Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,832 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:42 PM

Dr. Bolaji O. Akinyemi Unveils 'The Spirit Of Lagos' To CAN And PFN Nigeria - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Dr. Bolaji O. Akinyemi Unveils 'The Spirit Of Lagos' To CAN And PFN Nigeria (762 Views)

COZA Vs Busola Dakolo: Why I Shunned PFN Panel - Pastor Fatoyinbo / COZA Vs Busola Dakolo: Biodun Fatoyinbo Shunned Our Investigative Panel - PFN / COZA: Pastor Fatoyinbo Is Not Our Member- PFN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dr. Bolaji O. Akinyemi Unveils 'The Spirit Of Lagos' To CAN And PFN Nigeria by PTVNEWS: 4:52pm On Jan 04, 2020
By Perekeme Odon

The gospel is a holistic message with implications for all areas of life, including how Christians engage the political process. Politics is a means of effecting great change and must be engaged by Christians who love their neighbours. This involves the young and the old, rich and poor, male and female.

Government plays a role in the work of God’s kingdom on earth. The good government encourages an environment conducive for people living peaceably, whereas bad government fosters unrest and instability. It is, therefore, encouraging to hear that the Church is now very ready to encourage and inspire Christians to get involved in politics and public life as opposed to the earthly allegiances which may separate us; and more serious on the achievement of sustainable development goals in Nigeria by implementing projects aimed at overcoming poverty, access to education and community development.

The Voice Of His Word Ministries, organizer of the annual APOSTOLIC ROUND TABLE- ART 2020; in conjunction with the Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria (PFN), Christian Association Of Nigeria (CAN), The Gracious Church, Pastored by Pastor Kayode Adeshoga, The Trinity House, Pastored by, Pastor Ituah Ighodalor and in collaboration with PVCNaija will be hosting a two-day expository conference on ACT 20:20, with the theme, “THE SPIRIT OF LAGOS: A NEW GENERATION” on January 13 and 14 2020.

The two-day event whose Chief Host is the Executive Governor of Lagos State, His Excellency, Mr Babajide Olusola Sanwo-Olu will take place at the Living Rock Gospel Church, No 1, Tinuade Adepegba Street, Off Agbe Road, Abule-Egba, Lagos, would witness Christians and church leaders under the preached word that are designed for practical instruction and collaboration for a time of refreshed and refilled fellowship that will be sure to spur us on to love and do good deeds.

The morning and evening session event is aimed specifically for Christians to educate, encourage, equip, to lead with excellence, empower the next generation and use their creativity to bring life-change to our world by building upon the foundation of the Holy Scriptures for the work of ministry and for the glory of God.

On December 31, 2019, an emergency strategic plenary pre-conference breakout session was called by the PFN Chairman, Lagos State to afford the convener of ART 2020, and facilitator of The Spirit of LAGOS, Dr Bolaji O. Akinyemi, the opportunity to unveil the project at Agape Generation International Church, Mende, Maryland, Lagos State, that saw notable leaders of the Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria and Christians Association of Nigeria from all 19 Provinces free-associating and conversing on specific subjects of the broad theme of the main conference.

The convener, Apostle Dr Akinyemi welcomed everyone to the strategically selected gathering after prayers and in his opening remark thanked the presence of the CAN Chairman Lagos state, Rev. Dr Alex Bamgbola for the dynamics and creativity he brought to leadership; and the PFN Chairman Lagos state, Bishop Olushola Ore who have shown so much love and encouragement to them.

“Thank you so much, my fathers, for been here. I know that it’s not all palatable when you have to hear about some of the things that are said of me". The Apostolic Round Table this year is titled the Spirit of LAGOS, LAGOS, in this context means; Leaders After God’s Own Spirit’. There can’t be good governance except we have leaders after God’s own spirit. There are lots of people whose spirits are disconnected from God.” He stated.

He said the priority of the conference is to strategize on how to raise these qualities of leaders, identify them, equip them and set them forth. “I have no issue with people God has privileged ahead to be in one political position or the other, but I realize that every time we say a Christian is needed, the Church is hardly consulted. It is still among the politicians using their yardstick to pick one. We need to go back to the local structure because every building must be built from the bottom to the top and not the reverse.”

The Chairman, PFN Lagos State, Bishop Olushola Ore who moderated the event thanked the Chairman, CAN Lagos State for having his presence around with so short a notice and prayed for him to live long. “ First of all, I want to thank God for our lives and for the honours you have given to God. A man came to me with vision, boldness and the concern that he has about the body of Christ when it comes to governance. There are certain things that I don’t know that some of you know that you will share with us. This nation can never be delivered unless Lagos takes the centre stage.” He affirmed.

The Chairman, CAN Lagos State, Rev. Dr Alex Bamgbola additionally thanked the Lord for making it conceivable for him to be there. “I thank you for giving me the opportunity to say a word. God is raising a man to wake us up, and the way things are happening, we ministers of God are already under siege. If we don’t move, lift our eyes and look unto God in oneness and in unity, our children will suffer, that is why we must take responsibility to make true change happen for the Nigerian masses.”

There was also the question and answer session that is designed to enabled participants to ask topical questions to help them carry out responsible, and rewarding lives affecting Christians by building relationships across political parties lines, as we seek to put God's kingdom before tribal and bitter politics.

Present at the event are Chairman, PFN Lagos State, Bishop Olushola Ore, Chairman, CAN Lagos State, Rev. Dr Alex Bamgbola, Deputy Chairman, CAN Lagos State Apt. Eyinnaya Okwuonu, Rev. Mrs Joy Osawaru-Akinyemi, Rev. Collins Imozemhe, Evang Bolarinwa Akinniyi, Treasurer PFN Lagos State, Rev. Fola Olusanya, Commander Peter Olabode, Rev. Dr Peace Goodey, Pst Ojo and Pst. Mrs Taiwo Olukunimi, Bishop Femi Soneye, Pst. Samuel Afilaka, the Chairman of the hosting Province of the event, Rev Olatunde Soyemi and his Vice, Pst. Okpanachi Simon. Present also are Bishop Dr Praise Oliver, Apst James Iyanda, Apt. Akin Akindejoye, Bishop Theophilus Ajose, Pst. Obinna Egbuonu, Apt. George Anselem, Pst. Daniel Ayuba, Bishop Mark E. Omonze, Dr Adeyandu Jacob Olusegun, Apt. Dr Iyke Ejiaku, Dr Mrs Maxwell, Chairman Ojo PFN, Apt. Dr Patrick Utulu and Apt. Tonye Oliver,

Others include Abayomi Agbede-Daniels, Mandy Nwachukwu, Shiloh Akinyemi, Bishop Oladiti, Evang. Adebola Olateju, Pst. Abolanle Fashuwape, Pst. John Bello, Apt. Ifeanyi Amaechi, Bishop Ogadeji Felix, Pst. Jonathan Odianah, Evang. Adewole Dorcas Nihinlola, Prophetess Dr Ijeoma Okeke, Rev. Dotun Joshua Olaoye, Pst. Segun Adeyemi JP, Rev. Hon. Kehinde Ayobamidele Robert and the media.

(1) (Reply)

Father Mbaka Trending 2020 Prophecies And Other Related Prophecies / This Is Serious: Guru Maharaji Vs Olumba Olumba / “youths Will Invade Your Church If Trump Wins”— Reactions After TB Joshua Predic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.