Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,829 members, 7,798,799 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:30 AM

Rockets Fall Near US Embassy In Baghdad Injuring Five As World War 3 Fears Mount - Foreign Affairs (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Rockets Fall Near US Embassy In Baghdad Injuring Five As World War 3 Fears Mount (75538 Views)

US Drone Strike Kills Senior Iran-Backed Militia Leader In Baghdad (Photos) / U.S. Embassy In Baghdad Attacked; Iraqi Security Forces Kill Protester / The Reason Qassem Soleimani Was In Baghdad Shows How Complex The Iran Crisis Is (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rockets Fall Near US Embassy In Baghdad Injuring Five As World War 3 Fears Mount by Dybala11(m): 11:57am On Jan 05, 2020
philip0906:

So they will go to war with the USA because of Iran? undecided
North Korea may intervene, but China and Russia will probably only contribute to Iran's war efforts by supplying them with ammunition

1 Like

Re: Rockets Fall Near US Embassy In Baghdad Injuring Five As World War 3 Fears Mount by philip0906(m): 11:57am On Jan 05, 2020
TRUEBLOOD59:

do u not know that russia and north korea will assist them with some help..
Russia will assist Iran with which help? undecided

You're even calling North Korea? You're a joker my friend. grin

3 Likes

Re: Rockets Fall Near US Embassy In Baghdad Injuring Five As World War 3 Fears Mount by philip0906(m): 12:03pm On Jan 05, 2020
Dybala11:

North Korea may intervene, but China and Russia will probably only contribute to Iran's war efforts by supplying them with ammunition
Which North Korea are you talking about? How on earth are you even rating the North Korean military? They are only prominent because they are trying to build nuclear war heads( they haven't even succeeded) and are considered a rogue nation. Their military can't stand it's neighbours not to talk of another.

For China and Russia, selling weapons to Iran is now going to be a new thing. During wars, arms are supplied and some countries make money. Guess what? Iran will go bankrupt if they attempt to purchase arms and the USA will block any possibility. Iran is still suffering from sanctions imposed, they can't afford to finance a war.

4 Likes

Re: Rockets Fall Near US Embassy In Baghdad Injuring Five As World War 3 Fears Mount by Dybala11(m): 12:05pm On Jan 05, 2020
hermesprogidy:

I didn't say they where smarter than the U.S and yes they will use jungle terrorism and probably cyber attacks. America with all it's nous is very poor when it comes to fighting unconventional warfare. Read my post again.
And you think unconventional war will make them victorious in the advent of a world war, while the US and it's allies are destroying Iran

1 Like

Re: Rockets Fall Near US Embassy In Baghdad Injuring Five As World War 3 Fears Mount by Abass1Toheeb: 12:08pm On Jan 05, 2020
philip0906:

Iran's military strength (in comparison to the USA) is only big for muslims. Israel alone, will handle Iran.

Just look at how the head of their elite force waa blown into shreds. That is the country you are hyping its military?
bcus Isreal is a Christian Nation abii, lol.. Knowledge is Power oo..
Re: Rockets Fall Near US Embassy In Baghdad Injuring Five As World War 3 Fears Mount by Dybala11(m): 12:08pm On Jan 05, 2020
philip0906:

Which North Korea are you talking about? How on earth are you even rating the North Korean military? They are only prominent because they are trying to build nuclear war heads( they haven't even succeeded) and are considered a rogue nation. Their military can't stand it's neighbours not to talk of another.

For China and Russia, selling weapons to Iran is now going to be a new thing. During wars, arms are supplied and some countries make money. Guess what? Iran will go bankrupt if they attempt to purchase arms and the USA will block any possibility. Iran is still suffering from sanctions imposed, they can't afford to finance a war.
Well it seems the North Korean government have been itching for a chance to confront the US in a conventional war, but I believe even the Israeli's are enough to stop the North Koreans sef.
Re: Rockets Fall Near US Embassy In Baghdad Injuring Five As World War 3 Fears Mount by Abass1Toheeb: 12:10pm On Jan 05, 2020
Dybala11:

This is how i think the war is going to be, They wont get involved physically. they will just be adding charcoal in Iran's fire.
Re: Rockets Fall Near US Embassy In Baghdad Injuring Five As World War 3 Fears Mount by dederocs(m): 12:12pm On Jan 05, 2020
Mac2016:

Don't just be too sure.. Very soon they will draw empathy or wipe it up from powerful anti-US nations then you know what that means.
Leaders are meant to act more responsibly... World needs peace not wars
Anti US nations like who?

1 Like

Re: Rockets Fall Near US Embassy In Baghdad Injuring Five As World War 3 Fears Mount by Dybala11(m): 12:15pm On Jan 05, 2020
Abass1Toheeb:

This is how i think the war is going to be, They wont get involved physically. they will just be adding charcoal in Iran's fire.
Exactly bro, but I still believe the odd is against the Iranian if this escalates to war. The US will bring the war to their doorstep by invading Iran, the US will probably only record casualties on their military personnel, but Iran will have both civilian and military casualties
Re: Rockets Fall Near US Embassy In Baghdad Injuring Five As World War 3 Fears Mount by Correcto: 12:17pm On Jan 05, 2020
You said it all
matrix199:
So Iran plans using rockets to take revenge on the US?

Whoever cares for Iran should advise her to apply wisdom. It's ok to rant, but don't get carried away thinking you'can keep up hit for hit with America. They better just rant and let it slide, for their own sake.
Re: Rockets Fall Near US Embassy In Baghdad Injuring Five As World War 3 Fears Mount by Abass1Toheeb: 12:26pm On Jan 05, 2020
Dybala11:

Exactly bro, but I still believe the odd is against the Iranian if this escalates to war. The US will bring the war to their doorstep by invading Iran, the US will probably only record casualties on their military personnel, but Iran will have both civilian and military casualties

i believe Only Russia and China can really hit US to the bone but they actually wont because of the Economoc effect, if the duo really wants to hot US badly, this is a very good opportunity to kill their economy. Jst for them to aid the military of Iran with ammunition and then The Russia counters US action using UN.
Re: Rockets Fall Near US Embassy In Baghdad Injuring Five As World War 3 Fears Mount by Dybala11(m): 12:28pm On Jan 05, 2020
Abass1Toheeb:

i believe Only Russia and China can really hit US to the bone but they actually wont because of the Economoc effect, if the duo really wants to hot US badly, this is a very good opportunity to kill their economy. Jst for them to aid the military of Iran with ammunition and then The Russia counters US action using UN.
That's true sha, but I think it will become an issue of mutual damage, cos US too will want to have their pound of flesh
Re: Rockets Fall Near US Embassy In Baghdad Injuring Five As World War 3 Fears Mount by Dybala11(m): 12:35pm On Jan 05, 2020
grin
Leister:
and why are u scared? what has the war got to do with u?
He's afraid of been drafted

1 Like

Re: Rockets Fall Near US Embassy In Baghdad Injuring Five As World War 3 Fears Mount by lebete3000: 12:40pm On Jan 05, 2020
braveboy64:
Trump should know the war wouldn't be against Iran �� alone

Who else

1 Like

Re: Rockets Fall Near US Embassy In Baghdad Injuring Five As World War 3 Fears Mount by forsto(m): 12:40pm On Jan 05, 2020
Let there be common sense betweent US AND IRAN.
Re: Rockets Fall Near US Embassy In Baghdad Injuring Five As World War 3 Fears Mount by bigpriik: 12:44pm On Jan 05, 2020
StrongandMighty:
Which kini world War?? Small Iran no fit ignite another world War abeg. Had it been its between USA and Russia, China or even France small fear for dey, but Iran?? Nah they no fit can

But shaa I know our jobless religious extremist brothers from the North go begin nonsense protest/riot upon wetin no concern them.
you have not read about other world wars that why.
Re: Rockets Fall Near US Embassy In Baghdad Injuring Five As World War 3 Fears Mount by Oyiboman69: 12:50pm On Jan 05, 2020
englishmart:
I really want this war to happen, I don't want Liverpool to win the league grin grin
Make Satan mess for your sense

Re: Rockets Fall Near US Embassy In Baghdad Injuring Five As World War 3 Fears Mount by goaldynboy: 12:55pm On Jan 05, 2020
Pedrotina11:
[s]So many people are stupid on these nairaland....do u knw wat war encompasses Do u think only one nation fights war, there are some nations that have been longing to war with USA for years and hates trump, but that dare not because they dnt have the resources, with this they can form coalition with iran, that was how world war started then coalition formed before u knw 70% of the world power was involved. These little uprising can lead to an explosion if care is not taken only Iran won't b fighting war..let's pray for peace..cos even Nigeria economy won't b spared in advent of another world war..[/s].

RUBBISH!!

Iran should fight their fight alone! No country will join them!!

When they were running their mouth and looking for troubles, other countries did not join them!!
Re: Rockets Fall Near US Embassy In Baghdad Injuring Five As World War 3 Fears Mount by Dybala11(m): 12:58pm On Jan 05, 2020
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

Iran have never won any war. Stop deceiving yourself
Don't mind him jor, it was even Iran that started the provocation by killing a US civilian.

1 Like

Re: Rockets Fall Near US Embassy In Baghdad Injuring Five As World War 3 Fears Mount by Dybala11(m): 1:01pm On Jan 05, 2020
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

Japan? How old are you please?
Imagine, the same Japan that came crawling after the horror of Hiroshima and Nagasaki
Re: Rockets Fall Near US Embassy In Baghdad Injuring Five As World War 3 Fears Mount by hermesprogidy(m): 1:01pm On Jan 05, 2020
Dybala11:

And you think unconventional war will make them victorious in the advent of a world war, while the US and it's allies are destroying Iran
Who said anything about a world war and Iran being victorious? Can you please read and comprehend my earlier post. Dayum!
Re: Rockets Fall Near US Embassy In Baghdad Injuring Five As World War 3 Fears Mount by Mrsserene: 1:03pm On Jan 05, 2020
Our biaflan blodas in support of this war tho grin when all they know how to do is run, like ojukwu and Mazi nnamdi ran grin
Anyways....Iranians are not afraid of death. Iranians are not cowards. And America has more to lose. God save Us all .
Re: Rockets Fall Near US Embassy In Baghdad Injuring Five As World War 3 Fears Mount by Mykel51(m): 1:13pm On Jan 05, 2020
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

Japan? How old are you please?

He really mentioned Japan...Na kids full here..I just dey laugh at their comments
Re: Rockets Fall Near US Embassy In Baghdad Injuring Five As World War 3 Fears Mount by dammyco(m): 1:25pm On Jan 05, 2020
if the two fight, all Iranians men go die. free women for Nigerian.
Re: Rockets Fall Near US Embassy In Baghdad Injuring Five As World War 3 Fears Mount by dammyco(m): 1:28pm On Jan 05, 2020
Mrsserene:
Our biaflan blodas in support of this war tho grin when all they know how to do is run, like ojukwu and Mazi nnamdi ran grin
Anyways....Iranians are not afraid of death. Iranians are not cowards. And America has more to lose. God save Us all .
funny you, the fight will only take place in Iran, do Americans has nothing to lose
Re: Rockets Fall Near US Embassy In Baghdad Injuring Five As World War 3 Fears Mount by SoapQueen(f): 1:29pm On Jan 05, 2020
Kalixx:

How you Nairalanders go lower than the maximum imaginable lows is something worthy of surprise. The way you guys polarise any event along tribal lines is shameful. But then, to go steps further to begin to embroil Nigerian tribes vis-a-vis this ongoing US-Iran war, as if they could give 2 sh*ts about our existence, is nothing short of phenomenal idiocy. Anytime I make a short online tour to Reddit, Quora etc., then revisit Nairaland, especially during the hours of their peak idiocy, its like having a bird view of the thinking pattern and rationality around the world. The difference is just clear. You guys here just taunt and jibe, and then form attache all day long, all week long, all year long...and on and on... Such comments are a dead giveaway of a perceived low IQ and some comments here just make me cringe like, "Oh Jeez, how can this be on the internet too?!" Im so ashamed.

Do you guys just take pride in surpassing previous levels of stuupidity of years gone by or what? I still fail to connect how and why Nigerians should be picking sides on this matter and then throwing jibes at another tribe (or religion). Or maybe, just maybe, I downplayed a fact that the superiority of an advanced nation can evoke idiosyncrasies and subnormal behaviour in faraway ragtag hellholes.

Wow! I want to have your baby! Such an impeccable writer. For real now, you write so well, keep it up!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rockets Fall Near US Embassy In Baghdad Injuring Five As World War 3 Fears Mount by Stmiceel(m): 1:36pm On Jan 05, 2020
Russia will only make money from Iran.
Vladimir and Trump are allies don't you know?
Saudi Arabia will bleed if they interfere on the physical to support the Iranians.
China will make money and they will send their soldiers too.
Germany would like to interfere but as you can see no body wants to lock head with the U.S.A.
Re: Rockets Fall Near US Embassy In Baghdad Injuring Five As World War 3 Fears Mount by Buffalo2(m): 1:37pm On Jan 05, 2020
englishmart:
I really want this war to happen, I don't want Liverpool to win the league grin grin
Tor
Re: Rockets Fall Near US Embassy In Baghdad Injuring Five As World War 3 Fears Mount by AdegbiteAdemola(m): 2:02pm On Jan 05, 2020
englishmart:

Mahd o��
Re: Rockets Fall Near US Embassy In Baghdad Injuring Five As World War 3 Fears Mount by DaSalafist(m): 2:16pm On Jan 05, 2020
Dannybammz:
The rockets fell in the Iraqi capital's heavily fortified Green Zone which houses government buildings and foreign missions a day after the US ordered the execution of top Iranian General Qassem Soleimani

Several rockets targeting Celebration Square and the Jadriya area in Baghdad, and the Balad air base in Salahuddin province, with no loss of life. Further details to come," the Iraqi military said in a statement.

There are currently not believed to be any deaths.

It comes a day after Donald Trump ordered the drone execution of top Iranian General Qassem Soleimani at Baghdad Airport.

After his death, the country's supreme leader Ali Khamenei sparked fears of war as he announced revenge, adding: "I and the government and the nation of Iran strongly condemn this American crime."

The phrase "World War 3" began trending on Twitter and searches for the same sentence also spiked on Google within hours of the air strike in Iraq.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/breaking-world-war-3-rocket-21214000

For some folks stupidity, despicability and miserability, bottomless pit is the 'limit.'

Seriously, there's an issue between the US and Iran, and Nigerians are already lining up behind one, or the other.

I guess on this very issue, Nigerians will start killing each other, EVEN BEFORE IRAN FINALIZES IT'S OWN RESPONSE TO THE US, let alone before a fight, if any at all, breaks out!!
Re: Rockets Fall Near US Embassy In Baghdad Injuring Five As World War 3 Fears Mount by olatilldend: 2:22pm On Jan 05, 2020
There can't be a ww3 except we find Russia and US on opposing sides. It's not in Russia's interest to go all out for Iran as there's little to gain in that regard when you look at the bigger picture.

China on the other hand is looking to become economic power of the world, something that does not augur well while fighting a war.

Las las Iran don collect "L" they should just move on jejely cos this might just be the opportunity Israel's been coveting all along and waiting to pounce!
Re: Rockets Fall Near US Embassy In Baghdad Injuring Five As World War 3 Fears Mount by ayomide5210(m): 2:24pm On Jan 05, 2020
patrickmuf:
The truth of the matter is that America cannot afford another full blown war worst off against a dogged Iran.
However you might want to look at it, America will find it very tough to win the war because her bases around the middle east will be subject to a barrage of long range ballistic missiles. Iran will suffer more but she stands to lose nothing. China and Russia will back the Iranians with weapons just so the war drags on to a point where it takes a toll on the US economy thereby possibly giving birth to a new world power, China...It's not just war, there's an economic undertone to it and the US know better than anyone that they can't afford to prosecute another war, not at this point where their economy is recovering...

Your analysis are wrong to my view, although this thread is just a media war between both countries, America under Obama try to maintain peace with all countries of the world ( fake or real ), America under Donald Trump is trying to prove her supremacy as one of the world power. Iran has nothing to lose, America has Iran to destroy. How do you compare a country because they have somewhere to buy arsenals to the one who their budget to expand their military might alone is the total budget of Iran, are you kidding me, all those countries you said will back Iran, for what purpose will they back them and if their other Muslim community will support, what do they have to fight USA . Donald is a Zero Joy man who doesn't care to finish all Iran millitary power with their civilians together breaching UN law. Don't dare Trump ohhhh, the man no get Joy

But anyway their fight na just breeze, e no ft rain but if it rain, forget Iran

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Zimbabwean Policeman Caught In Bed With Junior Policeman's Wife (pic) / Pics: Russian Plane Arrives U.S. To Evacuate 35 Expelled Diplomats & Families. / Presidential Villas Across The World.(pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.