Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,351 members, 7,808,228 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:05 AM

Mikel Arteta: Aubameyang Must Commit Future To Arsenal To Remain Captain - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel Arteta: Aubameyang Must Commit Future To Arsenal To Remain Captain (18514 Views)

My Problem Was Only With Arteta – Aubameyang Opens Up On Arsenal Exit / Mikel Arteta: Aubameyang Won’t Play For Arsenal Until Further Notice / Ademola Lookman Snubs Nigeria, Pledges Future To England (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mikel Arteta: Aubameyang Must Commit Future To Arsenal To Remain Captain by ogbiwa: 5:52am On Jan 05, 2020
Mikel Arteta is demanding long-term commitment from every Arsenal captain - including Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.

Aubameyang has been the captain for each of Arteta's opening two games as manager despite his future at the club being up in the air.

Arteta is keeping faith in the Gabon striker, who has been talks over a new deal with Arsenal but negotiations have broken down.

He has just 18 months left on his current contract.

Arteta is unconcerned over his future at the moment but has warned Aubameyang that his captaincy could be under threat if he does not commit to the club.

For now, Arteta is unconcerned. But, ahead of tomorrow’s FA Cup third-round home tie with Leeds, the Spaniard hinted that would change if the stalemate dragged on.

Arteta declared: “At the moment, I think everything is okay.

“It’s not the time for me to change things in place now because I haven’t seen the real things to make those decisions.

“But the more stability we generate with our captain – and players in the squad - the more clarity we’re going to have to transmit to the fans what we’re trying to do.”

Arteta was handed the Arsenal captaincy seven years ago by Arsene Wenger - something that came completely out of the blue.

Coincidentally it was in the FA Cup against Championship side Leeds - the same tie that the Gunners face on Monday night in this year's competition.

Recalling the day he was handed the armband, Arteta said: “I didn’t know about it. I arrived there and the armband was next to my shirt.

“I asked Arsene: ”Boss, this is here, is it a mistake?’ and he said: ‘No, no, you’re the captain’.

“It felt incredible as I hadn’t been here long.

He put a lot of faith in me when I’d just arrived. I was very privileged and honoured.”

Arteta, 37, reckons having such a large gang of captains at the club is not a problem – unless it leads to divisive cliques.

“I’ve been in clubs where we had four or five captains. It’s more a leadership group than captains,” explained the ex-Man City number two.

“In the end, one guy wears the armband.

After that, the team picks the leaders. When someone talks, they listen - or they’re looking at the roof. That’s when you see.

“Leadership is related to how a team lives together. Different groups - with different leaders that are not in the best, common interest of the group - is what I want to avoid.

“We have some who are more leaders on the pitch, some more outside the pitch. We want to bring them all together.

“The staff are very important as well. Players don’t live alone in the training ground. They’re constantly interacting with a lot of the staff.

“The leadership has to come from a lot of people in the building.”
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/mikel-arteta-issues-arsenal-captaincy-21212876

Re: Mikel Arteta: Aubameyang Must Commit Future To Arsenal To Remain Captain by CapitalHYC(m): 6:01am On Jan 05, 2020
Hmm
Re: Mikel Arteta: Aubameyang Must Commit Future To Arsenal To Remain Captain by shamsin6300(m): 6:02am On Jan 05, 2020
Arsenal should donate their weapons 2 either Iran or America & 4gt abt any further game in their life.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mikel Arteta: Aubameyang Must Commit Future To Arsenal To Remain Captain by Lagbaja01(m): 6:06am On Jan 05, 2020
Are you in anyway related to BasketMouth?
shamsin6300:
Arsenal should donate their weapons 2 either Iran or America & 4gt abt any further game in their life.

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mikel Arteta: Aubameyang Must Commit Future To Arsenal To Remain Captain by Nobody: 6:07am On Jan 05, 2020
Unlike Arsenal which is currently the biggest Night Club in London, Baba life has refuse to show commitment to Nigeria after retaining the armband last year.

The lanky daura drunkard is just like one Jack Grealish of Aston Villa who has continued to be unproductive and leaving his team rock bottom of the chart.

Everything was provided for Gen. M. Buhari (rtd) to succeed in Nigeria FC, but the drunk captain failed woefully.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mikel Arteta: Aubameyang Must Commit Future To Arsenal To Remain Captain by olaric(m): 6:11am On Jan 05, 2020
I like his approach to management. Being ruthless is what a team like Arsenal need at the moment.

8 Likes

Re: Mikel Arteta: Aubameyang Must Commit Future To Arsenal To Remain Captain by Nobody: 6:12am On Jan 05, 2020
Nice one from the boss
Re: Mikel Arteta: Aubameyang Must Commit Future To Arsenal To Remain Captain by Nicklaus619(m): 6:13am On Jan 05, 2020
shamsin6300:

What a silly comment

10 Likes

Re: Mikel Arteta: Aubameyang Must Commit Future To Arsenal To Remain Captain by Ijawdefender: 6:14am On Jan 05, 2020
Assanal...
Re: Mikel Arteta: Aubameyang Must Commit Future To Arsenal To Remain Captain by 111sunshine: 6:15am On Jan 05, 2020
smart move
Re: Mikel Arteta: Aubameyang Must Commit Future To Arsenal To Remain Captain by Kingrexyl(m): 6:15am On Jan 05, 2020
I really don't care
Re: Mikel Arteta: Aubameyang Must Commit Future To Arsenal To Remain Captain by Pedrotina11: 6:16am On Jan 05, 2020
Arteta...managerial role fit u like long sleeve..

12 Likes

Re: Mikel Arteta: Aubameyang Must Commit Future To Arsenal To Remain Captain by BitmapStudios: 6:19am On Jan 05, 2020
shamsin6300:
At least, their destiny will be put to use very well.
cool
Re: Mikel Arteta: Aubameyang Must Commit Future To Arsenal To Remain Captain by anochuko01(m): 6:21am On Jan 05, 2020
logon599:
Arsenal have already played better in 3 games under Arteta than in over 50 games under Emery. Yes Emery was indeed part of the problem
While I agree with you, we also saw this in Emery's earliest days, going 21 games unbeaten. But I still believe arteta would be a better manager though

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mikel Arteta: Aubameyang Must Commit Future To Arsenal To Remain Captain by anochuko01(m): 6:23am On Jan 05, 2020
olaric:
I like his approach to management. Being ruthless is what a team like Arsenal need at the moment.
And that was one major thing arteta said he learnt from pep.
Guy is a cross breed of Wenger and pep

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mikel Arteta: Aubameyang Must Commit Future To Arsenal To Remain Captain by englishmart(m): 6:25am On Jan 05, 2020
Commit future to Arsenal. Is arsenal worth anyone's future? lol

2 Likes

Re: Mikel Arteta: Aubameyang Must Commit Future To Arsenal To Remain Captain by olaric(m): 6:27am On Jan 05, 2020
anochuko01:

Pep of course is ruthless, but Wenger was far from being one while at Arsenal.

7 Likes

Re: Mikel Arteta: Aubameyang Must Commit Future To Arsenal To Remain Captain by shamsin6300(m): 6:28am On Jan 05, 2020
BitmapStudios:

At least, their destiny will be put to use very well.
cool

Lolx,,,,funny

1 Like

Re: Mikel Arteta: Aubameyang Must Commit Future To Arsenal To Remain Captain by Roon9(m): 6:29am On Jan 05, 2020
Hmm.... Commit to what? Aubameyang made a wrong move accepting to play for Arsenal lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Mikel Arteta: Aubameyang Must Commit Future To Arsenal To Remain Captain by YugoMag: 6:38am On Jan 05, 2020
grin grin
Re: Mikel Arteta: Aubameyang Must Commit Future To Arsenal To Remain Captain by Stainlessx(m): 6:41am On Jan 05, 2020
anochuko01:

I like this.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mikel Arteta: Aubameyang Must Commit Future To Arsenal To Remain Captain by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:44am On Jan 05, 2020
Erediauwa:
Unlike Arsenal which is currently the biggest Night Club in London, Baba life has refuse to show commitment to Nigeria after retaining the armband last year.

The lanky daura drunkard is just like one Jack Grealish of Aston Villa who has continued to be unproductive and leaving his team rock bottom of the chart.

Everything was provided for Gen. M. Buhari (rtd) to succeed in Nigeria FC, but the drunk captain failed woefully.
So dry, flat and dull!

Shame this is coming from Jasonscoolari, supporter of one of the notorious criminal in Nigeria, that was jailed abroad for his crimes and atrocities... James Ibori.

Who will expect anything else coming from you but to attack PMB, the nightmare of thieves, fraudsters and criminals.

The mods will soon have your time, when they remember what RULE 19 of Nairaland states.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mikel Arteta: Aubameyang Must Commit Future To Arsenal To Remain Captain by davidtemi(m): 6:47am On Jan 05, 2020
Correct...infact arteta is d real deal
Re: Mikel Arteta: Aubameyang Must Commit Future To Arsenal To Remain Captain by Nobody: 6:47am On Jan 05, 2020
post=85512309:

So dry, flat and dull!
Shame!
Coming from a dude that grills dead rotten vulture meat? Lol, is it because I stylishly used your buhari to replace the word "failure"?

Felix Terungwa Dav, this is a new decade, please don't make your wife feel like a widow when you're still alive.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mikel Arteta: Aubameyang Must Commit Future To Arsenal To Remain Captain by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:49am On Jan 05, 2020
@topic, no be by Captainship biko.

Even if all your first eleven players are captain of their national team, if you don't get yourself together.
You will always perform woefully!

FACTS OF LIFE!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Mikel Arteta: Aubameyang Must Commit Future To Arsenal To Remain Captain by adewumiopeyemi(m): 6:51am On Jan 05, 2020
Not by captain if he wish to leave he has the right to leave you can’t comit future because of captain to a person

2 Likes

Re: Mikel Arteta: Aubameyang Must Commit Future To Arsenal To Remain Captain by adewumiopeyemi(m): 6:53am On Jan 05, 2020
I gues the guy is a buhari ancestor the grill man always argue unnecsssary
Erediauwa:
Coming from a dude that grills dead rotten vulture meat? Lol, is it because I stylishly used your buhari to replace the word "failure"?

Felix Terungwa Dav, this is a new decade, please don't make your wife feel like a widow when you're still alive.

2 Likes

Re: Mikel Arteta: Aubameyang Must Commit Future To Arsenal To Remain Captain by adewumiopeyemi(m): 6:53am On Jan 05, 2020
Keep editing
Just to get ordinary like ryt
post=85512378:
@topic, no be by Captainship biko.

Even if all your first eleven players are captain of their national team, if you don't get yourself together.
You will always perform woefully!

FACT OF LIFE!

3 Likes

Re: Mikel Arteta: Aubameyang Must Commit Future To Arsenal To Remain Captain by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:55am On Jan 05, 2020
adewumiopeyemi:
Keep editing
Just to get ordinary like ryt
Fine boy seeking attention on a daily basis. wink
Ope mi, Nairaland most handsome.
Oko omoge.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mikel Arteta: Aubameyang Must Commit Future To Arsenal To Remain Captain by adewumiopeyemi(m): 6:56am On Jan 05, 2020
post=85512457:

Fine boy seeking attention.
Ope mi, Nairaland most handsome.
Oko omoge.

1 Like

Re: Mikel Arteta: Aubameyang Must Commit Future To Arsenal To Remain Captain by Orowodot12: 7:00am On Jan 05, 2020
cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nicholas Bett Dies In Car Accident / Nigeria Is Only Now 90 Minutes Away From Russia 2018 World Cup / Troost Ekong To Captain Nigeria Against Ukraine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.