Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,458 members, 7,808,635 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:33 PM

How Igbo Created South-south (onlytruth, Dede1, Etc., Sorry To Spoil Your Day) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Igbo Created South-south (onlytruth, Dede1, Etc., Sorry To Spoil Your Day) (10044 Views)

How Igbo's Live 5years After Running To Yoruba Land / How Igbo Created South-south - Vanguard / Northerners Fought, Died And Created South-south States By Force –junaid Muhamme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Igbo Created South-south (onlytruth, Dede1, Etc., Sorry To Spoil Your Day) by Onlytruth(m): 7:54pm On Dec 05, 2010
SapeleGuy:

There is no hatred in this matter, just facts, so stop drawing rain and answer the question. Did Ohaneze or the South East Caucus support the creation of Anioma state ?

You dodged the issues I raised earlier and still came back to ask your question. I was really thinking you were honest and want to address the real issue of geopolitical zones involved. You also avoided answering the question raised by [b]abadaba [/b]who is an Igbo from south south. Why didn't you answer his question or address his points? What are you really trying to do?
Re: How Igbo Created South-south (onlytruth, Dede1, Etc., Sorry To Spoil Your Day) by Obiagu1(m): 8:35pm On Dec 05, 2010
SapeleGuy:

Bros, I didn't expect such comments from you. Anioma did not materialise because it wasn't backed by those who should have backed it (we in Bendel have always backed the creation of Anioma State - they are part of the Mid West Tri Partite). Your comments are very regrettable and sum up perfectly the politics of exclusion and rejection that is being practiced against the people of Anioma. 

In Delta we have a long history of cooperation with our brethen in Anioma and we will continue to  support them in actualising their goals. 

I know that when you were writing the above you were laughing. It sums up totally who you are - deceitful and insincere.

Stop talking in such manner because you aren’t talking to kids; it’s irritating to say the least.
Re: How Igbo Created South-south (onlytruth, Dede1, Etc., Sorry To Spoil Your Day) by Onlytruth(m): 9:01pm On Dec 05, 2010
^^

I'm beginning to think that SapeleGuy thrives on division schemes. That has been his special tool. First, he tries to present Igbo as trying to dominate their Eastern minority by ALWAYS citing COR movement and the Eyo Ita issue. And he also conveniently forgets that even Eyo Ita rejoined the NCNC in 1956 after the COR thing.

But I have a question for him:

Eyo Ita was once the Leader of Eastern Nigeria between 1951 - 1953; was there EVER a time a western minority was the Premier of Western Nigeria? 

When he answers this question, the bottom will fall off his constant subtle accusation of Ndigbo.

His part of Nigeria (Midwest) was NEVER part of Eastern region. They were in Western Region. I have not seen them look into the history of Western region at all. Shouldn't one be more concerned with ones own history?

The fact that current South south comprises minorities from Eastern and Western regions makes it more likely that views from non-easterners (who really faced REAL discrimination and marginalization) will likely corrupt those of Eastern minorities who never even saw any or much of those.

Edwin Clarke is an example.
Re: How Igbo Created South-south (onlytruth, Dede1, Etc., Sorry To Spoil Your Day) by Obiagu1(m): 9:10pm On Dec 05, 2010
Onlytruth:

Eyo Ita was once the Leader of Eastern Nigeria between 1951 - 1953; was there EVER a time a western minority was the Premier of Western Nigeria?

I'm waiting for the answer too. cool
Re: How Igbo Created South-south (onlytruth, Dede1, Etc., Sorry To Spoil Your Day) by nduchucks: 9:58pm On Dec 05, 2010
Wadoooo or kedu to my brothers/sisters, whatever the case might be. It saddens me however to conclude, after reading many posts on this thread, that the people from the so-called South South, are not necessary in love with the Igbos among them. Nna, even the people who speak Umuekpili will soon come out and disown their Igboness.

It is fair to say that there will be a series of good mornings (to paraphrase Ojukwu) in the days, weeks, months and years ahead.

Those of you suffering from identity crisis remind me of the following idiom: Enwe si na o bu onye iro ya na-kpo ya monkey, na ezigbo aha ya bu Mike (The monkey said that it is his enemies that used to call him Monkey, that his actual name is Mike) cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: How Igbo Created South-south (onlytruth, Dede1, Etc., Sorry To Spoil Your Day) by Onlytruth(m): 10:19pm On Dec 05, 2010
ndu_chucks:

Wadoooo or kedu to my brothers/sisters, whatever the case might be. It saddens me however to conclude, after reading many posts on this thread, that the people from the so-called South South, are not necessary in love with the Igbos among them. Nna, even the people who speak Umuekpili will soon come out and disown their Igboness.

It is fair to say that there will be a series of good mornings (to paraphrase Ojukwu) in the days, weeks, months and years ahead.

Those of you suffering from identity crisis remind me of the following idiom: Enwe si na o bu onye iro ya na-kpo ya monkey, na ezigbo aha ya bu Mike (The monkey said that it is his enemies that used to call him Monkey, that his actual name is Mike) cheesy cheesy cheesy

May be true, but I'm still voting for Bro Jona though. lmao! hehehe! grin grin grin
ndu_chucks fails again. cool
Re: How Igbo Created South-south (onlytruth, Dede1, Etc., Sorry To Spoil Your Day) by SapeleGuy: 11:14pm On Dec 05, 2010
ndu_chucks:

Wadoooo or kedu to my brothers/sisters, whatever the case might be. It saddens me however to conclude, after reading many posts on this thread, that the people from the so-called South South, are not necessary in love with the Igbos among them. Nna, even the  people who speak Umuekpili will soon come out and disown their Igboness.

Those of you suffering from identity crisis remind me of the following idiom: Enwe si na o bu onye iro ya na-kpo ya monkey, na ezigbo aha ya bu Mike (The monkey said that it is his enemies that used to call him Monkey, that his actual name is Mike)  cheesy  cheesy  cheesy

Ol boy your post reminds me of fake jazz men selling 'touch & follow' charms in the market - there are no takers here.
Re: How Igbo Created South-south (onlytruth, Dede1, Etc., Sorry To Spoil Your Day) by nduchucks: 11:22pm On Dec 05, 2010
@Saeleguy & Onlytruth, your comments show that you read my post. Lets hope you think deeply about its meaning. I love ya'all too. Sai One Nijeria !!
Re: How Igbo Created South-south (onlytruth, Dede1, Etc., Sorry To Spoil Your Day) by Onlytruth(m): 11:33pm On Dec 05, 2010
ndu_chucks:

@Saeleguy & Onlytruth, your comments show that you read my post. Lets hope you think deeply about its meaning. I love ya'all too. Sai One Nijeria where only me rule!!

Ya, I see your point.
Re: How Igbo Created South-south (onlytruth, Dede1, Etc., Sorry To Spoil Your Day) by SapeleGuy: 12:01am On Dec 06, 2010
Onlytruth:

When he answers this question, the bottom will fall off his constant subtle accusation of Ndigbo.

I will make this quick, Ita was of course leader but  didn't really control the power base there was to be no breakaway region. Mid West never led the Western house but were always working towards actualising their very own region.
From a strategic perspective it all depends on whether or not  being an 'eligible bride' without real power is your cup of tea.

Onlytruth:

His part of Nigeria (Midwest) was NEVER part of Eastern region. They were in Western Region. I have not seen them look into the history of Western region at all. Shouldn't one be more concerned with ones own history?

The thread is about the south south so whats the problem? and we only came in this direction after Obiagu 1's incendiary posts after Beaf's well meaning responses fell on deaf ears. I noticed you were conspicuous by your absence in terms of admonishing obiagu because his message suited your purpose.

Onlytruth:

The fact that current South south comprises minorities from Eastern and Western regions makes it more likely that views from non-easterners (who really faced REAL discrimination and marginalization) will likely corrupt those of Eastern minorities who never even saw any or much of those.

Edwin Clarke is an example.

So these eastern minorities are such simpletons and so gullible and can't think for themselves, just imagine they will now be corrupted by those wicked mid westerners - Geezer, you're better than this, this is one of the most condescending things I have read on this thread

abadaba:

@Sapele water or whatever, Anioma is not the only part of Igboland demanding for a state. We in the Ahoada division of Rivers state and Oguta areas of Imo state also want a state-Orashi state. That did not happen and we are not blaming the south easterners for that failure. Hence, look before you leap.

Abracadabra, Whilst you didn't get your state, the difference is that your request was backed by either Ohaneze or the South East Senate Caucus Group. Anioma wasn't.
Re: How Igbo Created South-south (onlytruth, Dede1, Etc., Sorry To Spoil Your Day) by aljharem(m): 12:42am On Dec 06, 2010
SapeleGuy:

I will make this quick, Ita was of course leader but  didn't really control the power base there was to be no breakaway region. Mid West never led the Western house but were always working towards actualising their very own region.
From a strategic perspective it all depends on whether or not  being an 'eligible bride' without real power is your cup of tea.

The thread is about the south south so whats the problem? and we only came in this direction after Obiagu 1's incendiary posts after Beaf's well meaning responses fell on deaf ears. I noticed you were conspicuous by your absence in terms of admonishing obiagu because his message suited your purpose.

So these eastern minorities are such simpletons and so gullible and can't think for themselves, just imagine they will now be corrupted by those wicked mid westerners - Geezer, you're better than this, this is one of the most condescending things I have read on this thread

Abracadabra, Whilst you didn't get your state, the difference is that your request was backed by either Ohaneze or the South East Senate Caucus Group. Anioma wasn't.

sapeleguy,, i like your points and u sound very intelligent

i just want u to know that sapele (i think is your city) is in delta state and was regarded as part of mid-west with the edo state and delta state,,,,,so i do not think u should classify urself with either SE or SW but as a mid westerner

thanks for your time
Re: How Igbo Created South-south (onlytruth, Dede1, Etc., Sorry To Spoil Your Day) by Onlytruth(m): 12:43am On Dec 06, 2010
SapeleGuy:

From a strategic perspective it all depends on whether or not  being an 'eligible bride' without real power [/b]is your cup of tea.

[b]So these eastern minorities are such simpletons and so gullible and can't think for themselves, just imagine they will now be corrupted by those wicked mid westerners
- Geezer, you're better than this, this is one of the most condescending things I have read on this thread

So being the leader of Eastern Nigeria (which by the way included Western Cameroons then) was no big deal, or he was just a figure head?  

That is YOUR OWN interpretation and has NOTHING to do with facts.  He WAS the LEADER of EASTERN NIGERIA - a huge region with a majority tribe in it. The majority tribe chose him to lead them, just like we are choosing Jonathan today to lead Nigeria.

Did any of the minority in Western region lead it, even for one day? Answer NO.

Look, my point is that it doesn't take much to see where all the noise about "south south" is coming from these days.

We have people from Cross river, Rivers and Akwa Ibom on this nairaland forum. You SELDOM see them write incendiary things against the Igbo. Those are Easterners. They know that Ndigbo may not have been angels, but we certainly bettered other regions in terms of how we treated our minorities.

My point is that Midwestern minorities had a tougher life with Western Nigeria before they obtained the Midwest, hence their unwarranted militancy against majority rule. Edwin Clarke can never reason like Eyo Ita.  cool
Re: How Igbo Created South-south (onlytruth, Dede1, Etc., Sorry To Spoil Your Day) by aljharem(m): 12:50am On Dec 06, 2010
Onlytruth:

So being the leader of Eastern Nigeria (which by the way included Western Cameroons then) was no big deal, or he was just a figure head?  

That is YOUR OWN interpretation and has NOTHING to do with facts.  He WAS the LEADER of EASTERN NIGERIA - a huge region with a majority tribe in it. The majority chose him to lead them, just like we are choosing Jonathan today to lead Nigeria.

Did any of the minority in Western region lead it, even for one day? Answer NO.

Look, my point is that it doesn't take much to see where all the noise about "south south" is coming from these days.

We have people from Cross river, Rivers and Akwa Ibom on this nairaland forum. You SELDOM see them write incendiary things against the Igbo. Those are Easterners. They know that Ndigbo may not have being angels, but we certainly bettered other regions in terms of how we treated our minorities.

My point is that Midwestern minorities had a tougher life with Western Nigeria before they obtained the Midwest, hence their unwarranted militancy against majority rule. Edwin Clarke can never reason like Eyo Ita.  cool

A wolf and a dog may be of the same specie, but one has been treated better by nature. One dines with man, the other hunts in the wild. There is nothing condescending about that.

wrong onlytruth,,,,,

mid west just like south-south people to the igbos have been treated well by the yorubas

being a leader of a majority does not mean anything,,,so long has they provide your people with the basic amenities

the itsekiri just like jason12345 have realised that and i also think sapeleguy too have seen that

making a minority rule over majority does not mean anything

when abacha (kanuri so called northern minority) was ruling nigeria  did he make borno state better or did we like him more the answer is no
Re: How Igbo Created South-south (onlytruth, Dede1, Etc., Sorry To Spoil Your Day) by Onlytruth(m): 12:52am On Dec 06, 2010
jason12345 = alj harem grin grin grin
Re: How Igbo Created South-south (onlytruth, Dede1, Etc., Sorry To Spoil Your Day) by aljharem(m): 12:55am On Dec 06, 2010
Onlytruth:

jason12345 = alj harem grin grin grin

i would like to think that alh harem = strange and feab or beef = sagmite fact!!!!
Re: How Igbo Created South-south (onlytruth, Dede1, Etc., Sorry To Spoil Your Day) by Onlytruth(m): 12:58am On Dec 06, 2010
alj harem:

[b]i would like to think that alh harem = strange [/b]and feab or beef = sagmite fact!!!!

jason12345 = alj harem = strange = Some frustrated Yoruba dude trying desperately to change history. grin grin grin
Re: How Igbo Created South-south (onlytruth, Dede1, Etc., Sorry To Spoil Your Day) by aljharem(m): 1:01am On Dec 06, 2010
Onlytruth:

jason12345 = alj harem = strange = Some frustrated Yoruba dude trying desperately to change history. grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin

onlytruth i am a mixture igbo, yoruba and kanuri if are desperate to know my history grin grin
Re: How Igbo Created South-south (onlytruth, Dede1, Etc., Sorry To Spoil Your Day) by aljharem(m): 1:02am On Dec 06, 2010
alh harem= cheniyeN and ndu chuks
Re: How Igbo Created South-south (onlytruth, Dede1, Etc., Sorry To Spoil Your Day) by Onlytruth(m): 1:03am On Dec 06, 2010
alj harem:

grin grin grin grin grin grin

onlytruth i am a mixture igbo, yoruba and kanuri if are desperate to know my history grin grin

I don't think there is any Igbo gene in you. Trust me on that.
Re: How Igbo Created South-south (onlytruth, Dede1, Etc., Sorry To Spoil Your Day) by aljharem(m): 1:05am On Dec 06, 2010
Onlytruth:

I don't think there is any Igbo gene in you. Trust me on that.

how do u know

so u think there is ofe-manu gene in me grin grin grin
Re: How Igbo Created South-south (onlytruth, Dede1, Etc., Sorry To Spoil Your Day) by Onlytruth(m): 1:07am On Dec 06, 2010
alj harem:

how do u know

so u think there is ofe-manu gene in me grin grin grin

You are 100% Yoruba cool
Re: How Igbo Created South-south (onlytruth, Dede1, Etc., Sorry To Spoil Your Day) by aljharem(m): 1:08am On Dec 06, 2010
i am sure if i go back in time i must have had an igbo mother or father

or wat do u think onlytruth

that is y i alway call u my brother wink
Re: How Igbo Created South-south (onlytruth, Dede1, Etc., Sorry To Spoil Your Day) by aljharem(m): 1:10am On Dec 06, 2010
Onlytruth:

You are 100% Yoruba cool

i like that so i am inyamaria + Yoruba + almajiri= alh harem

onlytruth i think u are going crazy gradually

u should use yaiyai grin grin grin grin
Re: How Igbo Created South-south (onlytruth, Dede1, Etc., Sorry To Spoil Your Day) by Onlytruth(m): 1:12am On Dec 06, 2010
alj harem:

i am sure if i go back in time i must have had an igbo mother or father

or wat do u think onlytruth

that is y i alway call u my brother wink

I doubly assure you, your last chance of being half Igbo failed when your would be great great great great great father was sold into slavery in 1732.  cool
We didn't have much patience for accommodating oafs in Igboland those days.
Re: How Igbo Created South-south (onlytruth, Dede1, Etc., Sorry To Spoil Your Day) by aljharem(m): 1:15am On Dec 06, 2010
Onlytruth:

I doubly assure you, your last chance of being half Igbo failed when your would be great great great great great father was sold into slavery in 1532.  cool
W[b]e didn't have much patience accommodating oafs in Igboland those days.[/b]

come on brother cheesy u what to disown me now,, after all the work i have done to unite our igbo brothers together

now u what me to de-9 my igboness

c'mon that is not fear on me sad wink
Re: How Igbo Created South-south (onlytruth, Dede1, Etc., Sorry To Spoil Your Day) by aljharem(m): 1:21am On Dec 06, 2010
Onlytruth:

I doubly assure you, your last chance of being half Igbo failed when your would be great great great great great father was sold into slavery in 1732.  cool
We didn't have much patience for accommodating oafs in Igboland those days.

onlytruth, we are brother because we worship the same God whether by Islam or Christianity

onlytruth,,,,, i would come to anambra one day to see u
Re: How Igbo Created South-south (onlytruth, Dede1, Etc., Sorry To Spoil Your Day) by Onlytruth(m): 1:24am On Dec 06, 2010
alj harem:

onlytruth, we are brother because we worship the same God whether by Islam or Christianity

onlytruth,,,,, i would come to anambra one day to see u

oh, you are welcome! grin

We are Nigerians abi? Just don't embarrass me.
Re: How Igbo Created South-south (onlytruth, Dede1, Etc., Sorry To Spoil Your Day) by aljharem(m): 1:28am On Dec 06, 2010
Onlytruth:

oh, you are welcome! grin

We are Nigerians abi? Just don't embarrass me.

haba igbo man kai grin grin grin grin

why would i embarrass u grin grin

is it because i am a northerner grin grin

well i would come one day and see u brother

maybe i can even trace my igbo mother or father back grin grin grin

i know u would help me with that grin cheesy
Re: How Igbo Created South-south (onlytruth, Dede1, Etc., Sorry To Spoil Your Day) by Onlytruth(m): 1:38am On Dec 06, 2010
alj harem:

haba igbo man kai grin grin grin grin

why would i embarrass u grin grin

is it because i am a northerner grin grin

well i would come one day and see u brother

maybe i can even trace my igbo mother or father back grin grin grin

i know u would help me with that grin cheesy

No problem. Bring Suya with you, and I will give you the best nkwobi and isi-ewu. Anambra flows with milk and honey. cool
Re: How Igbo Created South-south (onlytruth, Dede1, Etc., Sorry To Spoil Your Day) by aljharem(m): 1:41am On Dec 06, 2010
Onlytruth:

No problem. Bring Suya with you, and I will give you the best nkwobi and isi-ewu. Anambra flows with milk and honey. cool

thank u brother, i even know how to make suya well

i would bring some on my way cheesy
Re: How Igbo Created South-south (onlytruth, Dede1, Etc., Sorry To Spoil Your Day) by abadaba(m): 1:58am On Dec 06, 2010
SapeleGuy:

I will make this quick, Ita was of course leader but didn't really control the power base there was to be no breakaway region. Mid West never led the Western house but were always working towards actualising their very own region.
From a strategic perspective it all depends on whether or not being an 'eligible bride' without real power is your cup of tea.

One of the posters has analysed all the previous agitations of Anioma state by Ohanaeze. My point is that Anioma is not only the part of Igboland that demands for a state.
Re: How Igbo Created South-south (onlytruth, Dede1, Etc., Sorry To Spoil Your Day) by jason12345: 2:15am On Dec 06, 2010
Onlytruth:

bruv, stop this comparison!!! do i sound as stupid (no offence) as harem or as tribalist as stranger? pls stop it!!! i do not have yoruba origins. stop this your conclusion. my parents are itsekiri , i schooled in lagos, i mix up well with the yorubas and that is final!!!

but if i say something that are pro-igbo then i can be itsekiri? man, the way you guys think!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fasehun And I Proposed For S’west Pipeline Security Contract – Gani Adams / President Buhari Has Failed Nigeria, But PDP Needs Restructuring / 5000 PDP Members Defect To APC In Kogi (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.