Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,996 members, 7,806,889 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:22 AM

My First Date In 2020: A Lady Paid Our Bill - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My First Date In 2020: A Lady Paid Our Bill (59705 Views)

UBUNJA's MISEDUCATION: (2020) A Man's Commitment Gives Women Orgasms. / Rich South African Man Shows Up For Date In A Truck, Lady Turns Him Down / Guy Rejects Girl Who Rejected Him After First Date: She Over Reacts (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My First Date In 2020: A Lady Paid Our Bill by jaxxy(m): 7:38am On Jan 05, 2020
milemimi93:
My First Date In 2020. What A Nigerian Lady Did.

What happened yesterday left me in shock.
I least expected it. Not from a Nigerian lady.

Yesterday I went to visit a lady in her state. Arriving her state, I told her I've dropped.
She texted me to go to an eatery and wait for her. I didn't want to spend much on her so I asked for an average eatery bought a drink and waited for her.
She came and told me she didn't like the place that it was crowded. She took me to one bigger eatery within there. Just as I entered the eatery I said to my self "I ain't spending more than 5k here". We sat and she called the waiter and asked me to make my order I told her to make first. She ordered for food and drinks for herself. I later ordered for mine. What I ordered outweigh hers in price because I said to myself "I can't spend less on me and more on a leech".

After eating we sat down to gist. Along the line I felt pressed and I went to the gent. Came back gist and it was time to go. I went to the waiter asked her how much the bill is. She said 11,600. I pulled out my purse to get my card I heard the waiter said "She has paid". I asked "She? who?" She said "the lady you followed paid". I was shocked and felt ashamed.

Since I was born, this is the first time a Nigerian girl has ever spent on me.

U went all the way to another state to visit a lady and yet call her a leech? What was ur aim exactly visiting her? U must have time on ur hands to be visiting every random person. If she came visiting u instead I wud have understood.

And that was quite and interesting surprise u got I hope this makes u understand sm gals are still different even tho most are leeches or opportunist like u said.

So what next with the gal now she’s done the unimaginable? Lol grin
Re: My First Date In 2020: A Lady Paid Our Bill by Nobody: 7:39am On Jan 05, 2020
unbitchable:

you prefer to collect from those you accused of committing crimes. how sensible do you think you sound?.
Ain't you done collecting money, when are you getting a ring?
Lol, I've got a working brain and hands. I don't collect money from no body biko. Pls spare me d ring bullshit for now.

2 Likes

Re: My First Date In 2020: A Lady Paid Our Bill by Timekeeper: 7:41am On Jan 05, 2020
davillian:
Everything in your life is empty Even your brain is what !?

Empty.

Chai aswearughard
U be

Werey guy..
Re: My First Date In 2020: A Lady Paid Our Bill by Nobody: 7:41am On Jan 05, 2020
pocohantas:

There is always an excuse. They mustn't do rituals, they can as well work. The problem is not just the asking, the problem is the entitlement mindset. Till a good number of Naija girls fix that- they would never be able to befriend a class of men. I know goodlooking responsible and working men, who would NEVER go about giving one "gf" stipends. Not because they do not have it, but the concept doesn't make sense to them.

If at all these set of girls have made up their minds to be parasites, be a useful one. Don't cherrypick.
Personally I feel these ladies get their mentality from their parental upbringing. They see dad cater for everything so they feel that's how it should be. Things are changing, ladies are becoming more independent.

4 Likes

Re: My First Date In 2020: A Lady Paid Our Bill by toprealman: 7:43am On Jan 05, 2020
milemimi93:
Lagos
Someone in IB had similar experience.
Re: My First Date In 2020: A Lady Paid Our Bill by toprealman: 7:46am On Jan 05, 2020
milemimi93:
I am not angry or complainingI am just shocked and feeling guilty.. I had to take her to a shopping mall to buy her stuffs. Getting to the mall I told her to pick any thing she wants that I will pay.

she picked just 3 things. When we got to the counter the cashier said the bill is 870.
I was shocked again that she didn't get more things for herself. With joy, I gave the cashier 1000 and told him to keep the change.
By
You seem to be trying hard to impress the girl with money. Up your game or get ready to see an unemployed "hustler" take her from you.
Re: My First Date In 2020: A Lady Paid Our Bill by masterflowx(m): 7:48am On Jan 05, 2020
Onyi22:
Hmm mm

Hmmmm!

Is that the final answer?

I know you and I trust you, you can never in your life do that to any man.

Everything about you is money money money money...

I would'nt be surprised if I see a news headline that says "Onyi22 has been used by Yahoo boys."

Re: My First Date In 2020: A Lady Paid Our Bill by airminem(f): 7:50am On Jan 05, 2020
Offpoint:
How do people go to eatery and order for food without asking the price?

I no be gentleman, I no dey form... once I enter I go ask for price of everything including toothpick.

If my pocket no carry, I waka.
If e carry but I reason am e too cost, I waka.

e better ma waka comot dan ma form eat it then embarrass myself and ancestors.
grin nice local man no fit shout oh.
sad HAPPY BIRTHDAY LOCALIAN
Re: My First Date In 2020: A Lady Paid Our Bill by Blueelf: 7:53am On Jan 05, 2020
annford:

Yes she is but she wasn't depending on her family as at that time. When I met her, she had graduated from the University, and had a great job. Really it is not about the wealthy background, but about the heart to give. She is so selfless and sacrificial to a fault. I was doing great myself when I met her, but wasn't as generous as she was. She ended up changing me for good.

She was able to finish on time and get a good job because of her privileged socioeconomic background
Re: My First Date In 2020: A Lady Paid Our Bill by masterflowx(m): 7:54am On Jan 05, 2020
happinezz110:
Hope that change the poor mentality of some guy's cos i do tell people that not all ladies are after ur money nd is one of the reason y I don't go on a date with a guy if I'm not buoyant.

Nice of you there...
Re: My First Date In 2020: A Lady Paid Our Bill by youngestgrad(m): 7:58am On Jan 05, 2020
FAKE, MADE-UP, FORMULATED STORY

1 Like

Re: My First Date In 2020: A Lady Paid Our Bill by Offpoint: 8:15am On Jan 05, 2020
airminem:
grin nice local man no fit shout oh. sad HAPPY BIRTHDAY LOCALIAN
Thanks, come take out on a date abeg
Re: My First Date In 2020: A Lady Paid Our Bill by Hisduchess(f): 8:15am On Jan 05, 2020
LINTUNE:
how many of them are available in this country,madam .maybe only 2 out of 10, why can't u gals accept the truth,can u afford to spend over 10k in ur first date with a guy,be frank..she is a rare gem,the type we mean need right now,everything is not about pretty face and big ass..stop talking like this is very common among u ladies,as a matter of fact,it is extremely rare OK. tongue

I just have little advice for you, as a man struggle to have a financial authority over ur woman, in this context I mean being able to take care of some bills if you ever want to maintain the master Vs whatever y'all take women as. If your woman comfortably foot her bills and yours too,oga you can never have any authority over her.aside God, money controls every other shii in this world.
stop shouting yen yen yen and happy that a woman paid your bills at a restaurant and probably see that as something very good.
I used to tell ladies that if you want less bullshit in a relationship,stop carrying your financial burden to your man cos immediately you do he'll start doing as it pleases him,loyalty will be thrown through the window.see how the op is praising this girl just because she paid for their food chai! i have this ritual of ordering just a bottle of drink and sometimes with a meatpie on my first dates.i expect that the poorest of men can afford that on a first date with a lady,so I definitely won't go paying. A man seeks a woman and not the other way round,and a first date is just like you wanna seek a woman.THIS IS AFRICA NOT AMERICA
N:B I AM NOT A LEECH AND I DON'T ALLOW PEOPLE TO LEECH ON ME TOO

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My First Date In 2020: A Lady Paid Our Bill by kaziblake(f): 8:16am On Jan 05, 2020
pickatyou:
Nigerian girls are something else but bro you are lucky. Here is my experience with a girl I met and took outing within 24 hours, me I can't shout I rebuked her ASAP
It is"I am and not "Am"...Correct your tenses next time when chatting.
Re: My First Date In 2020: A Lady Paid Our Bill by kaziblake(f): 8:18am On Jan 05, 2020
milemimi93:
Man I havnt recovered from the shock i had yesterday..
You need to edit that word"Leech"Please.

1 Like

Re: My First Date In 2020: A Lady Paid Our Bill by sophtcopy: 8:19am On Jan 05, 2020
Gforce2019:

Is like you are new in the game. Giving you money does not necessarily mean she loves you....even your enemy can give you money as a trap so has she can hook you. Bro..beware of some good deeds. Some are genuine while some are not
You are old in the game and you still don't understand the philosophy of money and women ...smh

1 Like

Re: My First Date In 2020: A Lady Paid Our Bill by WHITELIGHTER: 8:20am On Jan 05, 2020
Most matured ladies are like that, they have sense in abundance. Couple of weeks back, I went to see a movie with a lady, I paid....what surprised me was after the movie she asked us to go chill at a bar where we ate alot, and she paid all the bills there. Always run away from Instagram ladies and those hungry students and u will be amazed. That same lady was at my shop yesterday, she got herself something and asked me to take as well, but trust me I refused.
Re: My First Date In 2020: A Lady Paid Our Bill by RuggedArab: 8:30am On Jan 05, 2020
HRHQueenPhil:
sir u are funny.. Pls go for the brunch so u can advise me of the price and food review, my birthday is in 3 wiks I plan to take my girlfriends and family dere

The price is N7,500 per person. It’s a buffet, 12noon to 4pm. Eat anything(rice,swallow, cake, juice, fish, meat, chicken, etc)you want!

NB: you will pay for bottle water (N700)

Happy birthday in advance.
Re: My First Date In 2020: A Lady Paid Our Bill by Nnemuka(f): 8:35am On Jan 05, 2020
Hisduchess:

I have this ritual of ordering just a bottle of drink and sometimes with a meatpie on my first dates.i expect that the poorest of men can afford that on a first date with a lady,so I definitely won't go paying. A man seeks a woman
N:B I AM NOT A LEECH AND I DON'T ALLOW PEOPLE TO LEECH ON ME TOO

You have a point here, A man who seeks a woman will certainly try to impress her except he wants just a hookup and a one day affair.
If he truly desires her, he should atleast have money to pay for the FIRST DATE.

Scroll up and read what some of them are saying
"she is an evening newspaper that's why she paid"
" becareful she has set a trap for you"
" she's pretending, She will still beg u for 100k"

I mean can you ever win with these set of men?
Food will never mean anything to a serious guy who wants you, but to the one without kobo every woman is a leech after their poverty.
Re: My First Date In 2020: A Lady Paid Our Bill by annford: 8:43am On Jan 05, 2020
omokoginimi:

Welcome to another episode of ‘Stories that never happened’.

Eku fifi

Don't make a public show of your ignorance at the slightest opportunity you get. Do you think everyone's life would go in the direction of yours? Just because someone has what you don't have doesn't mean they're fraud or liars. You've had experiences I've never had and I've had experiences you've never had. You should learn to think higher than your level of exposure. Not everyone has lies to tell. If I told the truth or lie, would you smack me? Why would I lie, for accolades? Please!
Re: My First Date In 2020: A Lady Paid Our Bill by Hisduchess(f): 8:44am On Jan 05, 2020
Nnemuka:

You have a point here, A man who seeks a woman will certainly try to impress her except he wants just a hookup and a one day affair.
If he truly desires her, he should atleast have money to pay for the FIRST DATE.

Scroll up and read what some of them are saying
"she is an evening newspaper that's why she paid"
" becareful she has set a trap for you"
" she's pretending, She will still beg u for 100k"

I mean can you ever win with these set of men?
Food will never mean anything to a serious guy who wants you, but to the one without kobo every woman is a leech after their poverty.

Most of those guys shouting yen yen yen up there are teenage boys and retarrd ubu.nja disciples. The real men ain't here misyarning.they know the real shii

1 Like

Re: My First Date In 2020: A Lady Paid Our Bill by Nobody: 8:46am On Jan 05, 2020
kaziblake:
It is"I am and not "Am"...Correct your tenses next time when chatting.

Mrs sabinus, thank u.

1 Like

Re: My First Date In 2020: A Lady Paid Our Bill by annford: 8:47am On Jan 05, 2020
Blueelf:

She was able to finish on time and get a good job because of her privileged socioeconomic background

You are absolutely correct. Another thing is her drive to succeed. Many people forms rich homes tend not to take life seriously because they think they'd always have more than enough, but she always says life can turn for anyone at any time. A rich man could at the speed of light, turn poor and vice versa.
Re: My First Date In 2020: A Lady Paid Our Bill by Nnemuka(f): 8:51am On Jan 05, 2020
Hisduchess:

Most of those guys shouting yen yen yen up there are teenage boys and retarrd ubu.nja disciples. The real men ain't here misyarning.they know the real shii
I wonder what he's feeding them with grin grin
so many of them are so dumb
imagine a guy thinks he caught a "decent girl" because she paid for their meal cheesy
Food oo that he will excrete in couple of hours

1 Like

Re: My First Date In 2020: A Lady Paid Our Bill by thymm50(m): 8:57am On Jan 05, 2020
In a situation where a lady reluctantly goes out on a first date with a guy that has been asking her out I don't really expect her to be so forward to pay or share the bills, except she feels you might need some assistance if the bill is very high. Subsequent dates she can decide to pay for everything especially if she is interested in you.

1 Like

Re: My First Date In 2020: A Lady Paid Our Bill by Dandison28(m): 9:08am On Jan 05, 2020
milemimi93:

Yesterday I went to visit a lady in her state. Arriving her state, I told her I've dropped.
She texted me to go to an eatery and wait for her. I didn't want to spend much on her so I asked for an average eatery bought a drink and waited for her.
She came and told me she didn't like the place that it was crowded. She took me to one bigger eatery within there. Just as I entered the eatery I said to my self "I ain't spending more than 5k here". We sat and she called the waiter and asked me to make my order I told her to make first. She ordered for food and drinks for herself. I later ordered for mine. What I ordered outweigh hers in price because I said to myself "I can't spend less on me and more on a leech".

After eating we sat down to gist. Along the line I felt pressed and I went to the gent. Came back gist and it was time to go. I went to the waiter asked her how much the bill is. She said 11,600. I pulled out my purse to get my card I heard the waiter said "She has paid". I asked "She? who?" She said "the lady you followed paid". I was shocked and felt ashamed.

how can someone be starting the new year with lies.. She foot the bill... Story
Re: My First Date In 2020: A Lady Paid Our Bill by willexyaho(m): 9:12am On Jan 05, 2020
Bro, send me her contact let me appreciate her too.
Hope it won't be a bad idea meeting her too.
Thanks.

milemimi93:

Re: My First Date In 2020: A Lady Paid Our Bill by oklahrelo(m): 9:14am On Jan 05, 2020
dominique:
It's easy to spot a woman that wants to settle down. They know how to turn men to putty in their hands. Marry some of them and watch their true character come out. I hope for Op's sake she will be the same sweet and generous lady after they tie the knot.

I take this. .
You're not ready to settle.. ..

Thats why you take time...
To be a powerful emoji...
On a date...

1 Like

Re: My First Date In 2020: A Lady Paid Our Bill by frubben(m): 9:30am On Jan 05, 2020
MJBOLT:
are you sure she's a nigerian because nigerian ladies will never pay for their own food if they are on a date.
him go still pay times 2. Make dem start to dey date first

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My First Date In 2020: A Lady Paid Our Bill by kaziblake(f): 9:45am On Jan 05, 2020
pickatyou:

Mrs sabinus, thank u.
Good.
Re: My First Date In 2020: A Lady Paid Our Bill by Olly2909(f): 9:45am On Jan 05, 2020
milemimi93:
There's something I learned yesterday. If you want to date a Nigerian lady, go for the ones that are less active on social media and are not the hipsters.
Also, don't go for any lady below 26years..
Really?
Do you really have to put before 26?
I feel that's a little wrong.
Re: My First Date In 2020: A Lady Paid Our Bill by kaziblake(f): 9:46am On Jan 05, 2020
Dandison28:
how can someone be starting the new year with lies.. She foot the bill... Story
Maybe you have been meeting Slay mamas.. Sorry

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

When You Mistakenly Fall Asleep While Chatting With A Girl (Photos) / Lady Was Disappointed By A Cute Guy She Met At A Bank Who Had Mouth Odour / What Is The Biggest Lesson You Learnt From A Past Relationship?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.