Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,776 members, 7,798,585 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:41 AM

Why Your Favourite Nigerian Songs Are Getting Shorter - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Why Your Favourite Nigerian Songs Are Getting Shorter (24335 Views)

What Is Your Favourite Nigerian Song So Far In 2022? / What's Your Favourite Nigerian Song Of 2021? / Songs That Made Your Favourite Nigerian Artistes Blow!!!(video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Your Favourite Nigerian Songs Are Getting Shorter by BigotMan(m): 10:19pm On Jan 04, 2020
dominique:

I'm talking about recent music not old school
Femi Kuti is still releasing albums
Re: Why Your Favourite Nigerian Songs Are Getting Shorter by TheManOfTheYear: 10:23pm On Jan 04, 2020
When no be Hillsong cheesy grin grin
Re: Why Your Favourite Nigerian Songs Are Getting Shorter by TeeMacKuz: 11:22pm On Jan 04, 2020
thank God you mentioned Kizz Daniel ..................Zinoleesky's Joromi has just one verse & is 2.01 mins exactly
omo the thing dey pain me
Re: Why Your Favourite Nigerian Songs Are Getting Shorter by sprints1: 11:41pm On Jan 04, 2020
Creeza:
I agreed with you to a certain level here until I read your last sentence, a second time. By saying 2 Baba you meant 2face? Abi another baba maybe Baba Ijebu .

If not , kindly modify your statement because I've never heard any Nigerian artiste that started with the likes of Faze and ID Cabasa or even danfo drivers just to mention a few that still makes great hit and relevant in the industry until now. To call him 2baba shows you agree he is a legend. Don't become a fake Amaka now, please.

I agree he is a legend but I mean he has dropped a bit since 2015 I guess

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Your Favourite Nigerian Songs Are Getting Shorter by Creeza(m): 11:44pm On Jan 04, 2020
sprints1:
I agree he is a legend but I mean he has dropped a bit since 2015 I guess
Good things take time and they may “Drop” but never go “ OUT” of trend. cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Your Favourite Nigerian Songs Are Getting Shorter by tck2000(m): 12:28am On Jan 05, 2020
It's annoying!
Re: Why Your Favourite Nigerian Songs Are Getting Shorter by chukzyfcbb: 2:08am On Jan 05, 2020
dominique:
It's not only Nigerian music, it's everywhere. It's hard to find a track that lasts longer than 3and half minutes these days
Be specific on the genre.

Lots of Rap songs still go over 3.5minutes, I mean rAp oh not some trashy Uzi vert or Xxtencaion trap nonsense

You can't be bursting 16"s and be going under 3minutes when you need to impress with word play.

it's these slow pokes singing nursery rhymes and feeding off the vibes from Producers Beat that go under 3.

They don't have anything to say, so they mumble words and hope the beat stir people to dance
Re: Why Your Favourite Nigerian Songs Are Getting Shorter by dangoteinlaw: 6:38am On Jan 05, 2020
All what op wrote is trash!! Your song ain't worth ppls time so they move unto the next, that's the freedom social media has brought. Back in the days we had no option because the CD was just filled with the whole trash that you just have to leave inside the video player. All those of you promoters here mentioning joeboy nah thunder go fire Una all. U can't shove a lazy Artist down the fans throat. Useless naija artist, instead of to be in studio working they will be parabulating on Instagram. My most hard working artist of last year was zlatan and I don't even like him. But I could feel his hardwork whenever I hear his songs. That guy should be a mentor to these new lazy acts.
Re: Why Your Favourite Nigerian Songs Are Getting Shorter by dangoteinlaw: 6:39am On Jan 05, 2020
Harkstetunz:
This post is true but as long as the song makes sense, the song duration is not to be worried about.

Joeboy is good--- Don't call me back, baby, all for you and beginning have all been on replay on my phone
stop this nonsense promotion, joeboy is a lazy act!!!
Re: Why Your Favourite Nigerian Songs Are Getting Shorter by dangoteinlaw: 6:43am On Jan 05, 2020
sprints1:
This is why we can't win Grammy our Songs die off quickly imagine me I still listen to fela and still sounds like real music to my ear even his on femi' bang bang made sense..Grammy are not stupid, burna boy is the only I feel might try to produce something close..Asa was also a great musician..the rest are just Dere..this Joe boy and fire boy DML u are shouting are getting recognition because this indomie generation value noise and chorus than music.. Let me just stick to Everyday Life by Coldplay and some jamz by oluwa Burna..not Joe boy that will be singing like adekunle Gold
no mind those fools shouting joeboy oo, they are his promoters trying to kill two birds with a stone here. Joeboy is nothing but a lazy act, he might be good for these small children still living with their parents but for real streamers, he's trash ans by next year his songs with obliterate into the ether.

2 Likes

Re: Why Your Favourite Nigerian Songs Are Getting Shorter by EzeMosesEmeka(m): 9:02am On Jan 05, 2020
Very informating, Very helpful.... As a singer and songwriter this is part of things I need to know to grow and survive in the music industry.... Kuddos... Boss... Thank you very much.... We need more of informative articles like this.... More grease to your elbow....
Re: Why Your Favourite Nigerian Songs Are Getting Shorter by Ayobami7(m): 3:48pm On Jan 05, 2020
Noted
Re: Why Your Favourite Nigerian Songs Are Getting Shorter by Legendguru: 6:18pm On Jan 05, 2020
Hmmmm

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Free Beat Download (suitable 4 Rap/afro Hip Hop/ R & B ) / Sauce Kid Finally Bows To Modenine! / Laycon - HipHop feat. Deshinor (Official Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.