Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,350 members, 7,808,220 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:59 AM

NERC: Nigerians To Pay More For Electricity From April - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NERC: Nigerians To Pay More For Electricity From April (27356 Views)

Cow Ban In South East From April Irreversible - IPOB / NERC Directs Discos To Increase Tariff From April 1 / Do Not Pay For Electricity After 2 Weeks – NERC Announces New Regulations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

NERC: Nigerians To Pay More For Electricity From April by Omooba77: 8:41pm On Jan 04, 2020
The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission has said the electricity tariffs being paid by consumers will increase in April this year.

NERC disclosed this in its ‘December 2019 Minor Review of Multi-Year Tariff Order 2015 and Minimum Remittance Order for the Year 2020,’ which was dated December 31, 2019.

It said the order, effective from January 1, 2020, was issued to reflect the impact of changes in the minor review variables in the determination of cost-reflective tariffs and relevant tariff and market shortfalls for 2019 and 2020.

According to NERC, all Discos are obligated to settle their market invoices in full as adjusted and netted off by applicable tariff shortfall.

It said, “All FGN intervention from the financing plan of the PSRP for funding tariff shortfall shall be applied through NBET and the market operator to ensure 100 per cent settlement of invoices issued by market participants,”

“Effectively, this order places a freeze on the tariffs of TCN and administrative charges until April 2020 at the rates applied in generating MO invoices for the period of January to October 2019.”
https://punchng.com/nigerians-to-pay-more-for-electricity-from-april-nerc/

1 Like

Re: NERC: Nigerians To Pay More For Electricity From April by Pentasoft1978: 8:51pm On Jan 04, 2020
which of the electricity, is it the one I have not seen for 2 years in my neighborhood ? or is they any other electricity?

100 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NERC: Nigerians To Pay More For Electricity From April by Kiddo01(m): 9:01pm On Jan 04, 2020
Na them sabi

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NERC: Nigerians To Pay More For Electricity From April by Omooba77: 9:04pm On Jan 04, 2020
Pentasoft1978:
which of the electricity, is it the one I have not seen for 2 years in my neighborhood ? or is they any other electricity?

Hmmm, this people just wan cripple us, we will not take it. Increament will be effective if we all have prepaid meters, anything short..Mbaaaa

78 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NERC: Nigerians To Pay More For Electricity From April by Yungmil: 9:06pm On Jan 04, 2020
Pls let's just sell this country. I have buyers already.

64 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NERC: Nigerians To Pay More For Electricity From April by Omooba77: 9:22pm On Jan 04, 2020
Heinus and Seunmsg warn your people ita orerin and yet they are increasing the burden...Anyway to every action, equal and opposite reaction

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NERC: Nigerians To Pay More For Electricity From April by HITdemUP: 10:07pm On Jan 04, 2020
Next level of extortion

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: NERC: Nigerians To Pay More For Electricity From April by Omooba77: 10:11pm On Jan 04, 2020
HITdemUP:
Next level of extortion
No be lie my brother!

29 Likes

Re: NERC: Nigerians To Pay More For Electricity From April by StrikeBack(m): 10:13pm On Jan 04, 2020
Wow nice development

2 Likes

Re: NERC: Nigerians To Pay More For Electricity From April by Kreamie(m): 10:13pm On Jan 04, 2020
The devil gives with the right and takes with the left.

We never even celebrate the reduction of them bank charges them don bring this one.

Next is the increment of fuel price. We're bracing for it.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NERC: Nigerians To Pay More For Electricity From April by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jan 04, 2020
Issokay, just give us prepaid meter. Me and people wey dey live for chevron dey pay the same amount for electricity. Only difference be say dem get 24hrs.

35 to 40k every month na wetin IKEJA dey bill me be that o.

I just dey pray make dem gimme prepaid this year, na then una go know say i sabi manage electricity

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NERC: Nigerians To Pay More For Electricity From April by emeijeh(m): 10:14pm On Jan 04, 2020
Me, when I see BEDC officials in my area after March 2020

[img]https://boygeniusreport.files./2019/04/ezgif-5-71726c762bc3.gif?w=744[/img]

94 Likes 13 Shares

Re: NERC: Nigerians To Pay More For Electricity From April by Lamasta(m): 10:14pm On Jan 04, 2020
The one we are paying for we are yet to enjoy both quantity and quality of power and now they want to charge us more This is scam

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NERC: Nigerians To Pay More For Electricity From April by trendymarseey(f): 10:14pm On Jan 04, 2020
hmmmmn
Re: NERC: Nigerians To Pay More For Electricity From April by Ogbunigwe2018: 10:14pm On Jan 04, 2020
Easter gift in advance cheesy

4 Likes

Re: NERC: Nigerians To Pay More For Electricity From April by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 10:14pm On Jan 04, 2020
Lobatan!

2 Likes

Re: NERC: Nigerians To Pay More For Electricity From April by debedebe(m): 10:15pm On Jan 04, 2020
Yungmil:
Pls let's just sell this country. I have buyers already.
Nobody will buy

1 Like

Re: NERC: Nigerians To Pay More For Electricity From April by DesChyko: 10:15pm On Jan 04, 2020
From #4 per unit in 2009. In 10 years, it increased by 600% to its current tariff.

One of the meters in my compound developed a fault. Had to report to the District Office and they told me to write to their office telling them to replace the meter and in the meantime, they should come and connect me and be giving me bills. The way I laughed ehn. I told him point blank that I'm not interested in the billing. Whenever the meter is ready, it should be given to me. People living around me easily get #6,000 per flat as billing. Meanwhile I've never used beyond #2,000 in any month. I contacted EKEDP and they asked me to fill a form online applying for the meter. I inquired about payment and was told that it will be paid for in due time.
You won't believe someone called from the District office asking me to come down to the office and pay for the same meter.
God will not punish anybody this year o.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NERC: Nigerians To Pay More For Electricity From April by superlanny(m): 10:15pm On Jan 04, 2020
What are we paying more for, abi which Kain wahala be this, light wey no dey. This is broad daylight rape.

6 Likes

Re: NERC: Nigerians To Pay More For Electricity From April by Digmygold: 10:15pm On Jan 04, 2020
Abi una don dey kolo?
Re: NERC: Nigerians To Pay More For Electricity From April by koxi: 10:16pm On Jan 04, 2020
What a country!
Even when clearly, there’s no supply... so people are getting ripped off again and no one will do anything about it; wanna know why?

They don’t care... as it affects only the masses

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NERC: Nigerians To Pay More For Electricity From April by southsouthking(m): 10:16pm On Jan 04, 2020
Chai guy man Don enter one chance for this country lasun
#Men Don finally scam us
#APC please��� bring back the change they voted for, the people don't want the Next Level nomore Biko�� nu o.

2 Likes

Re: NERC: Nigerians To Pay More For Electricity From April by israelmao(m): 10:17pm On Jan 04, 2020
For how long shall we continue to pay more for darkness?It is time to stand up and break all this foolish silence.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: NERC: Nigerians To Pay More For Electricity From April by semyman: 10:17pm On Jan 04, 2020
Criminals everywhere
Re: NERC: Nigerians To Pay More For Electricity From April by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jan 04, 2020
If they like them increase I can't kill my self. Solar dey one side.
Re: NERC: Nigerians To Pay More For Electricity From April by DaddyGngeess(m): 10:19pm On Jan 04, 2020
na waoo
Re: NERC: Nigerians To Pay More For Electricity From April by Kbs468(m): 10:19pm On Jan 04, 2020
This government is all about paying, paying and more payments in the form of Taxation

And where on Earth is the money going to?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NERC: Nigerians To Pay More For Electricity From April by favour32(m): 10:20pm On Jan 04, 2020
I know say dis government dey wait for Nigerians...one chance government.
Re: NERC: Nigerians To Pay More For Electricity From April by BeeBeeOoh(m): 10:20pm On Jan 04, 2020
Hope NERC didn't include Buharists among those that are gonna pay more for light in this year of the lord, 2020??

8 Likes

Re: NERC: Nigerians To Pay More For Electricity From April by Franchise21(m): 10:22pm On Jan 04, 2020
okorotalkative:
Issokay, just give us prepaid meter. Me and people wey dey live for chevron dey pay the same amount for electricity. Only difference be say dem get 24hrs.

35 to 40k every month na wetin IKEJA dey bill me be that o.

I just dey pray make dem gimme prepaid this year, na then una go know say i sabi manage electricity

Apply with ur bill account number via map.ikejaelectric.com

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

APC Rejects Diri As Bayelsa Governor-Elect / Omokri 'Opens' Bank Account For Amaechi, For Nigerians Owing Him To Pay / Buhari Joins Tinubu At The Opening Of 10th Bola Tinubu's Colloquium(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.