Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,352 members, 7,808,229 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:07 AM

Should You Use A Nigerian Name For Fiverr ? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Should You Use A Nigerian Name For Fiverr ? (899 Views)

USA And UK Number For Fiverr Verification Is Fully Available, It Works 100% / Usa Number Available For Fiverr Verification / NEW VIDEO - How To Get Real USA Phone Numbers For Fiverr & Whatsapp Verification (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Should You Use A Nigerian Name For Fiverr ? by urahara(m): 10:23am On Jan 04, 2020
Cc grandstar
Re: Should You Use A Nigerian Name For Fiverr ? by Onlineincome01(m): 10:56am On Jan 04, 2020
No use professional
username
Writing_guru
Re: Should You Use A Nigerian Name For Fiverr ? by grandstar(m): 11:30am On Jan 04, 2020
urahara:
Cc grandstar

There are lots of Nigerians on Fiverr and they seem to be doing well. I have even used the services of some.

Whether to use a Nigerian name or not should depend on the following factors:

1. Is your Nigerian name attractive to a global audience?

Which is better, Ugo or Ugochukwu? You could even twist it and spell it as Ugor or Ugorr.

2. Do Nigerian names command respectability?

Indians are well known worldwide as online freelancers. They've made a name for themselves international for their prowess in IT.

Indians might be able to get away using their names because of the name (forgive the pun) they've made for themselves but can Nigerians do the same. I see a name like Pandit which I know is Indian and buy his gig. What if the name was Adeyemi, an unfamiliar name, would a foreigner feel comfortable buying?

3. What is the number 1 reason you chose to be a freelancer?

The no.1 reason why you chose to be a freelancer is to make money and to put food on the table for either yourself or your family. It could even be a stepping stone to a prosperous future.

Whatever name you choose should reflect it. What name can I give my business that will drive gigs, lots of gigs? If the name adegboyegawriter or okoromaduekevideos will give you lots of gigs, good. I never said those names are bad o! ;DIt may just work for you grin

I rarely see foreign names like Andrzejewski or Przybyszewski. These are real Polish names

Choose a number that will bring in the dosh. If you wanna be patriotic- join the army or become a politician. There's a time for every event under the sun (Ecclesiastes 3:1)

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Seplat: Why Effiong Okon, ED, Lost Out As Successor To Austin Avuru / Have You Been Scammed By This Number +86 187 5541 3052 / Signature Collection For Petition Submisson For Project24.com.ng Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.