Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,103 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:11 PM

Watch Out Transsion (Tecno): Samsung and Nokia are Coming for Your Lowend Market - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Watch Out Transsion (Tecno): Samsung and Nokia are Coming for Your Lowend Market (3414 Views)

Blackberry Phones Are Coming Back In 2021, With 5G And Physical Keyboard / Transsion's Tecno And Infinix Are Africa's Favorite / Huawei’s Troubles Are A Big Opportunity For Ericsson And Nokia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Watch Out Transsion (Tecno): Samsung and Nokia are Coming for Your Lowend Market by Ejadike(m): 7:02pm On Jan 13, 2020
Chuksteric:
Because they spend less money on promotion of the products and less ambassadors and marketers. Tecno and infinix pays almost all tip Nigerian YouTubers . Pays marketers and spends millions of dollars signing ambassadors .. The already have the name cut costs and improve on the phone quality... They should spend more money on Software development and other things
not valid enough. Everything has budget, the more the promotions the more the sales and profit making. Those phones wanna penetrate the market and get you guy's attention with reduced price, hence they sell at a ridiculous price. Same thing Opay did, same thing TECNO did when they were still emerging.
Re: Watch Out Transsion (Tecno): Samsung and Nokia are Coming for Your Lowend Market by theoneJabulani(m): 7:04pm On Jan 13, 2020
Chuksteric:
Lol... My sister almost made a mistake of buying the phantom 9... I stopped her and got the Mi A3 128gb plus free case and high quality earphones at 65k ... That's absolute value for money.. Tecno doesn't give value for money as much as they used to back in the day.. You completely rely on marketing and promotion!!! It's just a matter of time!!! Phones are getting better and cheaper by the day and people are getting wiser
Mi A3 is too much, even umidigi F1 beats phantom 9
Re: Watch Out Transsion (Tecno): Samsung and Nokia are Coming for Your Lowend Market by Ejadike(m): 7:04pm On Jan 13, 2020
theoneJabulani:
so you believe they won't make profit? When they start making losses as soon as cheaper and better devices come into the market, you' ll see. Why are umidigi and Xiaomi giving us cheaper and better devices?
because they are trying to get your attention with reduced price.
Re: Watch Out Transsion (Tecno): Samsung and Nokia are Coming for Your Lowend Market by theoneJabulani(m): 7:11pm On Jan 13, 2020
Ejadike:
because they are trying to get your attention with reduced price.
oh really, do you think Xiaomi just started making phones? Check the prices of their phones on AliExpress and compare with Nigerian prices, it's almost the same. If there prices were low just to penetrate Nigerian market, there would be significant difference
Re: Watch Out Transsion (Tecno): Samsung and Nokia are Coming for Your Lowend Market by Chuksteric(m): 7:29pm On Jan 13, 2020
Ejadike:
not valid enough. Everything has budget, the more the promotions the more the sales and profit making. Those phones wanna penetrate the market and get you guy's attention with reduced price, hence they sell at a ridiculous price. Same thing Opay did, same thing TECNO did when they were still emerging.
Exactly and the phones shouldn't suffer as a result.. Tecno phones are suffering no matter how you want to sugar coat it .. Hopefully they figure it out
Re: Watch Out Transsion (Tecno): Samsung and Nokia are Coming for Your Lowend Market by Jaymaxxy(m): 7:38pm On Jan 13, 2020
Ejadike:
what fact do you have to back up your claim? You said they've been beaten in the mid-range market, how? Where's your proof? Do a lil research around your environment, list the names of TECNO and Samsung mid-range devices, ask people which of the devices have they heard of before. I can bet that People will tell you they've heard more of the TECNO devices than Samsung's. I'm not saying no Competitor can take TECNO's name off the minds of an average Nigerian o looking at buying a smartphone, but they'll have to do enough work and it will even be obvious that they are trying to take away there spot sef then TECNO would have spotted it and go 10 steps ahead grin lol. The only way TECNO can loose that spot is if they are lacklustre and complacent with there position.

Bro, I have my facts and figures. I have access to the figures of more than 5 strong phone stores in the southwest. I get these figures on weekly basis. All Transsion devices above #60000 are struggling. Zero 6 and Phantom 9 flopped because of the presence of Huawei Y9 prime, Nokia 6.1 plus, Nokia 6.2, Nokia 7.2 (slightly) and Samsung A30 and A50. Canon 12 Pro (6GB version) is doing relatively better but not to its best when you consider its specifications and the hype around the device. Most Transsion devices have life span of 6 months in the trade, why have they not announced a new Zero series? They also understand this fact. You may choose not to believe, but that's the fact.
Re: Watch Out Transsion (Tecno): Samsung and Nokia are Coming for Your Lowend Market by Ejadike(m): 7:46pm On Jan 13, 2020
Jaymaxxy:

Bro, I have my facts and figures. I have access to the figures of more than 5 strong phone stores in the southwest. I get these figures on weekly basis. All Transsion devices above #60000 are struggling. Zero 6 and Phantom 9 flopped because of the presence of Huawei Y9 prime, Nokia 6.1 plus, Nokia 6.2, Nokia 7.2 (slightly) and Samsung A30 and A50. Canon 12 Pro (6GB version) is doing relatively better but not to its best when you consider its specifications and the hype around the device. Most Transsion devices have life span of 6 months in the trade, why have they not announced a new Zero series? They also understand this fact. You may choose not to believe, but that's the fact.
I agree that the Phantom 9 might not be selling as much as it would have but brands makes mistakes with there penetrative strategy sometimes, it's very common but the koko is an average Nigerian would opt for a TECNO product over any other cos the brand has built there name to that here in Nigeria.
Re: Watch Out Transsion (Tecno): Samsung and Nokia are Coming for Your Lowend Market by ddjay: 8:52pm On Jan 13, 2020
Ejadike:
No offence bro but try and be logical here bro, don't sound emotional. How many people knows Umidigi or whatever? Does the old woman in the village know Umigidi? Even the rich old man sef, does he know Umidigi? Does that make both of them a below average human? You'll surprised that both of them know TECNO. For the Old woman and old man know TECNO in a place where there's little or no Internet means TECNO has built there brand up to Top-of-mind status. Don't argue Marketing with me bro, I went to school for this bro.
Old people won't even look at brand sef,anything you give them they take,even if its laegoo or homtom, there are some Chinese android phones i saw that don't even have names too. I dont have time for argument, its a take it or leave it. But mark u, there are so many people (even majority)that just buy phones that are android, have camera and can play mp3, may be these are the people you are talking of, they dont care about brand and quality and your marketing skills, they just want something cheap that can snap pikture, play music and looks fine and seems like these are the section of nigerians you are dealing with,to me you are a missionary and may God almighty bless you for that. Lastly for those that care to know that for every infinix and tecno model, there is a similar price range with xiaomi, huawei, nokia and Samsung A series, go to infinix thread and see complains, even check infinix xclub. If you dont agree no problem, in the future transsion phones will be draging with pure water leda on the ground everywhere, you will even match one and fall if care is not taken, LET ME HEAR YOUR AMEN OGA grin grin
Re: Watch Out Transsion (Tecno): Samsung and Nokia are Coming for Your Lowend Market by ddjay: 8:54pm On Jan 13, 2020
Ejadike:
I agree that the Phantom 9 might not be selling as much as it would have but brands makes mistakes with there penetrative strategy sometimes, it's very common but the koko is an average Nigerian would opt for a TECNO product over any other cos the brand has built there name to that here in Nigeria.
Sure but the below average Nigerian you mean, the ones that are look for a fine phone that shines under sunlight, can snap pikture and play mp3 with memory card thats all.
Re: Watch Out Transsion (Tecno): Samsung and Nokia are Coming for Your Lowend Market by drjprince: 9:07pm On Jan 13, 2020
ddjay:

Old people won't even look at brand sef,anything you give them they take,even if its laegoo or homtom, there are some Chinese android phones i saw that don't even have names too. I dont have time for argument, its a take it or leave it. But mark u, there are so many people (even majority)that just buy phones that are android, have camera and can play mp3, may be these are the people you are talking of, they dont care about brand and quality and your marketing skills, they just want something cheap that can snap pikture, play music and looks fine and seems like these are the section of nigerians you are dealing with,to me you are a missionary and may God almighty bless you for that. Lastly for those that care to know that for every infinix and tecno model, there is a similar price range with xiaomi, huawei, nokia and Samsung A series, go to infinix thread and see complains, even check infinix xclub. If you dont agree no problem, in the future transsion phones will be draging with pure water leda on the ground everywhere, you will even match one and fall if care is not taken, LET ME HEAR YOUR AMEN OGA grin grin
why haven't infinix introduced a new zero series bro

They can't make is at the mid-range they have been chased to the low end market sonner than later they will loose it too

They are gradually losing it so no long talk
Re: Watch Out Transsion (Tecno): Samsung and Nokia are Coming for Your Lowend Market by ddjay: 9:29pm On Jan 13, 2020
drjprince:
why haven't infinix introduced a new zero series bro

They can't make is at the mid-range they have been chased to the low end market sinner than later they will loose it too

They are gradually losing it so no long talk
Yes o
Re: Watch Out Transsion (Tecno): Samsung and Nokia are Coming for Your Lowend Market by drjprince: 9:45pm On Jan 13, 2020
ddjay:

Yes o
if nokia couldn't stay there forever because a one mistake is it a company with substandard phones can stay in a market forever definitely not even the old people need good phones

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Watch Out Transsion (Tecno): Samsung and Nokia are Coming for Your Lowend Market by Andywhty(m): 10:06am On Jan 14, 2020
and he is saying change is constant
Ejadike:
we are not talking about which is one performs better, that has never been the bone of contention. I'm saying people know TECNO more than any other brand competing with them in Nigeria. Peace ✌️
Re: Watch Out Transsion (Tecno): Samsung and Nokia are Coming for Your Lowend Market by Chomolina: 1:42pm On Jan 14, 2020
Ejadike:
tecno just know how to run the masses weda their phones are up to standard or not
Re: Watch Out Transsion (Tecno): Samsung and Nokia are Coming for Your Lowend Market by Chomolina: 1:45pm On Jan 14, 2020
Ejadike:
we are not talking about which is one performs better, that has never been the bone of contention. I'm saying people know TECNO more than any other brand competing with them in Nigeria. Peace ✌️
very correct cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tecno N7 Imei Tweaking / 11 Awesome Things You Probably Didn’t Know You Could Do On Whatsapp / How To Activate Super Fast 4G LTE Internet Connection On All Network.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.