan 04, 2020
You are a good writer though you need to learn more about descriptive writing. I'm happy that you all survived the uncomfortable event and I am forced to believe that these kidnappers on highways connive with the security units to carry out their evil acts.

2 Likes

Re: Abdulkareem Haruna: Kidnapped & Released Journalist Narrates Shocking Experience by murmee: 7:10pm On Jan 04, 2020
isan:
I actually read every bit of your story
I also did. It's so sad that kidnapping is happening so often and with ease. Something keeps telling me that these evil people work in collaboration with the Police.

In saner climes, the Police would have been involved and would have gone ahead of Gbenga to where the ransom will be delivered. The Police (in mufti and not using official vehicles) will take a different route to the place and hide and as the ransom is delivered and the captives take off, the kidnappers will be surrounded or chased.

Of course, there will be shoot outs but that will send strong message to kidnappers that they cannot hold the country to ransom and always get away with it!

3 Likes

Re: Abdulkareem Haruna: Kidnapped & Released Journalist Narrates Shocking Experience by ebullient19(f): 7:18pm On Jan 04, 2020
What if your other abductees weren't able to provide the random? This country is...

1 Like

Re: Abdulkareem Haruna: Kidnapped & Released Journalist Narrates Shocking Experience by Edandy(m): 7:29pm On Jan 04, 2020
Wow. I read everything. Wonderful read! Hope you guys noticed that the kidnapping was so organized that 'sergeant' leader claimed he had bought the entire road for that period.

Secondly, these kidnappers were fulanis and yet hate Boko Haram.

Thirdly, their mobile phones gave them away; pictures, and other contents determine how much to be paid as ransom.

In summary, Nigeria is in deep shit! A multifaceted problem. Boko Haram, heldsmen, cattle ruslers, kidnappers, bank rubbers etc.

That Abuja Jos road is my route. Na only God go save Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Abdulkareem Haruna: Kidnapped & Released Journalist Narrates Shocking Experience by hero2000: 7:55pm On Jan 04, 2020
Have you noticed that the first comments on most topics are not as intelligent as the later ones?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abdulkareem Haruna: Kidnapped & Released Journalist Narrates Shocking Experience by lekkys: 8:06pm On Jan 04, 2020
It is well
Re: Abdulkareem Haruna: Kidnapped & Released Journalist Narrates Shocking Experience by after7: 8:25pm On Jan 04, 2020
It is scary and at the same time saddening.

How do they get arms and ammunition?

No conscience whatsoever.

How can one be praying to God knowing he has done evil? Those that go about killing people or like the politicians that want to feed fat off people....

It is sickening.

Righteousness exalts a nation but Nigeria is by far the worst as we have completely lost our moral values (everything is a SCAM).

I will continue saying this: we (including myself) are just a bunch of hypocrites!!!

1 Like

Re: Abdulkareem Haruna: Kidnapped & Released Journalist Narrates Shocking Experience by gidjah(m): 8:32pm On Jan 04, 2020
Hmmmm great read it made.to all those taking empty about the s ize of the wrote up, please stop disgracing the youths go up and grow up.why are mist if us Luke this, write up is even fairly coincise and mature .to our original I day big big congratulations. And mature thank God for u.I have also learnt greatly from this saga

1 Like

Re: Abdulkareem Haruna: Kidnapped & Released Journalist Narrates Shocking Experience by blackboy(m): 8:38pm On Jan 04, 2020
Touching story. Confirms the state of the country. Fulanis are perpetuating most of the kidnapping. There is collabo with security agencies but they dont trust the. These kidnappers hate soldiers(no wonder they opt for train). Dont need their money, just to kill them. Kidnapping is real.
Re: Abdulkareem Haruna: Kidnapped & Released Journalist Narrates Shocking Experience by joowealth(m): 9:59pm On Jan 04, 2020
Thank God for your dear life bro.
Protection of God will not depart from us all.

1 Like

Re: Abdulkareem Haruna: Kidnapped & Released Journalist Narrates Shocking Experience by letitrainnow(m): 10:12pm On Jan 04, 2020
Thank God u r safe n alive. God help u

1 Like

Re: Abdulkareem Haruna: Kidnapped & Released Journalist Narrates Shocking Experience by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jan 04, 2020
Worth reading. Those commenting without haven read the content have their frozen brains kidnapped.

2 Likes

Re: Abdulkareem Haruna: Kidnapped & Released Journalist Narrates Shocking Experience by cybriz82(m): 11:49pm On Jan 04, 2020
Frankyboy1:
I know our lazy youths has lost the culture of reading, I try to read every meaningful article possible, as a lot of live lessons can be learnt, so I will summarize.
Nigeria is no longer a safe nation, as hunger poverty, illiteracy has finished the nation.
Buhari being the president of the nation has emboldened the Fulani brothers who are the architect of most crimes,
Please and please this nation is unsafe and a lot of informants and ways of finding out your financial capacity,either real or virtual, so pls do well to delete your account details, keep pictures that depict you as being wealthy from your phones or Facebook pages,try to be as discrete as possible with your financial worth or relatives that re capable financially,

Try to be as prayerful as possible,and avoid all suspicious route except its unavoidable, our security personals have majorly compromised with this criminals and are in tanderm with them, so you are your own first safety officer,

God keep us all and happy new year

Atlis me dn learn something never to claim to b a big man when u are not.snapping with expensive cars when u cant evn afford a bicycle.
Re: Abdulkareem Haruna: Kidnapped & Released Journalist Narrates Shocking Experience by Taribizy(m): 11:58pm On Jan 04, 2020
Glad you are free and back with your family. It is not shocking that the kidnappers were speaking fulfude but that the road (area) had been bought was a bit surprising. The most surprising aspect of the post to me is that with the details and eloquence of the writer, some people's only comments are that his post was too long. Maybe it will be shorter when they get kidnapped themselves.

3 Likes

Re: Abdulkareem Haruna: Kidnapped & Released Journalist Narrates Shocking Experience by Geosystem(m): 1:01am On Jan 05, 2020
dederocs:
The police of each zones should use helicopters to drop armed officers to comb the bushes and jungles, from time to time, if our government can invest in laser guided helicopters...these abductors need clearings in the bush to chill and rest with their kidnapped victims. The federal government must invest in security infrastructure and more trained personnel to routinely comb the jungles and bushes for surveillance
#combthebushesandjungles#

What of secretly recruiting villagers and village heads to scan their villages regularly for strange faces never seen in their midst. Intelligence gathering have been missing in the strategic plans of our security guys

1 Like

Re: Abdulkareem Haruna: Kidnapped & Released Journalist Narrates Shocking Experience by dederocs(m): 5:31am On Jan 05, 2020
Geosystem:

What of secretly recruiting villagers and village heads to scan their villages regularly for strange faces never seen in their midst. Intelligence gathering have been missing in the strategic plans of our security guys
Good one, this too will go a long way, the village heads can work with armed hunters, these hunters know the bushes very well, and if kidnappers see that they are being watched and followed, they will be discouraged from these acts. We need thinkers and active police chiefs that are results oriented.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abdulkareem Haruna: Kidnapped & Released Journalist Narrates Shocking Experience by dederocs(m): 6:00am On Jan 05, 2020
With the way these kindnapers work with ease and such confidence on the highway, it shows they connive with some criminal police officers, Nigerian government should fix GPS and cameras on each police van/vehicle to track officers to ensure they are patrolling their bits and sections of the highway...are the police chief sleeping, this is a shame...and why are we not utilising the death sentence for kidnapping and armed robbery, this is a national emergency, a national calamity. Critical times call for critical actions, death penalty will reduce the numbers of kidnappers, as the most hardest are killed, the young ones being led in this dumb evil acts will chicken out. Even America still uses the death penalty.
Re: Abdulkareem Haruna: Kidnapped & Released Journalist Narrates Shocking Experience by bejick(m): 6:19am On Jan 05, 2020
henriettttta:
Journalist u didn't tell us how much u later paid as Ransome

All this kidnappers na them sabi sha. If they kidnap me, they won't even get up to30k from my family grin grin
Do not pray to fall into their hand, those guys no dey loose for business worst case they kill you. all this you 30k na go say make them sell your village land bring money.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Police Might Deploy A Lie Detector As Chidinma Ojukwu Denies Killing Super TV CE / Cultism: Wike Sends Names Of Lecturers To DSS For Profiling / Personal Experience With Young Herdsmen Along Kabba-lokoja Road On The 5/10/21

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.