Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,887 members, 7,802,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:38 PM

She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back (31913 Views)

Twitter Asks Some Sacked Workers To Please Come Back / Police Officer Who Bagged PhD As A Corporal, Begs For Promotion (Pics, VIDEO) / I Can’t Do It Again – Trainee Soldier Begs To Go Home During Military Training (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by Abujaexpress: 6:21pm On Jan 04, 2020
My fellow employers in the house, I crave your indulgences to be guided on this issue, thus:
I employed a lady as my secretary. She had worked for about 3 months before she failed to resume work on a particular day and all my phone calls to her were not answered by her. After a few days, a friend that brought and guaranteed her employment with my firm called me that the girl said I shouted at her and flinged a document towards her, as a result of which she left.

The following day, I called the girl, this time around she picked, albeit reluctantly and I told her that since she has refused to show up at work, she should return the office key which was with her. A few days later, I did not know when she sneaked into the complex and gave the key to my neighbour, which he delivered to me.

I subsequently called the girl and asked her if she does not want to work again, she simply said that she is attending to her health in her village. I did not hear from her since then untill the 2nd of the following month, December when she called me to request for transfer of her salary to her. I initially asked her to come to office to resign and handover officially for me to work out her salary, but I later allowed human feelings to take hold me and I calculated/substracted the numbers of days she did not work for that month and transferred the balance to her.

Immediately she called to thank me and she again called on new day to wish me a happy new year.

Then suddenly on the 3/01/2020, she sent me a message that she would pls want to talk with me. I agreed to listen to her. She called me to say if I have not employed another secretary, that she would want to resume and that if I will allow her to work with me again. I simply told her that I would look into it and get back to her. Am yet to give her field back.

The issue now is, considering the nature of her leaving work AWOL, and now calling to beg to come back, should I accept her back or I should her engage a different person (already I have some applications for the job on my table).

N. B. Kindly note that her brief stay in my office have exposed the girl as a dishonest fellow and her penchant for excuses from office citing sickness and flimsy excuses is very her.

I need advice please.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by donbachi(m): 6:25pm On Jan 04, 2020
Make she go with her wahala.

175 Likes 3 Shares

Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by SLAP44: 6:25pm On Jan 04, 2020
My guy my guy grin

Tell us the real story because if it's what you wrote above, you won't need our opinion to sack her. But it seems you want something else personal from her and she is not playing ball easily. How can you want to retain a dishonest secretary when you have other applications to replace her?

You're not dealing with primary 4 kids here grin grin grin

733 Likes 28 Shares

Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jan 04, 2020
What was your relationship with her like? Was it sexual or strictly professional? My intuition tells me you mixed business with please.

148 Likes 3 Shares

Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by czarina(f): 6:30pm On Jan 04, 2020
You flung a document at her? Why is no one talking about that part? I pity your next secretary.

Work on your temper, she's your secretary not your "maid".

Typical Nigerian "boss" and his nonsense temper.

237 Likes 7 Shares

Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by conscienceman4(m): 6:30pm On Jan 04, 2020
Tell her to come to the office and make sure she resign properly. Then, walk her out of your office. I hope you have changed your key.
Official matters should be handled officially. Lay a good business foundation that even your relations cannot toy with.

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by Abujaexpress: 6:33pm On Jan 04, 2020
SLAP44:
My guy my guy grin

Tell us the real story because if it's what you wrote above, you won't need our opinion to sack her. But it seems you want something else personal from her and she is not playing ball easily. How can you want to retain a dishonest secretary when you have other applications to replace her?

Am a disciplined employer of labor, oga.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by Abujaexpress: 6:34pm On Jan 04, 2020
conscienceman4:
Tell her to come to the office and make sure she resign properly. Then, walk her out of your office. I hope you have changed your key.
Official matters should be handled officially. Lay a good business foundation that even your relations cannot toy with.
Thank you for this professional and tactful advice

16 Likes

Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by obiekunie2: 6:36pm On Jan 04, 2020
Abujaexpress:
Thank you for this professional and tactful advice

guy man just tell us the whole story - no body be taata here!

you try squeeze the girl boobs and whn the poor girl no fit take am any more she abandon your office go AWOL!

as poverty don hit the poor girl hard she realize say she has no other better option than to come back to you and take your sexual attack - at least she can take the small change you pay her as salary plus the small kobo she go dey get from the change of messages you send her take keep body and soul together - AT ALL AT ALL NA HIM BAD PASS!

but sha! person wey dey swallow udara seed make him try hold him anus!

wetin i dey try tell you be say - last last you and her together una go crash your business!

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by Abujaexpress: 6:39pm On Jan 04, 2020
czarina:
You flung a document at her? Why is no one talking about that part? I pity your next secretary. Go and work on your temper, she's your secretary not your "maid".
Ask of what led to it! I had a tender to submit that morning and before I got to office, I gave her a task to make some photocopies. I came back to meet she only made one and I told her to go make the other. She went to the business center (my copier had a problem) and came back without making the copies. She was telling me that the document on the already bound tender document was same thing as the other one. She kept arguing and at this time, time was almost up for the submission. I now opened the document, shew it to her and in that process I discovered that other vital documents removed from the bound copy. I flared and flinged the document. The document did not touch her, madam. Same thing you could have done even to your husband

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by Abujaexpress: 6:41pm On Jan 04, 2020
justnock:
What was your relationship with her like? Was it sexual or strictly professional? My intuition tells me you mixed business with please.
Strictly professional. I took her like my younger sister

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by Abujaexpress: 6:43pm On Jan 04, 2020
donbachi:
Make she go with her wahala.
Thank. My take

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by czarina(f): 6:50pm On Jan 04, 2020
Abujaexpress:
Ask of what led to it! I had a tender to submit that morning and before I got to office, I gave her a task to make some photocopies. I came back to meet she only made one and I told her to go make the other. She went to the business center (my copier had a problem) and came back without making the copies. She was telling me that the document on the already bound tender document was same thing as the other one. She kept arguing and at this time, time was almost up for the submission. I now opened the document, shew it to her and in that process I discovered that other vital documents removed from the bound copy. I flared and flinged the document. The document did not touch her, madam.
Did you or did you not fling the document at her? It didn't have to "touch" her.

The disrespect behind the act was what made her quit. There are better ways to pass your message, not throwing temper tantrums at your staff.

Again, work on your temper! Then, consider setting boundaries. But work on your temper first. Not everyone has the patience for nonsense.

My advice;

You can let her come back on the condition that you work on your temper, let her know your expectations, then set boundaries.

You can choose not to re-employ her but work on your temper.

I've worked with bad-tempered bosses in the past, staff no dey last. And it's bad for business.

94 Likes 5 Shares

Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by obiekunie2: 6:51pm On Jan 04, 2020
Abujaexpress:
Strictly professional. I took her like my younger sister

akuko!

ndi younger sister!

once a man use this phrase - i dey always smile!

if you know - you know! cheesy

82 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by czarina(f): 6:56pm On Jan 04, 2020
obiekunie2:

akuko!

ndi younger sister!

Nah, there are people who say that and actually leave it at that.

Op, may be one. But then not everyone knows not to overstep their boundaries (staff), so before you know, see finish go enter.

Better just keep the relationship as formal as possible. But be approachable as possible while at it.

8 Likes

Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by nickxtra(m): 7:16pm On Jan 04, 2020
obiekunie2:

guy man just tell us the whole story - no body be taata here!

you try squeeze the girl boobs and whn the poor girl no fit take am any more she abandon your office go AWOL!

as poverty don hit the poor girl hard she realize say she has no other better option than to come back to you and take your sexual attack - at least she can take the small change you pay her as salary plus the small kobo she go dey get from the change of messages you send her take keep body and soul together - AT ALL AT ALL NA HIM BAD PASS!

but sha! person wey dey swallow udara seed make him try hold him anus!

wetin i dey try tell you be say - last last you and her together una go crash your business!

Illusions begineth madness. Pls examine yourself

3 Likes

Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by Abujaexpress: 7:22pm On Jan 04, 2020
czarina:
Did you or did you not fling the document at her? It didn't have to "touch" her.

The disrespect behind the act was what made her quit. There are better ways to pass your message, not throwing temper tantrums on your staff.

Again, work on your temper! Then, consider setting boundaries. But work on your temper first. Not everyone has the patience for nonsense.

My advice;

You can let her come back on the condition that you work on your temper, let her know your expectations, then set boundaries.

I've worked with bad-tempered bosses in the past, staff no dey last. And it's bad for business.
Work on your temper, blabla. Who holy pass? Your comments on this thread portray you as a very tempered personality. I smell it

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by Abujaexpress: 7:26pm On Jan 04, 2020
czarina:
Nah, there are people who say that and actually leave it at that.

Op, may be one. But then not everyone knows not to overstep their boundaries (staff), so before you know, see finish go enter.

Better just keep the relationship as formal as possible. But be approachable as possible while at it.
I am a nice and approachable employer. Infact, I don't boss any of my staff. We relate very well. The last secretary worked for over 2 years before she left for further studies

7 Likes

Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by czarina(f): 7:31pm On Jan 04, 2020
Abujaexpress:
Work on your temper, blabla. Who holy pass? Your comments on this thread portray you as a very tempered personality. I smell it
Lol....don't go and smell your nasty temper. I'm not the one whose staff will be quitting every month. cool

"Very tempered personality" indeed, I don't have anything to prove to anyone but reading through your thread reminded me of someone I worked with some years ago, not kidding, everyone quit the job but me.

Not because I didn't feel like whipping this "boss" with a "pankere" sometimes but because I needed the experience and maybe the money to some extent.

Work on your temper!!!!! Mr "boss"!

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by czarina(f): 7:32pm On Jan 04, 2020
Abujaexpress:
I am a nice and approachable employer. Infact, I don't boss any of my staff. We relate very well. The last secretary worked for over 2 years before she left for further studies
Lol...this thread is funny... When you reply my other mention, you go flare up again cheesy cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by Cchuks27(m): 8:03pm On Jan 04, 2020
Sack her! Make the tough call like President Trump

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by sammirano: 8:24pm On Jan 04, 2020
czarina:

The disrespect behind the act was what made her quit. There are better ways to pass your message, not throwing temper tantrums on your staff.

My advice;

Nonsense. If you do not have time for nonsense then get your head straightened at work. Although the boss could have handled it differentlt. If I discover that staff is making things difficult rather than make my life easy. You are definitely going back to your people but I wouldn't take it out on them cos it's fruitless.

12 Likes

Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by chidekings(m): 8:24pm On Jan 04, 2020
obiekunie2:

akuko!

ndi younger sister!

Hahaha,so u dont believe the op?
Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by LadySarah: 8:35pm On Jan 04, 2020
There is more to this story.
With several other application letters on ur desk, vices, you keep going on and on with her.

Pls tell us more.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by tunjilee003: 8:37pm On Jan 04, 2020
There might be something you are not telling us, who knows if you have been asking her out? or you do abuse her verbally and sexually, that might be the reason she absconded and she came back to you just because the labour market aint smiling, Stop feeding us half baked story here.. .

11 Likes

Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by Fr33born(m): 8:37pm On Jan 04, 2020
czarina:
You flung a document at her? Why is no one talking about that part? I pity your next secretary.

Work on your temper, she's your secretary not your "maid".

Typical Nigerian "boss" and his nonsense temper.

OMG! Why are ladies of this generation like this. Why is it that these days, when a man has done something bad, both Men and women condemn what he did but if it's a woman that did something bad, you will see a lot of women, especially young ladies coming to defend her?
They see posts from men against any wrong doing of a woman as an attack on their gender.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by FVckmannabbQ: 8:38pm On Jan 04, 2020
Don't take her back.

2 Likes

Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by SarakiBukola: 8:38pm On Jan 04, 2020
cheesy

You are fvcking this girl. Bluntly put.

It wouldn't end well. Trust me.

I have banged 2 ladies in my office. Both subordinates.

As much as i form Boss, one is openly disrespectful.

I can't recommend her for a sack because the whole issue can be turned on me as abuse of authority.

Never mix business with pleasure...

9 Likes

Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by Chebs212(m): 8:38pm On Jan 04, 2020
Please what we want to be hearing now is an update about trump and iran.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by FactBoyz: 8:38pm On Jan 04, 2020
grin
Re: She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back by Fountainofyouth(f): 8:39pm On Jan 04, 2020
SLAP44:
My guy my guy grin

You are wise.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Adamawa CP Honours Husseini Jidauna, The Dancing Traffic Police Officer / My Discovery About Private Schools / Lady Lists Her Achievements After Leaving Medical School At 28 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.