Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,162 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:58 AM

Signs You Are Losing Faith In God - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Signs You Are Losing Faith In God (26294 Views)

Am Losing Faith / Losing Faith | My Departure From Theism [cc] / 8 Signs You Are Under A Powerful Love Spell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Signs You Are Losing Faith In God by midnighter(f): 3:38pm On Jan 08, 2020
Professorcplus:

I never criticize any belief here neither did I come to degrade any belief. Beside my right-up didn't fit to be be called "hypocrisy" because I never hold anybody words against them.

Feel free to say your opinion. That what counts

Are you going to tag that guy in your confusionist comment or not?

Otherwise you are nothing but a bloated hypocrite.

You say you "never criticise any belief here" yet you stated that "Only if you could take a pill, relax and observes only then you would know that humans created this religions to control the populace." Is it not a criticism?

Youre actually the one looking down on people here, so you should take your own advice before mentioning me.

Lies and hypocrisy.
Re: Signs You Are Losing Faith In God by Professorcplus(m): 4:36pm On Jan 08, 2020
midnighter:

Are you going to tag that guy in your confusionist comment or not?

Otherwise you are nothing but a bloated hypocrite.

You say you "never criticise any belief here" yet you stated that "Only if you could take a pill, relax and observes only then you would know that humans created this religions to control the populace." Is it not a criticism?

Youre actually the one looking down on people here, so you should take your own advice before mentioning me.

Lies and hypocrisy.

I've carefully laid down my words above and there is nothing like "criticism" here it's a matter of choice and opinion.

Life is not as hard as we might think. No point taking everything personal.

I could have replied back with provocative words but instead I choose to come straight and plain because if I had done so, we would only be revolving in circles like a scalar quantity that has magnitude but no direction.

No need arguing backward, well except if you're doing for the fun of it grin
Re: Signs You Are Losing Faith In God by midnighter(f): 4:47pm On Jan 08, 2020
Professorcplus:

I've carefully laid down my words above and there is nothing like "criticism" here it's a matter of choice and opinion.

Life is not as hard as we might think. No point taking everything personal.

I could have replied back with provocative words but instead I choose to come straight and plain because if I had done so, we would only be revolving in circles like a vector quantity that has magnitude but no direction.

No need arguing backward, well except if you're doing for the fun of it grin

You dont need to reply back with any category of words, you only need to admit that you are a hypocrite.
Re: Signs You Are Losing Faith In God by Professorcplus(m): 5:08pm On Jan 08, 2020
midnighter:

You dont need to reply back with any category of words, you only need to admit that you are a hypocrite.

Now I see you are doing this for fun grin. But the fact is that I never come here defending myself. Yes I'm a hypocrite! I never argue.

But can I tell you this "The word "hypocrite" is like a double-edged sword" and I can as well use it against you but no cause for that anyway.

Do you still have anything against me? cool
Re: Signs You Are Losing Faith In God by okikiosibodu(m): 2:42pm On Apr 23, 2020
humblemikel:
Thank you Op.
I'm presently battling with faith lost.
I lost my most Endearing Dad last year ending to Mr. Death.
Even after I have prayed to God for almost a year and believing beyond every reasonable doubt that Dad will be fine, because He too put all his faith in God for his recovery which never happened.
When I lost him, my faith in God shifted .
I can't sing anymore, as I can't go a day without singing praises and worship.
I'm not much of a prayerful person but I love music more than life itself.
Music is what I use to communicate with God daily.
I just say my simple prayer and sing all day
But everything changes since I lost Dad, I lost all the joy and faith in God.
Each time Mum talks about God or church , I find myself sighing hurtfully.
I couldn't even make any plan for my 2020
I just enter the year with the hope that whatever comes my way I will take it.
I can't remember the last time I visited a church since middle of last year.
Daily, the hospital experience with my father and his last moment on earth keeps hunting my thoughts.
I'm becoming more impatient with life that I ended a relationship I was trying to build again last year after I gave up on love 3years ago.
I don't know what will become of me but I just live each day looking forward to each day what it brings my way.
When my father is laid to rest this year,
I will be enrolling for online counseling.
Maybe I can get my old self back and strengthened my faith once again.
SOMETIMES LIFE SUCKS...
Just hang in there. There is always light at the end of the tunnel
Re: Signs You Are Losing Faith In God by Sinistami(m): 12:28pm On Jun 21, 2020
midnighter:

You dont get it. If older religions have the "same Christ-like character" then what remains is to check what the difference is between their own version and that of Christianity.

In thousands of years of religion and myth, is it so impossible that some intelligent humans could come up with a similar idea, being faced with the ubiquitous problem of human sin?

Why is that an issue?

You dont reason very well, thats your problem.

Damn this post is old I've forgotten when I typed it Sha. Any way let me answer you. The thing is, that's the problem. It's not impossible. What I'm saying is the character of christ is very similar to characters created by older religions, way older with same story, same technique and going by your words they might have came up with similar character, what makes you feel your christ too wasn't just made up too? I'm reasoning perfectly, thank you. Check what you wrote up there and come back.
Re: Signs You Are Losing Faith In God by Eze2000(m): 4:09pm On Jul 01, 2020
midnighter:

You dont get it. If older religions have the "same Christ-like character" then what remains is to check what the difference is between their own version and that of Christianity.

In thousands of years of religion and myth, is it so impossible that some intelligent humans could come up with a similar idea, being faced with the ubiquitous problem of human sin?

Why is that an issue?

You dont reason very well, thats your problem.

Sent you a mail

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Man Who Turned Against God, Became An Atheist Found God Again After Many Years / APC Will Take Over Bayelsa State In 2016, Except… – Primate Ayodele / Who Decreed That Christians Must Have White Weddings?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.