Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,535 members, 7,808,966 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:11 PM

Signs You Are Losing Faith In God - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Signs You Are Losing Faith In God (26295 Views)

Am Losing Faith / Losing Faith | My Departure From Theism [cc] / 8 Signs You Are Under A Powerful Love Spell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Signs You Are Losing Faith In God by midnighter(f): 11:19am On Jan 06, 2020
Sinistami:

The thing is what makes you think the rest are wrong? Explain that. And It would be the same reason why the others think yours is wrong. SMH... White men just came with a religion from no where and you're defending it with all your might. Think you think the colonialists would have ever given us something to help our selves? No it's to actually just exploit and control us.

THINK.

Youre simply saying rubbish... That they forced us to do away with our traditions and customs doesnt mean that the message of Christ is wrong...God uses human evil for His glory

Its in the nature of humans to plunder and subdue each other....still that does not negate the truth of Christ.

You have not succeeded in making a single point throughout the course of this discussion.

1 Like

Re: Signs You Are Losing Faith In God by capnies: 12:55pm On Jan 06, 2020
Sinistami:

Think for your sake... Most of you aren't even Christians because of faith, no it's fear. The main weapon of religion. Ask your self this what's the need for hell if your God so loves you. Why can't God kill the devil if his so powerful. You know why? Because every movie, Cartoon, Anime, story, needs a nemesis for it to remain interesting to the fans. Quote me anywhere.
God cannot kill the devil immediately because what the devil deed was to challenge Gods sovereignty. The devil told man that the laws God gave to man was false, that man can live happily without God. Angels were watching, if God had killed Satan immediately there would be no prove of Satan's challenge that is why God has allowed man to prove Satan right or wrong, and we are witnesses to it that Satan was wrong man cannot live without Gods influence; sickness, diseases and death, hardship etc. Imagine a world where only the righteous live; would there be any need for padlock, guns or even house protector

1 Like

Re: Signs You Are Losing Faith In God by Sinistami(m): 3:35pm On Jan 06, 2020
midnighter:

Youre simply saying rubbish... That they forced us to do away with our traditions and customs doesnt mean that the message of Christ is wrong...God uses human evil for His glory

Its in the nature of humans to plunder and subdue each other....still that does not negate the truth of Christ.

You have not succeeded in making a single point throughout the course of this discussion.

Neither have you made any point too in anyway... You simply only misunderstand all I type or pretend to misunderstand it by calling it trash.
So God used that nature of men to plunder to push this so called 'truth of Christ'. He couldn't spread his truth him self since he's all mighty and powerful and can do all. Do you know the amount of Blood splattered on the floor for your so called truth?

You have not yet told me why you think Christ is the only way, you keep dodging the question. Why?
Re: Signs You Are Losing Faith In God by Sinistami(m): 3:41pm On Jan 06, 2020
capnies:

God cannot kill the devil immediately because what the devil deed was to challenge Gods sovereignty. The devil told man that the laws God gave to man was false, that man can live happily without God. Angels were watching, if God had killed Satan immediately there would be no prove of Satan's challenge that is why God has allowed man to prove Satan right or wrong, and we are witnesses to it that Satan was wrong man cannot live without Gods influence; sickness, diseases and death, hardship etc. Imagine a world where only the righteous live; would there be any need for padlock, guns or even house protector

That's not even what I'm talking about... From the beginning, when Satan actually rebelled against God, when he was still an Angel why didn't he kill him? As a matter of fact God being Omniscient and all knowing should have known that the mudafucker would one day betray him but still created him. The same God that knew the beginning and the end. That boils down to the story of Adam and Eve.. Bullshit.. Man God knew they would disobey and eat the fruit and still tested them anyway.. Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Signs You Are Losing Faith In God by midnighter(f): 3:44pm On Jan 06, 2020
Sinistami:

Neither have you made any point too in anyway... You simply only misunderstand all I type or pretend to misunderstand it by calling it trash.
So God used that nature of men to plunder to push this so called 'truth of Christ'. He couldn't spread his truth since he's all mighty and powerful and can do all. Do you know the amount of Blood splattered on the floor for your so called truth?

You have not yet told me why you think Christ is the only way, you keep dodging the question. Why?

I have already answered that question before in the thread if you could bother to read something for once in your ignorant existence, which I know you wont.
Re: Signs You Are Losing Faith In God by Sinistami(m): 3:51pm On Jan 06, 2020
midnighter:

I have already answered that question before in the thread if you could bother to read something for once in your ignorant existence, which I know you wont.

Don't insult me... I never insulted you in this argument if you mind.... I've been holding my tongue because I think you're older, don't let me loose that respect.

Simple I saw your comment in one of the pages of this thread I replied, asking you a question, you kept dribbling me with Bullshit instead of you to tell me the page you answered the question, you're here insulting me. No wam o.

1 Like

Re: Signs You Are Losing Faith In God by midnighter(f): 3:54pm On Jan 06, 2020
Sinistami:

Don't insult me... I never insulted you in this argument if you mind.... I've been holding my tongue because I think you're older, don't let me loose that respect.

Simple I saw your comment in one of the pages of this thread I replied, asking you a question, you kept dribbling me with Bullshit instead of you to tell me the page you answered the question, you're here insulting me. No wam o.

Please excuse the insult. I apologise.

1 Like

Re: Signs You Are Losing Faith In God by Sinistami(m): 3:59pm On Jan 06, 2020
midnighter:

Please excuse the insult. I apologise.
What page did you answer it?
Re: Signs You Are Losing Faith In God by midnighter(f): 4:14pm On Jan 06, 2020
Re: Signs You Are Losing Faith In God by Professorcplus(m): 4:14pm On Jan 07, 2020
midnighter:

https://www.nairaland.com/5614419/signs-losing-faith-god/3#85523946

sight

capnies:

I'm actually getting bored of hearing this same piece of story been passed generation by generation. Why the Catholic version is different from yours, yet the Pentecostal owns differ. Well that aside.

No insult please and beside no need to drag someone believe to appraise yours. I am an open minded person and I suggest you too is a knowledgeable person at least in what you believe. If you don't mind, I have some questions for you and I will love to hear your responses. Mind your your response determines the basement of this discussion.

1. The ultimate goal of believing in the "TRUTH" is to secure eternal life after death? True/False? Reasons

2. You said and I quote"Imagine a world where only the righteous live; would there be any need for padlock, guns or even house protector". And your belief highlights eternal life after death is where no disease, sickness, and other evil occurance you could think of exists. If I were to go by your believe you said only those who believe will make eternal life and such is that those who believe are righteous. clearly stated . what will those ones with eternal life be doing since I know they won't be ideal all time?.

3. If I where to go by your belief the Bible is the holy book you made reference to as a believer. And most pastors and believers will say we should follow what the Bible says. [no arguments]. Why have you so call "believes/Christians" in quote uses some part of the writings that suits them to control the populace and abandon the other verses that might go against the doctrine and yet criticize other believers/church that their doctrine is against yours? By the way why doctrine since the Bible have all what is required...

References are available when requested and please no insult
Re: Signs You Are Losing Faith In God by Professorcplus(m): 4:15pm On Jan 07, 2020
Re: Signs You Are Losing Faith In God by Sinistami(m): 4:37pm On Jan 07, 2020
midnighter:

https://www.nairaland.com/5614419/signs-losing-faith-god/3#85523946

So you believe your religion is better because of this so called Intercessor? Because Christ actually came? Don't you think the Jews have a reason for not believing that guy anyway, since they were by far closer to Christ than other Africans?

1 Like

Re: Signs You Are Losing Faith In God by midnighter(f): 6:03pm On Jan 07, 2020
Sinistami:

So you believe your religion is different because of this so called Intercessor? Because Christ actually came? Don't you think the Jews have a reason for not believing that guy anyway, since they were by far closer to Christ than other Africans?

Yes, they have listed plenty of reasons not to believe in him which are available to read and which have equally been countered by believers. The debate between Jews and Christians has been raging on for centuries.

The reason I find your posts irritating is that you ask questions whose answers should be preliminary to somebody who claims to be a sceptic.

I don't understand how you can critically oppose Christianity and yet, not know that Pontius Pilate has been proven to have existed and that the sole basis for distinguishing Christianity from other religions is that human beings need a divine intercessor and that Christ fulfils the criteria.

I don't know what sort of discussion you expect us to be having if you haven't grasped even basic concepts such as these, or if you are as disingenuous as to pretend not to have, just for the sake of it.

This is why the conversation seems, to my understanding, to be futile. And this is why I flared at you last time (though I shouldn't have). Is it that you are genuinely ignorant of these things or that you're just trying to be difficult?

Either way, it's not how to debate. You should have advanced past such otiose speculation by now, if you are a serious opponent.

Anyway, I wish you good luck in your quest dear kiss bye!
Re: Signs You Are Losing Faith In God by nlPoster: 6:45pm On Jan 07, 2020
If satan ceased to exist then mankind would cease to exist, simple.

So God not being a wicked God, would rather save humankind than eliminate them.

There's nothing to debate about it.
Re: Signs You Are Losing Faith In God by Sinistami(m): 6:45pm On Jan 07, 2020
midnighter:

Yes, they have listed plenty of reasons not to believe in him which are available to read and which have equally been countered by believers. The debate between Jews and Christians has been raging on for centuries.

The reason I find your posts irritating is that you ask questions whose answers should be preliminary to somebody who claims to be a sceptic.

I don't understand how you can critically oppose Christianity and yet, not know that Pontius Pilate has been proven to have existed and that the sole basis for distinguishing Christianity from other religions is that human beings need a divine intercessor and that Christ fulfils the criteria.

I don't know what sort of discussion you expect us to be having if you haven't grasped even basic concepts such as these, or if you are as disingenuous as to pretend not to have, just for the sake of it.

This is why the conversation seems, to my understanding, to be futile. And this is why I flared at you last time (though I shouldn't have). Is it that you are genuinely ignorant of these things or that you're just trying to be difficult?

Either way, it's not how to debate. You should have advanced past such otiose speculation by now, if you are a serious opponent.

Anyway, I wish you good luck in your quest dear kiss bye!

Oh OK I get you now..... Well I knew the difference between Christianity and other religions was Christ who acted as the intercessor between God and man but my question was what makes it better. All religions have stuff that makes them different and Unique but not not exactly better.

As for the Pontious Pilate part, that was just due to misunderstanding. You see most of the questions I asked that you felt were too irritating because according to you they have already been answered by other Christians and are now too basic to be answered by you, to me were actually very much unanswered because the answers were still too illogical and out of place to accept.
Re: Signs You Are Losing Faith In God by Sinistami(m): 6:48pm On Jan 07, 2020
nlPoster:
If satan ceased to exist then mankind would cease to exist, simple.

So God not being a wicked God, would rather save humankind than eliminate them.

There's nothing to debate about it.

Hmm.. Explain... Don't just make claims with no backings.
Re: Signs You Are Losing Faith In God by nlPoster: 7:03pm On Jan 07, 2020
Satan is the owner of the world:

the devil. . . showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor. “All this I'll give you,” he said, “if you will bow down and worship me.”

It was also given to him to make war with God's people and to overcome them, and authority over every tribe and people and tongue and nation was given to him.

So if satan is out of the picture, the world he owns, would also cease to exist.
Re: Signs You Are Losing Faith In God by midnighter(f): 7:05pm On Jan 07, 2020
Sinistami:

Oh OK I get you now..... Well I knew the difference between Christianity and other religions was Christ who acted as the intercessor between God and man but my question was what makes it better. All religions have stuff that makes them different and Unique but not not exactly better.

As for the Pontious Pilate part, that was just due to misunderstanding. You see most of the questions I asked that you felt were too irritating because according to you they have already been answered by other Christians and are now too basic to be answered by you, to me were actually very much unanswered because they were still too illogical to accept.

If that's your stance then you should set the stage for your criticism and argue from secondary principal instead of going around in circles asking things that have a basic theological position already.

You said that there is no evidence that Jesus died when even non-Christian historians acknowledge that he did, even if they do not believe in his divinity. So what was the point in saying that unless you were deliberately trying to be disruptive or you just haven't bothered to research it?

Futile! Pointless.
Re: Signs You Are Losing Faith In God by Sinistami(m): 7:06pm On Jan 07, 2020
midnighter:

The thing is those answers still were still very vague to me... I was just looking for more clearer answers which you still didn't give to me SMH... Eg when I typed about the whites forcing their religion on us you simply said they replaced our religions and cultures but the truth of Christ remains the same. My point was so this truth couldn't be spread without slavery, bloodshed, colonialism, rasism etc... You then replied that it's man's nature to subdue. Like WTF?
Re: Signs You Are Losing Faith In God by Sinistami(m): 7:07pm On Jan 07, 2020
midnighter:

If that's your stance then you should set the stage for your criticism and argue from secondary principal instead of going around in circles asking things that have a basic theological position already.

You said that there is no evidence that Jesus died when even non-Christian historians acknowledge that he did, even if they do not believe in his divinity. So what was the point in saying that unless you were deliberately trying to be disruptive or you just haven't bothered to research it?

Futile! Pointless.

Jesus isn't proven to exist o! Research more.
Re: Signs You Are Losing Faith In God by midnighter(f): 7:07pm On Jan 07, 2020
Sinistami:

The thing is those answers still were still very vague to me... I was just looking for more clearer answers which you still didn't give to me SMH... Eg when I typed about the whites forcing their religion on us you simply said they replaced our religions and cultures but the truth of Christ remains the same. My point was so this truth couldn't be spread without slavery, bloodshed, colonialism, rasism etc... You then replied that it's man's nature to subdue. Like WTF?

Exactly, because you haven't understood that there is a difference between human and divine action.

That's why you don't get it or you're refusing to get it
Re: Signs You Are Losing Faith In God by midnighter(f): 7:08pm On Jan 07, 2020
Sinistami:

Jesus isn't proven to exist o! Research more.

You said he didn't die, now you're saying he never existed. Confusion
Re: Signs You Are Losing Faith In God by Sinistami(m): 7:11pm On Jan 07, 2020
midnighter:

Exactly, because you haven't understood that there is a difference between human and divine action.

That's why you don't get it or you're refusing to get it

So those lives slaughtered, they were just sacrifices right?
Re: Signs You Are Losing Faith In God by midnighter(f): 7:14pm On Jan 07, 2020
Sinistami:

So those lives slaughtered, they were just sacrifices right?

Anyway I don't want to offend you again; just leave me to my devices okay? kiss
Re: Signs You Are Losing Faith In God by Sinistami(m): 7:14pm On Jan 07, 2020
nlPoster:
Satan is the owner of the world:

So if satan is out of the picture, the world he owns, would also cease to exist.

This just makes the story more ridiculous... Explain to me how Satan became the ruler of the world you claim God made.
Re: Signs You Are Losing Faith In God by Sinistami(m): 7:16pm On Jan 07, 2020
midnighter:

Anyway I don't want to offend you again; just leave me to my devices okay? kiss

Runaway soldier... Bye Bye
Re: Signs You Are Losing Faith In God by Sinistami(m): 7:17pm On Jan 07, 2020
midnighter:

You said he didn't die, now you're saying he never existed. Confusion

If he never existed he prolly never died.
Re: Signs You Are Losing Faith In God by midnighter(f): 7:19pm On Jan 07, 2020
Sinistami:

Runaway soldier... Bye Bye

Lmao confused acolyte, bye!
Re: Signs You Are Losing Faith In God by nlPoster: 7:36pm On Jan 07, 2020
Sinistami:

This just makes the story more ridiculous... Explain to me how Satan became the ruler of the world you claim God made.

When Adam and Eve gave their authority to the serpent, sin (satan) became the ruler and owner of the world.

So the Lord God said to the serpent, “Because you have done this . . . you will eat dust

To the man he said . . ."for dust you are”
Re: Signs You Are Losing Faith In God by Professorcplus(m): 2:42pm On Jan 08, 2020
You guys are still on this matter. Only if you could take a pill, relax and observes only then you would know that humans created this religions to control the populace. That is the major reasons why in this era there arise fake pastors, Alfas, babalowo, prophet manipulation the crowds with what they do best.

I don't care about what your believes is for most of them were what you were taught and exposed to from childhood which has made you live with some certain conspiracy of fear within. Other factors that contributed to this include what you were taught and told by relatives, Imam, pastors, teachers and friends.

I strongly encourage you don't be narrowly minded. If you are curious about any thing you don't have answers to, it will be wise of you to seek answer from trusted sources. Remember not just one source. By then you should have a wider knowledge about what is happening on has happened and then you can make a conclusive decision. Don't be the type that say but my pastors says or my Imam says...

Unfortunately, we are in our part of the world where will have misplace priority and religions has eating deeply and has changed our psychological reasonings down the decades. Beside, Christ who you claimed to be the Messiah of the world never created any religion yet humans tags one into it.

This is one of the reasons why we keeps creating limitations for ourselves because of our different believes. It's time we respect one another believes and never rub it against anyone know then barrier will be broken. The countries that are well United is not because of their believes or religion. It is their priority to keep humanity evolves in all aspect of life.

The reality is that we just have to get along with one another because of benefits like connections for jobs or positions, attendance of family event, making friends so as not to being lonely.

The facts is that the world doesn't have a universal truth. What is right to you is actually bad to some other people. But that doesn't make their wrong and that doesn't make yours right. Until we all get this we will be in the prison of belief, custom and whatever limits you.

Have an open heart and listen to other people's opinions only then you can make the best out your existences.

Blakewilli Wolgrace helinues tstx AntiChristian Newnas permit Jodha edoairways jamace victons Olami83 doublecross Newnas Jewessgratitude Gracemadeit Galapagous tck2000 bmdmixer
nlPoster, midnighter MissSweet mrchineke BigBashiru LordReed maynia Viciheaka

1 Like

Re: Signs You Are Losing Faith In God by midnighter(f): 3:18pm On Jan 08, 2020
Professorcplus:

I strongly encourage you don't be narrowly minded. If you are curious about any thing you don't have answers to, it will be wise of you to seek answer from trusted sources. Remember not just one source. By then you should have a wider knowledge about what is happening on has happened and then you can make a conclusive decision. Don't be the type that say but my pastors says or my Imam says...

Have an open heart and listen to other people's opinions only then you can make the best out your existences.

I have tried to be patient with you and not answer your jumbled comments but you are becoming an irritant to me.

Why have you not also tagged your fellow agnostic who has been making odious statements all over the thread? Everything you have written here applies to him too. Its only Christians who can be narrow-minded right? Hypocrisy.

Moreover we have already left the topic since yesterday so just stop mentioning me okay? Smh
Re: Signs You Are Losing Faith In God by Professorcplus(m): 3:35pm On Jan 08, 2020
midnighter:

I have tried to be patient with you and not answer your jumbled comments but you are becoming an irritant to me.

Why have you not also tagged your fellow agnostic who has been making odious statements all over the thread? Everything you have written here applies to him too. Its only Christians who can be narrow-minded right? Hypocrisy.

Moreover we have already left the topic since yesterday so just stop mentioning me okay? Smh

I never criticize any belief here neither did I come to degrade any belief. Beside my right-up didn't fit to be be called "hypocrisy" because I never hold anybody words against them.

Feel free to say your opinion. That what counts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why Is Dating Common Among Church Choristers? / Man Who Turned Against God, Became An Atheist Found God Again After Many Years / APC Will Take Over Bayelsa State In 2016, Except… – Primate Ayodele

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.