Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,793 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:58 PM

Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video (62408 Views)

The Production Of The Volkswagen Beetle Ends Today / Old 1966 Volkswagen Beetle Transformed By Nigerian Man (Photos) / This Is Not The Regular Volkswagen Beetle; It Has Been Customized For Offroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by GamalNasser: 3:26pm On Jan 04, 2020
They will still bring it back as a full electric ..that's the most successful car of all time there

1 Like

Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by Upton: 3:27pm On Jan 04, 2020
Eeyah
Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by Tapout(m): 3:27pm On Jan 04, 2020
my dad's very first car ... cry cry twas a very rugged beast.

2 Likes

Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by Patrioticman007(m): 3:28pm On Jan 04, 2020
seunmohmoh:
Do people still use it?
Yes oooo, I own a 2008 model.
Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by GuestLog: 3:29pm On Jan 04, 2020
They should just do the Electric Vehicle version of the vehicle. Case solved.
Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jan 04, 2020
Since 1938...

But I still see that car a lot around my area whenever I'm around. It is a favourite amongst the so-called 'driving schools'.

One of my dad's friends still has his and it is still good condition. He treats it way better than the other car.

2 Likes

Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by Kobicove(m): 3:31pm On Jan 04, 2020
Good bye to the tortoise car sad
Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by seunmohmoh(f): 3:31pm On Jan 04, 2020
OgogoroFreak:
Did you still see anyone using it?
In my area. No
Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by wagazala: 3:32pm On Jan 04, 2020
Laaaooolu:
Almost every family used the car in the 1990s

It was a transition from beetle to peugeou (504 or 505) to Mercedez benz.... as God take dey bless you.
Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by Kwamecron(m): 3:32pm On Jan 04, 2020
My dad first vehicle
Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jan 04, 2020
seunmohmoh:
Do people still use it?

Don't ask here on Nairaland.

Just take a trip to certain parts of town- if you are in Lagos- and you are going to find quite a number of this particular car cruising around town.

Most driving schools in my hood deploy it in training their 'students'.

2 Likes

Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by ezenna191(m): 3:33pm On Jan 04, 2020
Wow so emotional

2 Likes

Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by Saint99: 3:35pm On Jan 04, 2020
aww! The Iconic Car for School Head Masters and Principals in those days.

3 Likes

Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by e316(m): 3:37pm On Jan 04, 2020
Wow
Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jan 04, 2020
OgogoroFreak:
Did you still see anyone using ito?

Someone still use it around me here in Ilesha
Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by nine9clien: 3:37pm On Jan 04, 2020
eeyah, good bye
Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by sisisioge: 3:39pm On Jan 04, 2020
Awwww...so much memories attached to it. So long buddy...you were extremely reliable.

1 Like

Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by infogenius(m): 3:39pm On Jan 04, 2020
Beautiful, compact and rugged car.
This was d first car I drove in 1991 infact I learnt driving with it.

1 Like

Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by optimus106(m): 3:41pm On Jan 04, 2020
BabaCommander:
Goodbye 'Tortis car'.

'Ijapa' ke

I'm hearing that name for the very 1st time.

Na 'tortis car' I sabi...

1 Like

Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by adeoba2008(m): 3:41pm On Jan 04, 2020
Legendary.

Bishop Oyedepo first car was a Beetle!

1 Like

Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by NaijadrivaCars: 3:42pm On Jan 04, 2020
tck2000:
Innoson over to you.Give us a cheap beetle car and we would gladly buy especially for first time drivers!

If Innoson makes a cheap car like beetle, amidst the prevailing economic conditions, will you buy or you will still prefer toks Camry?

2 Likes

Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by cybriz82(m): 3:42pm On Jan 04, 2020
seunmohmoh:
Do people still use it?

Yes expecially in lagos for business(driving sch)
Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by Axadus: 3:44pm On Jan 04, 2020
Laaaooolu:
Almost every family used the car in the 1990s

Nah!!
we rocked VOLVO
Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by laivwire(m): 3:45pm On Jan 04, 2020
If I can buy this car and keep I will. When my kids come of age, to find a beetle will be so rare you’ll pay thousands of dollars for one.

Sounds like a good investment

1 Like

Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by thundafire: 3:45pm On Jan 04, 2020
Humphrizy:
Nice one.... My dad rocked that car for years grin Boot dey front while engine dey back

Graciously whatsapp or call 0"8"0"9"215'1959 if you need Pure Original Unadulterated Honey....
dad bought his own 3k in 1979 and sold it for 20k cs to find a good engine became a problem

1 Like

Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by tck2000(m): 3:45pm On Jan 04, 2020
NaijadrivaCars:

If Innoson makes a cheap car like beetle, amidst the prevailing economic conditions, will you buy or you will still prefer toks Camry?
lol,why are you falling my hand now?...But seriously,it's the beauty of a car that determines if i should go for it!
Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by 8stargeneral: 3:45pm On Jan 04, 2020
seunmohmoh:
Do people still use it?
yes nah
Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by haryorbarmie83(m): 3:47pm On Jan 04, 2020
Starboytwo:
I wan buy car this year oh lord
I tap into your prophecy.
Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by jaxxy(m): 3:48pm On Jan 04, 2020
Ok bt not sure it’s a good idea. I have a feeling beetle will Be back.
Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by realstars: 3:49pm On Jan 04, 2020
My car of all time Volkswagen, the peoples car.
Re: Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video by tico1212(m): 3:51pm On Jan 04, 2020
I like the concept of the short vid.....
passes from generation to generations...
It was indeed a ride to own back then.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Would You Buy This Joystick & Butt-Shaped Car? (Photos) / Man Uses "Juju" To Secure His Car After It Broke Down In A Ghetto / Lagos Woman Drives Off With LASTMA Official Hanging On Her Car Bonnet (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.