Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,564 members, 7,809,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:02 PM

Nigeria Premier League: Kwara United Vs Heartland FC On Saturday Dec 4 @ 4pm - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Premier League: Kwara United Vs Heartland FC On Saturday Dec 4 @ 4pm (1472 Views)

Poll: What Will Be The Outcome Of This Match?

Kwara United Will Win: 50% (1 vote)
A Draw: 50% (1 vote)
Heartland FC Will Win: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Heartland Fc Vs 3SC (2pm) | FC Ifeanyi Ubah Vs Sunshine Stars (4pm) / NPFL: Enyimba Fc Vs Heartland Fc (2 - 0) On 17th June 2015 / NPFL: Warri Wolves Vs Heartland On Monday 27th April (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Premier League: Kwara United Vs Heartland FC On Saturday Dec 4 @ 4pm by semid4lyfe(m): 2:43am On Dec 03, 2010
Match: Kwara United  vs Heartland FC

Venue: Offa Township Stadium, Kwara

Date: Saturday, December 4

Time of Match: 4PM Nigerian Time
[center]PREVIEW[/center]
semid4lyfe:
Kwara United popularly called the Afonja Warriors by their teeming fans and supporters will play host to the Naze millionaires from the East, Heartland FC this weekend in a week 5 match of the Nigeria Premier League.

Coming into this match, Kwara United is placed 16th on the log table after only being able to secure 4 points from their previous four matches while their opponents from the east are placed 6th and can boast of 7 points from the same number of matches.

These teams have arguably the best two coaches in the league. Kwara United is being coached by CAF Champions League wining coach and an ex-African Coach of the Year, Kadiri Ikhana while Heartland is managed by the (International Federation of Football Historians and Statistics) IFFHS-ranked and double silver-winning coach, Samson Siasia although it remains uncertain whether he'll be in the saddle for Heartland as he has just been appointed Manager of the Nigerian National Team.

A tight battle is expected between the sides on the pitch as they both boast of a glut of stars. The Afonja warriors will be looking to the likes of[i] Blessing Okardi, Kelvin Kpakor, Isiaka Olawale, Jaiyeola Yusuf, Barnabas Imenger, Soga Sambo, Chibuzor Osigwe, White Agwuocha, Nasiru Ali, Amafe Edebiri and Sibi Gwar[/i] amongst others to wreak havoc on their visitors while the Naze Millionaires will be hoping Chinedu Efugh, Kingsley Elvis, Bello Kofarmata, Osas Okoro, Julius Ubido, Ikechukwu Ibenegbu, Chibuzor Okonkwo, Joshua Obaje, Igho Otegheri, Kingsley Udoh etc can secure the maximum 3 points at Offa.

Last season, this same fixture at the Offa township stadium ended 1-nil in favour of Kwara United and already Coach Kadiri Ikhana has said he's looking forward to a repeat performance. In his words "It is imperative that we win. No doubt we will play against a difficult side but I am confident that we will pick up full points. The players know that they will have to work hard for this. “I am happy that the match will be on television so that the world will assess not just the performance of the players but also those of the match officials,” he added.

So what do you think? Will both teams share the spoils of war or will one of them emerge victorious on saturday? Drop your comments and don't forget to use the polls also  grin

N.B: Match will be on SuperSport 9 on Saturday at 4.00PM Nigerian Time.
Re: Nigeria Premier League: Kwara United Vs Heartland FC On Saturday Dec 4 @ 4pm by honeric01(m): 10:23pm On Dec 03, 2010
Kwara united is winning this hands down.
Re: Nigeria Premier League: Kwara United Vs Heartland FC On Saturday Dec 4 @ 4pm by medjai(m): 9:11am On Dec 04, 2010
Samson Siasia will not be in charge of Heartland in this game. I dont know how much that is going to affect them.
Kwara United are yet to get into their stride this season. They've been dropping points and lost last week to newly promoted Crown FC but expect them to turn the corner soon because they are a team with a lot of quality. They finished 4th last season. They have a young squad and also a very good coach.
I'll go for a Kwara Utd win
Re: Nigeria Premier League: Kwara United Vs Heartland FC On Saturday Dec 4 @ 4pm by semid4lyfe(m): 10:48am On Dec 04, 2010
@ Honeric and medjai

Do you guys remember Barnabas Imenger? He was a member of Nigeria's 1995 (King Fahd) FIFA Confederations cup squad in Saudi Arabia. I recall he played against Mexico in that tournament.

He's listed by Kwara United as a player for this season. I can't believe this guy is still playing till now unless it's someone else. . .I mean he was team-mate with Siasia, Amokachi, Ammuneke, Adepoju, Yekini, Finidi etc and all these guys have since retired.
Re: Nigeria Premier League: Kwara United Vs Heartland FC On Saturday Dec 4 @ 4pm by honeric01(m): 11:45am On Dec 04, 2010
^^^^^^

I can't recall that name, you mean someone as old as siasia and co still plays in the league? undecided
Re: Nigeria Premier League: Kwara United Vs Heartland FC On Saturday Dec 4 @ 4pm by semid4lyfe(m): 12:09pm On Dec 04, 2010
honeric01:

^^^^^^

I can't recall that name, you mean someone as old as siasia and co still plays in the league? undecided

YES unless its someone else with the exact name.
Re: Nigeria Premier League: Kwara United Vs Heartland FC On Saturday Dec 4 @ 4pm by semid4lyfe(m): 1:52pm On Dec 04, 2010
Poor Kwara United cos I see them slipping further down the log table when Heartland holds them to a draw later today grin
Re: Nigeria Premier League: Kwara United Vs Heartland FC On Saturday Dec 4 @ 4pm by honeric01(m): 2:01pm On Dec 04, 2010
semid4lyfe:

YES unless its someone else with the exact name.

you go fear fear,

well i see Kwara united winning this sha.
Re: Nigeria Premier League: Kwara United Vs Heartland FC On Saturday Dec 4 @ 4pm by medjai(m): 2:37pm On Dec 04, 2010
semid4lyfe:

@ Honeric and medjai

Do you guys remember Barnabas Imenger? He was a member of Nigeria's 1995 (King Fahd) FIFA Confederations cup squad in Saudi Arabia. I recall he played against Mexico in that tournament.

He's listed by Kwara United as a player for this season. I can't believe this guy is still playing till now unless it's someone else. . .I mean he was team-mate with Siasia, Amokachi, Ammuneke, Adepoju, Yekini, Finidi etc and all these guys have since retired.

they are not the same. The one that played for the Super Eagles then is now a coach and was former coach of Lobi Stars. It's just a strange coincidence. There's also a Kalu Uche in Enyimba.
You can check this link:
http://sunday.dailytrust.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5238:imenger-warns-siasia-against-drastic-changes&catid=22:fever-pitch&itemid=112
Re: Nigeria Premier League: Kwara United Vs Heartland FC On Saturday Dec 4 @ 4pm by semid4lyfe(m): 2:55pm On Dec 04, 2010
medjai:

they are not the same. The one that played for the Super Eagles then is now a coach and was former coach of Lobi Stars. It's just a strange coincidence. There's also a Kalu Uche in Enyimba.
You can check this link:
http://sunday.dailytrust.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5238:imenger-warns-siasia-against-drastic-changes&catid=22:fever-pitch&itemid=112

Thanks!

I know about the Kalu Uche in Enyimba though. I've actually watched him play LIVE before.
Re: Nigeria Premier League: Kwara United Vs Heartland FC On Saturday Dec 4 @ 4pm by medjai(m): 4:18pm On Dec 04, 2010
If I say this Offa Township Stadium is horrible, I'm only being nice
Re: Nigeria Premier League: Kwara United Vs Heartland FC On Saturday Dec 4 @ 4pm by honeric01(m): 4:37pm On Dec 04, 2010
^^^^^

But i thought they said the stadium has been renovated? undecided
Re: Nigeria Premier League: Kwara United Vs Heartland FC On Saturday Dec 4 @ 4pm by medjai(m): 5:36pm On Dec 04, 2010
still goaless. not many high points. Heartland looks the more likely to score, they've spurned a couple of chances
Re: Nigeria Premier League: Kwara United Vs Heartland FC On Saturday Dec 4 @ 4pm by medjai(m): 6:08pm On Dec 04, 2010
goalllll! Sheriff Jimoh. 1 - 0 Kwara United
Re: Nigeria Premier League: Kwara United Vs Heartland FC On Saturday Dec 4 @ 4pm by medjai(m): 6:14pm On Dec 04, 2010
FT Kwara Utd 1 vs Heartland 0
Re: Nigeria Premier League: Kwara United Vs Heartland FC On Saturday Dec 4 @ 4pm by honeric01(m): 6:19pm On Dec 04, 2010
Wow, you mean Heartland just scored a goal against Kwara united the home side? undecided
Re: Nigeria Premier League: Kwara United Vs Heartland FC On Saturday Dec 4 @ 4pm by honeric01(m): 6:20pm On Dec 04, 2010
medjai:

FT Kwara Utd 1 vs Heartland 0

I fear before.
Re: Nigeria Premier League: Kwara United Vs Heartland FC On Saturday Dec 4 @ 4pm by DisGuy: 11:09pm On Dec 06, 2010
medjai:

If I say this Offa Township Stadium is horrible, I'm only being nice

honeric01:

^^^^^

But i thought they said the stadium has been renovated? undecided

Nah, it's Ilorin Township stadium that is being renovated, so I think they are sharing with Bukola Babes at the moment
Re: Nigeria Premier League: Kwara United Vs Heartland FC On Saturday Dec 4 @ 4pm by honeric01(m): 11:17pm On Dec 06, 2010
^^^^^

So na primary school field una dey use for Kwara abi? angry
Re: Nigeria Premier League: Kwara United Vs Heartland FC On Saturday Dec 4 @ 4pm by semid4lyfe(m): 6:11am On Dec 07, 2010
The illorin Township stadium is presently undergoing renovation so Kwara United and Bukola Babes are both using the Offa Township stadium.

As a fallout of these past weekend match between Kwara United and Heartland, the NFL has given both clubs 72hrs (on or before 10am on Wednesday 8th December) to find an alternative venue for their home matches or have the NFL choose a suitable venue for them.

http://supersport.com/football/nigeria/news/101206/Kwara_Unitedto_seek_new_home

(1) (Reply)

Steven Gerrard's LA Galaxy Jersey Already On Sale!!!! / Messi Gets Sleeve Tattoo (photos) / Watch UEFA Champions League Draw LIVE NOW In The Office !!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.