Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,647 members, 7,801,886 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:50 AM

Nigerian Man Who Roast Corns In Dubai For A Living (see Pictures) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nigerian Man Who Roast Corns In Dubai For A Living (see Pictures) (10848 Views)

Davido Arrested In Dubai For Stabbing Michael 'Dream Chaser' - Instablog9ja / Nigerian Celebrities Troop to Dubai For The OneafricamusicFest 2019 (pics) / Nigerians Roast DJ Cuppy After Her Live Band Performance Skit!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Man Who Roast Corns In Dubai For A Living (see Pictures) by Danisaint112(m): 12:40pm On Jan 04, 2020
[img][/img]
A Nigerian man by name Obinna has opened up on how he makes a living by selling roasted corn in Dubai.
According to a post on Anambra State Online Facebook wall, Obinna, a citizen of the state, moved to Dubai and after his efforts to hook a job failed, he decided to start selling roasted corn for a living.
Mr. Obinna revealed how it all started.
“My name is Obinna. I am from Njikoka in Anambra State, when I arrived in Dubai and couldn’t find a job, so I decided to think about what to do to make a living.
One day, while I was in a local restaurant, a man came in and placed an order. When the waiter came with the order, it was Chicken With Mashed Potato and Grilled Corn but the corn was not roasted in the Nigerian way as we do it with coals.
“That was when the idea came and I decided to give it a try. I contacted a local farmer who supplied me with raw corns and I started roasting them close to my neighbourhood across the street.
“At first, people who passed by looked at me with curiosity as they had never seen anything of its kind up until one man approached me and I gave him one corn cob to taste.
On eating it, he liked it and the following day, he came with 4 of his friends who bought and even took some home.”
Now I’m making about 60 to 80 Dirham (22$USD)(N8,000) daily.”, he said.
What a hard-working man he is.
[img][/img]
Source: https://www.nasoweseeamonline.com/2020/01/03/meet-the-nigerian-man-who-roast-corns-in-dubai-for-a-living/?fbclid=IwAR3_rsI3KXRV2zb8354VP0svZuMueMUmRRnA8Dd8gShpNWoCD2JbhlJZslo

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Who Roast Corns In Dubai For A Living (see Pictures) by pascalbenz: 12:43pm On Jan 04, 2020
Lolz his not a lazy youth at all

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Who Roast Corns In Dubai For A Living (see Pictures) by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jan 04, 2020
If you know you know. The working spirit of ndi-igbo one naija spirit everywhere

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Who Roast Corns In Dubai For A Living (see Pictures) by Mraphel: 12:45pm On Jan 04, 2020
Igbo are way too industrious

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Who Roast Corns In Dubai For A Living (see Pictures) by Mraphel: 12:46pm On Jan 04, 2020
fredrick9:
If you know you know. The working spirit of ndi-igbo one naija spirit everywhere
Non igbos in Nigeria are not lazy too

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Who Roast Corns In Dubai For A Living (see Pictures) by psalmsmiles(m): 12:46pm On Jan 04, 2020
nawa o

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Who Roast Corns In Dubai For A Living (see Pictures) by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jan 04, 2020
Nice
Re: Nigerian Man Who Roast Corns In Dubai For A Living (see Pictures) by Yustash001(m): 12:52pm On Jan 04, 2020
Do Arabs eat roasted corn?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Who Roast Corns In Dubai For A Living (see Pictures) by Slynation(m): 12:55pm On Jan 04, 2020
All this my Igbo brothers shaah... grin We no dey carry last, las las

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Who Roast Corns In Dubai For A Living (see Pictures) by Slynation(m): 12:55pm On Jan 04, 2020
All this my Igbo brothers shaah... grin We no dey carry last, las las

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Who Roast Corns In Dubai For A Living (see Pictures) by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jan 04, 2020
Mraphel:

Please hmm I know you are a Prof. Please read in between line to understand.
Did you not see Naija spirit there

Naturally would have ignore
Re: Nigerian Man Who Roast Corns In Dubai For A Living (see Pictures) by Explicit02: 1:00pm On Jan 04, 2020
8000.. Daily This is why I advice young people to choose a better country and secure a good job before travelling out of the country...

He has done well for himself... At least he his not idle I know many Nigerian boys in Dubai that don't have a job and they are there doing nothing but playing bets each day to survive...

That's a great spirit... But with the money you earn and you are not in Nigeria expectations will be on you from family that sees there brother that is outside the country ......

You should have used you processing fee and flight money to buy a corolla and start up on bolt

Those guys save more on a dailies

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Who Roast Corns In Dubai For A Living (see Pictures) by Healthyway15: 1:03pm On Jan 04, 2020
There are unlimited opportunities in the world today than ever before, in history. But they can only be unlocked and utilized well when we promote creativity. Unfortunately, youths and elders of today have stopped reasoning and thinking positively, they now embrace ignorance, and turn to dirty and illegal ways to become successful as a normal way of life. And this will always have a negative effect on the next generation.

What a pity!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Who Roast Corns In Dubai For A Living (see Pictures) by uzoormah(m): 1:11pm On Jan 04, 2020
Igbo men are always representing

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Who Roast Corns In Dubai For A Living (see Pictures) by Ahmed0336(m): 1:15pm On Jan 04, 2020
Now that's the real hustler

Not some drug baron and internet fraudster shiitt

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Who Roast Corns In Dubai For A Living (see Pictures) by FactBoyz: 2:11pm On Jan 04, 2020
That does not look like Dubai.. The buildings, the man on sweater (Dubai is hot)

11 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Who Roast Corns In Dubai For A Living (see Pictures) by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jan 04, 2020
The architecture and road in the background looks like somewhere in Europe though.
Not dubai.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Who Roast Corns In Dubai For A Living (see Pictures) by tonysunkan: 2:36pm On Jan 04, 2020
Good. There is dignity in labor.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Who Roast Corns In Dubai For A Living (see Pictures) by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jan 04, 2020
Since corn roasting is a popular business for french-speaking West Africans in Paris France, im guessing dts where this picture was stolen from. undecided

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Who Roast Corns In Dubai For A Living (see Pictures) by TUANKU(m): 2:46pm On Jan 04, 2020
Kudos to him. From the background you can tell that's not dubai though, most likely somewhere in the UK or Europe in general.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Who Roast Corns In Dubai For A Living (see Pictures) by Kingrexyl(m): 3:17pm On Jan 04, 2020
That's not Dubai

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Who Roast Corns In Dubai For A Living (see Pictures) by Humphrizy(m): 3:36pm On Jan 04, 2020
Nice one
Re: Nigerian Man Who Roast Corns In Dubai For A Living (see Pictures) by airex(m): 3:49pm On Jan 04, 2020
Yustash001:
Do Arabs eat roasted corn?
No. Because na only Africans get teeth.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Who Roast Corns In Dubai For A Living (see Pictures) by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jan 04, 2020
Mraphel:

Did u see where he wrote about Non-igbos being lazy

Re: Nigerian Man Who Roast Corns In Dubai For A Living (see Pictures) by SarakiBukola: 4:36pm On Jan 04, 2020
grin

Though it's foolish to go roast corn all the way in Dubai instead of Aba

I commend him for not going into crime, drugs especially.

Agbado Amaka!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Who Roast Corns In Dubai For A Living (see Pictures) by osamz007: 4:37pm On Jan 04, 2020
Lala
Re: Nigerian Man Who Roast Corns In Dubai For A Living (see Pictures) by partnerbizn4(m): 5:04pm On Jan 04, 2020
nigga tink san na corn others roast
Re: Nigerian Man Who Roast Corns In Dubai For A Living (see Pictures) by Cmoni1(m): 5:05pm On Jan 04, 2020
Dis picture looks like he’s d one buying d corn na.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Who Roast Corns In Dubai For A Living (see Pictures) by churchmind: 5:33pm On Jan 04, 2020
FactBoyz:
That does not look like Dubai.. The buildings, the man on sweater (Dubai is hot)
you see your life,so you go dey inside bush tracks junction for that evil forest know say no be Dubai be dat even though you dey fly for night your own level of Winch no fit reach Dubai na inside that thick forest na you go hang and one day na for on top tree or NEPA pole

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Who Roast Corns In Dubai For A Living (see Pictures) by uniqueuser(m): 5:45pm On Jan 04, 2020
Beta dan being a drug trafficker . . . .
. But will i leave Nigeria to go and be roasting corn in Dubai...NO.
Re: Nigerian Man Who Roast Corns In Dubai For A Living (see Pictures) by FactBoyz: 5:47pm On Jan 04, 2020
churchmind:
you see your life,so you go dey inside bush tracks junction for that evil forest know say no be Dubai be dat even though you dey fly for night your own level of Winch no fit reach Dubai na inside that thick forest na you go hang and one day na for on top tree or NEPA pole
Visit my blog

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

SMH: Nollywood Actress Ini Edo Forgets To Wear Bra Mistaking Display Her Nipple / Tragic: Death Visits Nollywood Actor Bob-manuel Udokwu’s Home, R.I.P / Top 5 Most Handsome Nickelodeon Actor (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.